IGNORED

What Cameras and Cam's are best to take w/you

luvtomuff

Guys,

There have been several good quality photos on the board, not to mention the few that Sexy puts up. So, I am curious what Cameras (small and average, no puns intended). Pro and Amature make sense. You may want to include the Secrets to getting those best upclose and friendly photos. If you can post a few examples and tell us the Secrets to getting the good bar shots done. Ring the bell for please. Thanks and tell us what you got and how well it does for you.

Looking forward to spending time with friends again and missing Thailand

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• altec123

• Laawman

• Slapman

• rakirun

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last 2 times I was in LOS I had a Fuji S3500 with me. Decent camera with some good features. I had a problem that I would actually try and use some of those features instead of leaving well enough alone when I was drinking though.

I'm not taking that one this time as I want something smaller that I can fit in a pocket so I went out before Christmas and purchased a A510 buy sticking with fuji all of my camera toys still work with this camera and they use the same memory cards so I still have over 1gb of memory to take with me.

Well believe it or not I'm completly average when it comes to photos! Yes I take care in what I do, think about how the photo will look etc. Not just point &

shoot! But I'm not in the class of esteemed board members sa-teef & globetrotter

The camera I used last trip took some ideal great photos l

The camera used was a 650 easyshare by kodak under

post-3-1168654235_thumb.jpg

post-3-1168654250_thumb.jpg

Last trip i had a casio exs600, this camera is ultra slim , easy to use, relatively durable , large screen, fast ( dont have to wait a second between shots) . It also takes amazing closeup video considering its compact size . The batterie last a long time as well, usually 200 + pics on a single charge . I picked it up at Costco for about 200cad . Unfortunatly i got drunk here whilst out on the town and seemed to have misplaced it :Raspberry6: .

I will definetly have a replacement in hand before my return to patts , probably the exs770 , its basicly the same camera just a bigger screen and more megapixels

ex_s770sr_large.jpg

181_Casio_exs600.jpg

Edited by dudebrah

i use the sony DCCW7, excellent photos but i have heard the T-10 is better, and it's slimmer.cant seem to find any photos at minute, but some are dotted in threads, looking for thai smile thread has mine in it.

i use hitachi DVD camera for the videos, i want a sony HD cam though and am thinking about purchasing one out there.

Edited by tomski808

im taking

Panasonic dmc-fz7

extra battery and loads of memory

sony handycam 30gb hard drive for bedroom fun

wifes taking my old

samsung digimax a7

SUFFOLK COUPLE

still in business in pattaya

but not a bar

I take a Canon SD630 when I'm walking around . It's a multi feature, pocketsize camera that I've had good results with. For in room shots I use a Canon 20D SLR which I am not totally qualified to put to it's best use. I tried to add a couple of pics but could'nt. I'll work on that later. It can't be that hard.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Canon Digital Rebel XTi. Fully compatible with all the EOS lenses, great for point-and-shoot as well as more advanced functions. Very rugged, good waranty.

11534-13115.jpg

Evil

:Evil_Grin:

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

I use the Canon Digital Rebel XTi. Fully compatible with all the EOS lenses, great for point-and-shoot as well as more advanced functions. Very rugged, good waranty.

DRebel XTi is a heck of a camera, I've got one (and have had an original DRebel for about 3 years before that) but have never wanted to take a camera that bulky to Thailand when traveling on my own and NOT primarily there for the sightseeing :001_Sawasdee: as I figured it was a bigger theft risk than something pocketable and would likely intimidate the puying rather more. Debating bringing the DRebel this time as at least I'd just be losing the spare.

I'm very fond of my smaller camera (Canon S60) which has gotten some very good results and cost all of about $250 which is what one lens costs for the SLRs.

The camera I use is a Fuji F30. I'll post a couple pix from it when I announce tomorrow's Mad Hatter's Party at TQ2 in just a moment.

New to this forum so still searching for the right section to make a party announcement ...

The Fuji takes excellent pictures in low lighting conditions and is a breeze to use. All the menus are very intuitive and you can be taking great pix with it within seconds of putting in the battery and memory card. To take truly fantastic pix under conditions will take some practise and knowledge of the camera (still working on this) but the learning curve shouldn't be too bad at all.

I bought a Canon Elixim 7.2 megapixel digicam about 12 months ago and I love it! Point/shoot and forget! Best camera I've ever owned.

Are things like digital cameras cheaper to buy in Thailand than in the USA? I have one that's too big too travel, I need to buy a small camera that takes good quality pics for my trip. Just wondering if I might be better off buying it in Bangkok...

Hey bro for a small camera i'd definitely go for a Fuji F30 or F20. Best pictures in those low light situations if you know what i mean. If you don't mind a bigger camera go grab a

Nikon D40, the kit lens that comes with it is awesome.

If you need more advice one settings let me know, as i run a chain of camera store.

Uos

Hey thanks for the tip on the F30 -- that camera gets killer reviews & not too expensive either.

Hey bro for a small camera i'd definitely go for a Fuji F30 or F20. Best pictures in those low light situations if you know what i mean. If you don't mind a bigger camera go grab a

Nikon D40, the kit lens that comes with it is awesome.

If you need more advice one settings let me know, as i run a chain of camera store.

Uos

Got a Sony T9,its small(carry it in my arse pocket) Got a 1gig memory card 16,000 e-mail standard pics.Cost £160 on amazon,does videio as well have'nt got round to that yet.Its pretty much idiot proof(it has to be :unsure: )

t9.jpg

sony_arm.jpg

30_dec_049.jpg

Edited by nariad

Hi Waiting for my new Camcorder to arrive hopfully Tuesday (fly out Saturday)

A Canon MVX460 http://tinyurl.com/2oul3o

Also looking to buy a slim camera.?

Cheers,

DIRTY

Click Here To Help Pattaya Orphans

jizzflicker "I just wanna fill a wheel barrow up with jizz and tip it all over her head, while her sister spanks her with a dildo"

Bryan "What Colours your Dog"

LaaMok "I was bored once and had time to waste. i decided to try and unload without touching myself or rubbing, i think about 4 hours later, the yogurt truck crashed."

Olympus FE100

Cheap, small and 4 mega pixel.

Here is an example

Couldn't attach a picture oh well.

I use a Canon Power Shot S2 IS. It has a 12x optical zoom and can be fully automatic or use manual settings.It has many filter options. It is very easy to use. Got almost 500 shots with a 1gb card. :Best_Wishes:

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

• 2 months later...

I take my SD300, the main reason I chose that camera for purchase is the physical size of the camera. It's not one of the best of digital cams IMHO but it's ok. :)

My two cents having just returned a couple of weeks ago.

I brought along my Canon EOS 30D with 18-200mm lens. Way to heavy and cumberson to carry around and go to bars with.

The best camera to bring is a Canon Elph type. Takes great pictures, slips into a securable pocket, weighs a few ounces. You will take tons of great pictures.

I am a semi-serious photographer and found the digital SLR to be a pain in the arse when bar hopping.

Next time I borrow the ex-wife's or daughter's or buy my own ($250 to $300 for a nice one).

It's important to remember it really isn't megapixels that count,

it is the quality of the processor in the camera. I'd look for a bridge

camera if I was a newbie. This is a DSL-like camera, excellent for

simple snapshots but providing for growth if taking ice shots is your

thing. Be sure to buy one with image stabilzation; that helps loads.

The only disadvantage is these are not pocket size cameras. If you need

something that small, there are too many cameras to mention.

Also, go to a store and see how the camera feels in your hand. Try to get

the store clerk to allow you to take a few pictures with it, or untether it so

you can move around with it. Feel is very important.

Examples of bridge cameras: The Canon S3 IS, the Panasonic DMC-FZ8,

the Olympus sp-550 UZ, the Sony DSC-H5 and a few more to be sure.

Here are a few websites that may help:

http://www.megapixel.net

http://www.steves-digicams.com

http://www.imaging-resource.com

http://www.dpreview.com

http://www.dcresource.com

Good Luck.

Edited by The Mook

Cowards die many times before their deaths;

The valiant never taste of death but once.

William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar", Act II Scene 2

Found the Canon A550 to be a good mix. Easy and light enought to carry anywhere, yet with enough features to allow you to get creative for those more lucid moments. It's what works for me. Cheers T

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually used to sell cameras back when I was in UK a few years ago but digital has advanced so fast I have lost track of whats going on in the compact camera market.

I would like some recommendations for a small point and shoot that takes decent video and uses li ion batteries.

I will be brining my canon dslr with my beautiful L series lenses but I am not gonna take that out on the piss. It is strictly for daytime and in room ( pics of lovely ladies ) use.

So what would you guys recommend??