IGNORED

Motorbike rental

forestred

The bikes at the moment are covered on the government insurance,as I've said before we are looking into other insurance schemes but we are getting some stupid quotes for very little gain.

You know the score over here I'm sure.Motorbike rental is for farang,farang have big money so they can pay big money for very little,same in most things here.

I hope the price will stay the same even if we ever have a "high season" again.

did you know some of the big thai insurance companies will accept your no claims from the uk,i messed up the first year didnt know it,my insurance is due in 2 months on the car,for some reason loads of brokers now have my number and are calling me all the time,its normal practice to sell your details on over here. i can save 7,000 this year for first class insurance and thats with 1 claim this year on my old thai insurance.the new guy even said go claim for that little scratch on the bumper before the old one runs out,and i mean little,maybe 2 cm,they all seem to want to rip each other off.then theres the 645 baht govenment sticker and the 1650 baht tax you have to get stamped in the blue book.

i like the idea that its the car insured and not me,when you sell it the insurance gose with the car.cant understand the bit where if i move to say pattaya have to re register and get new no on the car or when someone else buys it it gets a new number.totally baffels me some of the things that go on here.

looking at the green plate insurance this time so can get it used to do airport runs,another new frigging number only just learnd how to say the old one correctly in thai.

Edited by miles stewart

and yes before anyone says i could do it with out the green plates just bear in mind if you get in one with out a green plate and he or she crashes your fucked,no liability insurance,you have to try and claim from your travel insurance if you took any out,green plates on private hire means your covered.so when that car pics you up at the airport and its not a green plate you have no insurace for you or your belongings,if he crashes tuff luck if someone hits him tuff luck you shouldnt have been in there.unless you can prove a genuine reason for being in there ie family etc you dont get paid out your a farang.never mind.

real taxis with yellow plates are differnt again.

just look at all the different styles of number plates as you get driven down the road and see what i mean.

look up thai number plates on google.

Edited by miles stewart

Hello Kessaya...I have spent 3 years in Pattaya on and off and have always had a motorbike (my own and rentals) I always used a lock and have never had a single problem. I'm back for 5 weeks in the middle of august and will take a rental from yourselves if that is ok ?...cheers, jase

Hiya Jase

If we've got a bike available that suits you then you can have one no problem at all.We're looking into the possibility of booking on line and paying through paypal to reserve bikes if that helps you.

We've set up a paypal account over here now as well.Also if someone has a bike for over a month they can pay for any additional time they may want to keep it by paying via a bank transfer ( Thai banks only ).Relevent paperwork would then be emailled to you.

We are looking into the possibility of a website and we are trying to put photo's on here but this internet connection is very slow and can't seem to handle that at the moment.

Cheers

K

did you know some of the big thai insurance companies will accept your no claims from the uk,

No..I didn't know that,as they say you learn something new everyday here don't you,maybe it will help another BM who's reading this.

I had full NCB on a bike and a car in the UK,let it all go when I came here in 2006 ! Couldn't even tell you who I was insured with.

hello Kessaya...thanks for your reply, yes i am willing to book via pay-pal...do you have a Nouvo for 18 aug until sept 22 (one with good steering as i've tried a couple where its been a little loose) if you do i would like to book that for the above mentioned dates...karp khun khrap

hello Kessaya...thanks for your reply, yes i am willing to book via pay-pal...do you have a Nouvo for 18 aug until sept 22 (one with good steering as i've tried a couple where its been a little loose) if you do i would like to book that for the above mentioned dates...karp khun khrap

Would that be the Nouvo MX or the LC 135 you'd be wanting ? Same price for both.

Would that be the Nouvo MX or the LC 135 you'd be wanting ? Same price for both.

Hello Kessaya...many thanks for your swift response, what is the difference between the two bikes ? and which would you recommend ? many thanks, jase

Hello Kessaya...many thanks for your swift response, what is the difference between the two bikes ? and which would you recommend ? many thanks, jase

Hi Jase

Not much to choose between any of the bikes,Honda's Yamaha's and Suzuki's are all pretty much the same.

The Nouvo MX is 115cc and the LC is 135cc.Both are good bikes but the LC is faster off the mark if that's important to you.All are comfortable to ride and all have good under seat storage.

As I have pointed out on here earlier though,if you're here on holiday and you have travel insurance you would need to look at your personal accident cover,my policies when I was holidaying here only covered me for riding bikes up to 125cc.So that's worth checking out.

If you rented a bike from us and weren't comfortable with it you could change to another until you found one you were ok with,no admin charge of course !

Don't seem to have helped you too much there have I ? Maybe best if you came and had a look and see what you fancy ?

K

SPECIAL OFFER

Honda Icon.Suzuki Step.Yamaha Fino.

Prices for these motorbikes are now 1750 bt for 1 month.Daily rates are the same as always at 100 bt.

You maybe need a bike for your teerak to use so she stops taking your bike.At these prices you can't go wrong can you ?

All are good quality bikes and in good working order,no rubbish ! Not many available so get in quick or miss out.

First come first served.

:Circle_Sharks:

Edited by Kessaya

That's good to hear that you accept a copy but you are in a very small minority, I always urge tourists to refuse to hand over their passports for motorcycle rentals, hopefully to end this practice. I remember a few years ago the hotels in Thailand got into this act too and many started requiring that guests left their passports with the hotel management. I think too many people kicked up about it as it seems to have vanished now.

Never had anyone ask to keep my passport to rent a bike or a room in 25+ years coming to Pattaya. Show them is enough and some times they may take a photocopy.

Posted Image

Hi Jase

Not much to choose between any of the bikes,Honda's Yamaha's and Suzuki's are all pretty much the same.

The Nouvo MX is 115cc and the LC is 135cc.Both are good bikes but the LC is faster off the mark if that's important to you.All are comfortable to ride and all have good under seat storage.

As I have pointed out on here earlier though,if you're here on holiday and you have travel insurance you would need to look at your personal accident cover,my policies when I was holidaying here only covered me for riding bikes up to 125cc.So that's worth checking out.

If you rented a bike from us and weren't comfortable with it you could change to another until you found one you were ok with,no admin charge of course !

Don't seem to have helped you too much there have I ? Maybe best if you came and had a look and see what you fancy ?

K

hey Kessaya

thanks for the response, i'm just off to the hospital (physiotherapy placement) so i'll decide and leave you a response when i return, i definately want one, so i'll also sort out payment details too...thanks very much...jase

Never had anyone ask to keep my passport to rent a bike or a room in 25+ years coming to Pattaya. Show them is enough and some times they may take a photocopy.

I did have a jet ski man want to keep my passport one time but the lady I was with at the time told him where to get off !

To be honest I can't remember anyone else wanting to hold on to my passport.Hotels just wanted a photocopy and that was it.

Hey Windy have you got any really old photo's of Pattaya ? I'd love to see what it looked like 20+ years ago.

hey Kessaya

thanks for the response, i'm just off to the hospital (physiotherapy placement) so i'll decide and leave you a response when i return, i definately want one, so i'll also sort out payment details too...thanks very much...jase

hey Kessaya

just finished for the day, lovely :)

i'll go for the The Nouvo LC 135cc. if thats ok with you mate...what would you like me to do, pay via paypal ? cheers sir...jase

Hey Kessaya

just finished for the day...lovely :)

I'll go for the The Nouvo LC 135cc. if thats ok with you mate...what would you like me to do, pay via paypal ? cheers sir...jase

SPECIAL OFFER

Honda Icon.Suzuki Step.Yamaha Fino.

Prices for these motorbikes are now 1750 bt for 1 month.Daily rates are the same as always at 100 bt.

You maybe need a bike for your teerak to use so she stops taking your bike.At these prices you can't go wrong can you ?

All are good quality bikes and in good working order,no rubbish ! Not many available so get in quick or miss out.

First come first served.

:Whistle:

I have now booked a bike through Kessaya for my holiday, i just want to add that the communications were a pleasure and Kessaya was straight-forward, accomodating and flexible. As much as i can before actually arriving, i would whole-heartedly recommend them...

I have now booked a bike through Kessaya for my holiday, i just want to add that the communications were a pleasure and Kessaya was straight-forward, accomodating and flexible. As much as i can before actually arriving, i would whole-heartedly recommend them...

:Question:

Stop it.....you're making me go all shy now

See you soon,let me know if I can help about your room,he's only 10 mins away from me.

i always hire or buy a small scooter when i'm in thailand, for me its a big part of the holiday, it gives you the freedom to go and explore some of the small sois and its a great way to get about, you just have to be very careful and ride very defensively as its not unusual for other road users to pull out from a junction without looking and the songthaws (baht buses) pull over quite sharply at times to pick up passengers, so dont pass them on the left. You also need to be aware that other bikers tend to ride both ways on each side of the road. Additionally if somebody flashes their lights at you it means they are coming through first, not the other way around. All in all though with the sun on your back and a cooling breeze in your face its a great way to soak up the atmosphere and energy of the place...the key is to never be in a rush when riding in pattaya...

Kessaya has been nothing but helpful and going out of his way in trying to help me in renting a motorbike when I'll be there in Sept of 2010.

I have nothing but praise in dealing with him!!!!

Allen

Kessaya has been nothing but helpful and going out of his way in trying to help me in renting a motorbike when I'll be there in Sept of 2010.

I have nothing but praise in dealing with him!!!!

Allen

Always happy to help Allen and I do understand your concerns.

Hi Kessaya,

Thanks for your good prices.

I will arrive around 23 June and need a bike for one month and maybe more longer.

I would like to try the LC 135.

Do you provide 2 helmets ?

Do you deliver to my room ? I will look for a room in soi Bukhaw area.

Thanks

Hi Kessaya,

I will arrive around 23 June and need a bike for one month and maybe more longer.

Thanks

Hi Pat

The LC is booked out mid June to mid July at the moment but that may change,we have Airblades available and in my opinion they're just as good a bike.2 helmets isn't a problem and we can deliver.

Plenty of rooms around that area so you can pick and choose and haggle I'm sure.Have a read of some of the reviews on here.

Edited by Kessaya

Hi Kessaya,

Thanks

The man who was having the LC has now changed it to an Airblade due to travel insurance,if you'd still like the LC for the period you mention then please let me know ASAP.

Thanks

The man who was having the LC has now changed it to an Airblade due to travel insurance,if you'd still like the LC for the period you mention then please let me know ASAP.

Thanks

I will tell you as soon as I arrive to Pattaya. I am planning to stay several days in BKK before. If the LC is not available any bike will be ok for me.

Thanks