IGNORED

Everton Thread

blue1878

In about 25 minutes I will be going to the airport and then fly off to Thailand.  I will be away for 30 nights.  So you will be pleased to know that whilst I am away I will do very little posting.  Only because I will be partying in Pattaya.

In January normal service will be resumed :Laugh1:

You must be the jink. They played much better in your absence.

I'd rather look at tits, cunts and arseholes than listen to them!

5 hours ago, irishstu007 said:

You must be the jink. They played much better in your absence.

Jink?? .....thats a cross between jerk and jinx? yeh, that sounds like blue :)

well done to everton. At old trafford next week, so lets hope the big dunc run continues!

Is Ancelotti willing to move down a notch or two and consider Everton? :WhoSaw1:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

16 minutes ago, davidge said:

Is Ancelotti willing to move down a notch or two and consider Everton? :WhoSaw1:

At least he is a top class manager who is proven which is more than you can say of the last few Everton managers. :GrinNod1:

On 11/12/2019 at 16:55, davidge said:

Why not Everton are a big club

• Haha 2

Last night I watched our game against Man Utd at the Retox. I thought we played well and deserved the draw 

I think it's a club that has a history,used to winning the league,winning European trophies,domestic cups,have a big stadium that's sold out most games 

Unfortunately my club has the history,only won the league twice,was first British club to win a European trophy,won numerous domestic trophies have the best stadium in the world and sell out every game ,in my eyes we are the greatest team in the world but on a world stage we are not a big club ....yet

16 minutes ago, james 71 said:

Unfortunately my club has the history,only won the league twice,was first British club to win a European trophy,won numerous domestic trophies have the best stadium in the world and sell out every game ,in my eyes we are the greatest team in the world but on a world stage we are not a big club ....yet

Gooner? :unsure:

7 minutes ago, rope-a-dope said:

Gooner? :unsure:

Spurs.

Pretty good game at old trafford yesterday. An everton win would’ve suited me, but 1-1 was a fair result i think.

Has been a fairly rocky road,haven't missed a home game since 1974 apart from 3 when I was in hospital 

• Like 1

Carlo Ancelotti has reached an agreement in principle to become the next Everton manager, Sky Sports News understands.

On 16/12/2019 at 20:25, james 71 said:

What is your definition of a big club ?

I think we are a big club, We have our history. We sell out our home league games. And have a waiting list for season tickets. We sell out our away  allocation. Our home attendance is restricted by Goodison Park capacity  but its looking good that we can build a new ground on the waterfront with a bigger  capacity. Our Everton in the community (EITC) I believe is up there with the  best. Other clubs  come to see the work we do in the  community and how we do it. 

• Like 2

I understand the new manager wants some January transfers. How is Everton positioned regarding the Financial Fair Play rules? Or it that something that just gets ignored and you deal with any consequences later on? 

3 hours ago, blue1878 said:

I think we are a big club, We have our history. We sell out our home league games. And have a waiting list for season tickets. We sell out our away  allocation. Our home attendance is restricted by Goodison Park capacity  but its looking good that we can build a new ground on the waterfront with a bigger  capacity. Our Everton in the community (EITC) I believe is up there with the  best. Other clubs  come to see the work we do in the  community and how we do it. 

Sorry blue, you know I like to pull your leg. :P

Seriously though, although I think it’s quite a coup to get Ancellotti (assuming he’s confirmed) it does show more muddled thinking from the owners. Complete change of playing style again with someone who is, sort of, ‘the Italian Allardyce’. Does make me wonder how the club will do moving forward if they keep on switching philosophies.

For a spell Back in the 80`s Everton were rightly regarded as one of the big six, but have now been gradually shunted down to being an also ran, they`re still a big club although they are getting left behind somewhat.The new ground might give them a kind of rebirth, but as we know the only way to break into the `big six club` and stay there will be an injection of cash, and plenty of it.

Carlo Ancelotti is finalising his backroom staff ahead of the announcement that the new Everton manager will sign a four and a half year contract at the club, to begin work on Monday.

The Italian is expected to sign his contract on Friday before taking a place in the stand at Goodison Park for tomorrow’s Premier League game against Arsenal, which is to be the last under caretaker manager Duncan Ferguson.

Ancelotti will keep Ferguson among the first team staff but will bring his own team of coaches and analysts, with whom he has worked in the past.

That will include his son Davide, who worked with him at Napoli; his long-serving fitness coach Francesco Mauri and the video analyst Simone Montanaro. There are expected to be more joining the Italian who usually brings with him a group who have, by and large, worked with Ancelotti all over Europe.

(Telegraph)

On 18/12/2019 at 10:54, davidge said:

Sorry blue, you know I like to pull your leg. :P

Seriously though, although I think it’s quite a coup to get Ancellotti (assuming he’s confirmed) it does show more muddled thinking from the owners. Complete change of playing style again with someone who is, sort of, ‘the Italian Allardyce’. Does make me wonder how the club will do moving forward if they keep on switching philosophies.

'The Italian allardyce' I think you are a bit off the mark there mate,have you seen the trophies he had won compared to 'the English allardyce'

On 18/12/2019 at 07:22, blue1878 said:

Hello blue, I assume you are watching the match tonight, where you watching it ?

3 hours ago, keverton said:

'The Italian allardyce' I think you are a bit off the mark there mate,have you seen the trophies he had won compared to 'the English allardyce'

I’m referring to playing style. Owners seem to have given up on the ‘pure football’ they were so keen on and gone back to pragmatism. 

2 hours ago, davidge said:

I’m referring to playing style. Owners seem to have given up on the ‘pure football’ they were so keen on and gone back to pragmatism. 

Sorry mate I stand corrected, I misread your post earlier, I'm assuming/hoping that our playing style will improve i.e. closing down, harrying, putting pressure on the opposing team much earlier and more fluent attacking football, working harder for each other and being less static while in possession of the ball.