IGNORED

Cheapest Flights from Australia

RAM8

Even Vietnam Air is not getting into the act with good fares for off-season.  Seems like different cities and connections on different days.

Competition - I love it.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I only ever go non-stop, don't want any stopovers.

Flown Thai, Emirates, Qantas over the past several years, cost between $800 and $1000.

iam with you,bugger the stop over's fly from brizzy to melbourne, sydney ect. may save a few $100 not much, I want just leave home go to airport and fly out

Scoot is having another sale at the moment for some flights up until October this year.

I'm considering flying with them again for my August/September trip.

$550 return including checked baggage again.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I only ever go non-stop, don't want any stopovers.

Flown Thai, Emirates, Qantas over the past several years, cost between $800 and $1000.

Since when have Emirates flown direct to Thailand?

Even Vietnam Air is not getting into the act with good fares for off-season.  Seems like different cities and connections on different days.

Competition - I love it.

You can get some good fares to Phnom Pehn with Vietnam air, if a direct flight.  If your not in transit you have to get a visa which is expensive and a pain in the arse.

Since when have Emirates flown direct to Thailand?

Nightly from sydney....  1945 summer time and 1845 the rest of the year... the run number is 419 returns 418 originates Dubai... then Bangers leaves there about 1950 (from memory).... stops sydney in the morning.... then heads for Nz, before returning later in the day to form 419.. SYD _BKK  then off to Dubai...

Had a look 3 weeks time

1check your itinerary

(all times are local)

OUTBOUND - 11 February 2013   19:45 SYD Sydney Kingsford Smith Emirates EK419   00:55 (+1) BKK Bangkok Suvarnabhumi 9h 10  
RETURN - 25 February 2013   19:30 BKK Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Emirates EK418   08:45 (+1) SYD Sydney Kingsford Smith 9h 15  
2book your tickets

icon_adult.png?v=1 x 1icon_child.png?v=1 x 0icon_infant.png?v=1 x 0

1. SYD-BKK19:45 11 February 2013
  2. BKK-SYD19:30 25 February 2013
emir.png
$890.28
bookingstatus_current_small.png
  Book

Total $890.28

The price includes mandatory taxes and fees, but you may be charged for optional extras like baggage fees.
bookingstatus_current_small.png Price is live

I find that just about every month Jetstar have a deal for cheap flights in an upcoming month. I use getflight.com.au to find out when the deal is happening, and then check the Jetstar website to find the days the deal is good for and get the exact price. I then go to flight centre with the information and pay cash. Always cost me around $530 return, including check in luggage.

There is no entertainment or meals provided. It is from

Melbourne, therefore only 8 hours. A few tunes and a $7 sandwich later and I'm in Bangkok with a semi rager and on the road to patts. Don't need any fancy shit

Nightly from sydney....  1945 summer time and 1845 the rest of the year... the run number is 419 returns 418 originates Dubai... then Bangers leaves there about 1950 (from memory).... stops sydney in the morning.... then heads for Nz, before returning later in the day to form 419.. SYD _BKK  then off to Dubai...

Had a look 3 weeks time

1check your itinerary

(all times are local)

OUTBOUND - 11 February 2013   19:45 SYD Sydney Kingsford Smith Emirates EK419   00:55 (+1) BKK Bangkok Suvarnabhumi 9h 10  
RETURN - 25 February 2013   19:30 BKK Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Emirates EK418   08:45 (+1) SYD Sydney Kingsford Smith 9h 15  
2book your tickets

icon_adult.png?v=1 x 1icon_child.png?v=1 x 0icon_infant.png?v=1 x 0

1. SYD-BKK19:45 11 February 2013
  2. BKK-SYD19:30 25 February 2013
emir.png
$890.28
bookingstatus_current_small.png
  Book

Total $890.28

The price includes mandatory taxes and fees, but you may be charged for optional extras like baggage fees.
bookingstatus_current_small.png Price is live

Thanks for that you are right!  Wish you could get the same flight from Melbourne!  Emirates only flies Singapore or KL out of Melbourne, that explains their route map.

Cheers

I Fly to Bkk from Perth 5 to 6 times a year and have done for the last 7 years.....have had enough of cancelled Jetstar flights out of Bangkok missing the connection in SIngapore, sure they stick you in a hotel over night but only after lining up for an hour with all the other angry stranded passengers and Tiger e-mailing me saying that they have changed my SIngapore to Perth flight and will now have a stopover in Singapore for 14 hours...this started to happen too many times so fuck it i just fly direct to Bangkok with Thai airlines now, next month $885 return. I was 8 kg over on the check in baggage two trips ago and they charged me nothing......If you want to upgrade to business on the return flight it costs $480. Not a bad deal.

Cheapest i ever paid was with tiger $420 return....

Flew Emirates Sydney to Bkk last time. Top class service.

Will be hard to go back to Jetstar again after experiencing decent airline but price wise Jetstar usually win but not always.

I Fly to Bkk from Perth 5 to 6 times a year and have done for the last 7 years.....have had enough of cancelled Jetstar flights out of Bangkok missing the connection in SIngapore, sure they stick you in a hotel over night but only after lining up for an hour with all the other angry stranded passengers and Tiger e-mailing me saying that they have changed my SIngapore to Perth flight and will now have a stopover in Singapore for 14 hours...this started to happen too many times so fuck it i just fly direct to Bangkok with Thai airlines now, next month $885 return. I was 8 kg over on the check in baggage two trips ago and they charged me nothing......If you want to upgrade to business on the return flight it costs $480. Not a bad deal.

Cheapest i ever paid was with tiger $420 return....

Same here had enough of those budget flights too many hassles. Malaysia Air have flights at the moment for $800 ret with only 2hr layover in KL. Tempting but waiting for Thai to drop there price for May. 

Same here had enough of those budget flights too many hassles. Malaysia Air have flights at the moment for $800 ret with only 2hr layover in KL. Tempting but waiting for Thai to drop there price for May. 

You blokes in Perth always get  a better deal!

I fly Jetstar Melbourne Bangkok return no stopovers 9hrs

no frills food etc. With golf clubs an choosing my seat

$560aud.

$560aud.

I would move to Melbourne to get these great deals,but i like the Queensland weather more than a great deal

$560aud.

What dates do you fly?

$560aud.

What dates do you fly?

No entertainment or food/drink for 9 hours will leave you in horrible shape on landing.

I tried this on a jetstar non-stop flight to Phuket and I wanted to throw myself off the plane halfway through.

To the guys flying budget - what does it cost including the extras? eg. entertainment, food, seating for all legs. That would be a more realistic figure.

My next trip to BKK is with Air Asia and it was $790 incl. entertainment, food, seating in quiet zone AND the credit card processing fee!

I'm thinking I should have paid the extra for Emirates but I get annoyed at the many arabic announcements that interrupt your movie.

No entertainment or food/drink for 9 hours will leave you in horrible shape on landing.

I have solved this issue, I got some prescription sleeping pills from the Dr, I literally do not remember the plane taking off, & woke up fresh as a daisy about 10 mins before landing.

Tough shit for the person next to me wanting to go to the toilet but who cares, Im not waking up for them hahaha :P

Seriously, I cant recommend this method enough.

You can pre book the entertainment package with jet star at $24 all up return. I got an IPad given to me on the way there and had a normal screen in the seat on the way back. The variety is not that great but a couple of movies is all I need to relieve the boredom and I thought it was well worth the money.

I don't get the food package. Have a meal before take off and maybe by a muffin or something if I get peckish and that's enough.

Problem with many of these discount airlines is the long layovers and ridiculous scheduling that has you arriving in BKK after midnight, etc (or leaving at some equally ridiculous hour).

For me from KSA, QF23 to BKK and QF24 return are almost perfect departure and arrival times - you arrive at a time when you can still have a night out in Patts and returning you have a whole last day (don't have to leave town till 4pm or so)

I am going discount in March though, but I'm going for a week to Cebu (Cebu Paific) via Singapore (on Scoot) from Sydney, then BKK (for a week in Patts) on Cebu and home from BKK via Singapore on Scoot - the whole thing is about $870 with meals, baggage and (I think) entertainment (at least on Scoot). The flight times are great and the stopover in Singapore when returning to KSA from BKK is only a couple of hours.

I've done the discount flights a few times - and for me, never again. It's each for their own, but I just had too many bad experiences. One flight was cancelled - cost me two days of my holiday (hotel in Bangkok was already booked and could not be cancelled anymore). Also the discomfort to me is just too much - I might sound picky, but I rather just prefer to pay a bit more and get the comfort and guarantee of arriving on time.

I have tonnes of miles with Singapore, so I normally fly with them. Leaving Melbourne at 1am (yes midnight), arriving Bangkok at 9am in the morning that same day. Saves me a day of my holiday by working all day Friday, off to airport later that evening and Saturday morning I am already with my arse in a bar in Bangkok.

Yes the cost of that flight is a bit more (a bit over 1000 I think) but to me its worth it!

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'Brush Script MT';">Never Say Never</span></span></p><div><p><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">about 20 trips to LOS, next trip in Dec-15...</span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">

Problem with many of these discount airlines is the long layovers and ridiculous scheduling that has you arriving in BKK after midnight, etc (or leaving at some equally ridiculous hour).

For me from KSA, QF23 to BKK and QF24 return are almost perfect departure and arrival times - you arrive at a time when you can still have a night out in Patts and returning you have a whole last day (don't have to leave town till 4pm or so)

I am going discount in March though, but I'm going for a week to Cebu (Cebu Paific) via Singapore (on Scoot) from Sydney, then BKK (for a week in Patts) on Cebu and home from BKK via Singapore on Scoot - the whole thing is about $870 with meals, baggage and (I think) entertainment (at least on Scoot). The flight times are great and the stopover in Singapore when returning to KSA from BKK is only a couple of hours.

I have to agree with the stupid hours of flights.. BUT.... it isn't the airlines fault, but rather the dopey curfew that applies n Sydney.

The airlines have to get the best utilisation of their aircraft they possibly can on any given day, that is why you find a heap of flights departing Asia in the middle of the night to arrive AM in Sydney.

A good example is Air Asia... the king of el cheapo. Now, they don't like their planes sitting on the ground for too long.. that is why there is a 70 minute turn around in Sydney.. But to do that, they have to leave their Hub in KL at some ugodly hour, about 11:30 pm or Midnight.

As far as I can find, tho I haven't looked too hard, there is one day flight from Bangers... Thai Airways leaves Bangers at 8am local and arrives Sydney 8pm or 9pm, depending on the season.. That plane then makes the Thai airways day flight that leaves at 10am, the next morning (summer time)

If we had a sensible airport n Sydney that operated 24/7, you would be able to fly day work both ways with many airlines, but until that happens (not holding my breath) we are stuck with these all night horrors.

I have flown day work to Phuket on JQ27, many times, and it is tolerable.... but the return, JQ28 is a nightmare... but it is direct

I tried this on a jetstar non-stop flight to Phuket and I wanted to throw myself off the plane halfway through.

I know what you are saying (I generally hare flying and 9 hours in my max tolerance) but eating before I board with a few red wines, bringing my iPad for entertainment and a sleeping pill makes it easy. Mel - Bkk - Mel for $460 inc checked luggage in August. 

Dreading my flight to LA in March (on route to Cuba)...15 hours. Yikes!!

Archived