IGNORED

Patong Beach

Braveheart

I had a great time in both. Pattaya is more party. you can have a great time in Phukett and enjoy the island and the beach

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Newton

• barney

• Esco

• Senju

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a Number for a taxi , I use her Every time , She will pick you up from the Airport or take you there , She Knows all the places to get Rooms at what ever price you want , If you want it mesage me,

Ps Air fare was about 3000baht last year, One to go was grounded so dont know how much now, I think Air Asia flys but they are expencive

Edited by friendlyric6411

what is the "going rate" for girls in Phuket? Stayed in Pattaya a long time and just wondered if pricing wise the same or is it more down there?

• 3 weeks later...

If it's of any interest you can fly direct from Pattaya (u-tapao) to Phuket using Bangkok air - about 2000/2500bt one way incl taxes.

Not the cheapest option but saves mucking around heading back to Bkk if you're in Pattaya.

I've done this a couple of times now and it's a nice airline for internal flights.

Also I love both Pattaya (back again end of March) and Phuket, but Patts is definitely best for pure mongering, whilst Patong is great for a beach holiday whilst grabbing some tail to take to Phi Phi/Krabi for a few days horizontal exercise.

The Girls in Patong/ Phuket are not as good looking to me , The Drinks are expencive in the clubs anywere up to 300baht for a chang, I have a Good taxi Number if ant one wants it ,You can be picked up from the airport , and taken where you want to Go, The taxi Driver has avery good knoledge of Patong and Phuket. I prefer pattaya .

• 2 weeks later...
The Girls in Patong/ Phuket are not as good looking to me , The Drinks are expencive in the clubs anywere up to 300baht for a chang, I have a Good taxi Number if ant one wants it ,You can be picked up from the airport , and taken where you want to Go, The taxi Driver has avery good knoledge of Patong and Phuket. I prefer pattaya .

might take you up on that offer mate been looking to stay there for 2 wks in may.

Enjoy life,its too short not to.

• 4 weeks later...
Ps Air fare was about 3000baht last year, One to go was grounded so dont know how much now, I think Air Asia flys but they are expencive

Air Asia is the cheapest, R/T under 2000 bht. Friendly stewardesses, too.

GB060072.JPG

We always stay at the Novotel Patong beach, it's on the hill to the left looking out to the ocean. They remember us from each visit. We love the place that much my wife actually cries when we leave !!

An overbuilding of hotels, and lesser tourist crowds this year has seen the prices decrease since last year!

You can find small hotels and guesthouses from about 500 baht and up with aircon and usual amenities including free Wireless Internet in rooms!

Lots of these in Soi Nanai, behind the Banzhaan freshmarket and JungCeylon Shopping Mall about 10-15 minutes walk from Soi Bangla and the Nightlife.

A little closer even, there are also a bunch of guesthouses and small hotels on Soi Saen Sabai for under 1000 baht a night in Low Season, just minutes walk from the Soi Bangla Nightlife!

Another bunch of cheap guesthouses and small hotels can be found in the small soi (Soi Lamai) opposite "Christin's Massage".

So if you don't care to stay near the beach or wants a swimming pool there are lots of cheap options!

Patong is that small that you can easily walk to the beach.

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

• 2 weeks later...

I like Phuket but liked it more 6 or 7 years ago. I think it's over priced now and has lost some of it's charm. Also every shuts pretty early now in the evenings. The one plus with Phuket is that if you get outside of Patong there are some beautiful beaches and places to see.

Last summer I spent two weeks in Patong. My cab driver took me to a tour/hotel booking shop and I ended up at Than Thip Villa for about 1200 baht/night. Awesome big room with a large LCD TV, real nice pool, and wireless internet in the lobby. It was actually nicer than what I needed. When I wanted to extend my stay the price jumped to 2000/night at the desk!! As I was leaving, an Aussie tourist overheard my chat with the desk clerk and told me he was paying 800 baht/night for the same room by using Agoda. I whipped out the laptop and booked another week, 800 baht/night.

Always check Agoda first. They consistantly have the best deals, from my experience.

"Hard work never killed anybody......but why take a chance??"

I have a slightly off topic question. Does anyone know if the Hilton Phuket Arcadia on Karon Beach is guest friendly? Would appreciate advice from any BM with experience staying there.

Thinking of going to Patong for a change from Bkk and Pattaya.

It seems that drink prices and bar fines are more expensive than Bkk/Patts, but ST/LT prices are lower (along with the quaity).

Is this a fair assessment?

During May, hotels seem very cheap too.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Thinking of going to Patong for a change from Bkk and Pattaya.

It seems that drink prices and bar fines are more expensive than Bkk/Patts, but ST/LT prices are lower (along with the quaity).

Is this a fair assessment?

During May, hotels seem very cheap too.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi!

Just left Patong after a 23 days stay.

Girls definately more expensive in Patong than Pattaya!

I only took GoGo girls, but ST was 2000 baht and LT 3-4000 baht!

Barfines in GoGos 600 baht.

Beerbars charge barfines from 300 for normal girl up to 1000 baht for coyotee dancers!

Beerbar girls working the busy sidesois in Soi Bangla will ask for 1000-1500 ST and 2-3000 baht LT!

Drinks prices for softdrinks 100-120 baht in GoGos, except for some of the ripoff pingpong showbars in Soi Sea Dragon

that charges 4-500 baht for a first drink if you go with a tout, always look at the menu-prices before ordering a drink!

Small hotels and guesthouses are plenty and very cheap right now some advertising rooms from 499 baht per night.

Plahgat

Edited by plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

1000 Bath should be ok. Any hotel you would like to recommend ?

If you walk through the shopping centure , At the back you will get rooms or hotel for 500/800 baht in June July.

I'd like to get to know Phuket & Patong better from an expats point of view.

As a tourist I have to say I prefer Pattaya for eating, drinking & mongering.

Can't stand the taxi mafia in Phuket anyway.

But for the beaches, and beautiful Phang Nga Bay, Phuket is well worth visiting.

Oh Yeah! The taxi mafia! Now I remember trying to get a reasonable price from a taxi driver from the Karabi airport! Wow, they definately have the administration in their back pocket. Way too much money and no options but to take them. I walked about a kilometer before giving up and coming back to take the bandito's taxi.

And Hungry for More!!!!

looking foreword to visiting there during my trip this July :GoldenSmile1: