Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

What's special on Soi 2 and 3

Dr MAK

Without ever having set foot there I could probably have a stab why. My first time in Pattaya was over Christmas and New Year, and I'm back for Songkran, and of all the internet reviews and research I've done, I can't recall every seeing anything of interest about anything less than Soi 6. Everything has been between Soi 6 up to Walking Street and back to Soi Buakhao. I would presume that most other guys who did the same kind of google searches, probably encountered the same lack of quality information.

I did take a stroll past these soi's but along Beach Road over New Years (a busy time), and I never saw, or sensed anything that made me want to walk up there.

I don't imagine my trip next month will be any different. Havent checked out Soi Buakhao yet either, but I've heard good things so I'm going to stay on the 6/8/Walking Street back to Buakhao

As I live here it is no big problem for me to stroll around, but a two week millionaire needs to be a little bit more “time efficacious”.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These girls are available on Soi 2. :)

Told you there are some gems.

Man !! and the bar is quiet empty. They are all yours for the taking.

They will treat you like a king if you show just a hint of interest.

I will keep Soi 2 in mind. Thanks ThaiTray.

Business is very low in Pattaya now, but the most in Pattaya North.

It could be a momentarily thing. You know the dry season is over, all hard core tourists, addicts and fans are gone.

I believe business will pick up back in July / August when holidays period starts in Europe and the US.

And I am sure it will be packed again in November / early December. Well there is no reason for the area to die out.

I will certainly stop at least an evening on my next stop.

Dr. MAK

As I live here it is no big problem for me to stroll around, but a two week millionaire needs to be a little bit more “time efficacious”.

Agree on the "time efficiency", and believe me that I intend to spend a lot of money on this trip (Budget 10,000 Baht/night), but as ThaiTrav mentioned, it's not about quantity, it's all about quality.

I have made the experience with a real cute and nice girl that I've unexpectedly met in quiet deserted bar. And I can tell you, I have spent a unforgettable night. She didn't even spoke a word of English. She was just and angel.

That's the real deal. Well spending some time in quiet street could be rewarding. It's like fishing, you have to patient ;-)

But Dick, I anyway owe you a beer. We'll have one in Lek’s Classroom, Honey Pot, or anywhere you like. ThaiTrav, if you are around in July, you're invited.

Dr. MAK

It could be a momentarily thing. You know the dry season is over, all hard core tourists, addicts and fans are gone.

I believe business will pick up back in July / August when holidays period starts in Europe and the US.

And I am sure it will be packed again in November / early December. Well there is no reason for the area to die out.

I will certainly stop at least an evening on my next stop.

Dr. MAK

July-August is (school) holiday season in Europe, but dead season in Pattaya.

Low season starts shortly after Songkran (traditional Thai New Year, 13th-15th April).

High season starts somewhere in November and the two or three weeks around Christmas and New Year can be called peak season.

However, tourism in Pattaya has never recovered from the blockade of both Bangkok airports by the yellow shirt mobs in November 2008.

Much less farangs since then and much more budget Russians (coming straight from Siberia to the military airport of Sattahip that was never closed).

Agree on the "time efficiency", and believe me that I intend to spend a lot of money on this trip (Budget 10,000 Baht/night), but as ThaiTrav mentioned, it's not about quantity, it's all about quality.

I have made the experience with a real cute and nice girl that I've unexpectedly met in quiet deserted bar. And I can tell you, I have spent a unforgettable night. She didn't even spoke a word of English. She was just and angel.

That's the real deal. Well spending some time in quiet street could be rewarding. It's like fishing, you have to patient ;-)

But Dick, I anyway owe you a beer. We'll have one in Lek’s Classroom, Honey Pot, or anywhere you like. ThaiTrav, if you are around in July, you're invited.

Dr. MAK

As I told there are thousands of bars and tens of thousands of available girls in greater Pattaya.

It is always possible to find a gem in an unexpected corner.

However, tourism in Pattaya has never recovered from the blockade of both Bangkok airports by the yellow shirt mobs in November 2008.

Much less farangs since then and much more budget Russians (coming straight from Siberia to the military airport of Sattahip that was never closed).

Do you think that Nov 2008 problems killed that much Pattaya's or even Thailand's tourism industry? I think that those who would love to go, will always visit.

In my opinion, it's more related to the global economic downturn than the local events. People in Europe and the US have way less money to spend, especially on holidays.

Of course protests and domestic trouble kills the tourism industry a bit, but it usually recovers after 6 to 8 month period.

Anyway, that Dick for you insightful information.

July-August is (school) holiday season in Europe, but dead season in Pattaya.

Low season starts shortly after Songkran (traditional Thai New Year, 13th-15th April).

High season starts somewhere in November and the two or three weeks around Christmas and New Year can be called peak season.

But how are things in low season? Ok, we know that Soi 2 and 3 are literally dead as you mentioned, but the bars are still open and the girls are still hanging around?

You mean that there are just fewer or even no farangs around. That's what you mean by dead.

Or it's simply in the low season, the girls tend also to go back home? So everything runs in slow motion or what? (Except Walking Street I presume).

Soi 2 and 3 used to be my favourite area with some great bars. Last time i was there it was dead, a great shame but maybe worth a try in case you see any hidden gems.

Do you think that Nov 2008 problems killed that much Pattaya's or even Thailand's tourism industry? I think that those who would love to go, will always visit.

In my opinion, it's more related to the global economic downturn than the local events. People in Europe and the US have way less money to spend, especially on holidays.

Of course protests and domestic trouble kills the tourism industry a bit, but it usually recovers after 6 to 8 month period.

Anyway, that Dick for you insightful information.

Business (at least business catering for mongers and for farangs) is less than half of what it was before November 2008.

Places that were crowded before are quiet now.

Places that were quiet before have disappeared.

Some places that were crowded before have disappeared too.

Until end 2007, Walking Street was really full of farangs (big spenders compared to others) and some Thais on New Year’s Eve.

Last New Year’s Eve (end 2010) I have seen only very few farangs, but lots of Thais and also more Russians and Arabs.

But how are things in low season? Ok, we know that Soi 2 and 3 are literally dead as you mentioned, but the bars are still open and the girls are still hanging around?

You mean that there are just fewer or even no farangs around. That's what you mean by dead.

Or it's simply in the low season, the girls tend also to go back home? So everything runs in slow motion or what? (Except Walking Street I presume).

In low season it is very quiet in Pattaya and most mongers are “expats” (that covers not only real expats working for multinationals, but also retirees, some serious businesspeople and a lot of, to say it politely, adventurers).

Most staff of bars and restaurants enjoy long holidays and many businesses struggle to survive.

For the remaining mongers this creates some opportunities.

Businesses in the Walking Street area are not much better off.

In December 2010 (in the so called high season) not less than 4 agogo’s had to close in the Walking Street area.

In low season it is very quiet in Pattaya and most mongers are “expats” (that covers not only real expats working for multinationals, but also retirees, some serious businesspeople and a lot of, to say it politely, adventurers).

Most staff of bars and restaurants enjoy long holidays and many businesses struggle to survive.

For the remaining mongers this creates some opportunities.

Businesses in the Walking Street area are not much better off.

In December 2010 (in the so called high season) not less than 4 agogo’s had to close in the Walking Street area.

Waow. I see your point now. I was there just a month ago (for the first time) and thought it was booming.

I can't imagine how the place looked like on peak seasons prior 2008. It must have been insane.

But on the other hand, as you have adequately put it, this creates some opportunities for mongers and adventurers.

They just take advantage of the offer and demand rule. With a large choice of bars, girls, agogo, ... just to pick, and lower tourist rate, prices will start crumbling.

However, if the business remains slow, some nice places will certainly shut down on the long run.

With high competition and lower farangs flocking into town, bars and agogo's alike will slowly shut close one after the other.

I hope things will change as of this year. Thailand needs it tourists.

Dr. MAK

Waow. I see your point now. I was there just a month ago (for the first time) and thought it was booming.

I can't imagine how the place looked like on peak seasons prior 2008. It must have been insane.

But on the other hand, as you have adequately put it, this creates some opportunities for mongers and adventurers.

They just take advantage of the offer and demand rule. With a large choice of bars, girls, agogo, ... just to pick, and lower tourist rate, prices will start crumbling.

However, if the business remains slow, some nice places will certainly shut down on the long run.

With high competition and lower farangs flocking into town, bars and agogo's alike will slowly shut close one after the other.

I hope things will change as of this year. Thailand needs it tourists.

Dr. MAK

Never forget the Thai version of the Law of Supply and Demand:

The fewer customers, the higher the prices.

What makes sense to a farang, does not always do to a Thai.

Sounds like it is worth a tour...

:Beer1:

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Never forget the Thai version of the Law of Supply and Demand:

The fewer customers, the higher the prices.

What makes sense to a farang, does not always do to a Thai.

:-) I see, so the Thai version is 1/(supply vs demand). I do understand that they want to meet their financial target.

But, you can still Smile, say Thank you, and walk out. I am curious to see what will happen.

No hustling, not a word, a genuine smiling will do. They usually quickly reconsider.

Unless they want to nail you ass. In that case, what's the point of doing business.

Good point though Dick. Appreciate your experience.

I really would like to experience that. Hope I will have the opportunity to learn.

Thx.

:-) I see, so the Thai version is 1/(supply vs demand). I do understand that they want to meet their financial target.

But, you can still Smile, say Thank you, and walk out. I am curious to see what will happen.

No hustling, not a word, a genuine smiling will do. They usually quickly reconsider.

Unless they want to nail you ass. In that case, what's the point of doing business.

Good point though Dick. Appreciate your experience.

I really would like to experience that. Hope I will have the opportunity to learn.

Thx.

Indeed, their “logic” is that they have to earn the same money from fewer customers.

They will have to learn the hard way.

The Thai version of the Law of Supply and Demand applies not only to mongering, but to all domains of life.

They have an approach that is completely different from us westerners.

When a Thai mentions the price of his house, he will include the interests on his loans.

Most Thais, just like Americans, also buy nearly everything on credit (cars, televisions, mobiles, washing machines).

For second hand cars they will try to get stupid prices, because they want to earn their investment back.

For very old cars (over 10 years old and over 200,000 km) they still want to get enough ... for the down payment of a preferably much bigger car.

You will see lots of houses for sale for many, many years.

They are just too stubborn to lower the price.

They just think that, with the help of Buddha, some day an idiot will show up and pay the price.

You cannot beat them.

Indeed, their “logic” is that they have to earn the same money from fewer customers.

They will have to learn the hard way.

The Thai version of the Law of Supply and Demand applies not only to mongering, but to all domains of life.

They have an approach that is completely different from us westerners.

When a Thai mentions the price of his house, he will include the interests on his loans.

Most Thais, just like Americans, also buy nearly everything on credit (cars, televisions, mobiles, washing machines).

For second hand cars they will try to get stupid prices, because they want to earn their investment back.

For very old cars (over 10 years old and over 200,000 km) they still want to get enough ... for the down payment of a preferably much bigger car.

You will see lots of houses for sale for many, many years.

They are just too stubborn to lower the price.

They just think that, with the help of Buddha, some day an idiot will show up and pay the price.

You cannot beat them.

I see the logic. Well, the only way their strategy will succeed, is as you adequately put it, an idiot or a naive shows up and pays the price.

But if all Thai people think like that, they will commonly create a deadlock for everybody, including themselves. Would you go to a place, or buy an item knowing that you will screwed over? I don't think so.

On the other hand, westerners (or anyone with quite some money), have alternatives, trust me. They will move along. The bad news, is that they spread the word faster than you can imagine.

Why do you think the Chinese are making fortunes today. For the simple fact that they got the trick. The cheaper they can sell you something, the more you will running after them, the more you will buy, the more they make money.

With a high cash flow, you are the king of the world. With the cash they are generating, they are actually buying the world today. Even the west.

There is no point trying being smarter than your 'customer', or at least the person who's trying to give you the money. Sooner or later, you will be the one left behind.

Let's put it this way, imagined you went to a bar (on Soi 3 :-) and you have spent a great evening. Drinks where cheaper than the surrounding bars, and service was nice. Would you go back again? You CERTAINLY would.

But if you enter the same bar, and you feel that the bar owner is trying to round up his month on your beer; you will have 1, and politely leave. The problem is that he did not only lose a customer, but also the chance of him returning back (with his friends).

Same for car and property. If they keep cranking up the prices, by adding the interest rate and a profit on top. Their entire assets will collapse. A good example: the recent sub-prime crisis in the US.

Well, if they are too stubborn to lower the prices, they will learn it the hard way like everybody else.

Anyway, I hope I will have the opportunity to make the experience. Even if I loose a bit of cash, I would have learned something with that money.

Cheers Dick, Hope to see you soon.

Dr. MAK

I see the logic. Well, the only way their strategy will succeed, is as you adequately put it, an idiot or a naive shows up and pays the price.

But if all Thai people think like that, they will commonly create a deadlock for everybody, including themselves. Would you go to a place, or buy an item knowing that you will screwed over? I don't think so.

On the other hand, westerners (or anyone with quite some money), have alternatives, trust me. They will move along. The bad news, is that they spread the word faster than you can imagine.

Why do you think the Chinese are making fortunes today. For the simple fact that they got the trick. The cheaper they can sell you something, the more you will running after them, the more you will buy, the more they make money.

With a high cash flow, you are the king of the world. With the cash they are generating, they are actually buying the world today. Even the west.

There is no point trying being smarter than your 'customer', or at least the person who's trying to give you the money. Sooner or later, you will be the one left behind.

Let's put it this way, imagined you went to a bar (on Soi 3 :-) and you have spent a great evening. Drinks where cheaper than the surrounding bars, and service was nice. Would you go back again? You CERTAINLY would.

But if you enter the same bar, and you feel that the bar owner is trying to round up his month on your beer; you will have 1, and politely leave. The problem is that he did not only lose a customer, but also the chance of him returning back (with his friends).

Same for car and property. If they keep cranking up the prices, by adding the interest rate and a profit on top. Their entire assets will collapse. A good example: the recent sub-prime crisis in the US.

Well, if they are too stubborn to lower the prices, they will learn it the hard way like everybody else.

Anyway, I hope I will have the opportunity to make the experience. Even if I loose a bit of cash, I would have learned something with that money.

Cheers Dick, Hope to see you soon.

Dr. MAK

I fully agree with you, but there are still lots of idiots coming to Patts and to Thailand for that reason.

On the other hand, the current government is aiming at “high end” tourists and you see what they get: less farangs and more budget Russians, Arabs, Pakistani and the like.

my pennies worth. my experience of Feb 2011

North Pattaya is a great place lets start near soi4/second road with Utoo bar great place to play pool and some nice girls too but most have moved on to Atlantic Bar 150 yards towards soi 3 and the i would rate the girls at atlantic 8/10 in the same complex of bars you also have Cherry Bar on the corner of Soi 3/second road also 8/10. on the other corner you have Maximum gogo, they had a live band most nights not sure why but did have a few tasty girls inside 7/10. next door you have Krit bar which also has a live band some nights but girls no all that.

down soi 3 heading towards beach road. you will find a few massage parlours but the best is the one on the right just before Sunshine Vista hotel a proper massage place. go further down and you come to a bar complex here i would recommend Nun / New Star / Jasmin bar thses have some nice girls the best being Jasmin bar, as someone earlier mentioned about looking for nice cuties here was a bar that had some, missed out on one because some guy BF'd one for a month and she was a stunner.

I will post a few pics up tomorrow of the bars girls in that area.

those who are level 2 members on the Secrets board can view the the Full array of pics on there titled Pattaya - AC - Pattaya.

go further down and you come to a bar complex here i would recommend Nun / New Star / Jasmin bar thses have some nice girls the best being Jasmin bar, as someone earlier mentioned about looking for nice cuties here was a bar that had some, missed out on one because some guy BF'd one for a month and she was a stunner.

I have just got back from a 3 week trip and Jasmin bar was a little gold mine , typical open beer bar only had 8-9 girls but 6-7 are lookers. The owner (jasmin) is a pain in the arse when shes pissed but the mamasan Jiap is as nice a mamasan as you could meet.

I ventured into a heap of gogos that didnt have half the amount of lookers jasmin bar had.

I think Jiap has a direct line to the Issan bargirl factory , she gets them young , she told me she had five more girls coming next week.

jasmin bar ....? dont no it but sounds right up my street

is it on soi 2 or 3

there in 4 weeks staying at sabai lodge soi 2

lots of great bars cant wait now >>>>>

jasmin bar ....? dont no it but sounds right up my street

is it on soi 2 or 3

there in 4 weeks staying at sabai lodge soi 2

lots of great bars cant wait now >>>>>

Its on Soi3 , its at the back of the beer bar complex halfway down soi 3.

It seems to me that it could be a hit and miss bar, when i was there it had 9 girls who had been working between 3 days and 5 weeks probably on 2-3,000 baht a month , the girls are too good to be working a small bar like this and once they have been in town for a while it wont work take them long to work out they can earn triple that in Walking Street.

But she said she has another bus load arriving soon and she does take good care of her girls at one stage we had 7 of the girls tied up playing pool and fooling around and their was 2 left out , the mamasan approached me and asked if if we could buy the two being left out a lady drink and she would give us our next few drinks free.

And how is this for service on my last day i was really sick , had bad diaroah and throwing up , one of the girls from the bar rang me and asked how i was feeling i said no good , 20 minutes later theres a knock on my hotel room door and one of the girls from the bar is their with a bag of , Antiobotics,gaestro medicine, electrolites, immodioum etc all purchased from the chemist . The mamasan had sent a girl around to nurse and look after me , didnt want a barfine or any money for the medicine.

I had probably spent 6,000 baht in the bar over 3-4 nights and they treated me like a king.

sorry just read above details

i no the bar area very well

drink at the 3rd bar on left towards the beach end soi3

lots of great girls in there

also bar set back in the middle always has some young hot ladys

and at second road end of soi3

was chaplins but now melodies or was back in september only have 5 or 6 girls

but stunners and work hard for the money ;-)

Have never spent much time in this area, but based on the comments above will have to give it the once over next weekend when I hit town

Thanks for the heads up Guys

Spent 2 weeks there last month. Plenty around and as a last resort you have Welkom Inn.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Archived