IGNORED

My Secrets Experience

Mr.DreamTransport

This is a good honest reveiw from someone that undoubtably knows about the subject. I hope this reveiw stays up and doesn't just dissapear like another honest but unflatering account of Secrets written by jimmyyy a few weeks ago.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you're not concerned with what happened on another board, dare we ask why your name here is "The Deported One"? You've been "Deported" here at Addicts? OR, are not YOU the one carrying over some bit of that experience elsewhere to here, and then daring to have the audacity to put down someone else who remarks of experiences on another board? I suppose it's possible for an act to be more two-faced, but I fail to see how. And that's it! LOL :wacko:

Lighten up... It's just the internet after-all; right?

The name came as a joke from some of the members of Secrets at a party one night!! Being two faced you definitely need to look some where else like Secrets!!

I lost the Great Shopper "Joe"

The name came as a joke from some of the members of secrets at a party one night!! Being two faced you definitely need to look some where else like Secrets!!

Any of the members who has banned/deported from s*** board is should hang their head low in shame like I am. :rolleyes: With Krowdon surfing other boards to report to Honest Bent for damaged control, it's no wonder he didn't get his work done on time. I just realized why Krowdon do what he does. He's getting paid from S*** hotel and a nice bar. Yep, Bar is very nice. I been there. But one look into the matchbox rooms, I didn't feel like staying prison cell.

Ackademik1, thank you for your honest review. I don't blame you for not getting what you promised such as the room and roast pig at the party. Regarding girls, YMMV like with anything else dealing with TGs. You may be joining as one of us even you didn't criticized 10 star s*** hotel on their board because you did it here. Welcome to the Deported Club.

Assume you only live once and live to fullest.

Smully swearing is not allowed in this section because it's open to the public. Also even though I dislike the Secrets crew as much as you do your post is not in the nice to be nice spirit of the board. I'm only commenting because this a good bunch, for the most part, and I wouldn't want you to start on the wrong foot around here. I suggest you change your post before the thread gets closed.

It's good to see you posting here and I wish you'd keep it up.

Right from the get go I think there needs to be a distinction between the bar & the hotel.

In this particular case the dissatisfaction arose concerning the hotel.

This is a good honest reveiw from someone that undoubtably knows about the subject. I hope this reveiw stays up and doesn't just dissapear like another honest but unflatering account of secrets written by jimmyyy a few weeks ago.

on this board ? and it has disappeared? why?

Right from the get go I think there needs to be a distinction between the bar & the hotel.

In this particular case the dissatisfaction arose concerning the hotel.

I do beleive he had some issues with the party and the girls, That would be problems with the bar wouldn't it?

on this board ? and it has disappeared? why?

I PM'd a mod and never heard back and sent the OP a PM and them an email and never heard back from him about it either. I was following the thread because I thought it had a good lesson for newbies and it really should have been in the newbies section. I guess just me even mentioning it in a way suggests the worst but the truth is I don't know, maybe the OP requested it be taken down. Anyway this might be a good subject for a different thread, and it's my fault for mentioning it, but lets get this thread back on track. It's refreshing to finally get an unbiased reveiw from someone that knows the hospitality business.

I PM'd a mod and never heard back and sent the OP a PM and them an email and never heard back from him about it either. I was following the thread because I thought it had a good lesson for newbies and it really should have been in the newbies section. I guess just me even mentioning it in a way suggests the worst but the truth is I don't know, maybe the OP requested it be taken down.

Hi Bassgod, I was interested to see why this thread was closed down, so i found it and looked at the closing (moderators notes) The OP requested to get the topic deleted (made invisible). Although we dont like doing it, we have to respect the OP's decision.

Hi Bassgod, I was interested to see why this thread was closed down, so i found it and looked at the closing (moderators notes) The OP requested to get the topic deleted (made invisible). Although we dont like doing it, we have to respect the OP's decision.

I hoped that's what it was. It's too bad though because it was a good post with a good lesson. Thanks for clearing that up.

Hi Guys...

I closed the thread, and then re-opened it... as soon as the ackademic1 came back on line...

I did so for reasons that seemed good to me at the time... and the reasons had nothing to do with concealing an honest trip report.

In the absence of ack, ( laid up with a real lurgi ) I didn't want too many arguements breaking out about his motivation in posting his opinions.

as soon as he was back on line, I re-opened the thread.

It was never my intention to censor or conceal an honest review...

Just to ride herd on another potential outbreak of the board wars...

Murgatroyd

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

Thank you for the honest report. As a newbie myself, I just scratched Secrets off of my potential places to stay.

Excuses for the posting on the Web Site, are just that...excuses.

Ultimately, the business is responsible for updates on the site. If the graphic designer and the webmaster can't get their act together, it is up to the business to find someone that can.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but take solace in the fact that it has helped others.

Thank you for the honest report. As a newbie myself, I just scratched Secrets off of my potential places to stay.

Excuses for the posting on the Web Site, are just that...excuses.

Ultimately, the business is responsible for updates on the site. If the graphic designer and the webmaster can't get their act together, it is up to the business to find someone that can.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but take solace in the fact that it has helped others.

Its not Krowdon's fault. He is a good guy without a doubt. The problem wasn't with him, the problem was that the people who are the webmasters for the site, as well as the people responsible for what banners go up, did not bother contacting him with the corrections till the last minute. They had 4 months to give him the correct information, which they only bothered to do after I threatened to cancel the party and my stay at the hotel. I had complained to the owners of the bar about having the first party there in some time, and not being given the same respect that anyone who threw a party there got, a banner advertising the party. About 2 weeks before my arrival, they had posted about a party several months away with a banner, that was to be hosted by the bar itself. After seeing that, I told them that if they could not show me the same respect and give me my banner for a party which was actually being paid for by a customer than I would simply find another venue. After the threat of taking my business elsewhere, they then posted the banner immediately, but with the wrong information. Not the guy who designs the banners fault, just the people who arrange for them to be put up. Krowdon if I recall correctly, I have met, and he is a good guy. I would gladly drink with him anytime, but he is not at fault for any of the situations I ran into while there. At least not to my knowledge :001_Thank_You5: . Hence as well, why their was no banner in front of the club on that night, as they probably had one made that said happy birthday. No other club had that problem, even one I didn't get the chance to meet the staff at till the night of the party, specifically TQ2, had no problems getting the banner right and at very short notice. To me there are good people on all the boards, but there are some on certain ones I will no longer associate with.

Smully swearing is not allowed in this section because it's open to the public. Also even though I dislike the secrets crew as much as you do your post is not in the nice to be nice spirit of the board. I'm only commenting because this a good bunch, for the most part, and I wouldn't want you to start on the wrong foot around here. I suggest you change your post before the thread gets closed.

It's good to see you posting here and I wish you'd keep it up.

Thanks Bass and big thanks to Mod who edited my profanity. Bass I reckon you know me long enough that I rarely use profanity. But just having to read someone been taken advantage of made me angry. Anyhow, my apologies to the board and BMs for my use of profanity. I know there is no excuse for the ignorance of the rule and I'm truly sorry that I broke the rule.

Bass, I hope to be around and post more as I get more free time. :001_Thank_You5:

Assume you only live once and live to fullest.

Hi Guys...

I closed the thread, and then re-opened it... as soon as the ackademic1 came back on line...

I did so for reasons that seemed good to me at the time... and the reasons had nothing to do with concealing an honest trip report.

In the absence of ack, ( laid up with a real lurgi ) I didn't want too many arguements breaking out about his motivation in posting his opinions.

Murgatroyd

I think everyone understood that.

Bass, I hope to be around and post more as I get more free time. :D

sounds good

it's great to see all the reviews... good, bad, highly opinionated, or not, etc. Secrets is on my short list for my next adventure to LOS and the more info I get like this the better my overall trip will be because I will be making a more informed decision. I seek out all reviews before I make my final selection and without people posting the good and bad things no matter how big or small they are it just isnt possible to make the best selection. No matter which place I end up choosing I will probably swing by and check out the other 'finalists' to help make my next time even better. My first time was last November and I narrowed down my finalists to 3 places. I ended up staying at the Mind Resort (Soi 17 & 2nd Road) and after checking out the other places on my list found I made the right choice - for me. (This time I only checked out the others for location - didn't ask to see rooms or anything - but I will try to on this trip) I like to try out new things so unless a place really really really impresses me or I can't find anything equal to it I will probably stay at a different place each time. I will only travel to LOS once a year - maybe twice if I am lucky - so my options are open for quite some time. This time I want to be a bit closer to the action - and I spend most of my time on WS but I may venture futher north this time.

anyways... just saying to keep posting... the info and knowlege you have is soooo valuable and helpful in making sure we can all make the best decisions we can. Somethings need to be taken with a grain of salt but still the more info that can be found the better!

Did you get a refund for the food{Pig} that wasnt supplied?

Wow Ned ...someone called LKM asked the very same question in the same thread on the Secrets's board.

We know it couldn't possibly be you because , as you have previously stated on here, you voluntarily banned yourself from that board :D

And the award for this years' worst secret agent goes to ......... :Chokdee:

Calm down dear...this is only the internet :)

it's great to see all the reviews... good, bad, highly opinionated, or not, etc. Secrets is on my short list for my next adventure to LOS and the more info I get like this the better my overall trip will be because I will be making a more informed decision. I seek out all reviews before I make my final selection and without people posting the good and bad things no matter how big or small they are it just isnt possible to make the best selection. No matter which place I end up choosing I will probably swing by and check out the other 'finalists' to help make my next time even better. My first time was last November and I narrowed down my finalists to 3 places. I ended up staying at the Mind Resort (Soi 17 & 2nd Road) and after checking out the other places on my list found I made the right choice - for me. (This time I only checked out the others for location - didn't ask to see rooms or anything - but I will try to on this trip) I like to try out new things so unless a place really really really impresses me or I can't find anything equal to it I will probably stay at a different place each time. I will only travel to LOS once a year - maybe twice if I am lucky - so my options are open for quite some time. This time I want to be a bit closer to the action - and I spend most of my time on WS but I may venture futher north this time.

anyways... just saying to keep posting... the info and knowlege you have is soooo valuable and helpful in making sure we can all make the best decisions we can. Somethings need to be taken with a grain of salt but still the more info that can be found the better!

If you liked Mind Resort,then you should try Areca Lodge,same owners,but a better location.

Secrets is not in the class of Mind or Arcea,it really is just a few rooms above a bar,but that suits some punters.

Ned

Hi Guys...

Murgatroyd

I believe the question was why Jimmyyy's post was deleted. There really wasn't any question about why Ack1's post was closed.

With Krowdon surfing other boards to report to Honest Bent for damaged control, it's no wonder he didn't get his work done on time. I just realized why Krowdon do what he does. He's getting paid from S*** hotel and a nice bar. Yep, Bar is very nice. I been there. But one look into the matchbox rooms, I didn't feel like staying prison cell.

:GrinNod1: Sometimes you people can be just downright silly with your assumptions, I have to say. I would try and convince you otherwise, stating the truth that I don't do "damage control" for anyone, nor do I report back to anyone what I've read and/or posted, but it's almost more fun to watch folks like you assume otherwise. I suppose I'm a sucker for cheap entertainment, in that sense.

*** If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ~Dalai Lama ***

it's great to see all the reviews... good, bad, highly opinionated, or not, etc.

Bad reviews IMO give you a better Idea, if the guy is going off becuase Room Service finshes at 1.00am or they charge 200baht if you bring back more than 5 girls in one night or they only give you one bottle of water instead of two to brush your teeth with.

I can live with all of the above. The poster is such a fussy person and if thats all they can fualt then that review is very helpful.

I certainly wont be staying at or throwing a party at secrets anytime soon.

25,000 Baht for a party does seem a little steep, I thought 12,000 at FLB was alot. Is a Secrets party twice as good as an FLB party, or four times as good as a cherry bar party? I'm not slamming Secrets with this question since I've never been to a party there I don't know.

25,000 Baht for a party does seem a little steep, I thought 12,000 at FLB was alot. Is a Secrets party twice as good as an FLB party, or four times as good as a cherry bar party? I'm not slamming Secrets with this question since I've never been to a party there I don't know.

25K is a lot of baht for a party. Was emma the guest of honour?? :P

Seriously though...no wonder he was so pissed off. I hope you get the closure on this issue you are seeking Ack !

Calm down dear...this is only the internet :)

Nice post smb, well said. I bumped you to Trusted Member so now there is even more info available to you.

I disagree, do you know how hard it is to find an invisible pig ?

Archived