• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luv2Phuket

• The Viking

• chivas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great for the price, though don't expect them to act ANYTHING like the girls in Pattaya.

Flown with them twice - a return long-haul flight to Bangkok. For sure, beautiful stewardesses but what struck me was the service. On a less than full flight, soon as the doors closed, the stewardesses moved people around to give everyone on board more space to have a much more comfortable flight. Never seen that before and it was much appreciated!! The seats were comfortable, tasty food, the entertainment system was good and the flight looked relatively new too. So, thumbs up all around from me.

Edited by occasionalpunter

WELCOME TO THAILAND: "People don’t want to be millionaires — they want to experience what they believe only millions can buy."

Flown with them twice - a return long-haul flight to Bangkok. For sure, beautiful stewardesses but what struck me was the service. On a less than full flight, soon as the doors closed, the stewardesses moved people around to give everyone on board more space to have a much more comfortable flight. Never seen that before and it was much appreciated!! The seats were comfortable, tasty food, the entertainment system was good and the flight looked relatively new too. So, thumbs up all around from me.

I have also used Thai Air twice and it was just as you described.

Plus YES the food was great.

Going from Los Angles Calif to Bangkok nonstop only took about 16 hours.

have also flown with them twice, but not recently.

main thing i remember was practically empty flight and more leg room than almost any other airline i can think of.

4148884281_ef7a937bfd_o.png

it's an absolute groovy thing to fly thai airways. flown them both in los and intern'l. very good, very good indeed. i've done both bus class and encon. very good service.

star alliance as well so you get the bonus miles if you're tied into that.

cheers

bert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

Don't understand airline loyalty . I've been with Thai before but can't say any better or or worse than any other . Generally airline food's poor but all do well considering minimal space they have .

In my opinion, their service is pretty good. They do not have first class in flights to/from the USA, but that's only an issue to those using frequent flier miles or those with a LOT more money than me.

I am in LA, and they have the only non-stop to BKK (which, as I posted in another thread, is the 3rd longest scheduled flight time globally for a non-stop flight), so I have used them up to now. I'm becoming a miles whore, though, and have been emphasizing American Airlines, so Cathay Pacific, connecting through Hong Kong, looks like it will be my route/airline of choice after my next two trips (unless I stumble onto a way to REALLY ramp up my United miles).

I cashed in 130,000 Continental miles for a RT business class ("Royal Silk") ticket in November. I have decided that using double the miles for business class is a better option than cashing in at a lower rate for a coach/economy class ticket. For the flights that I am on, economy tickets were selling for around $1,400 and premium economy was around $1700, but the business class seat I got with miles was selling for right at $5,000.

Based upon my experience with them, if I was buying a ticket, I would ALWAYS pay the couple of hundred dollars more and move up from economy to premium economy. I'm a big guy, and those few extra inches make all the difference.

Ok either your all delusional or I got on the wrong plane :)

I flew thai air twice and it was shit. Plane was old and the in flight entertainment is one screen at the top of the plane. No choice of movie and bog standard food.

Now only fly Etihad which puts Thai air to shame

i like thai air

i fly out of sydney and its a 9 hour flight

700 aud to upgrade to buissnes class bloody beautiful

I flew with them from narita to bangkok my last 2 trips. Yes the flight was less than half full and it was better now that they are using the 777 instead of the old 747. The only problem I had with them as they do not like to give miles out to other Star alliance partners and I did not gethe miles that i would have if I had went with United. But they did arrive earlier.

The best thing for me about Thai is the flight times, arriving early morning and departing late at night maximises my short holidays in LOS. The planes that fly from the UK are being upgraded at the moment , so the entertainment on offer in Economy is poor currently. Service and food are both good .I usually travel business, so I now tend to fly with Eva £1485 compared to around £2,000 with Thai, both non-stop services.

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

I flew thai air twice and it was shit. Plane was old and the in flight entertainment is one screen at the top of the plane. No choice of movie and bog standard food.

Have to agree with this comment. EVA much better and generally cheaper too

Now only fly Etihad which puts Thai air to shame

Where are you flying from mate (and how long ago), maybe they haven't upgraded the planes on your route yet?

All Airbuses flying out of Perth (300's or 330's), seat back DVD screens with a choice of something like 60 movies. First thing you get after take off (apart from the obligatory peanuts and water) is the menu (and this is economy I'm talking about). Choice of main courses for breakfast, lunch, dinner, all pretty good for airplane food. Drinks trolley circulates (and it's free), blankets, slippers and eye shades available on request. Smiling service, and as commented by others, when the flight isn't full they offer everyone a chance to spread out around the plane.

Unless you can score an 'internet special' deal, Thai does come in more expensive overall than the budget airlines, but I'd rather pay the extra few hundred and fly Thai, knowing my flight will leave on time, the service will be good, and I'll arrive relatively sane - though I know some folks will think I'm nuts for wasting money on a seat on a flying busbiggrin.gif.

Of the major carriers out of Perth (non-budget), Thai consistently seems to give better prices too.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

The only direct flight from Oslo,Norway. Until Norwegian launches their option in 2013 maybe, depends on the the delivery of the new Boeing airplane.

So for now Thai is the best option from Norway for me. It`s a bit more expensive but it saves me a stop over.

Thai Air was outstanding economy class on the 3 trips I took Sydney-BKK.

Great service and comfortable, definitely recommend them.

Have to agree with this comment. EVA much better and generally cheaper too

Thai Air is ok. They did have a 30kg luggage limit instead of the standard 20kg but not sure if this is still the case.

I am an Eva Air man all the way these days.

I have used them out of Heathrow for the last 4 years and they have been seamless every time, 8 trips and counting.

That combined with the best price you can find for a direct flight means there is only one winner....except no substitute!

Thai Air is ok. They did have a 30kg luggage limit instead of the standard 20kg but not sure if this is still the case.

I am an Eva Air man all the way these days.

I have used them out of Heathrow for the last 4 years and they have been seamless every time, 8 trips and counting.

That combined with the best price you can find for a direct flight means there is only one winner....except no substitute!

Have to agree. From the UK at least, they use old 747s which are absolute shite compared to EVA's planes. Add in the £200-£300 that you save and it's no contest whatsoever.

Edited by BaldPlumber

Have to agree. From the UK at least, they use old 747s which are absolute shite compared to EVA's planes. Add in the £200-£300 that you save and it's no contest whatsoever.

When I flew with Eva there was a bloody great box under the seat in front of me so I had to squeeze my feet in each side of it. These boxes were located on alternate aisle seats the length of the plane. The grub was not a touch on that of Thai Airways and there was not even the usual salt and pepper sachets with you meals. The hostesses were a glum looking mob and not so friendly or willing to bring round the drinks as the Thai staff.

Because Thai are expensive you get less passengers so you get more space to sprawl out and sleep. Most airline movies are not much good anyway but I take the night flights and a sleeping pill, the grub, wine and brandy knocks me out for a few hours so I'm not bothered about IFE.

When you board the plane all the staff give you a big smile, a wai and wish you Sawadi Ka and you are reminded that you will soon be in Pattaya.

I flew Thai from Oslo Norway - BKK my last trip. Your own DVD screen with some 60 movies, you get a menu with 2 choices of both breakfast and dinner, Staff very friendly and smiling. Drinks for free, and relatively good space for your legs/feet. I'DD fly with them again next time, no doubt.

Have been flying TG numerous times. From Copenhagen they are still using their oldest 747s but it still works fine and service is very good- but it would be nice to have your personal entertainment system. All in all i do like flying Thai - smooth as silk :rolleyes:

Everyone has the right to my opinion

great food and drink lon to bkk.but very old 747s,they need to renew to a380s soon,but will still use them,direct is best in my opion.

I always fly with thai airways because the flight hours are optimized (departure 21h30 paris, arrival 14h20 bangkok / departure 12h20 bangkok 19h30 paris)

I like the sexy thai lady and singha beer directly in the plane, I know i'm headed to paradise

the flight in itself is hell though because I'm fat but I can endure and the hostess try to optimize the passengers placement if there are empty seats

it's also the only no stop flight available from paris (and air france which I avoid)

Edited by djako

Sounds like most people love Thai Airways.

I have flown with 3 different companies to Thailand in the last year and I would have to say that Thai Airways was by far the best.

Great Thai Food to get you in the mood.

Hot and friendly Air hostesses.

On Board entertainment on back of chair.

Awesome arrival and departure times.

Everything was a smooth as silk!

Only thing I can complain about is on the way home the hot hostess was replaced with an aging ladyboy...

It made my depressing flight home even more depressing.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand