IGNORED

Motorbike rental

forestred

I've found these people who rent motorbikes very cheap.I had a look and they're decent bikes,no rubbish at all.They've got Airblades,Clicks,Nouvos and others for 100 baht a day and 2000 baht a month.I haven't seen anyone else doing them for that price around Pattaya.

They've only been going a couple of months and haven't started advertising yet but I hope this might help them as they seem like good people.

I spoke to a guy who was returning a bike after a month and he really sang their praises and had nothing but compliments about them and the bike he had used.I've now rented from them and had no problems at all.I'd recommend them for sure.

The name is Kessaya Motorbike Rentals,they're near Soi Khoa Noi off Sukhumvit Road.The phone number is 0877440945.I'm sure they'd be happy to help you and meet you somewhere in Pattaya if their place is too far for you.At those prices you've got nothing to lose have you ?

Thats a really good price!!!! I will go down there in a week. Hey How about some GPS coordinates?

ElCubanito's Diary Volume 1Trip Report Archives PART 1 - 22.NEW NUMBER! Coming soon! Pattaya May 25 - December 2010. 6 months Biatch!!! Lb hunting, Foursomes, MMF, Soi 6 Crawls.....lets do it!

Thats a really good price!!!! I will go down there in a week. Hey How about some GPS coordinates?

GPS ? Do they do that over here ? Honestly you'd be better off phoning them when you're here and take it from there,I'm sure they'd be helpful to you.

That is good price as most charge 150-200bt per day and 2500-3000bt per/mth depending on model of mbike.

Am staying long term wen there so wil give them call wen in town on Khao talo as only around the corner from there.

They have shop/office there then?

Cheers 4 now,

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

That is good price as most charge 150-200bt per day and 2500-3000bt per/mth depending on model of mbike.

Am staying long term wen there so wil give them call wen in town on Khao talo as only around the corner from there.

They have shop/office there then?

Cheers 4 now,

Hi Sticky

This is Kessaya Motorbike Rentals,we're online at last !

We're Thai owned ( Kessaya ) but Western standards.

ie No bullshit,if you have a problem we want to help you,we won't scam you in any way at all,we care about our customers and want them to be happy with what we're doing for them and to pass the word on that we're good.

It's being done from a house at the moment,all the maintenance is being done by Mityon Yamaha on Threpasit Road as they seem to understand that we want the bikes done right and properly.The manager there is a biker too and almost came in his pants when I told him I'd raced bikes in England ( poorly ! very poorly ! )

Insurance at the minute is limited to the bikes only,similar to third party in the UK but no theft,sorry but you lose it you pay for it,but I promise you we will not come to your hotel or house and take it like some others have had done.We do provide good quality locks and chains with every bike and I've found that tends to put off 99.9% of the thieving scum,they'll move on to the one without the lock.Safety helmets are also provided with each bike.We advise everyone to use the locks and chains and also to wear a helmet at all times when riding the bike,or the BIB will sting you with a fine.

We are speaking to a couple of insurance companies but this being Thailand it's getting to be hard work explaining what we want and need.Most travel insurance covers you for riding motorbikes under a certain cc anyway.

Long term rentals will also be discounted,pay up front for three months and get the fourth half price.Pay up front for five months and get the sixth month free.

All the bikes are good quality and I use them myself just to make sure they're spot on.We have Honda Airblades,Honda Clicks,Honda Icons,Yamaha Nouvos,Yamaha Finos,Suzuki Steps and a Suzuki Hayate.All the same price and all good bikes.If a bike had a problem when you'd hired it a replacement would be sorted for you very quickly.

When you're ready to hire give us a call and if you want the bike delivering somewhere we can do that too.

We would appreciate it if you've liked what you've read please pass it on to any friends or anybody who is looking to rent a bike.

Thank you all very much.

• Like 1

Thats a very good rate especially on the monthly, PM me the details and I will let people know who stay here if they are on the lookout for a bike, do you know if they offer any insurance or what the situation is regards that.

Tried to PM you but got a message saying you can't recieve any new messages,are you full up ? If so delete some !

Thats a very good rate especially on the monthly, PM me the details and I will let people know who stay here if they are on the lookout for a bike, do you know if they offer any insurance or what the situation is regards that.

Hello Daveo

I've tried to PM you again but no luck.I've been on your website and been past your shop and you seem to have a tie in with "mai pong motorbikes".

Are you looking to move them on ? I'd be interested in any business you put our way so PM me or call and we could have a chat about it.

Kessaya

Hello Daveo

I've tried to PM you again but no luck.I've been on your website and been past your shop and you seem to have a tie in with "mai pong motorbikes".

Are you looking to move them on ? I'd be interested in any business you put our way so PM me or call and we could have a chat about it.

Kessaya

It's Mai Pang (not expensive) :GoldenSmile1:

It's Mai Pang (not expensive) :GoldenSmile1:

Ooops !

But more expensive than us :10:

We are speaking to a couple of insurance companies but this being Thailand it's getting to be hard work explaining what we want and need.Most travel insurance covers you for riding motorbikes under a certain cc anyway.

never knew that.

most thai insurance compainies wont pay out aswell if you dont have a thai drivers licence,maybe its different for cars than it is bikes

Just remember that nearly all motorcycle rentals require you to leave your passport with them. But Thai law states that the foreigner must carry the original passport on them at all times. So what happens when you rent a cycle and whizz around the corner into the cops who immediately ask for passport? And what happens when you go to the bank and they ask for passport or you change hotels and they ask for passport? This is the big problem for me, I just refuse to hand over my passport to these bike rental people.

never knew that.

most thai insurance compainies wont pay out aswell if you dont have a thai drivers licence,maybe its different for cars than it is bikes

Any travel insurance I've had when I was holidaying in Thailand covered me for personal accidents on motorbikes so long as I wasn't racing them or on time trials.But it limited the cc of the bike to I think 125 cc ?

Obviously they didn't want anyone on the big bikes.

I could write a small book about some of the things the Thai insurance companies have said to us so far and some of the prices we've heard are astronomical.

Just remember that nearly all motorcycle rentals require you to leave your passport with them. But Thai law states that the foreigner must carry the original passport on them at all times. So what happens when you rent a cycle and whizz around the corner into the cops who immediately ask for passport? And what happens when you go to the bank and they ask for passport or you change hotels and they ask for passport? This is the big problem for me, I just refuse to hand over my passport to these bike rental people.

We only ask for a copy of your passport,we would never ask to keep the original,I know some Thai's do it but we don't.

Just been and rented a bike from here, at 2000 baht it's more economical than buying one (again) for me.

Pretty impressive selection of bikes and a pleasure to deal with a westerner! (Kessaya)

And it's good to see farang business sense! Why rent a few at 3500-4000 when you can rent a lot at a much cheaper price!

Just been and rented a bike from here, at 2000 baht it's more economical than buying one (again) for me.

Pretty impressive selection of bikes and a pleasure to deal with a westerner! (Kessaya)

And it's good to see farang business sense! Why rent a few at 3500-4000 when you can rent a lot at a much cheaper price!

Thank you dimples..Nice to meet another Leicestershire lad over here..

Kessaya, do you have a web site yet?

I'm looking to rent a motorbike for maybe about 3 weeks when I'm there this coming September, but I don't really want to park the motorbike outside overnight. Would I be able to return it each night, before you close and then pick it up each morning? (Less chance of it getting stolen that way.)

Allen

Kessaya, do you have a web site yet?

I'm looking to rent a motorbike for maybe about 3 weeks when I'm there this coming September, but I don't really want to park the motorbike outside overnight. Would I be able to return it each night, before you close and then pick it up each morning? (Less chance of it getting stolen that way.)

Allen

Hi Allen

I've sent you a PM about your query.

Cheers

K

Do not rent without insurance unless you have a spare 40000baht with you. If it is stolen you will be reponsible. Your travel insurance may cover you for medical treatment but not for the value of the bike. If you are renting long term it may be worth the risk to save money but for short term rentals find a company that has insurance for theft at minimum. You would still have to pay for any damage that you may do to the bike but that is within your control. So many bikes are stolen everyday in Pattaya that the police will not even look for it.

Taoism: sh*t happens

Buddhism: if sh*t happens, it isn't really sh*t

Islam: if sh*t happens, it is the will of Allah

Catholicism: if sh*t happens, you deserve it

Judaism: why does this sh*t always happen to us?

Atheism: I don't believe this sh*t

Do not rent without insurance unless you have a spare 40000baht with you. If it is stolen you will be reponsible. Your travel insurance may cover you for medical treatment but not for the value of the bike. If you are renting long term it may be worth the risk to save money but for short term rentals find a company that has insurance for theft at minimum. You would still have to pay for any damage that you may do to the bike but that is within your control. So many bikes are stolen everyday in Pattaya that the police will not even look for it.

I agree with some of what you say but not all.As we all know the thieving scum out here are lazy bastards,if they see two bikes and one has a chain and a lock and the other doesn't which one are they going to go for ?

As I have said earlier,all bikes are provided with a good lock and chain and it takes less than a minute to put them on the bike.

It would be interesting to find out the percentage of stolen bikes around Pattaya that had a chain and lock fitted,probably very close to zero per cent.

Any travel insurance I've had when I was holidaying in Thailand covered me for personal accidents on motorbikes so long as I wasn't racing them or on time trials.But it limited the cc of the bike to I think 125 cc ?

Obviously they didn't want anyone on the big bikes.

I could write a small book about some of the things the Thai insurance companies have said to us so far and some of the prices we've heard are astronomical.

oh got you now,

you mean medcal cover for you, i thought you ment cover for the bike.

do your bikes come with any insurance or is it just the govenment sticker insurance ?

seems like you are doing some good deals thuo,ive seen some around who want 300 a day or 3000 a month.

nice to see a change from the norm,low tourists put price up

Edited by miles stewart

oh got you now,

you mean medcal cover for you, i thought you ment cover for the bike.

do your bikes come with any insurance or is it just the govenment sticker insurance ?

seems like you are doing some good deals thuo,ive seen some around who want 300 a day or 3000 a month.

nice to see a change from the norm,low tourists put price up

The bikes at the moment are covered on the government insurance,as I've said before we are looking into other insurance schemes but we are getting some stupid quotes for very little gain.

You know the score over here I'm sure.Motorbike rental is for farang,farang have big money so they can pay big money for very little,same in most things here.

I hope the price will stay the same even if we ever have a "high season" again.

I agree with some of what you say but not all.As we all know the thieving scum out here are lazy bastards,if they see two bikes and one has a chain and a lock and the other doesn't which one are they going to go for ?

As I have said earlier,all bikes are provided with a good lock and chain and it takes less than a minute to put them on the bike.

It would be interesting to find out the percentage of stolen bikes around Pattaya that had a chain and lock fitted,probably very close to zero per cent.

I still stand by my original post, I agree the chain and lock is a deterrent but will not stop them from putting the bike into the back of a pick-up truck if they really want it.

Comes down to saving 1000-1500 baht on a one month rental versus 40000 baht out of pocket if it gets stolen. It has already happened to a friend of mine and it got a little nasty until he came up with the cash but it ruined his holiday.

If the insurance companies are too expensive why not self insure them yourself if it is so unlikely that they will be stolen?

Taoism: sh*t happens

Buddhism: if sh*t happens, it isn't really sh*t

Islam: if sh*t happens, it is the will of Allah

Catholicism: if sh*t happens, you deserve it

Judaism: why does this sh*t always happen to us?

Atheism: I don't believe this sh*t

I still stand by my original post, I agree the chain and lock is a deterrent but will not stop them from putting the bike into the back of a pick-up truck if they really want it.

Comes down to saving 1000-1500 baht on a one month rental versus 40000 baht out of pocket if it gets stolen. It has already happened to a friend of mine and it got a little nasty until he came up with the cash but it ruined his holiday.

If the insurance companies are too expensive why not self insure them yourself if it is so unlikely that they will be stolen?

If someone leaves a motorbike overnight with a lock and chain on it in amongst a load of other bikes the chances are it won't get nicked.If however they leave it in a quiet Soi and on it's own there is a chance someone may have a go at it.

There are 1,000's of bikes in Pattaya,20,000 + I read somewhere,if the hirer is sensible and parks it at his hotel or accomodation with a lock on it I personally think it's safe.

As for self insurance.....great idea....not.I think the theft rate would go through the roof when people realised that they could keep the bike and I'd suffer the loss.That ain't going to happen.

If people want to pay 3,000 + for rental with insurance then that is their choice,but I've heard of a tourist a couple of years ago who had the insurance and it wasn't worth the paper it was written on.That turned very nasty I can assure you as the Thai's held the man until he gave them his passport and held it until he paid the money.As he was flying out that night he had no choice did he ?

All we're trying to do here is give people good quality motorbikes at a decent price,I've got no problem if they want to go for the expensive option and go for the extra insurance.That is their perogitive.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one as there is no end to the discussion.Too many if's but's maybe's and what if's.

Edited by Kessaya

We only ask for a copy of your passport,we would never ask to keep the original,I know some Thai's do it but we don't.

That's good to hear that you accept a copy but you are in a very small minority, I always urge tourists to refuse to hand over their passports for motorcycle rentals, hopefully to end this practice. I remember a few years ago the hotels in Thailand got into this act too and many started requiring that guests left their passports with the hotel management. I think too many people kicked up about it as it seems to have vanished now.

Hello Kessaya...I have spent 3 years in Pattaya on and off and have always had a motorbike (my own and rentals) I always used a lock and have never had a single problem. I'm back for 5 weeks in the middle of august and will take a rental from yourselves if that is ok ?...cheers, jase