IGNORED

Canterbury Tales Guesthouse

Daveo

I take it you have the new Hammerettes calendar 2014 Dave ?

image.jpg

jinx

Catch my first report ;               Catch my third report ;

Drinker Tailor Sober Thai     The Place Beyond The Fines. 

Catch my second report ;        My final report :

The Monger Games            Final Random Acts 

have just finished reading the latest john Burdett book vulture peak,the latest in the Bangkok 8/tattoo series that I first found in your shop a few years ago.

without doubt my favourite "Thailand" themed books.

any idea of your 2013 Thailand based top 10 sellers?

have just finished reading the latest john Burdett book vulture peak,the latest in the Bangkok 8/tattoo series that I first found in your shop a few years ago.

without doubt my favourite "Thailand" themed books.

any idea of your 2013 Thailand based top 10 sellers?

Yes Money number one and Thailand fever still up there, also A woman of Bangkok by Jack Reynolds Thai kiss and Thai Lottery by Matt Carrell, also William Peskett have hit the shelves, If you can't stand the fun stay out of the go go, Mango and sticky rice etc.

Two of the old favourites Welcome to hell and Damage done still good reads, John Burdett, Christopher G Moore, Dean Barrett also all going well still.

A Woman of Bkk.jpg

fullpage-wth-front-cover.jpg

138346743_fulla.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

We have Thailand fever I saw in Asia books for sale at 450 baht we sell for 350 = the 50% credit refund, what do Asia books offer, nothing, also have many of the Thailand related books used for a fraction of the new price.

Also the best True crime selection in Thailand as someone told me recently, I guess he had been in every bookshop in Thailand, we have about 1000 true crime books.

41kxcV8KtTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51pa3Fsz70L._SL500_AA240_.jpg51GBbMaNf2L._SL500_AA240_.jpg51lx-dC4+jL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51pXhyIjfxL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg82-1.jpg61twVrs5jOL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg5130uU52UEL._SL500_AA240_.jpg0749951540.jpgCosa Nostra.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Coming soon to Canterbury Tales Bookshop, Vortex, the latest book from Matt Carrell

Vortex.jpgvortex 2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Many good deals and a lot of older books still readable and some classics at 10 baht each

20130118_191038.jpg

Available in the bookshop

flosser a3.jpg

glasses a2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello  Dave,    I would like to ask you how some one is to go to your establishment and eat healthy with all the smokers eating right next to you. I have been for breakfast three times and I don't think I will return.  Second hand smoke is very toxic as you know, and that cancels out anything healthy that might be consumed while breathing it.  I realize that most of your customers could care less about someone elses health cause they have no regard for there own. That is how smokers are , I realize that every time I see cigarette butts thrown inside  the condo where I live  and every where else I walk.    Beachroadlover  

Good point Beachroadlover,

Dave, do you still have the tables inside I am a non smoker and altho it is pretty much impossible to get away from it in Pattaya.

There are a few options, I seem to remember that the tables inside were non smoking ?.

I have not been to your cafe /bookshop for some time and am told you have increased your book shelving inside, so maybe you have removed the tables.

Clearly there is always the take away option Not a bad one IMO go sit on the beach and watch the world go by.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Hello  Dave,    I would like to ask you how some one is to go to your establishment and eat healthy with all the smokers eating right next to you. I have been for breakfast three times and I don't think I will return.  Second hand smoke is very toxic as you know, and that cancels out anything healthy that might be consumed while breathing it.  I realize that most of your customers could care less about someone elses health cause they have no regard for there own. That is how smokers are , I realize that every time I see cigarette butts thrown inside  the condo where I live  and every where else I walk.    Beachroadlover  

Apologies for this, yes agreed it can be off putting but I am sure if you had mentioned this to the guy/s smoking they would have stopped allowing you to eat your breakfast, had I been there and you mentioned it I would have certainly asked them to wait for you to finish.

Regards Dave

Good point Beachroadlover,

Dave, do you still have the tables inside I am a non smoker and altho it is pretty much impossible to get away from it in Pattaya.

There are a few options, I seem to remember that the tables inside were non smoking ?.

I have not been to your cafe /bookshop for some time and am told you have increased your book shelving inside, so maybe you have removed the tables.

Clearly there is always the take away option Not a bad one IMO go sit on the beach and watch the world go by.

JDM

Yes the table inside is non smoking. I do find though as a non smoker with the fans going just above the tables at the front is not so bad, not like being inside in a stuffy place.

we have many older but readable books now at 10baht each, many are just books that are tatty but too good to throw away, many of the popular Authors available

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the table inside is non smoking. I do find though as a non smoker with the fans going just above the tables at the front is not so bad, not like being inside in a stuffy place.

Thanks for the update Dave. 

I will drop in soon and exchange a few books.

JDM

Thanks for the update Dave. 

I will drop in soon and exchange a few books.

JDM

Yes be careful though, songkran about to start, actually you being ex military, today had about 60 non fiction military books in, some very new and some were $25/30 new so some interesting stuff for war/military buff's

Yes be careful though, songkran about to start, actually you being ex military, today had about 60 non fiction military books in, some very new and some were $25/30 new so some interesting stuff for war/military buff's

Thanks Dave,

I dont actually read a lot of Military fact or fiction, all good reading but after 30 years in the job I have more than sufficient memories good and bad to remind me of my time in the job.

In fact I could commission a book It would be very entertaining but would probably get me locked up.

Yes Songkran is here , I actually like it if you plan well ( to keep things dry)  and accept you are going to get wet then you will have a great time.

Thai g with wet shirts come on guys what more do you need !!!!.

Yes don't drive bikes or cars unless you really need to, get the BB don't use the MBT or just walk.

Have fun I will.

Best regards

JDM 

Hello  Dave,    I would like to ask you how some one is to go to your establishment and eat healthy with all the smokers eating right next to you. I have been for breakfast three times and I don't think I will return.  Second hand smoke is very toxic as you know, and that cancels out anything healthy that might be consumed while breathing it.

LOL@ talking about eating healthily in the same breath as scoffing 3 fried breakfasts!

Edited by Dave Hedgehog

Just counted we have over 500 non Fiction true crime books about 300 non fiction war books, a new lot many new books were $25 + a great choice at a fraction of the price of new books

Also a lot of Politics 

books (9).jpgbooks (8).jpgbooks (6).jpgbooks (5).jpgbooks (4).jpgbooks (3).jpgbooks (2).jpgbooks (1).jpg

Hi Dave

Staying opposite in May look forward to a few good books and breakfasts to help me refuel and relax after a hard nights work.

Hi Dave

Staying opposite in May look forward to a few good books and breakfasts to help me refuel and relax after a hard nights work.

LOL. look forward to meeting you.

Hey Dave thanks for your time and chat last visit,i loved the milk Kefir as well,nice healthy drinks and food there.

Was good to pick up a good Thai Phrase book as well

Lk Ray was touched by these images,will be coming to say hi to you next visit.

And off topic....good to see Arsenal in the FA Cup final. 

IMG_3462.JPG

IMG_3464.JPG

IMG_3465.JPG

Edited by Big G Man

My youtube channel .....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxoT31MMwxjrLmj6um_BnlA

2 Weeks in Jomtien trip report, photo heavy and videos.....  http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307477-big-g-returns-2-weeks-in-november-photo-heavy-and-some-videos/

First trip report,more then 500 images.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/177415-small-trip-reportbut-heaps-of-photos500-plus/

Great stuff G Man, was good to meet you and hope you enjoyed your trip.

Cheers Dave

Great stuff G Man, was good to meet you and hope you enjoyed your trip.

Cheers Dave

Sure did,back soon to visit again !

My youtube channel .....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxoT31MMwxjrLmj6um_BnlA

2 Weeks in Jomtien trip report, photo heavy and videos.....  http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307477-big-g-returns-2-weeks-in-november-photo-heavy-and-some-videos/

First trip report,more then 500 images.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/177415-small-trip-reportbut-heaps-of-photos500-plus/

• 3 weeks later...

A guy came in today and got the Ump, he said he had seen us on Addicts forum so he is a member, so he was looking through the Thailand related books, he asked me where he could find Damage done, I showed him and he saw the price was 300baht.

He said his pal got one here for 160baht, I told him it would have been a used copy, he said he would have a used copy, I looked on the shelves and told him we did not have a used copy at the moment, he said he may as well go to Asia books if he had to buy a used copy, I told him a new copy in Asia books was about 395 baht and they don't offer 50% credit refund as we do.

He walked off mumbling away, can't please some people, anyway if that was you if you read this try to imagine asking me to save you a used copy for later or that we are still cheaper than the big stores + we offer 50% credit on all books bought from us, new or used.

I offered him a choice of another couple of books on the subject that we had as used but no he didn't want either.

138346743_fulla.jpgfullpage-wth-front-cover.jpg51P6Q4BJRBL._SS500_.jpg 

Edited by Daveo

A guy came in today and got the Ump, he said he had seen us on Addicts forum so he is a member, so he was looking through the Thailand related books, he asked me where he could find Damage done, I showed him and he saw the price was 300baht.

He said his pal got one here for 160baht, I told him it would have been a used copy, he said he would have a used copy, I looked on the shelves and told him we did not have a used copy at the moment, he said he may as well go to Asia books if he had to buy a used copy, I told him a new copy in Asia books was about 395 baht and they don't offer 50% credit refund as we do.

He walked off mumbling away, can't please some people, anyway if that was you if you read this try to imagine asking me to save you a used copy for later or that we are still cheaper than the big stores + we offer 50% credit on all books bought from us, new or used.

I offered him a choice of another couple of books on the subject that we had as used but no he didn't want either.

attachicon.gif138346743_fulla.jpgattachicon.giffullpage-wth-front-cover.jpgattachicon.gif51P6Q4BJRBL._SS500_.jpg

Did you have your shirt on while talking to the gentlemen ? Was your car parked where people could see it ?

• Like 2

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Did you have your shirt on while talking to the gentlemen ? Was your car parked where people could see it ?

Yes , I remember that thread .... Just unbelievable ......