Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai airways your experience

seme

Im flying out next week, first time with thai airways. Ive flown to BKK with 2 other airlines before and have always had my own screen for movies, music ect. I dont really care about the food so much as its airline food and it is what it is. The entertainment is much more important to me, i need my own screen as i cant seat pn a flight for 11 and half hours with a book. Im actually gonna check the thai airway website after reading this just to see what plane they are using for flying out of london. I kinda just guessed that everyone having there own screen was standard for long flights :(

Keep it creammy !!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luv2Phuket

• The Viking

• chivas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have flown Thai Airways a few times...only locally though (Bangkok-Phuket).

The staff was nice and the food was pretty good. Some of the flight attendants

were good looking (nothing to run home and tell momma about though)!

Overall....I give them kudos!!

Seats are decent size on London route but Business Traveller indicates that when 747's retroffited that economy's coming down to 31" from 34" now.

This is article, but it seems to say economy seats stay at 34"

Lets hope no big IFE boxes under the seats.

Thai Airways has taken delivery of its first retrofitted B747 aircraft, featuring new economy seats equipped with on-demand inflight entertainment. The carrier will refit a further 11 jumbos by 2013.

The first refitted B747-400 will serve the Bangkok-Frankfurt route, with another five aircraft due to be retrofitted by during 2011-2012, and a further six during 2012-2013.

The carrier has already started to retrofit its A330 aircraft (see online news March 28). On the B747 aircraft the new economy seat will offer a seat pitch of 34 inches, with a width of 18 inches.

All passengers throughout the aircraft will also benefit from a new AVOD inflight entertainment system, with 100 movies, 150 TV choices, 500 music albums and 17 music channels.

Im flying out next week, first time with thai airways. Ive flown to BKK with 2 other airlines before and have always had my own screen for movies, music ect. I dont really care about the food so much as its airline food and it is what it is. The entertainment is much more important to me, i need my own screen as i cant seat pn a flight for 11 and half hours with a book. Im actually gonna check the thai airway website after reading this just to see what plane they are using for flying out of london. I kinda just guessed that everyone having there own screen was standard for long flights :(

take your laptop on plane as there is no back of seat tv out of london or return.

I have flown Thai internationally and domestic from chang mai. domestic they were crap. But internationally my preffered always a smile when i want a drink no problem good movies and enterainment.

My worse Emirates to get a drink they made me feel like i was doing them a favour, they spilt a drink over me thought it was funny no help was offered to clean it up.

Jet Star international pretty good service was good never a problem but had to pay for everything meals, enterainment and blanket only thing that was free was the tiolet paper but service wise as good as thai

Always fly Thai business out of Dubai, only once been put on the POS 747. Service is great and flight times are best for me.

I have been flying with Thai for nearly 17 years so i am big fan in general.

Direct from London is great & 2 flights per day with super flight times.

A very good Loyalty scheme for FF.

Economy seats have been the largest for years with loads of pitch & leg room.

Great food & service also.

Not cheap compared to some but its direct & very good IMO.

:001_Sawasdee:

Must admit the air stewardess were beautiful on my flight , food was pretty good too and very attentive staff (if u wanted an extra beer u could deffo hav one)GiveBeer1.gif

Good if your on night flight and looking 4 some sleep - otherwise !!Good_Night.gif

Qatar / Emirates / Etihad hard to beat especially for inflight entertainment (very modern aircraft - emirates A380 - Whoo what a plane!!)

Guess it all depends on where your flying from and how may flights U wanna take to get to LOSGrinNod1.gif

I have tried Thai and Eva air and Thai but can Honestly say say Eva air is much better ie constant waitress service and lots to do on plane

Yep, so i checked out the site and im really not looking forward to my flight knowing the no personnal tv will be there. I should have gone with Eithad as they are the best and there flighs were just over £100 cheaper than the onei booked with Thai. :( Its not even the way there, it more on the way home when all you want to do is get home and into bed, the thought of seating on a plane for 12 hours with nothing to do but get think about how shitty its gonna be when you get back home :( At least other airlines with personall tv's youve something to do to keep your mind busy, keeping out the thoughts that, every minute you sit on that plane, your getting futher away from the place you wonna be :(

Keep it creammy !!!

Yep, so i checked out the site and im really not looking forward to my flight knowing the no personnal tv will be there. I should have gone with Eithad as they are the best and there flighs were just over £100 cheaper than the onei booked with Thai. :( Its not even the way there, it more on the way home when all you want to do is get home and into bed, the thought of seating on a plane for 12 hours with nothing to do but get think about how shitty its gonna be when you get back home :( At least other airlines with personall tv's youve something to do to keep your mind busy, keeping out the thoughts that, every minute you sit on that plane, your getting futher away from the place you wonna be :(

If you're really desperate, you could buy a portable DVD player for around $50-55 (1500-1650 baht) and bring some of your favorite movies along. Not the greatest alternative, but it will pass the time and it's "up to you" what movies to bring, how many, etc. You can even snag some DVDs in Pattaya for your trip home for next to nothing - think I paid something like 100 baht per movie for 3 (although I am making no representations re potential copyright restrictions, etc.)

I always travel with my laptop computer and some DVDs (as well as my iPod), so I am never without some form of entertainment, regardless of what the plane offers.

One thing I HIGHLY recommend are noise-reducing headphones. I bought a cheap pair, and they make a HUGE difference in audio quality while flying.

I'v flown Emirates and Eva, mostly Eva in the past and been happy with both.

However i plan to go with Thai late October only because i like the time of return flight 00.15 hrs...

I have always had a return flight at 13.35 hrs and i just fancy having a relaxing last day in los.

So, instead of taxi at 09.00 hrs I can relax until say 20.30 hrs.

Also i anticipate getting some kip as it's a night flight...

Anyone got experience of BOTH flight times ? if so do you prefer night flight ?

• 2 weeks later...

Thai check in at Heathrow was quite a long process, Thai check in at Bangkok was a dream with lots of check in desks. Flown Thai long haul(economy) six times when I couldn't get an Eva flight. Eva is always my first choice and for my money wins hands down compared to Thai. The Thai planes and trolley dollies seem a fair bit older than Eva and Emirates. Thai business class was excellent and on a par with Emirates. Business is the way to travel if funds allow. Unfortunately these past 2 years I haven't found Thai Air very competitive on price. Watch out for low season sales.

I fly about 4 times a year and always use Eva - The lack of entertainment on Thai on the old 747s is just too much for 12 hours.

Don't like stop overs so no Emirates etc

And now I have silver status on Eva so at least get 30kg luggage

Great thread, thanks to the OP for starting this.

I'm planning my trip now and have the choice between Qatar and Thai airways. These are the only two non-stop choices i have.

Any experiences with Qatar?

Great thread, thanks to the OP for starting this.

I'm planning my trip now and have the choice between Qatar and Thai airways. These are the only two non-stop choices i have.

Any experiences with Qatar?

Where are you flying out from? Qatar isn't non-stop Oslo - Bangkok.

Flying out from Gardermoen, Norway. I guess i have been a bit to quick when researching flights. At least Qatar is not to bad concerning flight-time (relatively), so it's still a viable option for me. Prices go up and down but generally there's not a big difference between the two. Do you have any recommendations other than Thai Air?

Flying out from Gardermoen, Norway. I guess i have been a bit to quick when researching flights. At least Qatar is not to bad concerning flight-time (relatively), so it's still a viable option for me. Prices go up and down but generally there's not a big difference between the two. Do you have any recommendations other than Thai Air?

Always funny to write to a fellow Norwegian in English.. Lol...

I tried to search Qatar for my next trip, found a ticket for 5000 (Non changeable), but with a travel time of a total of 35 hours it's not a viable option for me. I guess If I take one of the more expensive trips I will be able to cut that down but I'm guessing I will be at Thai Airways prices again. And IMO, nothing can compare with Thai when flying out of Norway. You could also see if there are any last minute tickets with f.ex. Ving to Phuket and fly from there, but they are not really that cheap and I believe (without experiencing it) guess that it's better space and such in the Thai Air plane.

My boss often uses Finair, and claims they are OK. I also think you can take a flight connecting in Austria with Austrian (?) Air.

Another option is Air Berlin, I flew with them last time. Terrible!

I'm seriously thinking about booking Thai Airways through Kilroy, it's not that cheap but I need a ticket with the option of changing it as I'm kind of unaware of how long I will stay next time. Thinking about staying till the money runs out.

I work for an airline in the US and Thai air has much better service then any we offer. More room in the seats nicer flight attendants, and better food and service. I have flown them from Tokyo to BKK and back and the only plane that was old was a 747. They are getting new planes now so that will change.

Flown Thai both long and short haul, economy and business and haven't really noticed any difference in room. Believe Thai use the standard 17" width and 31-33" pitch on economy like almost every carrier. use. Service is the absolutely best with Thai and I would choose them anytime over other companies if price is accepeable

Have only used Thai Airlines twice. Both times were 1st Class round trip from Dubai to BKK. It was only 862 USD and fantastic food and service. Due to my location in the US, I actually fly Cathay Pacific out of Vancouver, Canada when going to Thailand from home. CP is also very good. I must confess though that Thai pussy is not my only reason for loving Thailand. I am just a man born in the wrong part of the world and can not wait until retirement to change that!!! I find that "Eastern" cultures provide much better service than "Western" cultures.

I fly from US into Narita and from there to BKK and I've flown Thai Airways (Coach) on all trips except this last May and like others have said the food was pretty good, whatever I was drinking the cup stayed full and the leg room was above average. This last trip I flew United (Business First) in BKK and it was awesome. But yeah for the money Thai Airways is perfect.

"Picky girls, don't get picked... simple as that."“It's a funny feeling being taken under the wing of a dragon, it's warmer than you'd thinkâ€

Just read online that Thai is scheduled to start using 777-300ER aircraft on it's BKK-Munich flights on December 1.

Based on the info I saw, the planes should be fantastic, especially in business and first class.

Edited by footypjman

I flew Thai from BKK to NRT last Friday. On the ground experience was absolutely brilliant. At check in they sat me down in a nice comfy chair, gave me a bottle of water and a wet towel and took my passport. Two minutes later they came back with boarding cards and had filled in my departure card for me. Walked me through private security and immigration. Put me and my luggage into a buggy and drove me to the lounge. Put me in a nice private room with a flat screen TV. 10 minutes from walking in the airport to the lounge. Kept bringing me glasses of champagne and trying to feed me.

Come flight time, they put me in another buggy and drove me to my gate. Last person to board, settled into my suite (1A) and 30 seconds later the door closed and we are on our way. Pretty stewardess kept my glass of Dom full. I also liked the door on my private suite. Food was probably a notch below JAL, ANA and CX, but still quite good.

I quite enjoyed my flight. Not sure how anyone can complain about Thai.