IGNORED

Everton Thread

blue1878

10 hours ago, davidge said:

I guess the positive is it’s replaced the pointless friendlies. The negative is it makes the games more competitive which increases the chances of injury.

I still don’t understand all the nuances of how it’s used towards qualification for big tournaments though.

Overall, I think it’s another part of UEFA increasing the number of games in their competitions, whether countries or clubs. On balance I think that is a bad thing but they’re just power hungry.

And don't forget the money

I think UEFA, FIFA, Football Association are all driven to make as much money out of football as possible.  In recent years I've gone to Thailand in December.  So I have missed going to Goodison Park for the home games but I've been able to watch all Everton games live on tv whilst on holiday in Pattaya.  No doubt the premiership make a lot of money allowing thai TV show all premiership games live

SOUTHAMPTON V EVERTON | FRANK LAMPARD PRESS CONFERENCE | PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY 8

This fixture always brings back happy memories for me because the first ever time I watched Everton play was on the 20th November 1971.  My grandad took me to Goodison Park to watch Everton play Southampton.  It was a freezing and snowy day but I didnt care as it was my first game and we won EIGHT nil.  Joe Royle scored 4, David Johnson score 3 and the great Alan Ball scored 1

I was also at Goodison Park on the 3rd May 1986 when we beat Southampton 6 - 1

And on the 3rd October 1987 I was at the Dell to watch Everton beat Southampton 4 - 0 and Graeme Sharp scored all 4 goals

After all that when we play Southampton on Saturday it will probably end 0 - 0 😂 

PICKFORD BACK AHEAD OF SOUTHAMPTON TRIP! | EVERTON IN TRAINING

Southampton v Everton | Starting XI Show

I'm pleased with today's result at Southampton.  And very pleased that after going 1 down very early in the 2nd half we came back with 2 very quick goals

SOUTHAMPTON 1-2 EVERTON | CONOR COADY'S REACTION!

SOUTHAMPTON 1-2 EVERTON | DWIGHT MCNEIL'S REACTION!

Southampton 1-2 Everton | Instant Match Reaction

Southampton 1-2 Everton | Coady Is Brilliant | 3 Talking Points

Southampton 1-2 Everton | Player Ratings

Frank Lampard Post Match Interview Southampton 1 vs 2 Everton 01/10/2022

Southampton 1-2 Everton | Astro's Reaction

Winning on the Road; Southampton vs Everton

Southampton 1-2 Everton | The Final Word

On 29/09/2022 at 19:08, blue1878 said:

This fixture always brings back happy memories for me because the first ever time I watched Everton play was on the 20th November 1971.  My grandad took me to Goodison Park to watch Everton play Southampton.  It was a freezing and snowy day but I didnt care as it was my first game and we won EIGHT nil.  Joe Royle scored 4, David Johnson score 3 and the great Alan Ball scored 1

I was also at Goodison Park on the 3rd May 1986 when we beat Southampton 6 - 1

And on the 3rd October 1987 I was at the Dell to watch Everton beat Southampton 4 - 0 and Graeme Sharp scored all 4 goals

After all that when we play Southampton on Saturday it will probably end 0 - 0 😂 

I think I've mentioned before, I was in the boys pen for the 8-0 game, like all. Kids I wanted to go in the gwladys St but my dad said I was too small and I wouldn't have been able to see the game properly but I think it was because it was 45 pence to go in the St end and it was only 15 pence to go in the boys pen lol

3 hours ago, keverton said:

I think I've mentioned before, I was in the boys pen for the 8-0 game, like all. Kids I wanted to go in the gwladys St but my dad said I was too small and I wouldn't have been able to see the game properly but I think it was because it was 45 pence to go in the St end and it was only 15 pence to go in the boys pen lol

My Grandad took me the game and we watched the game in the top Balcony.  The one and only game I watched from the top balcony.  I was 13 and after that game I was hooked.  Two years later aged 15 (1973/74 season) I started going the game on a regular basis.  And I've been going every season since

2 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

My Grandad took me the game and we watched the game in the top Balcony.  The one and only game I watched from the top balcony.  I was 13 and after that game I was hooked.  Two years later aged 15 (1973/74 season) I started going the game on a regular basis.  And I've been going every season since

It must have been brilliant watching 8 goals going in from the top balcony, that's were my season ticket was for about 15 years, before that I couldn't afford a season ticket so just paid in every week usually in the enclosure but I used to go into the British legion every week b4 we had a great team under Howard kendall and every week peoe would stand on the stage offering tickets for free or for half price so I sat everywhere and anywhere, I let my season ticket go because of other commitments and hardly go now but as Alan ball once said "once Everton has touched you etc" I still miss the crack and the buzz of goodison though. 

Bramley Moore Dock Mid-week drone visit with VoiceOver (5.10.22)

Toffees Given Gakpo Boost | Everton News Daily

EVERTON V MAN UNITED | FRANK LAMPARD PRESS CONFERENCE | PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY 9

Everton V Manchester United | Match Preview

DCL To Return For United Game? | Everton News Daily

Toffees Off To A Great Start | The Everton Women's Show

Adult webcam website Stripchat have made an audacious offer to have Everton's new £500 million stadium be named 'the Stripchat Sustainability Stadium'. 

Everton are currently in the process of developing a brand new 52,888-capacity stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock in Liverpool, with the state-of-the-art facility due to open for the start of the 2024/25 Premier League campaign.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/everton-stripchat-stadium-name-20221007?fbclid=IwAR2jqu5W11ODYQMg0ggaiWDUvfRBD7BxIbYihvw1QvtyM5li1obQ5bxIorU

I guess away fans will be chanting ‘you’re just a bunch of wankers’ :D

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”