IGNORED

Thai airways your experience

seme

iIhave used thai airways to fly between sydney and bangkok more than 20 times , and several times withinh thailand eg , chaing rai , udon thani . I have never had an issue with the quailty of the food or service. I my flight have arrived on time .

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luv2Phuket

• The Viking

• chivas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have flown with Thai Airways 10 times and Eva Air 13 times because they fly Direct. I only fly direct as i take a sleeping tablet and sleep for 10 hours. Got good legroom in economy, free drinks, food is good. I always check on sky scanner to see which is cheaper and then pick the cheapest. I have paid £605 for December with Thai where Eva Air was £791.

Ok either your all delusional or I got on the wrong plane smile.gif

I flew thai air twice and it was shit. Plane was old and the in flight entertainment is one screen at the top of the plane. No choice of movie and bog standard food.

Now only fly Etihad which puts Thai air to shame

Agree 100% Used to use Thai due to the night flight home but changed to Eva due shite service. Coffee whizzed past me, rang the bell...nothing. Had to get up and ask and the food was crap too.

As for the 1970s standard in flight entertainment, the one time I watched a film some fat tosser with a massive head stood up just at the crucial finale!

Moved on to Jet Airways now as it's much cheaper and the food and alcohol servings are excellent

I have only flown Thai airways once London Heathrow to Bangkok return in December 2009 and it was not a comfortable experience. I think this was due to the 747 being old and not having the rear seat screen entertainment that is standard in the 777 which i now fly regularly with EVA. On my return journey the central screen was broken so no show and I had a couple of whinging cockneys sitting behind griping about the flight to each other. The cabin crew tried their best under the circumstances.

So its EVA everytime now from LHR to Bangkok.

You can log out anytime you like but you can never leave.

babydollsaddict.gif

Hi all,

I've flown with Thai Air a few times.

My only fault I've found, is the website freezes a fair bit during the purchase stage, and it puts that fear into you.

I fly out of Brisbane, Aus, and have to opportunity to fly with the cheaper no frills airline ( not sure if i can name them if I don't like them).

It's a 9 hour flight and the cheaper airlines are slowly bringing their prices up and if you want the added food or comfort service the price skyrockets.

I'm no Cheap charlie, but I like to save on certain things to spend more on the better.

I've quickly become aware that Thai Air is the only way to go. Hot stewardess' , good food and unlimited beer. I've walked off the plane a few times slightly grinning from the quiet ale or 10.

cheers

and no I don't work for them, but I do respect quality service.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I moved this topic as it should really be in the 'Transportation and Travel' section.

Cheers

HL

Used them for a flight to Austalia a few months ago .

The 2 hour trip to Kuala lumpur wasn't that great but the long 7 hour one to Brisbane was very good .

Lots of leg space , good chair and great food .

I am not the type of traveler that only flies with one airline and out of 11 trips I have flown Thai 3 times and to be honest it has been the best way of getting to Thailand from Perth, only airline that flies direct, new planes (Airbus 320), great in-flight entertainment, and it is nice to have a look at some Thai ladies before I get to LOS (even if they are untouchable).

The only issues are that I pick flights because of times of departure and arrival to LOS and Thai flight times aren't as good as Jetstars.

The food is okay as far as airline good goes and I have had no complaints about it.

They are very quick to stop serving you beer though (probably for all the right reasons but I can handle my beer and I never get aggressive), but as I was in the middle of the plane and there are 2 service areas I just went to the other service area and got some beers from there.

But all in all they are my preferred airline for the Perth to Swampy route

I regularly used Thai Airways until a few of years ago when their prices seemed to go sky high (pun not intended). Shopped around and found the direct flight to/from London with EVA cheaper. I prefer the service with Thai but it's not that much better than EVA so it's now the price that counts

Flown Thai out of Brisbane many times before and never had a bad experience. The best airline for alcohol and cabin staff and Royal Thai gives you 30kg luggage instead of 20kg. Tried the discount airlines but not worth what you save in the long run, SIA is just as good as Thai except the flight is 3 hours longer. Thai for me every time! :GoldenSmile1:

image.png

Thai is good, often a lot higher price than Jetstar, sometimes cheaper.

I have used Thai Air several times and have never had anything to complain about. If you like to enjoy some drinks while flying I will absolutely recommend Thai Air. If you don't get enough drinks from the service cart you can always visit the cabin crew behind the curtain and they will pour you whatever you want (better to go there yourself than press the "call button").

Needless to say that of course they will stop serving if you get too wasted. But behave nice and polite and for sure you will get all the drinks you want.

I have had too much luggage on several occasions as well but i have never paid anything.

If a girl catches you masturbating, you are a pervert. Yet if you catch a girl masturbating, you are a pervert too!!!

I love flying Thai Air cheap good sevice and best of all hot hostess, only problem i have with them is they keep cutting me off from the bar lol.

Edited by imtheman

Thai is best company imo, best food, biggest leg room, best service, most beautiful Thai girls.... don't miss entertainment sytem in frontseat, because I normally sleep for about 8 h on nonstop flights from Munich to BKK and back same same... :Flying: :Flying:

THAI flight cancellation

Thai Airways International regrets to announce that due to the current flood crisis in Thailand, the following flights will be cancelled.

TG916 (departing Bangkok at 1330 to London at 1935) and TG917 (departing London at 2135 to Bangkok at 1555 of the following day) on 15, 22, 23, 24, 29 and 30 November 2011.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. I f you need any further assistance concerning a cancellation, refund or re-booking of your reservation regarding these flights, please do not hesitate to contact your travel agent or our Reservations Office on 0844 561 0911.

For your information, Suvarnabhumi Airport is still operating as normal.

* This announcement is made on 10 November 2011.

<center><embed src="http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/2/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/&clickLABEL=Countdown Clock by Zoodu.com&flashLABEL=Zoodu.com - Pimp Your Profile!&skin=http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/2/skins/3d35.swf&text=LIFT%20OFF&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2011&month=11&day=7&hour=21&minute=25&second=0&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.zoodu.com/countdown-clock/">Countdown Clock by Zoodu.com</a></small></center>

Was not overly impressed.

Flight from London to BKK was ok - modern aircraft with seat back entertainment but on the way back no seat back entertainment due to the older aircraft (was not overly bothered as had popped a xanex anyway)

Not a patch on Malaysian, Singapore airlines but ahead of BA! (who isnt!)

I also had more leg room on my internal flight between BKK and Phuket than I did between London and BKK!

Trying Etihad Business class for upcoming trip.

Edited by Wooders

I used to be a Gold Card holder on their frequent flyer scheme which had it's benefits including a free 1st class return trip London-Bangkok-Manila in seat 1a. However it's a lot harder to get Gold Card status these days as most budget tickets don't count in their FF scheme.

For years they had the advantage over Eva on the London-BKK route, their seats had much more leg room (Eva used to be really cramped) but Eva seized the advantage when they re-equiped their fleet with more leg room and personal screens in economy class about 7 years ago.

I think that Thai are a decent enough airline although I'm not as loyal to them as I used to be. They have suffered on some routes because of their old fleet. I do feel that the service in economy is a bit 'blink and they're gone' these days. Back in the 80's when they flew London-Dehli-Bangkok it almost seemed as if they were trying to get you drunk the drinks came by so often.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

I'm flying out Thursday from lax hoping it's as good as everyone says

I am flying out of LAX on Dec 14th. Looks like we have an airbus A340-500 which should have decent entertainment and hopefully power at the seat. Ill let you guys know how it goes.

Check out www.seatguru.com -- you enter the airline and your flight number and it gives you a seat map, the specific measurements and pros/cons of all of the seats. A very valuable tool that I used to select the seats on my LAX-BKK non-stop this weekend on Thai.

Something that I was NOT aware of was the huge difference in size between the restrooms in Royal Silk and in economy class -- I'm curious to see if the map is accurate on that.

I have a bad feeling flying Royal Silk with miles is going to spoil me for any/all future flights!

, the stewardesses moved people around to give everyone on board more space to have a much more comfortable flight. Never seen that before a

Yes they do this and that how i have meet my (now ex-) Thai GF, on a Paris -Bangkok flight, they moved me next from her (she was alone with 3 seats) so we engaged the conversation...

She was coming back from holiday in Paris when i was starting mine to Thailand (Yes she the kind who dont need a sponsor and was paying herself is ticket to come see me in europe !).

Back to the main question i keep great memory of Thai airways and the on board service, but im not totaly sure to be objective about !

i generally fly thai or singapore, since im now flying thru perth for work i always fly thai airways due to the flight times but i cant say ive had too many leave on time, but other than that pretty happy with them, best ive had was 650 plus taxes (about 755)

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

• 3 weeks later...

Just used Thai for LHR-BKK return in Nov. Was on the retro-fitted 747's with IFE.....BUT....the damn hardware for it does indeed sit where your feet want to be. The new headrests with the stiff-flexi side's were good though. Service and food top notch as usual. Preferred it when they had no IFE and loads of legroom though.

Used them in November from Heathrow to BKK. It was an old 747 with no personal in flight entertainment, just the big screen at the front. The service was very good though plenty of drinks on offer and the food service was good. All in all it does what it says on the packet - it gets you there without a stopover for a good price. This time they threw in a free return internal Thai flight which was handy.

I do prefer the Arab airlines with Etihad being my personal favorite.