IGNORED

Bad experience on soi diana

Is Jim Bar still operating, As my girl, i see there occasionally emailed me saying she has moved to another bar. She did not say why, but i suspect it was through lack of customers!

Thanks for this warning about jims bar, I have also had various annoying experiences, just chose a bar sit down buy a beer for myself, cheeky girl sits down says hello next thing one lady drink on my tab, girl gets up and leaves within seconds , I way up situ pay and leave, cashier says see you again ,I scowl and say I dont think so and never go back, so what has this cost them in lost buisness, there was only one guy in the place, I was prepared to have a few , cos sometimes I like to drink in a bar with just a couple of girls and get the attention and yes buy a few drinks for them and stayed for hours having fun till light sometimes.

Also been stuck with the bill joining a thai bar owner and his wife and another Thai couple and freind, no mention of splitting the bill all looked to me to pay it, lucky it was pretty affordable and I paid it , but my estimation of those involved plummeted,and I am thankful of the cheap useful lesson, as it has helped me prevent and avoid similar situations, I can be genorous, but no likes to suckered, but we all drop our guard sometimes, well I feel better for a rant, peace out.

• 2 weeks later...

Paying and leaving is IMHO the right thing to do. I have seen farangs argue and actually fight with motorcycle taxis and taxi drivers over less baht than 900 and without question always end up losing due to thais coming out of the woodwork in their defence. 1000 baht is a small price to pay for leaning a bar is not friendly and calling it quits.

• 2 weeks later...

well it seems a bar better avoided, i think you did the right thing in the end calling in the cops can add a bit of money to the first scam

• 4 weeks later...

I just had another thought re this

I sometimes stay the Lollipop Bar near there which is a great place by the way

I'm going to make sure I keep the bar number on my phone as I just thought then that I could phonr Robert or one of the girls to pop round and sort it

No way would I pay

Nothing in Soi diana ..unless your on your way to Bob's for some BBQ or that GoGo on the right...Papaagogo or someting...with the hot chicks dancing on the bar.

Edited by flying_guitars

"You only get two pieces of ass in your life. Your first and your last." Everything in between is extra gravy and I love extra gravy.

Thanks for the warning,I will never go to that bar.

If i would pay:I guess so just to avoid being chopped into little pieces.