IGNORED

Bad experience on soi diana

thanks for posting

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

hi prof974, as i stay/drink in this area when in los , i would like to be clear about where the bar is ...

as you walk up soi diana towards soi bouckow there are a group of ten/fifteen bars in a cluster, beyond that there is an entrance to a hotel and then as far as i remember there are about three beer bars set in from the road, nearly opposite the pharmacy at the entrance to LK Metro . one of these bars have scary looking lbs in them.

is it one of these bars ond if so , which one... or is it one of the cluster, and again which one????

thanks for taking the time to read this and sorry to be long winded!!!!

Im going to go against the majority here as there is no way I would have paid it. I would have paid for my drink and left without leaving a tip.

By paying you have only encouraged them to do it again and possibly other bars as well.

Al.

Used this bar a lot last year. Never saw any funny stuff.

This girl in the centre of this pic was running it last August.

Is she still running the place?

IMG_0674-1 (Small).JPG

Im going to go against the majority here as there is no way I would have paid it. I would have paid for my drink and left without leaving a tip.

By paying you have only encouraged them to do it again and possibly other bars as well.

Al.

Same thoughts here. I'm not saying anyone should do what I'd do, but my personality would not have allowed me to pay a blatant, lazy and unimaginative shake down like that. The mamasan might as well have walked up to a stranger on the street and demanded 1,000 baht. That's how outrageous this scam sounds. It's nearly too out of line to be true, even for Pattaya.

Used this bar a lot last year. Never saw any funny stuff.

This girl in the centre of this pic was running it last August.

Is she still running the place?

IMG_0674-1 (Small).JPG

yes thats the bar directly opposite Areca Lodge .. to be honest i was in there 5 mins max, it could be her but my memory for thai faces isnt good id have to go back in to confirm , which id rather not do!

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Same thoughts here. I'm not saying anyone should do what I'd do, but my personality would not have allowed me to pay a blatant, lazy and unimaginative shake down like that. The mamasan might as well have walked up to a stranger on the street and demanded 1,000 baht. That's how outrageous this scam sounds. It's nearly too out of line to be true, even for Pattaya.

i know what your saying, ive gone over what happened in my head trying to think of some way i was at fault, and maybe i could have handled it differently .. its just too out of line, like she approached me in the street and demanded 1000 baht! but this lady was determined she wasnt just trying her luck, she wasnt going to let me walk away without a serious argument at least. and why 900 baht? it was so over the top for 3 or 4 staff in an empty bar it just couldnt even be reasoned with, and noone was even holding drinks and noone had thanked me for any drinks. why didnt i just walk away, i think because it was dark and quiet and everyone was shouting (including me) .. i just decided to end it quickly and easily (cowardice probably) by paying.

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

The next time there is a Friday night bar crawl in this area. It would almost be worth the bar crawl stopping off at the bar next to Jim's beer bar. It would be great seeing the faces of the girls from Jim's bar when all the guys go next door for a beer.

i know what your saying, ive gone over what happened in my head trying to think of some way i was at fault, and maybe i could have handled it differently .. its just too out of line, like she approached me in the street and demanded 1000 baht! but this lady was determined she wasnt just trying her luck, she wasnt going to let me walk away without a serious argument at least. and why 900 baht? it was so over the top for 3 or 4 staff in an empty bar it just couldnt even be reasoned with, and noone was even holding drinks and noone had thanked me for any drinks. why didnt i just walk away, i think because it was dark and quiet and everyone was shouting (including me) .. i just decided to end it quickly and easily (cowardice probably) by paying.

I think you did the right thing and your post has now cost them a hell of a lot more than the money they took from you.

That happens to be my favourite drinking bar and I know most of the girls very well. I have never had a problem in there and I drink there every day during my trips to Pattaya.

I and others have now been warned and we can make our own decisions about whether to patronise this bar in future or not. I appreciate the warning and there are plenty of other bars happy to take our baht.

The next time there is a Friday night bar crawl in this area. It would almost be worth the bar crawl stopping off at the bar next to Jim's beer bar. It would be great seeing the faces of the girls from Jim's bar when all the guys go next door for a beer.

Brilliant idea! I'm tempted to come to town just to yell at them!

Brilliant idea! I'm tempted to come to town just to yell at them!

I think there's a famous saying "Don't get angry just get even" or something to that effect. So wouldnt it be great if a gang of guys went to the bar next door and all had at least one beer there before moving on. It would really piss off the mamasan of jims beer bar. Particularly now when Pattaya is quiet.

let's say there was 10 guys and they each had the own check bin. Each guy has one beer and whilst there if there was a pool table mabe a couple of guys play a couple of games of pool with the girls that work in the bar. 20 baht a game would be charged by the bar. And when everybody checked bin they all left a 20 baht tip which would go to the girls at the end of the night when the tip money is shared out.

I think there's a famous saying "Don't get angry just get even" or something to that effect. So wouldnt it be great if a gang of guys went to the bar next door and all had at least one beer there before moving on. It would really piss off the mamasan of jims beer bar. Particularly now when Pattaya is quiet.

The thing is that they forget we have a network just like they have a network.

I like your plan; if there was some way you could let them know B1000 beers is not appreciated, that would at least let them clearly know why they're on the shit-list.

I wouldnt even argue, just pay my beer and leave.

Al.

Agreed.

If she aint whoring she's boring!

It's nice to be nice :)

a warning to you guys .. stopped for a beer in one of those open front bars on soi diana called jims beer bar (opposite areca lodge), sat at a table facing out onto the road and ordered a beer which arrived plus bin. minutes later after having maybe 3 or 4 sips of the beer a second bin arrived for 900 baht!!! i said whats this .. mamasan says you buy drinks for ladies, well i honestly thought she was joking with me so i tried to laugh it off .. but no her face didnt change at all!! my mind was racing a bit .. i hadnt spoken to anyone or looked at any of girls, id noticed them but wasnt interested i was just sitting facing out to the road! maybe i had accidently bumped into the bell? but no there was no bell near me ... wait a minute i thought 900 baht thats like 9 lady drinks but only 3 or 4 staff there!! ok it dawned on me i was being shaken down .. this is a first for me ive had bill padding and extra drinks arriving for girls im talking to which ive always paid without much fuss, i just put it down as the price to pay for a good few weeks holiday ... but this was something entirely different and for the first time on 20 years coming here i started to lose my temper, i threatened to call the police and voices were raised things started to turn ugly. something at the back of my mind told me this needed to be defused immediately as there were other thais watching the argument and i thought probably 1000 baht wasnt that bad to get a quick exit. I got out my wallet handed over 1000 baht and left (without even finishing my beer). Watch out guys i think some of the beer bars are really struggling at the moment.

when did this happen, cause funny enough, I have a girl from this bar in my bed now!

29th june. Only problem is i go home tomorrow, although I have copied your post and emailed it to my girl for her to show bar lady!

This sort of thing has happened to me twice ,i just paid up and left.

Just do not go back to that bar,why cause more frustration while on a holiday and spend your time trying to get 900 baht back.Consider them dogs not you.

you can get ripped of anywhere in the world.

Don't bother with police, but tell them you will call tourist police.

Not a bad idea to store their number into your cell.

Good advise !!

I stored both numbers of the police in my phone. Helped me once when I was attacked by a drunk pick-up driver who tried to act like Rambo. They took him to the police station and “fined’ him 2 K. His wife was furious with him.

In this particular case, I would not give in so easily, I’d call the tourist police and let them deal with it.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Good advise !!

I stored both numbers of the police in my phone. Helped me once when I was attacked by a drunk pick-up driver who tried to act like Rambo. They took him to the police station and “fined’ him 2 K. His wife was furious with him.

In this particular case, I would not give in so easily, I’d call the tourist police and let them deal with it.

Whats the tourist police number when calling in patts.

Thanks,

Whats the tourist police number when calling in patts.

Thanks,

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

I would have smiled put 100 in my bin for the beer and left. As soon as you argue they know they got a chance.

when did this happen, cause funny enough, I have a girl from this bar in my bed now!

29th june. Only problem is i go home tomorrow, although I have copied your post and emailed it to my girl for her to show bar lady!

it was 25th i think, i allowed myself a few days to calm down and give a reasoned report. i really hope your girl passes it on to her boss at least me having not gone to the tourist police she will now know she cant pull this kind of crap without some consequences ..

it was 25th i think, i allowed myself a few days to calm down and give a reasoned report. i really hope your girl passes it on to her boss at least me having not gone to the tourist police she will now know she cant pull this kind of crap without some consequences ..

About what time was it? And I assume if voices were raised, everyone in bar would have been aware of a commotion taking place!

Even so, I cant see any of the girls admitting to it, as it is not in their interest, to lose customer from a bar that they depend on for a living!

about 12pm i would guess .. when diana gets a bit quieter and people have moved onto the gogos and Walking Street, everyone was certainly aware of the commotion, but agreed id expect a flat denial. btw whats the most expensive lady drink in there 225 baht?

Ive always stayed in the LK Metro area, and drank in the bars along that row opposite the Areca and know the bar you mean.

Is most definately on my shit list - sorry to hear about your experience but i hope that this hurts their business..

a warning to you guys .. stopped for a beer in one of those open front bars on soi diana called jims beer bar (opposite areca lodge), sat at a table facing out onto the road and ordered a beer which arrived plus bin. minutes later after having maybe 3 or 4 sips of the beer a second bin arrived for 900 baht!!! i said whats this .. mamasan says you buy drinks for ladies, well i honestly thought she was joking with me so i tried to laugh it off .. but no her face didnt change at all!! my mind was racing a bit .. i hadnt spoken to anyone or looked at any of girls, id noticed them but wasnt interested i was just sitting facing out to the road! maybe i had accidently bumped into the bell? but no there was no bell near me ... wait a minute i thought 900 baht thats like 9 lady drinks but only 3 or 4 staff there!! ok it dawned on me i was being shaken down .. this is a first for me ive had bill padding and extra drinks arriving for girls im talking to which ive always paid without much fuss, i just put it down as the price to pay for a good few weeks holiday ... but this was something entirely different and for the first time on 20 years coming here i started to lose my temper, i threatened to call the police and voices were raised things started to turn ugly. something at the back of my mind told me this needed to be defused immediately as there were other thais watching the argument and i thought probably 1000 baht wasnt that bad to get a quick exit. I got out my wallet handed over 1000 baht and left (without even finishing my beer). Watch out guys i think some of the beer bars are really struggling at the moment.

Praf,

If it's any consolation I walked past the bar in question last night at 1.30am and there was not a falang in there, in fact there rarely is. They must be struggling to stay in business, that's why they had you over. A lot of the punters in Pattaya are older retired blokes and do not know how to use a computer but of the readers of this forum I doubt that any would now give this place the time of day.

What attracted you into the dump in the first place may I ask?