• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Newton

• barney

• Esco

• plahgat

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still rate Patong very highly. Was my first foray to LOS and it blew me away. Always has a special spot for me and I will always make an effort to get there when in LOS. Can't comment on "it's not as good as it used to be", it is what it is.

Hi Pulse23

Did you go to Patong? what did you think?

thinking of going for 3 or 4 days in august, C&N hotel looks nice,

beach looks nice, what did you think about prices, any different than Pattaya?

cheers

Sean

My gf wants to go to Phuket when I come around September and last night she informs me that the beach at Patong is dirty now and she wants to stay on Karon Beach. Anybody know what kind of action is down there that I might be able to check out?

I`ve never been down to Phuket before. I only know Patong Beach from videos, parts of movies and tv documentaries about the place. It looks a great place and if my ex Thai gf wasn`t too afraid to go(due to the Tsunami), I would have been there already. It looks like a great place to be with stunning beaches and a gorgeous ocean.

Cheers,

Adrie.

I really liked Patong! I have a friend there who owns a tattoo shop and I plan on heading there in a couple weeks to get some work done before spending a little time in Pattaya. I'd like to get a SCUBA certification, does anyone know the best place to do that in Thailand?

I spend about 2-3 months each year at Patong and 1+ at Pattaya. No comparison with the beach. Patong actualy has one, Pattaya's is just an edge separating the poluted water from the road.

Party animals , if they are cheap charlies, will enjoy Pattaya better as the cost of playing is less. If you are really cost governed, as one other addict stated "go to Cambodia". Good and bad girls either place.

I believe Patong has better restaraunts and more casual bars. Having said that Pattaya wins in the sheer volume of bars and pussy available. Girls at Patong seem to prefer the GFE scenario.

In summary I beleive if you have the money, and are looking for a good all round holiday covering P4P, diving, water sports, good beaches, good food and GFE then Patong is the go. But I still spend some time at Pattaya each year to live the "Disney Land for Adults" experience. Its wild !!!

Just my thoughts

always use a taxi - easy to have one more beer - more fun in back seat

• 3 weeks later...

I guess it comes down to the individual. Pattaya is obviously more of a man's town built primarily for sex tourism. Where as Patong is more of a holiday destination for all types (couples, families, sex tourists etc.). Patong is a lot cleaner/beautiful too. Please bare in mind I have limited experience in both places, I've only been to Patong twice (6 weeks in total) and Pattaya once (a few days).

Pattaya is just too over the top for me. I love the bar girls, but I like to mix things up and still do touristy things. So Patong caters for me better in that regard. There's by no means a shortage of bar girls in Patong - I'm relatively picky and I have no troubles finding a nice girl every night! Obviously there's more girls in Pattaya, but you can only go to so many places when you're over there for a couple of weeks (which is how long I usually go for).

I guess my first two trips to Thailand were in Phuket so that's where my most fondest memories are. I'll never forget walking down this ally way with a couple of mates soon after we arrived at the hotel. Girls just came streaming from every angle... we had never experienced this before. We felt like celebrities! We named that street the "gauntlet" - we had to struggle to get to the other end! we then went on to find there was plenty more "gauntlets" around Patong!

And yes, I completely agree with the evil looks you get from farang tourists in Patong. I remember walking around with a Thai lady in Patong and so many farang girls gave me evil looks... usually the fat farangs. It doesn't worry me in the slightest though, I'm too busy laughing at them and feeling sorry for their husbands! :unsure:

bangla.jpg

Edited by another_addict

Of course if you are going there only for partying pattaya is better. But Phuket has many things to offer. The beaches are just awesom, dont stay only in Patong, which is probably the worst beach of the island, but of course still better than Pattaya's. Rent a motorbike and ride troughout the island, you will see so many nice things.

Regarding the prices, I dont think Phuket is much more expensive. Of course if you go to tourrists places it is, but you can find really cheap places! Only thing i found more expensive in Phuket is the hotels!

I love both places anyway!

:unsure:

I love pattaya in fact maybe i dont love it but i,m addicted, i just love the pussy. I think pattaya is a shit hole but has so many girls, Patong is a nicer place but no where near as much pussy as pattaya. I think the girls can be a little less battle hardened in Patong beach.

can someone give me any idea what airlines service Phuket and how much I am likely to pay for a return for two from BKK?

Air asia fly from survanhumbi

Nok air fly from don muang

ONE 2 GO also from don muang

In december i was paying less than 1000 baht with ONE 2 GO about £15 each way but after december they all seem to be around 2000 baht including taxes £30 but one 2 go still usually the cheapest option.

I,m an aircraft engineer by trade and i must admit feel safer flying with the other 2 airlines.

I always find it quicker to fly from don muang, airports a shit hole but no way near as much air traffic causing

delays.

All the airlines have web sites and i have purchased tickets through all many time in the past without problem.

i have never booked return but i guess you would be looking at around 6-8000 for 2 return. The prices seem to very quite alot depening on time of day and day of the week.

hope i have been of help

Edited by lbfmlover

Just checked the Bangkok air site, its Febuary I want to travel..over 16,000 baht for two people return when taxes insurance and fuel surcharge as been added

Stay in Patong...much better at night! You can then get a tuk tuk for about 300bt each way or rent a scooter and go to Karon Beach, or in the other direction, and infinitely better in my opinion is Kamala Beach again 300bt each way in tuk tuk (but be sure you're competent if you rent a bike as it's a hilly, twisty drive). If you go to the north end of Kamala (away from the hotels) it's really quiet and there's a nice little bar/restaurant.

I'm also going there for end of Sept/ beginning of Oct............let's both hope it ain't raining too much!

[

I absolutely love Pattaya, I love Phuket too, they are different sure Phuket is clearly more expensive (but no bar has ever charged B1000 BF, thats a lie) .

Have to disagree. I know a guy that runs a bar in the Tiger complex, and he pays the girls a decent salary to dance on the bar. He charges 1000 baht barfine before 1 a.m. it's less after, not sure but I think 600 - he needs to, to cover his costs, if the girls leave early they aren't bringing in punters and he has already paid their wages for the night!

Best hotels? Anybody?

If you want cheap and near the nightlife try C&N hotel, on Rat-u-Thit Rd, near end of Soi Bangla.

700 baht out of season if I remember correctly, and clean and tidy too.

I really liked Patong! I have a friend there who owns a tattoo shop and I plan on heading there in a couple weeks to get some work done before spending a little time in Pattaya. I'd like to get a SCUBA certification, does anyone know the best place to do that in Thailand?

From what I'm told - Koh Tao.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was in Patong in 1996 :P

Does the "Rock Hard cafe A Go Go & cafe" still exists, and is Big Bill still alive? Very big fat man.

I liked Patong for the clean beach at the time and drove around the whole ille.

You also had playschool,....

Some girls knew i rented a jeep and when they finished work i had do drive them home, did not have any problem with that and got some nice GF experiences for free. Ok the next day we went to eat and drove around and ofcourse i paid everything which was not a lot at the time.

I was in patong in 1996 :Bravo1:

Does the "Rock Hard cafe A Go Go & cafe" still exists, and is Big Bill still alive? Very big fat man.

I liked patong for the clean beach at the time and drove around the whole ille.

You also had playschool,....

Some girls knew i rented a jeep and when they finished work i had do drive them home, did not have any problem with that and got some nice GF experiences for free. Ok the next day we went to eat and drove around and ofcourse i paid everything which was not a lot at the time.

I've been to Patong last summer.

Rock City still exists, they even opened a new one near the beach road. I was there as I like rock music, there was a good band but they only play punk.

Playschool a go go is still there on soi sea dragon, I had some bad drunk experiences in that place. :D

Edit:

I read your post again, but I not know about Rock Hard cafe A go go....

Edited by Calibl

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the longrunning RockHard is still there up on second floor at the corner of Soi Bangla and Rat-Uthit RD opposite the boxing stadium.

They had a refurbishment inside last year, stage was moved from the wall to the center of the room and is in two parts, making place for more sitting customers.

They still play some good old Rock'n Roll! :P

Big Bill has retired but is still around, he's a member of Phuket-Info.com Board under the name "The Wizard".

The other big GoGo Bar "Dragon Club" has been closed though and turned into a disco "Hollywood".

Girls from there now works in Rockhard or the newly opened "Roxy" next door!

RockHard.jpg

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

• 3 weeks later...
can someone give me any idea what airlines service Phuket and how much I am likely to pay for a return for two from BKK?

i know of Thai Air , Air Asia , 1 to go,

Air Asia is about the cheapest , not sure of todays prices as last time i flew it was 2 yrs back, just look at their website -

http://www.airasia.com/site/au/en/home.jsp

cheers Gary