IGNORED

What's special on Soi 2 and 3

Dr MAK

Sabai Lodge is a good hotel, i spend my days by their pool even though i no longer stay there. The bars have all gone now, but there are some on soi 3 although ot really my cup of tea!!

Yes any one can use the pool although maybe not officially! I don't think they really mind so long as you are spending money at the bar!! I haven't stayed there in years but i still go to the pool every day, just walk in and look confident! If any one asks just say you are staying in the Sabai Inn across the road. Its the same company so guests there are allowed to use the pol.

Last summer i went the pool every day and some days i was the only person there so i think they are happy for the custom!

Any probs just say big Si said it was ok!! :GoldenSmile1:

Some thing's baby i just can't swallow,

Momma told me that girls are hollow..

Uhuhh...whats inside a girl....?? Lux Interior

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/91866-first-port-of-call/page__fromsearch__1

CountdownClockCodes.com

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes any one can use the pool although maybe not officially! I don't think they really mind so long as you are spending money at the bar!! I haven't stayed there in years but i still go to the pool every day, just walk in and look confident! If any one asks just say you are staying in the Sabai Inn across the road. Its the same company so guests there are allowed to use the pol.

Last summer i went the pool every day and some days i was the only person there so i think they are happy for the custom!

Any probs just say big Si said it was ok!! :GoldenSmile1:

good man...i noticed on sabai inns web-site that you could use the facilities the lodge..cheers

hehe, I never thought of that... clever. ;-)

may be I am visiting my old sabai lodge pool again after all.

thx

Any probs just say big Si said it was ok!! GoldenSmile1.gif

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice thread. Thanks to all BM's for sharing your info and pics, ...I will scoot over there next time and check it out.

jinx

Catch my first report ;               Catch my third report ;

Drinker Tailor Sober Thai     The Place Beyond The Fines. 

Catch my second report ;        My final report :

The Monger Games            Final Random Acts 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey. I was literally in tears when I saw photos of soi 2 beer bars area being torn down last year. There used to be so many great bars there. One I remember and many bar fines after was Cozy Bar run by a nice German dude named Michael..long hair. But there were so many bars concentrated in that one area. I considered it to be the soi 7 and soi 8 of the hay days of north pattaya. Those bar owners started to branch out into around soi 4 and 5 area with new bars around 7 years ago maybe. I think they,the bar owners read writing on the wall by then...maybe they knew that the LEASE was up or something.

But partying in those soi 7 and 8 and soi 2 beer bars were bar none the best of times if you like to hang out..outside. A lot less pressure than the go go bars.

What a shame about soi 8. Everything is going down hill I think. I think soi 7 still has that magic. What I mean about magic is ....you need to walk down the soi to realize how wonderful it is to have girls tugging at you into their establishments and the fun fair that comes along with it....you know....the flirting and shit.

But what do I know!! Have not been there in 2 years...holding out for my retirement in year and a half so.....but I do know this.

PATTAYA AIN'T WHAT IT USED TO BE 15 years ago. wowowowow

p.s. lol One of my pals went to Pattaya a year ago and boasted about the walking st action. Did he go anywhere else? NOOOOO.

I told him. You ain't seen nothing YET Pattaya is huge. NOW with soi buakow a to other areas.

chok dii beer chang

Hey. I was literally in tears when I saw photos of soi 2 beer bars area being torn down last year. There used to be so many great bars there. One I remember and many bar fines after was Cozy Bar run by a nice German dude named Michael..long hair. But there were so many bars concentrated in that one area. I considered it to be the soi 7 and soi 8 of the hay days of north pattaya. Those bar owners started to branch out into around soi 4 and 5 area with new bars around 7 years ago maybe. I think they,the bar owners read writing on the wall by then...maybe they knew that the LEASE was up or something.

But partying in those soi 7 and 8 and soi 2 beer bars were bar none the best of times if you like to hang out..outside. A lot less pressure than the go go bars.

What a shame about soi 8. Everything is going down hill I think. I think soi 7 still has that magic. What I mean about magic is ....you need to walk down the soi to realize how wonderful it is to have girls tugging at you into their establishments and the fun fair that comes along with it....you know....the flirting and shit.

But what do I know!! Have not been there in 2 years...holding out for my retirement in year and a half so.....but I do know this.

PATTAYA AIN'T WHAT IT USED TO BE 15 years ago. wowowowow

p.s. lol One of my pals went to Pattaya a year ago and boasted about the walking st action. Did he go anywhere else? NOOOOO.

I told him. You ain't seen nothing YET Pattaya is huge. NOW with soi buakow a to other areas.

chok dii beer chang

I'm glad you remember Cosy Bar. I've mentioned it before. At its peak it had girls of go go/Insomnia quality. And not just one or two. I remember it before Michael had it [if that's the German guys name]. I remember the previous Thai woman [i can picture her in my mind[. She had a [German?] farang too. I can't picture him, though. The TG who ran it with Michael was beautiful. I used to base myself in soi 2 just because of Cosy bar. Or I'd get a bike from soi 10 to soi 2. Many many great nights in there. As I've said before if you weren't there by 7pm you might struggle to get a seat. Orignal owners had german food [ so mustve been Gerrman bloke]. They had mango - sweet and sour. You'd be shoulder to shoulder with Europeans of all nations. I loved that bar.

you haven't any fotos by any chance have you? ive none sadly. hardly anyone seems to remember this bar at its peak which is weird considering how good it was. ive google without joy for decent photos.

Went to soi 3 near the beach to the beer bar area there last new years eve.Had great time.

I'm glad you remember Cosy Bar. I've mentioned it before. At its peak it had girls of go go/Insomnia quality. And not just one or two. I remember it before Michael had it [if that's the German guys name]. I remember the previous Thai woman [i can picture her in my mind[. She had a [German?] farang too. I can't picture him, though. The TG who ran it with Michael was beautiful. I used to base myself in soi 2 just because of Cosy bar. Or I'd get a bike from soi 10 to soi 2. Many many great nights in there. As I've said before if you weren't there by 7pm you might struggle to get a seat. Orignal owners had german food [ so mustve been Gerrman bloke]. They had mango - sweet and sour. You'd be shoulder to shoulder with Europeans of all nations. I loved that bar.

you haven't any fotos by any chance have you? ive none sadly. hardly anyone seems to remember this bar at its peak which is weird considering how good it was. ive google without joy for decent photos.

Hey Mono man. Actually I do have tons of pics somewhere.especially from Cozy Bar. But and there's a big but....they are all hard copies. Real photos and they are so hard to transfer if you know what I mean. I was real close to throwing them out. ...will soon before my BIG MOVE to Pattaya for my retirement.

Soi 2 beer bar area will forever stay with me as soi 7 and soi8 as the best partying spots on earth.

Not like the go go's if you know what I mean.

Have been back many times,many years,almost 15 years but the closest thing to Soi 2 area I could think of is Soi 7. Soi 8 was dead the last time there.

Can't compare with soi buakow or walking st area so it seems. but that's just my opinion

changing of times

good luck Chang beer

Hey Mono man. Actually I do have tons of pics somewhere.especially from Cozy Bar. But and there's a big but....they are all hard copies. Real photos and they are so hard to transfer if you know what I mean. I was real close to throwing them out. ...will soon before my BIG MOVE to Pattaya for my retirement.

Soi 2 beer bar area will forever stay with me as soi 7 and soi8 as the best partying spots on earth.

Not like the go go's if you know what I mean.

Have been back many times,many years,almost 15 years but the closest thing to Soi 2 area I could think of is Soi 7. Soi 8 was dead the last time there.

Can't compare with soi buakow or walking st area so it seems. but that's just my opinion

changing of times

good luck Chang beer

If you're in the UK I'll scan the photos for you and email you the jpgs and let you have the photos back by RD. Just pm me and we'll work something out. I've an Epson scanner at home as I still shoot on film so scan my own stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if the city authorities have plans to turn the area north of Central Road into a family oriented area by closing down the ever quietening P2P scene that still exists there at present.That would effectively create 2 distinctly different Pattayas(North and South) c/w Signs warning Non Mongers that 'You Are Now Entering The P2P Zone'.

Such a plan wouldn't surprise me to see the Pattaya South P2P scene spread even further inland from WS.

We shall see...

I wonder if the city authorities have plans to turn the area north of Central Road into a family oriented area by closing down the ever quietening P2P scene that still exists there at present.That would effectively create 2 distinctly different Pattayas(North and South) c/w Signs warning Non Mongers that 'You Are Now Entering The P2P Zone'.

Such a plan wouldn't surprise me to see the Pattaya South P2P scene spread even further inland from WS.

We shall see...

I think it's accepted now that they're pushing the scene further from Beach Road. I suppose it depends how far they want it away. As far as Buakhao or over to the Darkside? Maybe just WS and a few controlled areas.

Is there much left in North Pattaya? Soi 6 and Soi 2 was the main reason to go up there - and the 2 soapies and Welkomm Inn. Wouldn't surprise me to see those all go.

I think I must have some pics of Cozy bar somewhere from 7-8(?) years ago when we held a birthdayparty there. will have a look if they're any good to post. At its haydays these bars were known for their quality bg's there, How I miss the days

I think I must have some pics of Cozy bar somewhere from 7-8(?) years ago when we held a birthdayparty there. will have a look if they're any good to post. At its haydays these bars were known for their quality bg's there, How I miss the days

That bar was quality at its peak. 2004/5 your fotos then? I think it was still rockin then. see if you can put some up pls.

• 1 year later...

Some guys don't think there is much action down soi 2 or 3 but I can tell you the best beer bar is the one that has the cute girl who wants to go home with you. I have had many pleasurable experiences with girls from these bars..More time to talk, friendly and a nice atmosphere. Take a stroll down there sometime and stop and say hi, you will see what I mean.

Oh just a recommendation...directly opposite soi 3 and second road there is an out door food hall serving some of the best thai food I have tasted. You might get a lot of the lady boys from the Alcatraz show sitting down with you but that is ok..you are there to eat.

i also just love the thai food at  out door food hall  , love the awesome thai curry's and rice

• 1 year later...

here are a ton of good beer bars up in that area.

There are, and I always  loved walking  past them to get to Beach road, and listen to  the sounds of the ladies calling out for me to come in. :GoldenSmile1:  :Bye5:

There are, and I always  loved walking  past them to get to Beach road, and listen to  the sounds of the ladies calling out for me to come in. :GoldenSmile1:  :Bye5:

Like sirens on the rocks,calling out to sailors and impending doom! :Grin3:

Like sirens on the rocks,calling out to sailors and impending doom! :Grin3:

I always knew there was something fishy about them :WinkGrin1:  :WinkGrin1:  :WinkGrin1:

Archived