Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Patong Beach

Braveheart

Patong Beach (Thai หาดป่าตอง) is a beach on Phuket's west coast, and to the town adjoining it. It is the main tourist resort in Phuket. It also contains an important centre of Phuket's nightlife and is the centre of cheap shopping on the island. The beach became popular with western tourists, especially Europeans, in the late 1980s. Numerous large hotels and chain hotels are located in Patong.

Patong Beach is more famous for its nightlife than the 2-kilometer beach that runs the entire length of Patong Town

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Newton

• barney

• Esco

• Senju

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Best hotels? Anybody?

I like Summer Breeze on Soi Sansabai - small friendly place on a relatively quiet road a short walk to Bangla, of course guest friendly.

"Life is hard; its harder if you're stupid" - EC

Best hotels? Anybody?

Adaman hotel at Patong Beach. Right on the beach in the centre of town and with great views from bed room balcony. Not cheap but very upmarket. Well trained staff profesional service and excellent food. We stayed there 2005 for 5 nights and was a real treat.

I will look for a web site for you to view the hotel.

Patong is done in my opinion. Last night they MIB closed all bars at 2 AM! Really bad for tourism...

Have been there a couple of times before and always loved it though. Its much quieter than Pattaya though.

Patong is done in my opinion. Last night they MIB closed all bars at 2 AM! Really bad for tourism...

Have been there a couple of times before and always loved it though. Its much quieter than Pattaya though.

I hated Bangla rd. Pattaya has it beat every way, can't really go into detail in this section.

I'd like to get to know Phuket & Patong better from an expats point of view.

As a tourist I have to say I prefer Pattaya for eating, drinking & mongering.

Can't stand the taxi mafia in Phuket anyway.

But for the beaches, and beautiful Phang Nga Bay, Phuket is well worth visiting.

I live in Phuket so maybe I'm prejudiced. I don't live in Patong any more but still go over probably 5 nights a week to party. Of course, when I really want to party I come to Pattaya, but that's another story. Phuket is still (mostly) clean and green with great diving, beautiful beaches etc. I may move to Pattaya eventually, but for now I'd rather save it for a holiday destination and continue to live in the beautiful South.

Phuket has indeed beautiful beaches etc. Its nightlife is just poor compared to Pattaya imo. I've seen the same beautiful beaches in Langawi and Penang (Malaysia) as well. Doesn't make up for the lack of action at night for me anymore. I'll be returning their for sure, but not for no more than a couple of days ...

I like Pattaya, but I prefer Patong.

:Best_Wishes:

May you be in heaven half an hour before the Devil knows you're dead!

• 5 months later...

well Iam moving to Phuket, I think its a beautiful place.. I havent beent to pattaya yet, but I will make a trip there in sept or oct.. Ive spent 6 months in Phuket thou :)

The Difference between a Western women and a Thai Women

you say. “Can I buy you a cup of coffee?†sounds to a western woman something like “How about a threesome with you and your sister?â€

Where as in Thailand, if you ask a woman “How about a threesome with you and your sister?†her probable response will be “Sure but can you buy us a cup of coffee first?â€

The only thing better about Pattaya is that it has more girls but not really better girls, other than that its a shithole of a place to live in-u can find stunnas and uglies in Patts and Phuket.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

• 3 months later...

Oh yes!

May you be in heaven half an hour before the Devil knows you're dead!

Phuket has indeed beautiful beaches etc. Its nightlife is just poor compared to Pattaya imo. I've seen the same beautiful beaches in Langawi and Penang (Malaysia) as well. Doesn't make up for the lack of action at night for me anymore. I'll be returning their for sure, but not for no more than a couple of days ...

Yeah I agree the redlight is nowhere near the size of pattaya, but the beaches are by far better then pattaya and you cant compare it to Malayasia, Since Malayasia's nightlife is nothing near the same as Patongs... in reality its got the best of both worlds, its got the beautiful beaches and bitches (haha)

If all you want to do is monger then pattaya is the place to be (dont get me wrong i LOVE pattaya and plan on doing MANY trips there as possible), but if you want beautiful beaches AND you want to monger then Patong is perfect.

The Difference between a Western women and a Thai Women

you say. “Can I buy you a cup of coffee?†sounds to a western woman something like “How about a threesome with you and your sister?â€

Where as in Thailand, if you ask a woman “How about a threesome with you and your sister?†her probable response will be “Sure but can you buy us a cup of coffee first?â€

I went to Patong for a fortnight and I must say, after the first week I was bored off my tits. Other than a couple of bars on Bangla, Soi Eric, Soi Lion and the Tiger disco, the place was shit. We went to some disco called Foundations or something like that, its facing the Pizza shop in Bangla, we were having a little kiss and the bouncer came up shouting "no sex in disco!! no sex in disco!!" we weren't really doing fuck all, lady told me not same same pattaya haha how true.

I wouldn't recommend Patong for the older mongers with the pretty little girls as the looks you get from many many many stuck up farangs are... well... not very nice. Everybar we went too we seen the farangs stare and stare at the guy who was just trying to enjoy himself. Also Soi Lion, 69 bar, barfines 1000k baht then up to lady how much for long time, fuck that. I am glad i brought mine with me.

Other than the beach Phuket has not much else to offer, even the go karts were shite and the jet ski's double price for 20minutes.

Patong was the first place i went to in thailand on my way to london from aus in 2005 .Have been back every six months and have friends there that own bars there so i go back and catch up with them but since going to pattaya i have shortened my stay there and spend more time in pattaya now.I agree with what has been said Patong has nice beaches and a not so bad night life but being such a tourist spot now the girls ask grazy prices for st and Lt and it can get boring during the day if your there to monger and have been there many times as you have done most of what is on offer during the day .

• 1 month later...
I wouldn't recommend Patong for the older mongers with the pretty little girls as the looks you get from many many many stuck up farangs are... well... not very nice. Everybar we went too we seen the farangs stare and stare at the guy who was just trying to enjoy himself. Also Soi Lion, 69 bar, barfines 1000k baht then up to lady how much for long time, fuck that. I am glad i brought mine with me.

I live in Phuket, no-one has ever charged B1000 for a bar fine, repeat ever. Maybe you look like a proper mug though?

You brought your lady with you??? So how exactly did your visit benefit our lovely island, did you buy cans of Chang at the 7-11 perhaps?

I absolutely love Pattaya, I love Phuket too, they are different sure Phuket is clearly more expensive (but no bar has ever charged B1000 BF, thats a lie) .

To compare their relative merits on price alone is an admission that you are probably a 'balloon chaser' and a little myopic.

Try Cambodia, its real cheap there.

I live in Phuket, no-one has ever charged B1000 for a bar fine, repeat ever. Maybe you look like a proper mug though?

You brought your lady with you??? So how exactly did your visit benefit our lovely island, did you buy cans of Chang at the 7-11 perhaps?

I absolutely love Pattaya, I love Phuket too, they are different sure Phuket is clearly more expensive (but no bar has ever charged B1000 BF, thats a lie) .

To compare their relative merits on price alone is an admission that you are probably a 'balloon chaser' and a little myopic.

Try Cambodia, its real cheap there.

Bollocks! The price differential is enough to rate Phuket inferior to Pattaya on many grounds.

I've was there last time with my GF as well so no talk about the barfine in my case.

hotels are way more expensive for crap facilities, drinks are priced way too high and the

amount of drunk newbies giving 100 baht tips and ringing bells non-stop is just ridiculous

E

The price of a tuk tuk is the worst rip off in Patong.

hotel prices are also at tourist beach rates similar to Phi Phi and Krabi

Nice beach shame about the prices

"Women are like elephants. I like to look at 'em, but I wouldn't want to own one."

W. C. Fields

truly how can you compare Patong and pattaya ???

not the sames beaches, not the same area of bar .......

I am going to pattaya end of feb and after 6 days ( nights ) I fly to Phuket to have soma "rest"

I'd like to get to know Phuket & Patong better from an expats point of view.

As a tourist I have to say I prefer Pattaya for eating, drinking & mongering.

Can't stand the taxi mafia in Phuket anyway.

But for the beaches, and beautiful Phang Nga Bay, Phuket is well worth visiting.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Spent 3 months in Patong .. I loved it. I'll check out Pattaya on my next trip so I'll be able to compare the two. Just based on conversations I had there, It seems like the universal opinion of Pattaya is that it's good for nothing more than mongering. I was told that Phuket offers more variety but I'll judge for myself when I go..

• 2 weeks later...

"MIB"?? What does that mean?

Yea, I was in Patong for 3 months but came home in December (whoa, it's been a while and im still depressed). Anyway, while I was there the beer bars would close at around 2am and the nightclubs would stay open until around 3-4am .. at which point, if you still wanted to party.. you could head over to safari (afterhrs. club). Only went there once though. I'd usually just go to Diddi's resteraunt then an internet cafe on Nanai rd. where a lot of bar girls went after work.

A little off topic but speaking of the internet cafe, one night there was this ladyboy stripping in there (it was kinda a party scene sometimes) and I was chatting to a buddy here in Canada on MSN. I threw on the webcam and got the ladyboy to come over and give him a little show ..

He was all onto it (typing dirty messages and whatnot) ....

At which point, "she" leaned over and wrote "I AM MAN" ...

I've never seen anyone end a convo. and log off so fast .. haha

I wonder what he was doing while he was watching the show .. :D