IGNORED

My Secrets Experience

Mr.DreamTransport

"I only own a small piece of Secrets' so I am totally impartial?"

Your point may or may not be valid but there is no way you

wouldn't be influenced by your ownership in that venture.

This thread is turning into a shit show.

Cowards die many times before their deaths;

The valiant never taste of death but once.

William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar", Act II Scene 2

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. This is no longer going anywhere. It was an honest experiance thread. Not a is it a hotel or bar/ or Pro versus con of the place. So again.. Lets get this thread back on track. With no more of the same.

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

That's the plan, isn't it.

Not from me Bassgod !

Looks guys.....everyone on here and on just about everyone on the Secrets forum agrees that Ack has had , to say the least , a very disappointing experience at Secret's. We all hope Ack gets a satisfactory response and resolution to this. So far we have only heard from Ack on this matter and whilst i don't dispute anything he has said it is only fair to let the owners respond at some point , which i am sure they will do , either privately to Ack or publicly on their forum.

Some BMs have used Ack's experience to make nothing more than snidey comments about the Secrets bar , hotel and/or owners which has prompted other BMs such as myself to respond. We do so not because we have an agenda but because we want to see fair play ....nothing more, nothing less.

If the bar or owners are in the wrong then so be it. I have no wish,and i don't believe any other BM from Secret's either, to see this thread either closed down or turned into a slanging match. What purpose would that serve....except to play into the hands of those , like Ned , who have , for whatever reason,an axe to grind against that forum and possibly bar and hotel as well.

Ned has been publicly told on here by at least two other Business operators (Mulphy and Rightsaid) ,who personally know him ,to basically grow up and get a life, yet he persists in his anti-Secrets rantings and looks to distort any response to suit his own ends. I don't know Ned and have nothing personally against him but have made my feelings about his actions on here and elsewhere plain. If you don't like a place then fine , don't go there. If you don't like a forum then fine don't go on there. I know several BMs on here and elsewhere who don't post on Secret's anymore for various reasons and i get on with them fine. But to rant on and on about a forum or bar or hotel you don't like some sort of rabid dog in nearly every thread on here , whilst openly plotting to sneak back onto a forum from which he publicly banned himself , does this forum and himself no favours whatsoever.

I like this forum because you are a friendly bunch of guys, have plenty of fun and amusing threads and genuinely wish you well. I have no axe to grind against any LOS forum and would openly oppose any attempts to sabotage any forum. I have not seen any anti-Addicts posts on any other forums and would oppose them if i did. I would urge you to keep to the spirit of this forum 'its nice to be nice' and tell those with hidden agendas to grow up and take their their plotting and snidey remarks elsewhere.

Mang..i am sorry if this is somewhat off topic again but some things need to be said.

Calm down dear...this is only the internet :)

"I only own a small piece of Secrets' so I am totally impartial?"

Your point may or may not be valid but there is no way you

wouldn't be influenced by your ownership in that venture.

This thread is turning into a shit show.

If you are going to quote me. Then quote me correctly. I was going to say something else but I have too much respect for this board and it's members.

Alf.

This started out as a hotel review... Let it stay as that...

murg

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

it was a paraphrase, but it certainly represents the essence of your post.

(It should not have been in quotes; my error. my apologies to the board)

I was going to say something but I have too much respect for the board...

it's so nice of you to take the high road; now that is bullspit. (edit in out at moddies' request)

moddies, please close this thread.

it was a paraphrase, but it certainly represents the essence of your post.

(It should not have been in quotes; my error. my apologies to the board)

I was going to say something but I have too much respect for the board...

it's so nice of you to take the high road; now that is a crock of shit.

this is my last comment regarding this issue

moddies, please close this thread.

See... Now are we still curious as to why the actual owners/operators of Secrets haven't openly responded to this "review"?

Alf is but a partial owner/investor, and even if he doesn't address the issues at hand but merely posts in the thread itself, he's jumped on by peeps like this and their comments like "it's so nice of you to take the high road; now that is a crock of shit."

Thank you, The Mook, for clearly demonstrating this for everyone.

*** If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ~Dalai Lama ***

I agree with Krowdon insomuchas valid issues seem to have been raised here...

Not the board wars... we're not partisan.... but where is the reply...

If the hotel owners posted an open reply to ack's report, then that would be an end of it... until then, and the issues that he raised are adressed, we will all wonder...

less board fighting, ( for we are not at war ), and more reasoned response to the origional issues would benefit us all...

Let's all try and keep an open mind...

Uncle Fluffy

( Murg)

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

I own shares in Cadbury's. That makes me a part owner but i am never called upon to make statements on their behalf ...nor sadly to partake in any quality control tasks for them :(

Alf has made it clear that he isn't involved in the day to day operation of the hotel and business so attacking him is ridiculous. It is well known who the active owners and managers of the hotel and bar are . I hope they respond to Ack's complaint and he gets a satisfactory closure to this matter.

Ack first made the complant on their forum 36 hours ago. Yes it would have been ideal if he had had an immediate response but i also think that they are , in fairness, entitled to a few days to respond, particulary if the people responsible for this are not presently online.

Calm down dear...this is only the internet :)

Mook. You have reported this thread. Now you come out & openly beg us to close it.

We don't want to close it. Why? Because of the reason this board was founded. The frank & fair exchange of information.

Other forum close threads when they get heated up. Be respectful. Don't use terms like "crock of shit" & if you don't like the content read something else.

Well I will add my two cents or baht. I have stayed at Secrets 3 times. I do think the drinks are too expensive but you are in a air con bar and can get good Tiger draught for 50 baht which does me fine.

I have only stayed in the top floor rooms and they are fine. Nice beds with good aircon. The staff are excellent they even used to change my towels for me twice a day if I asked and would clean my room at any time I wished.

I have stayed there for over 1 month in total and the internet was down 2 days out of that but that was down to TOT the internet provider which cannot be helped TIT. I would say the OP has been very unlucky but I would recommend Secrets to anyone.

I used to slate the place because of the 1000 baht BF but I still paid it when I say a girl I liked.

Now to the posters no more Secrets bashing for the sake of it. The OP give opinion based on his stay which seems to have not been great but I think he was just very unlucky. Have a nice day I am off to have sex.

O.K. moddies. It is your board and I wll comply. However,

it seems clear to me the issue would be put to rest if the

ownership of said establishment repsonded. But, it seems this

board is allowing them to operate by the following Hollywood

adage: "There's no such thing as bad press."

This is very disappointing. All I see is a Secrets' controlled (as in

"on the Secrets forum") type thread and its drama repeating itself

whenever anyone has a negative comment about the place.

Why operate under Secrets' rules by proxy? You have the same guys

that will always defend Secrets on their own board do the exact same

thing here. The person I criticized OWNS a piece of the place, for

Christ's sake.

PS. I edited my previous post at your request. I really could not

think of a more fitting expression and did not mean to expressly

forceful or disrespectful.

Why does everyone have their panties in a bunch? This is a review and the members here have the right to inform the board about their experiences in any hotel. For the people that Like Secrets look at SOS's post, he's a fan and his reply was reasonable. He didn't feel the need to call the OP's credibility into question or call what he wrote a "review", the implication of the quotes was out of line IMO. Can the Secrets haters and the Secrets zealots please get a hold of yourselves?

See... Now are we still curious as to why the actual owners/operators of Secrets haven't openly responded to this "review"?

Why does everyone have their panties in a bunch? This is a review and the members here have the right to inform the board about their experiences in any hotel. For the people that Like Secrets look at SOS's post, he's a fan and his reply was reasonable. He didn't feel the need to call the OP's credibility into question or call what he wrote a "review", the implication of the quotes was out of line IMO. Can the secrets haters and the secrets zealots please get a hold of yourselves?

Here's the same response I gave BassGod in a PM exchange...

It WAS a review, I'd agree, but that's not what it's become, is it? It's now a slag-fest filled with Secrets-Snipes from the Anti-Secrets crowd, using the "review thread" as an opportunity to post their feeble attempts at discrediting an establishment they apparently don't like. As I stated early on in that thread, I don't have a problem whatsoever with someone posting a negative review, about anywhere for that matter, and once the question was answered as to why he posted separate views on separate sites, then my curiosity was satisfied. The only reason I remain within now is to counter the twerps who think they can consistently jab at someone's business without accountability nor retaliation.

If someone doesn't like a place, fine, state your reasons why and move along. But, to continually nag and snipe against someone's livelihood out of some dysfunctional craving for attention or an intentional Desire to cause harm to that business, then all credibility of the original post of negativity is lost in the storm of hypocritical bias that follows thereafter.

I'm sorry if you feel I'm being obnoxiously smug by pointing out the obvious, but it wasn't I who began the quest to discredit Secrets. The fact of the matter is, quite bluntly, this review of this individual is pretty insignificant in the big picture, as it hasn't affected their booking rates at the hotel, nor their nightly income at the bar. It's one customer out of thousands who states his opinions based on the circumstances he claimed occurred. The absolute truth of everything, however, isn't revealed, as the Management has decided not to make it a slagging match by pointing out some discrepancies with his accusations. There's little point in providing the other side of the story, as it's simply not good business-sense to try and discredit a customer, former or not. I'm sure you wouldn't want your "dirty laundry" aired in public for all to see by any particular establishment. Besides, in a venue like this, if the Management WAS to defend themselves by revealing everything, do you honestly believe it would be taken as gospel and everyone involved would see both sides at last, making a better-informed decision of such; OR, would there be claims of the Secrets-Team fabricating evidence and being under-handed in it's rebuttal? We both know the answer to that question, without having to give it much thought. The ONLY answer the Anti-Secrets crowd is looking for is a formal apology from Secrets, perhaps with their head hung in shame, saying how sorry they were for all their mistakes; but in fact, that wasn't the case whatsoever.

So now, imagine yourself in that position, and remember it's about you making money as a business, not about satisfying the needs of your opponents, what would you do?

*** If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ~Dalai Lama ***

Lets get this thread back on track,and keep it simple.

Ack wrote a review about his experience at a certain hotel,good for him to warn others.

His complaints are:

He was openly lied to about his room.

He paid for a Pig at his party,which was not delivered,and no refund offered.

One girl he bar fined,did a runner before she made it to his room.

His banners and planning for his party were a joke.

It doesnt matter what hotel was involved,they stuffed up badly.

Ned

Lets get this thread back on track,and keep it simple.

Coming from you, this is near-hilarious, Ned. Thanks for the laugh!

Ack wrote a review about his experience at a certain hotel,good for him to warn others.

Reviews are warnings now? I'll have to look that up in the dictionary, but it's quite possible you're reading a bit much into this, or at least trying to get others to... Reviews are explanations of experiences, more easily stated. They can contain positive and negative comments, and offer the reader an opportunity to take the good with the bad and make a better informed decision ON THEIR OWN, based on what they believe or don't. They are not, nor should ever be intended to be, a blatant attempt (of the reviewer OR others who might make follow up responses) to discredit a business in the eyes of future/present/past customers, but rather just an opinion of one individual experience. Is that simple enough for you, Ned?

His complaints are:

He was openly lied to about his room.

The question raised here is: was he "openly lied to" about his room, or was a misunderstanding/mistake at hand here that wasn't corrected to the absolute satisfaction of the OP? I don't think there's any direct evidence that he was "openly lied to", so I guess that part is just insinuation on someone's part.

He paid for a Pig at his party,which was not delivered,and no refund offered.

Without going into detail, I'd have to say we've not seen any evidence that he requested a pig at his party. It therefore becomes a question of did he or didn't he, did they or did they not, and who did who didn't and why not, where, how, etc... So to flat out state, as if fact, he paid for a pig and it wasn't delivered and no refund was offered puts a lot of faith on one side without giving that same consideration of faith towards the other. Favoritism and prejudice seems to fit well here...

One girl he bar fined,did a runner before she made it to his room.

I do believe what happened was he bar fined a girl, and then left her himself, telling her to go to his room, yes? And he was surprised when he arrived back at the room and the little miss wasn't sitting there waiting for him? Well now, I don't need to point out the error here, do I?

His banners and planning for his party were a joke.

Mistakes were made in the banners; mistakes that were explained and apologized for. Should everyone involved now be hung by the balls for it? It was a party at a bar in Pattaya, Ned. No one was hurt, no children abused, no ever-lasting wounds that won't heal. Why make such a big deal about it?

It doesnt matter what hotel was involved,they stuffed up badly.

Ned

Oh, but it seems it DOES matter to YOU which hotel was involved. I don't see you going into all the other hotel reviews and spending days on end lurking in there awaiting every opportunity to insert your feeble little snipes against the buisness. No, it's only because this is a review of Secrets that you're here, and if anyone is daft enough to believe otherwise then yes they're exactly the crowd you need to keep as friends; as they're morons just like you.

Can't you guys just stop?

Apparently, Ned can't. And until he does, he'll get the same in return.

I have spoken to Secrets Management in PM, they do not wish to respond on this thread.

If you have access to their Board, there is a similar thread & similar attitude there, so we can safely safe Secrets have no wish to comment on this subject.

Since several of you can not play nice here and, are using this thread for your own agendas, i am closing it, a real shame that genuine constructive criticisim of what i regard as a good business, ends up in a mud fighting contest by others.

For the record, I have stayed, eaten, drunk & bar fined from there and never had a problem that couldn't be resolved with a word to the staff. Clearly Acakdemic's experience was not good at all and it shows that all business' need to understand their customers needs & ensure what is agreed is delivered.

Archived