Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

My Secrets Experience

Mr.DreamTransport

I disagree, do you know how hard it is to find an invisible pig ?

Now thats funny. My hats off to you sir on that one.

All I can say about the price is this, after you took out all the extras I had, the party was really only 20,000BAHT - whatever the cost of the pig would've been. I guess its a good thing I talked down the price from the original quote of 30,000BAHT, but then again maybe that was just to let me feel like I got a bargain at the 25,000?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess its a good thing I talked down the price from the original quote of 30,000BAHT, but then again maybe that was just to let me feel like I got a bargain at the 25,000?

Damn, at the current rate that's nearly $1000 USD. I could have a hell of a party here at that price.

25,000 Baht for a party does seem a little steep, I thought 12,000 at FLB was alot. Is a Secrets party twice as good as an FLB party, or four times as good as a cherry bar party? I'm not slamming Secrets with this question since I've never been to a party there I don't know.

I reckon that any party held in Soi 6 is seriously reputable.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

I disagree, do you know how hard it is to find an invisible pig ?

It took me five hours to finally get that. The party was expensive because invisible pigs are expensive, Duh. Am I haveing a blond day or is that some of that dry English wit that us Americans notoriously don't get?

I can relate to getting a room that's not what you were expecting. It sucks but even bad experiences help to make your future trips less troublesome.

I need a woman who loves me for my money but doesn't understand math too well

wanker_racing_banner22.jpg

With Krowdon surfing other boards to report to Honest Bent for damaged control, it's no wonder he didn't get his work done on time. I just realized why Krowdon do what he does. He's getting paid from S*** hotel and a nice bar. Yep, Bar is very nice. I been there. But one look into the matchbox rooms, I didn't feel like staying prison cell.

Smull - Krowdon has no need to do this - Wombat and Larry have full access to this board. They removed our high level access on Secrets but that is "up to them" as far as I am concerned.

I am keen for this to remain a thread about a "review" about the "Hotel" and not to turn into a "board slagging event" which is against our rules (see pinned thread re "other boards and websites").

Also please try and remember that we don't allow personal attacks on other BMs here, whatever their primary allegiance may (appear to) be. This particular BM has been very supportive of Addicts and IMO is an intelligent and fair poster.

I have never had any cause to stay in ANY hotel in Pattaya so cannot post a direct experience but Secrets is a good bar with a lot to offer.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I can only speak up for Krowdon as not being a spy for anyone.

Even though I don't know for sure anybodys politics when it comes to Pattaya clubs/hotels, I can easily say that Krowdon speaks for himself, only.

He does love logic. Can't say I blame him, either.

The few times I have come across Krowdon during the same time I was following a post, he jumped in when he thought something was unfair, and he does have a way with the English language.

A dry wit, I believe. Funny guy.

I always will speak up for those that are in no posititon to speak up for themselves, even if I don't care for them at the time, unless I, for a fact, KNOW, they are in the wrong.

That also goes for stopping possible violence against someone, if I also believe something can be handled another way or they really don't deserve it. Karma.

25,000 baht is way over the top. Most of the parties I have attended, we buy our own piss and the food and entertainment is put on at around 5,000 baht!

The wholesale cost of beer here is around 20 to 25 baht a (Stubbie) small bottle. So it doesn't take a genious to work it out.

(I liked the invisble pig crack)

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

The most asked Question

Do Pig's Fly ?

<strong class='bbc'></strong><br /><br />I don't want you to swallow it all,just some of it<br /><br />I'll spray the rest on your face and tits

The most asked Question

Do Pig's Fly ?

Only when its photoshopped.

stringer

Thanks for the support, guys, and I'm glad to see at least some folks realize I'm not involved in any conspiracy or such.

And in regards to the 25,000 price for a party... well I wouldn't pay that much, that's for sure. I think it's a steep price, but then I'm only speaking for myself. I've never thrown a party in PTY, and it's unlikely I ever would, unless it was one of those sorts where three or four guys all chip in together on a special occasion. I have my own little parties, without the extreme costs, every night I'm there!

117267-22.gif117267-23.jpg117267-24.jpg

:Drunk_Party:

*** If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ~Dalai Lama ***

I could never understand punters paying 950B for a room at Secrets,and thats all you get,a basic room.

For an extra 50b,you can stay at Areca,which includes 2 pools,2 saunas,American breakfast for 2,parking,24 hour security,gym,etc etc.

Ned

I could never understand punters paying 950B for a room at Secrets,and thats all you get,a basic room.

For an extra 50b,you can stay at Areca,which includes 2 pools,2 saunas,American breakfast for 2,parking,24 hour security,gym,etc etc.

Ned

Everyone has different tastes, as well as budgets and desires. Some go for location, some for a pool, some for the girls, some for convince, some for parking, some for food, some for.... well you get the idea. No one is really wrong when they chose for themselves what they'd like, even if it's not the same choice another would make. That goes for hotels, bars, women, jobs, clothes, ladyboys, or whatever.

By the way, the 950 is the highest price room there, if you don't count the VIP Retreat, with 750 being a standard room rate. That's 250 a day cheaper than the Areca, right on Walking Street, just upstairs from a great bar to hang out in. Not really a bad deal, when you think about it. But like I said, everyone is different!

*** If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ~Dalai Lama ***

Ned

..............AND a long walk from WS. I personally would want to be more "central" i.e. not stuck down in WS, so Areca would suit me, but lets face it some guys spend their whole trip in WS which makes Secrets an ideal location.

There is (probably) little doubt that the Secrets Hotel's biggest asset is its location - the fact that it has a nice bar and girls is probably an "added attraction" for many.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

As per their web site today the cheepest room is a standard at 1150bt. I have stayed at Areca and granted the room is well worth the price but that is 200bt more than Secrets highest priced room, not 50bt as NK stated.

By the way, the 950 is the highest price room there, if you don't count the VIP Retreat, with 750 being a standard room rate. That's 250 a day cheaper than the Areca, right on walking street, just upstairs from a great bar to hang out in. Not really a bad deal, when you think about it. But like I said, everyone is different!

650B is the standard room for p72 right off of walking St with 550B being the charge for a small room there.

As per their web site today the cheepest room is a standard at 1150bt. I have stayed at Areca and granted the room is well worth the price but that is 200bt more than Secrets highest priced room, not 50bt as NK stated.

Oh Really,

Try Sawadee.com.................ARECA LODGE 1000B PER NIGHT,INCLUDING BREAKFAST FOR 2.

FIFTY BAHT DIFFERENCE FROM Secrets.

And if you eat breakfast while staying at Secrets,Areca works out to be even cheaper,with full hotel facilities,unlike Secrets.

Good Muppet,but get your facts straight.

Good Muppet,but get your facts straight.

you'll have to excuse Needy. If you hate Secrets then you're an ok guy in his books, If you actually like the place then you're obviously just a muppet . Good to see he doesn't have an agenda :Good_Post:

Calm down dear...this is only the internet :)

NK has never let the truth get in the way of a good slagging of Secrets.

But we should let him alone as he is very very very busy contacting all those hotels around the world that have rooms above bars and without a pool that they are really not hotels.

NK has never let the truth get in the way of a good slagging of Secrets.

But we should let him alone as he is very very very busy contacting all those hotels around the world that have rooms above bars and without a pool that they are really not hotels.

Giday Alf,

Mate as your a part owner of Secrets,i would have thought you would have been answering the Ops gripes with Secrets,rather than responding to me.

It seems not one owner of Secrets could care less about Ackademiks disastrous stay at you establishment.But nothing new there.

And as far as the truth is concerned,its plainly obvious that the OP,gave a truthful account of what goes on at Secrets,was he slagging off Secrets,or just giving a truhful review of his stay?

There have been MANY negative reviews about Secrets,its just you have to be quick to read them before there deleted.

By the way Alf,im sure you know ive only been complimentary about TQ2,and ive refered many punters to it,because it is a well run Go Go.Sadly i cant say the same about your other interest in Pattaya

Ned

I think enough has been said rather than close the thread, lets leave it be in a gentlemanly fashion.

I think enough has been said rather than close the thread, lets leave it be in a gentlemanly fashion.

Giday Bryan,

Its blatantly obvious that on the last few threads about Secrets,their supporters come on here and try to get the thread closed,its happened twice so far here.

The supporters know its a pretty intolerant board when it comes to conflict,so they stir things up,and bingo the thread is closed and they protect Secrets name,please dont fall into that trap.

Ned

Giday Bryan,

Its blatantly obvious that on the last few threads about Secrets,their supporters come on here and try to get the thread closed,its happened twice so far here.

The supporters know its a pretty intolerant board when it comes to conflict,so they stir things up,and bingo the thread is closed and they protect Secrets name,please dont fall into that trap.

Ned

Normally, I'd just slap you down like the little twit I figured you are, Ned; but alas I've figured out what drives you. After a little research, typing in your symptoms you've displayed continuously, I kept getting back the same returns...

Narcissistic Personality Disorder

An all-pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration or adulation and lack of empathy, usually beginning by early adulthood and present in various contexts. Five (or more) of the following criteria must be met:

• Feels grandiose and self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents to the point of lying, demands to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements);

• Is obsessed with fantasies of unlimited success, fame, fearsome power or omnipotence, unequaled brilliance (the cerebral narcissist), bodily beauty or sexual performance (the somatic narcissist), or ideal, everlasting, all-conquering love or passion;

• Firmly convinced that he or she is unique and, being special, can only be understood by, should only be treated by, or associate with, other special or unique, or high-status people (or institutions);

• Requires excessive admiration, adulation, attention and affirmation – or, failing that, wishes to be feared and to be notorious (Narcissistic Supply);

• Feels entitled. Expects unreasonable or special and favourable priority treatment. Demands automatic and full compliance with his or her expectations;

• Is "interpersonally exploitative", i.e., uses others to achieve his or her own ends;

• Devoid of empathy. Is unable or unwilling to identify with or acknowledge the feelings and needs of others;

• Constantly envious of others or believes that they feel the same about him or her;

• Arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes coupled with rage when frustrated, contradicted, or confronted.

Somebody's bound to love you, and would like to see you cured, Ned. Get some help...

Giday Bryan,

It's blatantly obvious that on the last few threads about Secrets, their supporters come on here and try to get the thread closed, it's happened twice so far here.

The supporters know it's a pretty intolerant board when it comes to conflict, so they stir things up, and bingo, the thread is closed and they protect Secrets name. Please don't fall into that trap.

Ned

Ack has a legitimate gripe. Most of the posters on Secrets board have pretty much come to that conclusion.

It's not a matter of protecting Secrets as much as throwing the bs flag on people who so obviously have a grudge against the individuals involved with Secrets that far predates the opening of the bar/hotel. Pointing out that Secrets is booked solid months in advance and the bar is a popular and well frequented establishment is like shoving a hot poker up their collective butts. Ned is so much fun to watch with an ice cream cone sticking out of his forehead it's hard to resist laughing sometimes.

Giday Alf,

Mate as your a part owner of Secrets,i would have thought you would have been answering the Ops gripes with Secrets,rather than responding to me.

It seems not one owner of Secrets could care less about Ackademiks disastrous stay at you establishment.But nothing new there.

And as far as the truth is concerned,its plainly obvious that the OP,gave a truthful account of what goes on at Secrets,was he slagging off Secrets,or just giving a truhful review of his stay?

There have been MANY negative reviews about Secrets,its just you have to be quick to read them before there deleted.

By the way Alf,im sure you know ive only been complimentary about TQ2,and ive refered many punters to it,because it is a well run Go Go.Sadly i cant say the same about your other interest in Pattaya

Ned

Hi Ned,

Everyone knows that if you want to have a party or if have an issue with TQ2 you talk to me or if I'm not there my manager Russ.

If you want to organise anything to do with Secrets or you have a problem you need to talk to Ben.

There are 2 reasons for that.

Firstly, my investment in Secrets is minimal and I have no active management of Secrets. My status on the Secrets board and this and other boards has always been the same as any other board member. This is not unusual there are many bar owners who have part investments in high profile bars but aren't involved in the running of said bars except their own.

Secondly, my primary concern since coming to Pattaya has been the running of TQ2.

I'm sorry that Jason had a bad time in Secrets but I had no say or part in the organisation of his party there.

On the other hand at TQ2 I did have an active part in the organising of Jason's party. When Jason asked me he wanted to do a party that would standout, I suggested it be a wet tshirt theme which he agreed to.

At the time I was just about to leave for Australia and kept in contact with Jason during my stay in Sydney until the night of the party when my manager Russ took over.

I'm sure Jason can back me up. we were in constant contact via PMs. There were many issues sorted and concerns allayed. With Asha Bucha Day the weekend before Jason expressed concern that maybe the bars would be closed on the Monday (30th July). So in consultation with Jason we opted to be safe and held it on the Tuesday (31st July).

This allowed us to get the banner right and also gave us time to inform people well in advance of the change in dates.

Hope that clarifies things.

As to me pulling you up occasssionally when you slag Secrets it's because you are being disingenous on the establishment. Your comments such it's not a hotel, then fine as I suggested you go on a crusade and tell all those pubs/hotels around the world they aren't a hotel based on your anti-Secrets way of thinking. Approach the AHA I'm sure you'd get a very nice and dismissive reply on what and what isn't a hotel is.

You're gripe predominately resides in the fact that the moderators of that board didn't agree with you and you left with a huff. But you continually go back under different guises.

One of your main gripes has been censorship. Have you noticed on other boards due to your incessisant rants, your posts have been removed, threads have either have to closed or deleted in their enitrety? and yet not a word of condemnation on those boards by you, about "the censorship". Talk about double standards.

You obviously have an axe to grind with whoever, and you may have a valid point. On your next visit may I suggest you take your grieveance up to them in person? or is that too much to ask?

In your visits to TQ2 I found you to be a really nice person that I had a lot of time for and I looked forward to your visits. The person I see on this and other boards is totally different from the guy I knew drinking and having a yarn with.

I hope to see the old Ned when you return.

Cheers,

Alf.

Archived