Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cheapest Flights from Australia

RAM8

I flew Sydney to Phuket, return flight Bangkok to Melbourne, then Sydney for total A$570 including bags in November with Jetstar, 9 hours each leg (+90 mins Melb to Syd).

Jetstar usually have sales on Boxing Day too.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Book Scoot for 2 people to Bangkok from Gold Coast $550 (no bagage & food) stoppping at Changi Airport for 2.5 hrs January 2013. Paid extra $13AUD/person Scoot-thru service for transit passenger straight to departure lounge and not passing immigration in Singapore.

Flyback Singapore to Gold Coast at $480 SGD for 2 people with 20 kg baggage each. Bangkok to SGD 5,000 baht ($156 AUD) for 2 people. Got mates in Singapore so will stay there for few days.

All up cost me approximately $1050 return for two people. Not bad.

Ussually fly Air Asia for about the same price but the airline land at Don Muang now instead of Survarnabhumi airport so additional fare plus time to and from pattaya so will try Scoot and see how it goes

First time to fly under scoot so fingers crossed.

Jetstar have a sale now from melb- bkk $530 return.Sale finishes 28th December

For the info of Sydneyites. I copied this from a BM on another site:

Did a return flight on flyscoot.com (Singapore Air) website-Boeing 777-200

Depart Friday Oct 2012

Return Saturday Oct 2012

One week trip

Going: (32hrs 55min)

Depart Sydney 1:50pm

Arrive Singapore 7:00pm

(8hrs 10min) - 3hrs time difference Daylight saving time -

22hrs 25min Stopover

Depart Singapore 5:25pm

Arrive Bangkok 6:45pm

(2hrs 20min) 1hr time difference

Return Flight: 12hrs 55min

Depart Bangkok 8:00pm

Arrive Singapore 11:15pm

(2hrs 15min) 1hr time difference

2hrs 55min Stopover

Depart Singapore 2:10am

Arrive Sydney 12:55pm

(7hrs 45min) -3hr time difference daylight saving-

Flight only - $AUD510.29

Flight + Bag - $AUD574.39

Flight + Bag + Food - $616.29

As previously alluded to I think the 22hr stopover suks. I did some tinkering re Tiger, Jetstar & Air Asia. Tiger's latest flight is 8.30pm so I can't see why you couldn't connect with that otherwise your overnighting in Singapore. Of course flights & prices change, it's what's available when you decide to search. In the past I've focused on direct return flights or Emirates via KL. I have considered Air Asia but after adding flight cost + baggage + food + entertainment it wasn't a great saving. But next year I intend to research all my options. I might well give Scoot a run without the Singapore - BKK leg. I'd prefer not having to stay overnight as I've been there done that. As also stated, there certainly are more options these days.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I,m pretty lucky living in the most livable city in the world Melbourne.

Jetstar fly Melb- Bangkok non stop. And have heaps of sales.

In all my trips the most expensive will be my trip in June.

To Bangkok $249 return $211

20kg checked baggage $70 return

Exit seat $90 return

Taxes $20

$640 but no food, drink or entertainment which can be bought

on credit card only

9hr flight

I have never had a problem with them and I have been using them

for years.

I take golf clubs and like the exit seats for leg room.

But if you are headin over for a trip with hand luggage only

I could have easily paid $400 return on many occassions.

Thai Airways direct approx $1100

Majority of other cheap flights are not direct with stopovers which i hate

Am yet to find a direct flight from the Gold Coast to Bangkok which is kindov gay...

So far Scoot with stop at SIN is still my cheapest option, if you book in advance its about $250 each way + extras. Sometimes sales are cheaper again!

On the return trip as mentioned before avoid the Scoot from Bangkok to SIN & just get the SIN to Gold Coast, then get a cheap connecting flight from Bangkok to SIN & avoid the 22hr stopover. (Air Asia have one that times in well)

If Scoot fix this gayness, then I'll be really happy ;)

I,m pretty lucky living in the most livable city in the world Melbourne.

Jetstar fly Melb- Bangkok non stop. And have heaps of sales.

In all my trips the most expensive will be my trip in June.

To Bangkok $249 return $211

20kg checked baggage $70 return

Exit seat $90 return

Taxes $20

$640 but no food, drink or entertainment which can be bought

on credit card only

9hr flight

I have never had a problem with them and I have been using them

for years.

I take golf clubs and like the exit seats for leg room.

But if you are headin over for a trip with hand luggage only

I could have easily paid $400 return on many occassions.

Thai Airways direct approx $1100

Majority of other cheap flights are not direct with stopovers which i hate

What do they charge you for the golf clubs mate?

Singapore Air have a special out of perth at the moment for $820 ret flying before june. Very tempting but I'll wait to see if Thai air have some specials coming up, thinking of returning in May for 2 weeks.

Flown with Jetstar before just didnt like the fact there was no inflight entertainment to be purchased wasnt even a screen on back of the seat in front which is a bit pathetic for a 5hr flight.

Singapore Air have a special out of perth at the moment for $820 ret flying before june. Very tempting but I'll wait to see if Thai air have some specials coming up, thinking of returning in May for 2 weeks.

Flown with Jetstar before just didnt like the fact there was no inflight entertainment to be purchased wasnt even a screen on back of the seat in front which is a bit pathetic for a 5hr flight.

Its a budget airline what do you want from a cheap flight ?

well, Vietnam airlines have a special from Sydney $644 return only stipulation is you have to stay Saigon for 1 night each way this is for March 2013 avialable from Flight Centre

Its a budget airline what do you want from a cheap flight ?

I realise its budget but I would like to have the option of purchasable entertainment on such a long flight nothing worse than trying to amuse yourself for 5hrs.....cant even have a wank. Well I could but.........

If Airasia can do it then why cant JS.....anyway I've had enough of these budget airlines I'll stick with Thai or Singapore in the future.

There's also not allot of difference in price once you add-on all the extras with the budget airlines.

I realise its budget but I would like to have the option of purchasable entertainment on such a long flight nothing worse than trying to amuse yourself for 5hrs.....cant even have a wank. Well I could but.........

If Airasia can do it then why cant JS.....anyway I've had enough of these budget airlines I'll stick with Thai or Singapore in the future.

There's also not allot of difference in price once you add-on all the extras with the budget airlines.

I normally fly TA but next trip in a month or so I had to do JS half the price of TA for late jan.

I normally fly TA but next trip in a month or so I had to do JS half the price of TA for late jan.

Well thats a good deal if you can get it for half price but you have to be quick to get those deals. I'm never close to a computer during the day last time I paid $660 with JS in April and $750 with thai in Sept. If I can get a thai for $800 flying May I'll take it, just have to wait till they release some cheap seats. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Air Asia has a sale going at the moment.

Lets keep this aussie flight thread updated as sales come up!

Jetstar have their "Friday Frenzy" sale on today (seeing as its a friday)

Check them out on Facebook.

Jetstar have their "Friday Frenzy" sale on today (seeing as its a friday)

Check them out on Facebook.

Damn...there is nothing that matches up with my proposed date from next months mini trip.

I really need a good deal if I am to take another of these 5 day trips next month. 

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Just booked for March flying Thai for $875 from Melbourne. Anything under $900 with Thai and I'm happy. Never any problems/delays with Thai, nearly always delays with low cost carriers.

I booked with jet star from Mel direct to BKK return in Feb (20kg baggage) for $555.....I've had no delays on my last 4 trips.....$320 goes a long way in LOS IMO.  

Just booked tickets for Jun-13 using Frequent Flyer points. 

Flying from Melbourne to Bangkok costed 59,103 points using Jetstar with no seat selection, luggage, meals or entertainment. I reckon a good deal as I was going to get $500 Woolies card for 72,500 points.

Only issue is that I tried to select seats that was going to cost me $14, but $25 was the credit card fee with no option to pay by direct debit :(. 

Found out another way to avoid credit card fee with Jetstar. I booked using my Frequent Flyer points, but could not select seat or other amenities due to $25 fee for credit card processing. But I added them after I got my itinerary and paid using Paypal and did not get charged any extra fee.

72,500 points = $500 woolies card

59,103 points = $450 (approx)

Good deal me think.

$500 return MEL-BKK with Jetstar up to mid-June.  Flew Thai over Xmas, and doubt if I would do again, shit depart times 12 midnight over, and 8am return.  Jetstar 2pm and 10pm pretty good times.  Have had pretty good experience with JS so far.  Row 44 in middle 4 seats is pretty good, extra legroom without the extra cost.

Im thinkin 6-16 June. $500 for 10days, but only using 6 days leave due to Queens Birthday Holiday 10/6. Good ROI I reckon.

Only problem is that my wife will most likely murder me if I attempt such.

I just booked today Royal Brunei Melbourne - Bangkok return  $882

28/03/13   1.05 hr stop over

05/04/13   2.55 hr stop over

Pretty good for booking 9 weeks before and over Easter!

I only ever go non-stop, don't want any stopovers.

Flown Thai, Emirates, Qantas over the past several years, cost between $800 and $1000.

Archived