IGNORED

Bad experience on soi diana

Praf,

If it's any consolation I walked past the bar in question last night at 1.30am and there was not a falang in there, in fact there rarely is. They must be struggling to stay in business, that's why they had you over. A lot of the punters in Pattaya are older retired blokes and do not know how to use a computer but of the readers of this forum I doubt that any would now give this place the time of day.

What attracted you into the dump in the first place may I ask?

Thanks, its consolation enough that so many of you guys have taken note! Ive always in the past made a point of stopping at very quiet beer bars, in fact these have been some of my best times and it wont put me off still doing it for example i usually venture right to the back of beer bar complexes like the two simon complexes and drinking street etc looking for nice bars in need of customers. I think some excellent advice raised here .. in future i will carry tourist police number on my phone and just call them instead of having a heated argument and then paying anyway.

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Praf,

If it's any consolation I walked past the bar in question last night at 1.30am and there was not a falang in there, in fact there rarely is. They must be struggling to stay in business, that's why they had you over. A lot of the punters in Pattaya are older retired blokes and do not know how to use a computer but of the readers of this forum I doubt that any would now give this place the time of day.

What attracted you into the dump in the first place may I ask?

Yep - I was by there too and both bars next to it were full and this big bar just sat there empty, with the exception of about 5 bar girls and 3 Thai guys. I rode up on my motorbike stopped for a second and just had to laugh! I think they knew what I was laughing at too!

thats bullshit on what they did to you i would of dropped 100 baht just to leave or force my way out

Thanks Praf for the warning there & like many posted b4 a bar to definately avoid and put on the "shit-list".

You faced a dilemma there and chose easier option & the un-scrupulous thai mamasan/owner taking advantage of you as they know they can try it on and get away with it sometimes - sends out bad signal as many other bars might try this as its gonna be very tough year in Thailand this year at least til Dec by my reckoning.

Best adice already given- stand your ground- call tourist police 1155- let them come deal with it & dont let the bad thais get away with it!!!

We should get a "shit-list" bar crawl on and just go into the bar next door policy!!!

Cheers 4 now,

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

• 2 weeks later...

Have never been in Jim's after the bar got this name, but in April I noticed lots of young girls and very few customers in the bar.

I have had many beers (50B) in the nabouring Luck Bar1 and Luck Bar2. Booth bars nice, quiet and friendly places.

All over Thailand You can call the Tourist Police with 1155.

Nothing in Thailand is 100% sure.

Have never been in Jim's after the bar got this name, but in April I noticed lots of young girls and very few customers in the bar.

I have had many beers (50B) in the nabouring Luck Bar1 and Luck Bar2. Booth bars nice, quiet and friendly places.

All over Thailand You can call the Tourist Police with 1155.

I too spent a lot of time in both the Luck bars especially Luck 1. I agree that they are nice, quiet and friendly bars. Strange that Jims Bar was mostly always devout of any customers??

Here is a picture I found on a website.

If this is not your photograph please give credit to the board member, photographer or website it was taken from.

I know of the bar and have stopped in their a couple of times and did not have any issues. But if this is the type of shit they are going to try and pull never again.

I would have called her bluff paid for the beer and walked out. Then she may or may not go on with the scam, If she went on with it and thing were getting out of control then pay the 1000 and call the tourist police. At the end of the day 1000 baht is not worth ruining a holiday over.

Thanks for letting us know and as others have said it will cost them a lot more in lost business than what they made buy ripping you off.

JD

happened to me once i was given a bill for 600bt more than it should have been,i guess it was lucky the guy that owed the bar was a brit so could talk stright to him about it,i ask him to exsplain how it got in my bin he try to bull shit i had the drinks and brough others after breaking down how i could not have had them drinks they took it out,i kept an eye on the bar girl that had the bill in her hand and when the time was right she put it in another bin of a very pissed guy and then i watch how he reacted he new to what was going on, the bar owner brit was on it to trying to rip of guys who look pissed and do not seem to notice extra bill going in the bin,

i now know the bar . i also had a beer in lucky 1 or lucky 2 before , i will report on this bar in sept . good luck prof.

I stayed many times at Areca Lodge and the bars opposite never were really full with customers as IMO the BG were old and not so beautifull. But this can happen to anyone everywhere. But it was a bit fault to pay anyway. OK you got out with no problems and loose only 1000 but or them it was a succes and will try to fool the next customer as well! So you have started a precedent.

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

I stayed many times at Areca lodge and the bars opposite never were really full with customers as IMO the BG were old and not so beautifull. But this can happen to anyone everywhere. But it was a bit fault to pay anyway. OK you got out with no problems and loose only 1000 but or them it was a succes and will try to fool the next customer as well! So you have started a precedent.

fair comment i thought just of myself .. but i try to make amends by warning people .. i dont stay in pattaya long enough to heal even a minor beating and every day of my holiday precious!

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

I know that this may not be the best solution, but can't I pay as I go?

That will be my plan (not sure if I will stick to it) when I am back at the end of July.

That will be my plan (not sure if I will stick to it) when I am back at the end of July.

Yeah you can but easier said than done sometimes when you are getting drunker etc.

Plus once you check bin they don't expect you to be buying another drink and so the service goes down hill.

i've said this before but i'll say it again. you CAN pay as you go along. i do this when i'm on a bender and have only x amount of baht on me.

3 things you'll encounter.

1. first time you do it they'll think you're leaving. just tell them no you pay every time.

2. after second round they'll STILL think you'e leaving when you pay even though you told them last time!!!

no big deal.

3. they'll ask for tip each time you pay. sayno and tip at end if you want.

it'll fool them paying each time. it's beyond them. but better that than being ripped.

Edited by MONOCHROMEMAN

this was a real joke. but not funny ha ha . they r trying this on because of the low number of customers. Its easy to say be tough but it can lead to big probs . exact same happened to a friend he declined to pay . this bar has a reputation . his rip off was only 250 baht . he was jostled by two males who appeared from nowhere. this was in late may . he was pushed to the ground and grased his knees. next day as he walked past they called him back into the bar . fxxxxxing amazing thailand .

i've said this before but i'll say it again. you CAN pay as you go along. i do this when i'm on a bender and have only x amount of baht on me.

3 things you'll encounter.

1. first time you do it they'll think you're leaving. just tell them no you pay every time.

2. after second round they'll STILL think you'e leaving when you pay even though you told them last time!!!

no big deal.

3. they'll ask for tip each time you pay. sayno and tip at end if you want.

it'll fool them paying each time. it's beyond them. but better that than being ripped.

even back home, if we are in a large group, there is always a good chance of getting ripped off when running a tab.

i just pay as i go, then no worries.

this was a real joke. but not funny ha ha . they r trying this on because of the low number of customers. Its easy to say be tough but it can lead to big probs . exact same happened to a friend he declined to pay . this bar has a reputation . his rip off was only 250 baht . he was jostled by two males who appeared from nowhere. this was in late may . he was pushed to the ground and grased his knees. next day as he walked past they called him back into the bar . fxxxxxing amazing thailand .

this is the problem, i bet he would have paid 250 baht to not have grazed knees for the rest of his trip!

they do this all the time. it's like tomorrow is a totally new day.

i used to drink at a bar in afternoons. one of few customers and the only regular. One day i order an iced coffee. put it to my lips and spat it out. they'd used boiling hot water [in a glass!] straight from the kettle and rancid milk. i refused it. they still wanted to charge. i paid and said i'd not return. so i never went back. yet every time i passed for weeks after they'd call my name. the very same women. withs looks on their face like "where's he going? why doesn't he sit here anymore" eejits.

i paid and said i'd not return. so i never went back. yet every time i passed for weeks after they'd call my name. the very same women. withs looks on their face like "where's he going? why doesn't he sit here anymore" eejits.

:LMAO1: That mentality (or lack of) just amazes me to the point of amusement.

I think I know those group of bar's, we walk past them every-time we go to Bob's BBQ...Hmmmm Bobs my mouth is watering just mentioning his BBQ.

As she gives you the checkbin with the 900 bt bill...Say" No Plopem"...I call my brother,he will come and give me the money , he works on Walking Street ..Him Tourist policeman...Walk towards the door , as your dialing on your mobile and walk off down the street never to return.

2nd thought's maybe pay the 1000 ...and leave with all your teeth intact

Edited by flying_guitars

"You only get two pieces of ass in your life. Your first and your last." Everything in between is extra gravy and I love extra gravy.