IGNORED

Canterbury Tales Guesthouse

Daveo

Hi,did you have this books also in german ???

Have a look in in nov.Cheers.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

• 3 weeks later...

HI Fellow ex-pats, we have a bookshop here in Pattaya and are always looking to source more stock so we buy books for cash or trade books so if you have any unwanted books please drop me a line or pop in the Bookshop.

I will buy or trade in almost any books depending on age, condition, Author, we have over 35,000 books in stock in English, German, French, Dutch, Scandinavian, on most subjects, Fiction, non Fiction, Sport, Politics, History, Travel, War, True crime, human interest etc etc.

Any books purchased in the bookshop are subject to a 50% of the purchase price back in credit off the next book/s.

Cheers Dave

attachicon.gifmap 2Aa (8)ss copy copy copy.jpgattachicon.gifPicture s0aggggggggg6 copy.jpg attachicon.gifThailand fever 2.jpgattachicon.gifStephenLeatherPrivateDancer.jpgattachicon.gifbooks 011.jpgattachicon.gifjohn burdett.jpgattachicon.gifNight fal leather.jpgattachicon.giffront_0510336.jpg

Excuse me - I do not understand. If I were to come with... lets say 20 swedish books. And say "Hey - David, here are some books!"" What would happen?

Excuse me - I do not understand. If I were to come with... lets say 20 swedish books. And say "Hey - David, here are some books!"" What would happen?

All the non English Language books are in a 2nd shop just a few yards along from the English bookshop opposite side of the soi

https://goo.gl/maps/SZGah what would happen is you would be offered credit for your books to use to buy our books, we offer credit to a price depending on age, Author, codition etc.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Been a long time since your last tube clip.

Time for a new one me thinks.

JDM

• Like 2

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

• 4 months later...

This room available briefly from 17th Feb to 25th Feb then again from late Feb 2016

Website small 5aaA.jpg

• 1 month later...

Some of the books in today

51sWkSyeytL._SX309_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg51rJKIrPqIL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg51uzvkSfNTL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg6882484.jpgPLANTE.jpgRUBEN.jpgSANSOM.jpgGIBBINS.jpgbig books small.jpg

I'll call in.in April as I know you have a great selection.

Robw

• 3 months later...

More than just a bookshop.

AAAAAAfront sticker bookmark small.jpg

50% small.jpg

on all books returned.

new banner aaa Smaller AAa.jpg

Rooms from 350 per night include A/C, Free WiFi etc etc

Some books in today.

41IR6jpWr8L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg51Asytpdm-L._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg51KMHmdkkkL._SX315_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg$_1.JPG51Mb1vdGoAL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg51Ym44LNYOL._SX317_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• 2 months later...

This room available now

website smal 1C.jpg

I think I'll give that one the elbow-of-God, Thanks !  :SoWhat1: 

Apropos of nothing, Ricardo-Junior just passed his driving-test with 49 out of 50, and reckons that the examiner was wrong about the 50th-question  ...  were WE ever that young and know-it-all  ...  before we matured to the current point, where we do know it all ? :GoldenSmile1:

My heart goes out today to Dave owner of Canterbury Tales , I wasnt aware of his terminal illness .

Seeing him today after 3 years i didnt recognise him.

He is now more or less requirung assistance with walking etc so didnt stay very long before he went home

if there is A God up there i hope he is listening .

We are all thinking of you during this difficult time Dave.

image.png

Edited by badboybilly

You Tube vlogger Star...Kev was up at the Tales today..along with CT owner Dave.

Kev's has a become a star with his Pattaya Youtube info vids.

20160822_163550.jpg

Edited by badboybilly
  • Like 2

You Tube vlogger Star...Kev was up at the Tales today..along with CT owner Dave.

And you were there Billy, you're a Star too.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the books in today

17801.jpg24914.jpg9869961.jpg9742103976-A-woman-of-Bangkok-Jack-Reynolds.jpg10316241875_966d13f55a_h.jpgBangkokAfterDark.jpgbangkok-noir.jpgDiamond.jpgeckardtbook.jpgelt 2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I must say Kev-In-Thailand is one of my favorite youtube Vlogers. He is always funny and original plus he plays poker. I walked past this place 100's of time and may take a stay for my next trip. 

Edited by popeyesretreat

If you thought I was that advanced would you ask me if I understood?.” 

SN7tukw.gif

Sleepless in Bangkok, Culture shock and Thailand Fever in stock now brand new 180 baht each

564f224128a00b153e8c0010.L.jpg

000.jpg

March Books (9).jpg

10150116502489307.jpg

A Woman of Bangkok, Welcome to Hell, Damage Done, Pattaya, the good the bad and the other all brand new in stock 180 baht each.

138346743_fulla.jpgfullpage-wth-front-cover.jpgDSCN3089.JPGpattaya-good-bad-other-01.jpg50% small.jpg 

• 1 month later...
Middlesex: A Novel by Jeffrey Eugenides

51iECj8yH2L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"I was born twice: first, as a baby girl, on a remarkably smogless Detroit day of January 1960; and then again, as a teenage boy, in an emergency room near Petoskey, Michigan, in August of l974. . . My birth certificate lists my name as Calliope Helen Stephanides. My most recent driver's license...records my first name simply as Cal."

So begins the breathtaking story of Calliope Stephanides and three generations of the Greek-American Stephanides family who travel from a tiny village overlooking Mount Olympus in Asia Minor to Prohibition-era Detroit, witnessing its glory days as the Motor City, and the race riots of l967, before they move out to the tree-lined streets of suburban Grosse Pointe, Michigan. To understand why Calliope is not like other girls, she has to uncover a guilty family secret and the astonishing genetic history that turns Callie into Cal, one of the most audacious and wondrous narrators in contemporary fiction. Lyrical and thrilling, Middlesex is an exhilarating reinvention of the American epic.

Middlesex is the winner of the 2003 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction.

In Now @ Canterbury Tales Bookshop / Book exchange. Absolute Friends by John le Carre

18997.jpg

An absolutely triumphant bestseller-everywhere hailed as the masterpiece toward which John le Carre has been building since the fall of communism. This thrilling tale of Joyaity, betrayal and international espionage spans the lives of two friends from the not-torn West Berlin of the 1960s to the grimy looking-glass of Cold War Europe to the present day of terrorism and uncertain new alliances-alliances that aren't always what they seem to be.

$$$x$$.jpg

In Today @ Canterbury Tales Bookshop / Book exchange / Cafe, Pattaya.

The Book of Lies by Brad Meltzer

51+w+TodB3L.jpg

Brad Meltzer, author of the #1 bestseller The Book of Fate, returns with his most thrilling and emotionally powerful novel to date.

In Chapter Four of the Bible, Cain kills Abel.

It is the world's most famous murder, but the Bible is silent about one key detail: the weapon Cain used to kill his brother.

That weapon is still lost to history.

In 1932, Mitchell Siegel was killed by three gunshots to his chest, while mourning, his son dreamed of a bulletproof man and created the world's greatest hero: Superman  and like Cain's murder weapon, the gun used in this unsolved murder has never been found.

Until now.

Today in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Cal Harper comes face to face with his family's greatest secret, his long lost father, who's been shot with a gun that traces back to Mitchell Siegel's 1932 murder.

But before Cal can ask a single question, he and his father are attacked by a ruthless killer tattooed with the ancient markings of Cain and so begins the chase for the world's first murder weapon.

What does Cain, history's greatest villain, have to do with Superman, the world's greatest hero?

And what do two murders, committed thousands of years apart, have in common?

This is the mystery at the heart of Brad Meltzer's riveting and utterly intriguing new thriller.

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett 

In Now @ Canterbury Tales Bookshop / Book exchange / Cafe, Pattaya.

FOLLETT 2.jpg

If you liked the Century Trilogy, you’ll love the “extraordinary . . . monumental masterpiece” that changed the course of Ken Follett’s already phenomenal career.

“Follett risks all and comes out a clear winner,” on the release of The Pillars of the Earth. A departure for the bestselling thriller writer, the historical epic stunned readers and critics alike with its ambitious scope and gripping humanity.

Today, it stands as a testament to Follett’s unassailable command of the written word and to his universal appeal. 

The Pillars of the Earth tells the story of Philip, prior of Kingsbridge, a devout and resourceful monk driven to build the greatest Gothic cathedral the world has known of Tom, the mason who becomes his architect, a man divided in his soul   of the beautiful, elusive Lady Aliena, haunted by a secret shame and of a struggle between good and evil that will turn church against state and brother against brother.

A spellbinding epic tale of ambition, anarchy, and absolute power set against the sprawling medieval canvas of twelfth-century England, this is Ken Follett’s historical masterpiece.