IGNORED

My Secrets Experience

Mr.DreamTransport

During my trip I had decided to stay at Secrets hotel, as well as host my first party there. They provided the airport pickup which was about the only good thing I have to talk about. The drive was fast, not crazy and got me to the hotel in one piece. After arrival, my room which I had booked 4 months in advance, I was finally given the key to. I had reserved a Superior room with the King size bed on the 2nd floor with a balcony. During all my emails confirming, and reconfirming, I was always told that all was good. When I get to the room, I noticed right away that the bed was barely even a Queen, and the room seemed much smaller than the pics I had seen. I went straight back down to the staff, including the hotel manager and told them about their mistake. I was informed that the style of room I had was in fact the same as requested, they had just taken the king size bed out, and no longer offered that in the rooms. I was not pleased with that, so they dropped the rate to that of one of the Deluxe rooms, basically 100Baht less. After talking to some inside sources I found out that they not only had the rooms with the king beds, but in fact there were never any on the 2nd floor. You would think that in all the time they had to make sure I had the room I wanted, someone might have let me in on this. But, the hotel manager tried to pass the buck, saying that the people handling the internet, and reservations didn't keep in communication with each other. That was problem number 1.

The party I decided to throw, I wanted to be an all out blowout. I paid for the full buffet as well as the pig roast. They neglected to remember the pig for the party, and along with that, were advertising the party as my birthday party, which had passed 2 months prior to my arrival. I had reminders on every forum as well as several emails into the "staff and owners" trying to get that changed to the correct name of the party. The day before the party the website corrected the banner, which after threats of taking the party elsewhere, they had finally put up on their board. The head staff there is completely unavailable to resolve any problems, and every person you talk to, tells you that you need to see someone else with your issues.

Finally, the night of my party I had taken 3 BF's. I chose one girl, and let her pick 2 of her friends as to make things more comfortable and hopefully get a little better response between the girls. I ended up taking 2 service girls and one coyotee. After going with the girls and some friends to a couple of bars, I sent the girls back to the hotel and told them I would meet them there soon. After a few hours I returned, one of the girls had left, so I got my BF back for her. I headed upstairs with my original choice and the coyotee, and was hoping for a nice 3some. The coyotee literally had the other girl waiting in the bathroom while I fucked her, as if she was shy or something, and forget even trying to get them to do anything together. After awhile the coyotee started to seem to have an attitude, so I asked her if there was a problem, and realized she wanted to switch to short time, as she either did not like the other girl, did not like me, or wanted to head to Insomnia hoping to grab another one for the night. I reluctantly sent her on her way and slammed the door on her way out. Needless to say, I did not BF from the bar again. Not to mention the damn ants if you leave any food or drinks out, but I only drank them once. Needless to say, I think the place is completely overrated, and a scam just hoping to get first timers in there. By the looks of the bar while I was there, I see their lifespan being somewhat short. So maybe I'll just keep my eye on them to see how much they sell the place for when they go under, to see about opening up a proper hotel and nightclub. I know every hotel has its problems, I'm the assistant GM of a hotel in Florida, so the way I got short-changed is no way to run a successful business.

Oh yeah almost forgot, they barely had the internet during my stay in the rooms, on the rare occasion when they did, it was down in the bar only, but at least the last 2 days of my stay I am happy to report the internet worked fine.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ack,

Did you get a refund for the food{Pig} that wasnt supplied?

Or did they pocket the difference?

Ned

Damn, sorry to hear about your bad experience Jason! Seems like everything took a crap on you there at once. Can't say that I've ever experienced anything like that in my stays there. Good meeting you though and I hope the rest of your trip was fun. What was your final girl count? You were in the mid 20's I think when we last talked.

And in the beginning, MAN created god.

Sorry to hear your not feeling well Sir! Thanks for the honest report Jason, damm and thats a lot to pay for that shit! did you ever get hot water?

I lost the Great Shopper "Joe"

Sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience at Secrets. You just can't please everyone, I suppose.

I am curious, however, as having read/seen a photo report of your experience there where you stated, and I quote, "As well had a fantastic time at Secrets."; I'm curious was there some reason you had a drastic change of heart? Not trying to slag on you or anything, it just seems on one hand you say something positive on one board, then on the other board you say something negative. It sort of questions the credibility of this all-together, if you see what I mean. --- I'm sure there's a logical explanation for it, however, so I thought I'd ask instead of everyone coming to their own conclusions instead...

*** If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ~Dalai Lama ***

Open and honest reviews are always appreciated,good or bad,thanks Ack.

Ned

Sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience at Secrets. You just can't please everyone, I suppose.

I am curious, however, as having read/seen a photo report of your experience there where you stated, and I quote, "As well had a fantastic time at Secrets."; I'm curious was there some reason you had a drastic change of heart? Not trying to slag on you or anything, it just seems on one hand you say something positive on one board, then on the other board you say something negative. It sort of questions the credibility of this all-together, if you see what I mean. --- I'm sure there's a logical explanation for it, however, so I thought I'd ask instead of everyone coming to their own conclusions instead...

Could it be possible that the whole experience was Photoshopped ? :D

Could it be possible that the whole experience was Photoshopped ? :D

Maybe this report is as well! :wub: Maybe it's not the real ackademik1! :o:):D:)

The question I asked wasn't in any way derogatory, inflammatory, nor even accusatory. It was simply a valid question to ask ackademik1 to explain his "change of heart". If someone has a problem with knowing the truth of things, I'm sorry, but I think it's only fair to all parties involved to hear the whole story, and not just tiny facets of it.

So what if it's negative? Not everyplace someone goes is always going to get a positive review; that's just a given. Personally, I don't like BMW cars, while others would swear by them as being extraordinary vehicles. Just because I were to post my dislike for them, due to my own experiences, would that invalidate other's opinions who disagreed, or would it lessen their value or the reality of how successful their sales are? (That was a rhetorical question, one that needs not answered by the intelligent ones who understand reality... Ned, you're free to answer, however. :D )

*** If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ~Dalai Lama ***

Nice to see you again, Ned. I do hope you're feeling better after the last thrashing I gave you. Please don't take it personally, as I'd happily cut down anyone for being a bitter little moronic simpleton who needlessly attempts to discredit others through feeble little twirp-snipes. I just don't want you to think it's all about you; you're far too insignificant to hold such stature. :o

Maybe this report is as well! :D Maybe it's not the real ackademik1! :wub::):D:)

The question I asked wasn't in any way derogatory, inflammatory, nor even accusatory. It was simply a valid question to ask ackademik1 to explain his "change of heart". If someone has a problem with knowing the truth of things, I'm sorry, but I think it's only fair to all parties involved to hear the whole story, and not just tiny facets of it.

So what if it's negative? Not everyplace someone goes is always going to get a positive review; that's just a given. Personally, I don't like BMW cars, while others would swear by them as being extraordinary vehicles. Just because I were to post my dislike for them, due to my own experiences, would that invalidate other's opinions who disagreed, or would it lessen their value or the reality of how successful their sales are? (That was a rhetorical question, one that needs not answered by the intelligent ones who understand reality... Ned, you're free to answer, however. :D )

Ack had 3 parties and a bar crawl while he was in town and it is well know around town he did not enjoy his experience there

Ack had 3 parties and a bar crawl while he was in town and it is well know around town he did not enjoy his experience there

And that's fine. I'm not saying everyone has to have a good time there, or anywhere for that matter. I'm just asking why he would post on one board that he had a fantastic time, then on another board post that it sucked. That's all. I don't think it's that difficult of a question, nor is it loaded.

And that's fine. I'm not saying everyone has to have a good time there, or anywhere for that matter. I'm just asking why he would post on one board that he had a fantastic time, then on another board post that it sucked. That's all. I don't think it's that difficult of a question, nor is it loaded.

I was there when he told mgc same he posted here

I think that ackademik1's Review is an honest and open post.

I don't think that anyone should be attacked for posting a negative review of a place that others may love, for only by criticism and fair appraisal can the quality of an experience be constantly improved.

There is also the potential for the board wars to re-ignite, as issues from other boards get dragged in here....

Guys, it was only a hotel review, not a declaration of war...

Lets not get all steamed up again

Murgatroyd

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

I was there when he told mgc same he posted here

That still doesn't answer the question at hand though, does it? What are we making a big deal out of here? It's just a simple question. Sure, he may not be available right now to answer it directly, but why is everyone jumping up to avoid that question?

Here are the facts as we know them...

1. He stayed at Secrets.

2. He had a party at Secrets.

3. He posted on Secrets that he had a fantastic time at Secrets.

4. He posted on Addicts that Secrets was a terrible experience.

Now I don't want to try and talk down to anyone reading this (or responding) but I hope I'm not the only one here intelligent enough that can see the obvious misrepresentation of the truth in those stated facts.

I think that ackademik1's Review is an honest and open post.

I don't think that anyone should be attacked for posting a negative review of a place that others may love, for only by criticism and fair appraisal can the quality of an experience be constantly improved.

There is also the potential for the board wars to re-ignite, as issues from other boards get dragged in here....

Guys, it was only a Hotel review, not a declaration of war...

Lets not get all steamed up again

Murgatroyd

Who is attacking him? :D

Why don't we leave it right there... until ackademik1 can get back and explain this point... little point in speculating in the meantime... Possibly the two posts were sequential rather than simultaneous, and he simply changed his mind ?

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

Why don't we leave it right there... until ackademik1 can get back and explain this point... little point in speculating in the meantime... Possibly the two posts were sequential rather than simultaneous, and he simply changed his mind ?

It's quite possible, I'd agree. And I'd be interested to know what it was that changed his mind; that's all I was asking.

Its quite clear,Ack.was not happy for a number of reasons which he openly stated.

I really dont think he needs to justify his comments to anyone.

Ned

Its quite clear,Ack.was not happy for a number of reasons which he openly stated.

I really dont think he needs to justify his comments to anyone.

Ned

See, there we are with the defensive stance again, Ned. Why would anyone be so defensive to see a simple question answered? It's not you, after all, so why would you speak in his defense in the first place? Are you against hearing the truth, so long as it might possibly bring about some negativity to Secrets? (Nevermind... don't answer that. We already know that answer, don't we?)

We are not concerned what is said on another board! This is Addicts not Secrets! What is said over there do not bring over here! The Op wrote his experience and that's it!!

As ackademik1 cannot answer this fair question at the moment, and as things seem to be on the bubble...

I'm closing the thread until ackademik1 can be back on line... then it can be re-opend.

I think that's fair to everyone... little point in getting heated in the meantime.

Murgatroyd

We are not concerned what is said on another board! This is Addicts not Secrets! What is said over there do not bring over here! The Op wrote his experience and that's it!!

If you're not concerned with what happened on another board, dare we ask why your name here is "The Deported One"? You've been "Deported" here at Addicts? OR, are not YOU the one carrying over some bit of that experience elsewhere to here, and then daring to have the audacity to put down someone else who remarks of experiences on another board? I suppose it's possible for an act to be more two-faced, but I fail to see how. And that's it! LOL :GiveBeer1:

Lighten up... It's just the internet after-all; right?

Yeah Krowdon I'll get into it more. While the party was so-so I did have a good time with the people I met, and the consequent mini bar crawl I went on after the party. Secrets and Addicts BM's both accompanied me on that, so I had a good time seeing everyone getting along. While I was in LOS, I had tried to get another hotel room the day after my arrival, but by the time I had the opportunity, I only had a couple days left, so I figured I would ride out the last couple of days, and wait till I got back to farangland to state my experience in full. My big bitch, is don't tell me you have something available for 4 months, then when I get there, tell me it doesn't exist. The old bait and switch is some major low class bullshit in my book. And I didn't want to have stuff magically go missing during my stay, so I waited till after I was home before stating my factual opinions.

And to have one decent night at Secrets which was the case, doesn't define the remainder of my stay. You will notice the lack of me talking about taking anymore BF's from Secrets after the party, which was the case. And you will also notice my lack of posting on that forum, as is because of my loss of respect for many people there. They obviously didn't care enough about my stay to make sure things were right, so why give them the benefit of the things that I did enjoy on my trip, when they really weren't involved in any way with the rest of my trip.

I booked the party there out of loyalty and to STICK TO MY WORD, as did I stay at there hotel to STICK TO MY WORD, so why lie to me about my room?

Why was I denied the truth? Someone made some big mistakes there regarding my room and party. Need I not get into the threats of staying somewhere else and canceling my party, as I felt they did not appreciate my business, which you can freely ask Ben about. After the threats were made, thats when the banner, be it wrong altogether, but it was finally posted nevertheless. Maybe they screwed me on my room because I threatened to cancel altogether, and for someone who was as active as I was there, and who had nothing but good to say about them prior to my arrival, you would think they would do right by me. But this was an experience, simple as that. I know now not to be coaxed into thinking I'm getting something I'm not in the future. Hope that answers your questions as to the mixed reviews.

I know Ack has enough sense not to shit on his own doorstep.

a good guy, and he was gregarious and friendly. I agree he deserved better service than he received.

The fact that he paid a serious amount of money for a party which wasnt well organised or promoted would also cause concern.

No-one wants to feel like a lame dupe overpayer, but these things do contribute to a reputation of a venue.

Hope that answers your questions as to the mixed reviews.

Yea that makes more sense now. Thanks for responding. I'm glad to see also how easily it was explained, and not needed to be so defended like was happening. As I stated, a negative review isn't something to be attacked, but it can use some explaining if others are to understand what you're getting at.

As for the banner being changed, I can explain that one to you a bit.

I don't know if it was a miscommunication or whatever, but originally I was told the banner was to say "birthday party". Oh, I made the banners, by the way. After it was up for a bit, I got a email request to change it to say "free at last" party, but it took me a couple days to even see that email as I was quite tasked with other freelance graphic jobs I do constantly. It only took but a few minutes to change and whip back to them, but then there comes the issue of getting it actually posted into the webpage code, and that's another matter entirely. They've been working out some bugs with getting the webmaster to be "prompt", we could call it, when it comes to changing things when asked. I'm not involved in that process whatsoever, so I couldn't tell you what all it involves, but I can tell you that it was sent off to them and ready to be changed but for some reason the webmaster took his time putting it up there. So, despite how it might of appeared, there was no conspiracy or lack of consideration for your situation when that banner was concerned, but rather just a few days here getting the message and a few days there getting it changed. I know for a fact it was asked by the Management to be changed within a day or two after it was originally posted reading wrong. I apologize on my behalf for missing the email for a couple days, but I can't say exactly why the webmaster didn't get it updated once I sent it. I know I was in constant contact with the Mods on a daily basis reminding them, however, and they were equally frustrated as well.

As for your party being wrong, or the room being different then reserved, I can't answer to any of that, but I'd be willing to bet none of it was intentional. I know the guys there pretty well, and despite the reputation they have for being so deceitful and such, the claims are unwarranted and primarily fueled by those who don't like them personally. Nevertheless, as you said, you weren't content, and there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to express that openly here.

In my experiance Secrets is good for a drink..nice cran/vodka there. At about 130~2am great place to grab sandwich and talk shit with some guys before heading out to Insomnia or elsewhere. Some of the girls are very nice , but would'nt barfine there. (again personal opinion)

Ackademik good response to the thread, and we all learned long ago not toshit where you eat, or sleep. Can we leave it at that now? The man didnt have a good experiance. We all have at one time or another in LOS. Its part of the journey...

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

Archived