IGNORED

Thai airways your experience

seme

On Board entertainment on back of chair.

Thats the part i miss in the old 747s they use BKK-CPH

Awesome arrival and departure times. -AGREED

Only thing I can complain about is on the way home the hot hostess was replaced with an aging ladyboy...

Thats the part i hope never to experience :25:

Everyone has the right to my opinion

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luv2Phuket

• The Viking

• chivas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually as far as i remember Thai Airways was voted 3rd best airline of the year. Qatar airways came 1st followed by Singapore Airlines.

Correct me if i am wrong...

Thai all the way for me. Planes are old, BUT, best leg room of any airline and NO underseat IFE boxes so you can really stretch out. I never watch films, as I sleep / listen to ipod so non existant IFE not an issue. The Thai food is usually very good, very helpful girls and usually spare seats. Times are good from LHR to maximise bar time on arrival.

You can also book your seat when you buy your ticket so you know exactly where you will be on the plane. This is a big big plus point for me, as I hate being stuck in the back or in a crap seat.

And they fly direct from LHR which I prefer. I'm happy to pay a little more for all of this.

I have heard good things about Eva, but never had a reason to change from Thai yet, but they are next on my list if Thai go downhill.

I like a lot of the other big airlines mentioned, but would always go direct if there is a good option.

Actually as far as i remember Thai Airways was voted 3rd best airline of the year. Qatar airways came 1st followed by Singapore Airlines.

Correct me if i am wrong...

The list that I saw had them 5th - Qatar, Singapore, Asiana, Cathay Pacific, then Thai. Still, that's a great rating!

My brother is in the International air travel business, and he has told me how great Siungapore and Cathay Pacific are.

I read a trip report on a travel blog, and the guy said he was on a 777 from BKK to Paris route. Based on photos, that flight had amazing first class "suites"

The list that I saw had them 5th - Qatar, Singapore, Asiana, Cathay Pacific, then Thai. Still, that's a great rating!

My brother is in the International air travel business, and he has told me how great Siungapore and Cathay Pacific are.

I read a trip report on a travel blog, and the guy said he was on a 777 from BKK to Paris route. Based on photos, that flight had amazing first class "suites"

I stand corrected. Thank you - and as you write it is still a great rating

Sounds like most people love Thai Airways.

I have flown with 3 different companies to Thailand in the last year and I would have to say that Thai Airways was by far the best.

Great Thai Food to get you in the mood.

Hot and friendly Air hostesses.

On Board entertainment on back of chair.

Awesome arrival and departure times.

Everything was a smooth as silk!

Only thing I can complain about is on the way home the hot hostess was replaced with an aging ladyboy...

It made my depressing flight home even more depressing.

I have flown with them twice and also know a few guys that fly with them also and none of us ever in 4 years have ever had a screen in the seat in front of us.Always one big screen at the top of the plane.

You must have the luck of the Irish...Oh wait I am Irish, dammit :)

Flew with them once on my 1st trip.the plane was an old 747.Ok for me as I like my sleep,

just grabbed a few drinks & shuteye.

The service was fine,& I like the idea of going direct.

I'm going with Air France next (my 2nd trip), & they use Airbus + 777, puportedly ran by Thai Airways

for the second leg.

When checking TA flights out I noticed they operate 777s on numerous routes; it looks like the UK

service is waiting for an upgrade.

gbsmiley

I only use them as a last resort, most of my flights are within S.E. Asia, Australia and to Japan and their planes, although new, have never had personal in-flight entertainment which is pathetic given this is the norm for most other airlines. You only have to read the Bangkok Post to see that Thai Airways knows they are falling fast behind the minimum standard on the level of their in-flight products and are moving to correct this but the time to revamp their fleet is something like 5 - 10 years.

Fly Singapore, great service from the time you book to when you get off the plane.

I flew my son here on Thai Airlines. He said he liked it, but doesn't have much to compare. The best part about Thai Airways is the direct flight from L.A. to Bangkok.

Ok either your all delusional or I got on the wrong plane :)

I flew thai air twice and it was shit. Plane was old and the in flight entertainment is one screen at the top of the plane. No choice of movie and bog standard food.

Now only fly Etihad which puts Thai air to shame

Pretty much agree-as someone who doesn't sleep on flights a half decent AVOD system is a must.

Seats are decent size on London route but Business Traveller indicates that when 747's retroffited that economy's coming down to 31" from 34" now.

I flew with them last Xmas . Plane was fully booked and they maintained an efficient freindly service . Good staff to customer ratio as on several interactions never felt rushed . Food was all good. Choice of movies was very good . No problem recommending Thai airways .

I flew with them last Xmas . Plane was fully booked and they maintained an efficient freindly service . Good staff to customer ratio as on several interactions never felt rushed . Food was all good. Choice of movies was very good . No problem recommending Thai airways .

Yes but what routing are you on ??

Only fly Thai now. Coming from the US - LA to Bkk it's the only nonstop .

Usually fly upgraded economy or business. Get into BKK at 6:30 in the am, have a full day than depart at 7:20pm get most of the day than.

Service is great, food is good. Hot looking staff.

Flown Cathay and Eva before and they don't compare. Might be different for others depending on where your flying from.

Well i have flown thai airways quite a few times now and is good value and thats all i expect 11.20 mins direct to land of smiles no hanging about in transfer, foods ok ,and good legroom and good safe aircraft and prices do vary so be careful who you book with :D

I have flew Thai airlines twice and loved it both times, as a few other people said the plane is never full and you can pick up a full isle row seat to sleep if you like.

O

my next trip to thailand aug23 had choice thai airways or eva lon/bangers thai £625 or eva £610 choosed eva why?

EVA better newer planes and your own choice of movie

Yes but what routing are you on ??

Toronto to Hong Kong to Bangkok

I have tried thai from Copenhagen to Bangkok around 7 times I think. The 747´s are indeed old and dated. No screen on the back of the chairs and an old tv system thats barely watchable. The service is great though and seats a little wider than on other planes. They are always the cheapest when im going there in june/july. I really hope they will change airplanes soon, because its starting to show just how bad they are. But overall I thinks its

great value for my hard earned cash.

I haven't flown with them recently but when i did i thought it was an excellent service. Nice food (IMO) good entertainment & the seats were comfy. The price is the only downside (MEL-BKK) & its not a little difference either.

Absolutely true. I have done the same, flown in Business class via points and what incredible service. Well worth it, even if you have to purchase the ticket. The Thais provide excellent customer service throughout the process of boarding and during flight. Food was also very good. Highly recommend Thai Airlines.

In my opinion, their service is pretty good. They do not have first class in flights to/from the USA, but that's only an issue to those using frequent flier miles or those with a LOT more money than me.

I am in LA, and they have the only non-stop to BKK (which, as I posted in another thread, is the 3rd longest scheduled flight time globally for a non-stop flight), so I have used them up to now. I'm becoming a miles whore, though, and have been emphasizing American Airlines, so Cathay Pacific, connecting through Hong Kong, looks like it will be my route/airline of choice after my next two trips (unless I stumble onto a way to REALLY ramp up my United miles).

I cashed in 130,000 Continental miles for a RT business class ("Royal Silk") ticket in November. I have decided that using double the miles for business class is a better option than cashing in at a lower rate for a coach/economy class ticket. For the flights that I am on, economy tickets were selling for around $1,400 and premium economy was around $1700, but the business class seat I got with miles was selling for right at $5,000.

Based upon my experience with them, if I was buying a ticket, I would ALWAYS pay the couple of hundred dollars more and move up from economy to premium economy. I'm a big guy, and those few extra inches make all the difference.

Confucius Say:

Passionate kiss like spider's web, soon lead to undoing of fly.

I have tried thai from Copenhagen to Bangkok around 7 times I think. The 747´s are indeed old and dated. No screen on the back of the chairs and an old tv system thats barely watchable. The service is great though and seats a little wider than on other planes. They are always the cheapest when im going there in june/july. I really hope they will change airplanes soon, because its starting to show just how bad they are. But overall I thinks its

great value for my hard earned cash.

The 747 on that route is being retrofitted this/next year with new seating, AVOD systems etc.

The 747 on that route is being retrofitted this/next year with new seating, AVOD systems etc.

Yeah Ive just read about it. But I was kinda hoping they would choose to put in one of the new planes, that they have ordered . But I guess this will do . I hope the prices will be the same , or I am

seriously thinking about changing to SAS, who also fly direct from Cph/Bkk .

Edited by fondylius

What is this thread....?

Some sort of Thai Airways propaganda message...?

I dont know about from Aus or US to BKK,but from UK LHR EVA wins hands down no contest..

The prices are roughly the same or slightly cheaper on EVA (depending on the time of year and where you book)

Food is more or less the same,because out of LHR,Thai and EVA use the same catering companies..

But the in flight entertainment on EVA LHR-BKK is miles superior....

EVA has a personal entertainment system where you can listen to music or choose your own film and watch it on your own screen....

If you are flying Thai Air,make sure you bring a book 555

A good airline all round, many guys have said how nice the experience.

Thai Air 1.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Used them twice last year from Oslo even got upgraded to business class on one of the flights :-) This is my preferred airline and my next two trips this autumn/winter are already booked and paid for ;)