IGNORED

What's special on Soi 2 and 3

Dr MAK

To all addicts and all of you who spent a considerable amount of time and unforgettable evenings in Pattaya. I am new member, been only once so far to Pattaya (spent only three days), never visited the Walking Street (imagine that !) I didn't know it existed. But anyway, I am planning a second, 2 weeks trip, to Pattaya, in four months time.

But let's start with Soi 2 and 3. What is special about those two streets? Are they just beer bars like in Soi 7 and 8? Or do they have any particular or special thing that is worth the visiting?

Any advice? Any recommendations?

PS: I need to know everything and I need all the help you can give me guys. Thanks !

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there are a ton of good beer bars up in that area..also drinking street is close by, up on soi 1, Honey pot is worth a visit.

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely stop by Honey Pot for a cold beer. A lot of people seem to be talking about this place.

Anyhow that are a couple of nice massage parlors in Soi 3 too. Soi 3 certainly worth the visit.

I have seen a lot of good reviews of Sois 2 and 3 on PA. I am going to check both those streets in detail during my April trip.

To all addicts and all of you who spent a considerable amount of time and unforgettable evenings in Pattaya. I am new member, been only once so far to Pattaya (spent only three days), never visited the Walking Street (imagine that !) I didn't know it existed. But anyway, I am planning a second, 2 weeks trip, to Pattaya, in four months time.

But let's start with Soi 2 and 3. What is special about those two streets? Are they just beer bars like in Soi 7 and 8? Or do they have any particular or special thing that is worth the visiting?

Any advice? Any recommendations?

PS: I need to know everything and I need all the help you can give me guys. Thanks !

As a retiree living in Pattaya I seldom venture north of Central Pattaya Road but last week I did and I can assure you Soi 2 and Soi 3 are dead, even a lot more so than Soi 6.

A couple of beer bars, Lek’s Classroom Agogo in Soi 2 and Honey Pot coyote also in Soi 2, everything is completely empty.

If you come for only two weeks, do not lose your time north of Central Pattaya Road.

Have a look at the map by cartoonman to have an idea where the action is:

http://www.pattayabarguide.com/

Some guys don't think there is much action down soi 2 or 3 but I can tell you the best beer bar is the one that has the cute girl who wants to go home with you. I have had many pleasurable experiences with girls from these bars..More time to talk, friendly and a nice atmosphere. Take a stroll down there sometime and stop and say hi, you will see what I mean.

Oh just a recommendation...directly opposite soi 3 and second road there is an out door food hall serving some of the best thai food I have tasted. You might get a lot of the lady boys from the Alcatraz show sitting down with you but that is ok..you are there to eat.

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

As a retiree living in Pattaya I seldom venture north of Central Pattaya Road but last week I did and I can assure you Soi 2 and Soi 3 are dead, even a lot more so than Soi 6.

A couple of beer bars, Lek’s Classroom Agogo in Soi 2 and Honey Pot coyote also in Soi 2, everything is completely empty.

If you come for only two weeks, do not lose your time north of Central Pattaya Road.

Have a look at the map by cartoonman to have an idea where the action is:

http://www.pattayabarguide.com/

Dick Farang, thank you very much for your advice. I believe you, I was there a couple of weeks ago (Feb. 2011) and we've walked down Soi 3 looking for a massage parlor. It's true, it's completely dead.

There are just a few bars open, but they were quite empty. I guess it's good to go there where you really want to live in peace.

By the way, a million thanks for the link. You quickly see where the heat is. Thx.

Some guys don't think there is much action down soi 2 or 3 but I can tell you the best beer bar is the one that has the cute girl who wants to go home with you. I have had many pleasurable experiences with girls from these bars..More time to talk, friendly and a nice atmosphere. Take a stroll down there sometime and stop and say hi, you will see what I mean.

Oh just a recommendation...directly opposite soi 3 and second road there is an out door food hall serving some of the best thai food I have tasted. You might get a lot of the lady boys from the Alcatraz show sitting down with you but that is ok..you are there to eat.

Thanks Andy. By the way, I see what you mean. I already had this wonderful experience with a cute girl down on Soi 8 in a quiet bar. But you must be really lucky to find this rare gem. You could waste your entire evening hopping from a bar to the next looking for that special one.

But I will follow your advice. I am sure after a week of intense heat down south, it would be a good idea to chill out a bit in a quiet place. Let's see how it goes.

I see the food court. I don't mind the ladyboys. We are anyway planning to view a show at Alcatraz.

Dick Farang, thank you very much for your advice. I believe you, I was there a couple of weeks ago (Feb. 2011) and we've walked down Soi 3 looking for a massage parlor. It's true, it's completely dead.

There are just a few bars open, but they were quite empty. I guess it's good to go there where you really want to live in peace.

By the way, a million thanks for the link. You quickly see where the heat is. Thx.

There are indeed some big massage parlours in North Pattaya, one of them on the corner of Second Road and Soi 2.

I have never been there and I guess they only cater for Asians.

I think I have read somewhere that the girls parade behind a window and you can pick one of them, not really my cup of tea.

I think you are mixing up the new Alcatraz Agogo on Walking Street and the Alcazar Cabaret on Second Road.

Sabai Room, Sabailand, and Sabai Dee are soapies that are located very close to Soi 3 (on 2nd road). If you were staying on Soi 2 or Soi 3, they would be quite close. You would also be at a much easier walking distance to the Soi 6 ST action than if you were staying near Walking Street. Obviously the downside to staying on these Soi's is the distance away from Walking Street. Although its easy to take a songtow (bus) there and back, traffic gets backed up a bit during primetime hours and can lead to a longer ride. Really no biggie though.

The World is Yours.

There are indeed some big massage parlours in North Pattaya, one of them on the corner of Second Road and Soi 2.

I have never been there and I guess they only cater for Asians.

I think I have read somewhere that the girls parade behind a window and you can pick one of them, not really my cup of tea.

In fact I have visited Soi 3 following the advice of the girl I've picked on Soi 8. According to her, Soi 3 hosts one of the best massage parlors in Pattaya.

I couldn't find any, and I've ended up in Phaingrn massage parlor 20m down Soi 3. Was not that impressive.

By the way Dick Farang, do you know a very nice place in Pattaya for a good traditional Thai massage?

Thanks.

In fact I have visited Soi 3 following the advice of the girl I've picked on Soi 8. According to her, Soi 3 hosts one of the best massage parlors in Pattaya.

I couldn't find any, and I've ended up in Phaingrn massage parlor 20m down Soi 3. Was not that impressive.

By the way Dick Farang, do you know a very nice place in Pattaya for a good traditional Thai massage?

Thanks.

Personally I do not like the traditional Thai massage (not to be confused with sex) because I am not a masochist.

Some years ago I have been with my wife to a traditional Thai massage parlour on the north side of Pattayatai (Pattaya South Road) near Second Road for some problems with my shoulder, but they only made it worse.

I think the “massage” offered in such places as Soi Post Office (Soi 13/2) has nothing to do with traditional Thai massage; I never tried it.

In the Temple of the Reclining Buddha in Bangkok you can have a traditional Thai massage in the massage school if you like to be nearly killed.

Also on the beach of Jomtien “massage” is on offer (just as it is in Indonesia).

You will find some hidden gems in the beer bar complexes here.

I met quite a few cute little things on my adventures there. Soi 2 especially.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

You will find some hidden gems in the beer bar complexes here.

I met quite a few cute little things on my adventures there. Soi 2 especially.

That is always possible, but there are thousands of BB’s and tens of thousands of BG’s in greater Pattaya.

Personally I do not like the traditional Thai massage (not to be confused with sex) because I am not a masochist.

Some years ago I have been with my wife to a traditional Thai massage parlour on the north side of Pattayatai (Pattaya South Road) near Second Road for some problems with my shoulder, but they only made it worse.

I think the “massage” offered in such places as Soi Post Office (Soi 13/2) has nothing to do with traditional Thai massage; I never tried it.

In the Temple of the Reclining Buddha in Bangkok you can have a traditional Thai massage in the massage school if you like to be nearly killed.

Also on the beach of Jomtien “massage” is on offer (just as it is in Indonesia).

Thanks Dick for sharing your knowledge and experience. Indeed we are not talking here about the oil massage with a "happy ending". We're talking about a good traditional massage. No funny business.

We will certainly visit the Temple of the Reclining Buddha in Bangkok (spending only 4 days there before our stay in Pattaya) I will pass by the Thai massage school. I like the good hard core deep massage. It's great.

Will explore the forum a bit for more massage locations. I am sure that this topic already came up a couple of times.

But thanks by the way for your insight information. I owe you a beer for all the good tips on this thread. We'll be in Pattaya as of the 1 st of July.

Cheers.

Dr. MAK

do you know a very nice place in Pattaya for a good traditional Thai massage?

Opposite side from dust Thani is a pretty decent massage place, offers all sorts of massage treatments, but definitely not for a happy ending.

Thanks.

I half agree with Dick here! :Buddy1:

Where we differ is that I absolutely love a good traditional Thai massage. The harder the better.

Where we agree is that the ONLY place to get a really good one is Wat Pho in Bangkok. I have had Trad Thai massages all over Thailand but have yet to find one as consistently good. I come out of that place on such a natural high I fear arrest! Which is a roundabout way of saying it gets my highest recommendation. Go for the massage w/herbs. Don't think they do anything but it's a lovely smell!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Thanks Dick for sharing your knowledge and experience. Indeed we are not talking here about the oil massage with a "happy ending". We're talking about a good traditional massage. No funny business.

We will certainly visit the Temple of the Reclining Buddha in Bangkok (spending only 4 days there before our stay in Pattaya) I will pass by the Thai massage school. I like the good hard core deep massage. It's great.

Will explore the forum a bit for more massage locations. I am sure that this topic already came up a couple of times.

But thanks by the way for your insight information. I owe you a beer for all the good tips on this thread. We'll be in Pattaya as of the 1 st of July.

Cheers.

Dr. MAK

Several traditional Thai massage parlours can be found near the crossing of Pattayatai (Pattaya South Road) and Second Road.

My masseuse told my wife that some customers ask for sexual services but that it was not her cup of tea.

I think that in some massage parlours both kinds of services can be had.

In Soi 2 Lek’s Classroom, Honey Pot and the beer bars opposite are completely deserted now.

What happened? Is this area being renovated soon?

Tell me that Atlantic bar on 2nd road isn't deserted as well ! As i was planning to make a stop soon!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

What happened? Is this area being renovated soon?

Tell me that Atlantic bar on 2nd road isn't deserted as well ! As i was planning to make a stop soon!

Business is very low in Pattaya now, but the most in Pattaya North.

Business is very low in Pattaya now, but the most in Pattaya North.

Without ever having set foot there I could probably have a stab why. My first time in Pattaya was over Christmas and New Year, and I'm back for Songkran, and of all the internet reviews and research I've done, I can't recall every seeing anything of interest about anything less than Soi 6. Everything has been between Soi 6 up to Walking Street and back to Soi Buakhao. I would presume that most other guys who did the same kind of google searches, probably encountered the same lack of quality information.

I did take a stroll past these soi's but along Beach Road over New Years (a busy time), and I never saw, or sensed anything that made me want to walk up there.

I don't imagine my trip next month will be any different. Havent checked out Soi Buakhao yet either, but I've heard good things so I'm going to stay on the 6/8/Walking Street back to Buakhao

Archived