IGNORED

Thai-farang fistfight on WS

BigBangkokTheory

Ok I may get accused of incitement here, but this acceptance of 'Thai culture' in this context, along with the cowardly deference to this particular aspect, makes me sick!

I suggest that the next time a Falang is attacked by a Thai, as long as it stays one on one, they should leave well alone, only stepping in when the Falang / Thai is unconscious on the floor & unable to defend themselves.

However, when a one on one Falang / Thai fight is taking place & many Thai men gang up on the Falang, I implore any surrounding Falang to leap to the DEFENCE of the defenceless party.

I'm sorry, but we shouldn't have to put up with this shit. Maybe if the adjacent Thai men, who are so ready to join in the 'bash the Falang' game, knew that a few 220LB fit young guys were ready to defend their fellow 'countrymen', then these fights would never escalate in the first place.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I may get accused of incitement here, but this acceptance of 'Thai culture' in this context, along with the cowardly deference to this particular aspect, makes me sick!

I suggest that the next time a Falang is attacked by a Thai, as long as it stays one on one, they should leave well alone, only stepping in when the Falang / Thai is unconscious on the floor & unable to defend themselves.

However, when a one on one Falang / Thai fight is taking place & many Thai men gang up on the Falang, I implore any surrounding Falang to leap to the DEFENCE of the defenceless party.

I'm sorry, but we shouldn't have to put up with this shit. Maybe if the adjacent Thai men, who are so ready to join in the 'bash the Falang' game, knew that a few 220LB fit young guys were ready to defend their fellow 'countrymen', then these fights would never escalate in the first place.

Peace. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you should lead by example?

Whenever I have seen or heard about a fight and the cause was ID'ed, I can't help but think the guy deserved it by acting liking a complete c**t.

As for the 'fair' fight have not seen that here in Sydney when some guys(including the English) are faced with a big Maori, Samoan or Tongan. The perception is probably similar to what the Thai feels.

or even dealing with an average size opponent, they might still have a mate ready jump in with a glass bottle.

I agree entirely with what you say here El Cata. Over the years I've had several Thai men ask me why farang are such cowards. I also don't like drunken yobo farang that throw their weight around in bars but in my experience most trouble is started by a Thai man with a nasty drunk attitude and a big anti-farang chip on his shoulder, so many of them think that because this is their country and we are visitors then they can dish out shit and we have to slurp it up. I'm too old for brawling these days but in the past I busted a few of the pricks for shouting out vile insults to my Thai wife. Yes, it's a dumb thing to do cause we can't win, we have no rights, not even the right to self defense. Years ago somebody told me if you want to survive in Thailand then don't learn Thai. There's truth in this because once you learn Thai you understand what many Thais (usually men) are saying about you and your woman. It would be nice to see farang support each other a bit but most farang have swallowed all the bullshit about Thais being tough guys and knowing kick boxing. In reality they go down fast if you hit them correctly the first time.

I do wonder why so many Thai men in Pattaya are so pissed off and ready to pile in feet flying like Honk Kong Fuey on P.C.P. when they see a farang fighting with one of their own.

I mean, you would think they would get used to the idea of seeing scores of Farangs walking about at all times of day and night with plenty of cash and a pretty little scantily dressed Thai darling hanging from each elbow.

If it was my home town in the U.K and I was sitting on my taxi-bike with very little cash in my sky-rocket, and the town was crammed full of 'foreigners' flashing their wads, boosting the local economy and screwing all the local birds in sight, I would at least be gracious enough to not throw any snide remarks their way and let them have their wicked way in peace.

I't just not cricket is it..?

:):FunnyPost1::Grin_Jump1:

P.s. In my experience, when a Thai male is losing with his fists there'll usually be some back up handy quick sharp with a bloody big wooden chair leg.

I had the bumps and bruises to back that claim up....very amusing!

"The world is like a ride in an amusement park.

And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real

because that's how powerful our minds are.

And the ride goes up and down and round and round.

It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured

and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while.

Some people have been on the ride for a long time

and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride?

And other people have remembered, and they come back to us,

they say, "hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever,

because, this is just a ride..."

batman-dark-knight-joker.jpg

They're cowards in reality, they shoot their mouths off knowing that 1) Farang won't understand what they are sayings and 2) Even if the farang does understand he'll back down bacause he's outnumbered and scared of getting into trouble and being deported. I saw this big Aussie helicopter pilot get picked on by a Thai geezer down South some years ago, the Thai was shoving the Aussie several times in the chest and the Aussie just backed down. I said to him after why didn't you bust his head open with your fist, why do we always back down to Thais, you would have dropped the bastard if he was a fellow Aussie and you were back home. The Aussie said if he got reported for fighting with Thais he'd lose his job and get sent home. So that's it in a nutshell. We'll always lose in the long run, the whole structure of society is stacked up against us. Back down, walk away, let them have their own way, you lose face but never cause them to lose face.

They're cowards in reality, they shoot their mouths off knowing that 1) Farang won't understand what they are sayings and 2) Even if the farang does understand he'll back down bacause he's outnumbered and scared of getting into trouble and being deported. I saw this big Aussie helicopter pilot get picked on by a Thai geezer down South some years ago, the Thai was shoving the Aussie several times in the chest and the Aussie just backed down. I said to him after why didn't you bust his head open with your fist, why do we always back down to Thais, you would have dropped the bastard if he was a fellow Aussie and you were back home. The Aussie said if he got reported for fighting with Thais he'd lose his job and get sent home. So that's it in a nutshell. We'll always lose in the long run, the whole structure of society is stacked up against us. Back down, walk away, let them have their own way, you lose face but never cause them to lose face.

True. Could not add to that. Seen it in Pattaya outside a gogo bar a fat thai teenager bouncer and a 50 year old drunk farang. The teenager half arsed punched him. The farangs mates did nothing because they were scared of getting into trouble with the other Thais.who were making sure they didn't get involved...Place was packed in 2 mins with motorbike taxi drivers and other security. All making sure the fight was not going the farangs way. After the farang had been suitably humiliated it was broken up.

Can tell you a time where the farang won only in Bangkok tho where anonymity lets you get away with more than possible in Pattaya. Seen a TUKTUK driver get dropped by a guy in Bang Lam Phu and the farang jumped in a taxi and fled the scene before a full scale SAS assault was launched by the Thai pricks fellow TUKTUK drivers. He was dropped so fast they didn't see it. When they did find their pal unconcious they were going around looking for a farang to punish for the incident. An innocent bystander nearly got the blame. They are fucking cowards. Many wars they been in? Take them and put them in our country where they actually have got equal rights to us unlike their rigged game and see how hard they are then.

Im a 500 baht man. Lets keep whore prices down.

Peace. :)

Sorry but a crock of shit

I choose not to get in fights with thais for two reasons

1. I have never had any issues with them and I have been here a very long time

2. I am more than comfortable with my ability to handle myself against most anyone but I am not risking my job because of fighting. I rely on work visas for a number of asian countries and the money it earns me would more than make up for any dents to my ego where I am perceptive enough to move on

As for backing up some farang I have never met, especially when there is a good chance he is a total phuckwit, that would have to be one of the most ridiculous statements I have read on this board

My experience is that the Thais are actually intimidated by me, as I believe they are when it comes to many large farang that look like they can handle themselves. usually they will only start when you get a farang starting to act like a dickhead (note I said usually)

And just so those that follow your advice due to ignorance are aware, a number of Thais I know, quite often have a pistol in their jacket when they go to certain establishments or places

oh and if things make you sick, dont waffle about your courage on web boards, just go out there and prove it

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

Come to thailand for the women.

Stay home for the fighting.

Well said that man................

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

When I read the accounts of fights you guys have witnessed it makes me fucking puke. 20 0r 30 Thais assulting a farang with pool cues & chairs. Where are those fucking fat-gutted wanker farang that wear uniforms and hang around the beach & WS with the Thai police? Every time I go to WS I see those pricks walking around like Nazi SS but they never seem to be handy when farang are being assulted by gangs of Thai louts. By the way how many times have you read/heard that Thais have deep respect for older people and revere and wai older people respecting their age and wisdom. Yet we read here eye witness reports of young Thais kicking 50 year old farang men in the head in public. Would they do that to a 50 year old Thai or Chinese man? Like fuck they would. All this respect bullshit is reserved just for them, we don't even enter into the scheme of things. Yes, never get into fights with them. Always eat humble pie and back down, always run away like a coward, never stand up for yourself in these conflicts, let the little snotty shitbags have their own way.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned about eye witness reports in this forum of Thais using Muay Thai skills to beat up farang in public places.

One thing that pisses me off about Thais is they never seem to understand the ethics of anything. Many years ago I studied Tae Kwon Do for a couple of years and I became very interested in martial arts and read many books on the subject. Everything I ever read about every form of martial art stressed that you were not to learn these arts just so you can go out and beat the crap out of people. Discipline and self control were built into all lessons, in fact in Tae Kwon Do every sequence begins with a DEFENSIVE move. Furthermore anybody known to abuse their skills are shamed and rejected.

In our societies people with these special skills, including boxing, are classified as lethal weapons and face far stiffer penalties if charged with assult. But not so in Thailand. Thais are taught the deadly skills of Muay Thai and then go out and laughingly kick the fucking shit out of some poor old geriatric bastard and put him in hospital. It sucks big time and it's long overdue that Thais known to be using Muay Thai skills to attack and kill some poor bastard and charged with murder. I'd be interested in hearing from somebody involved with the International Muay Thai on this subject. It's about time that it's rammed down the fucking necks of every Thai in every Muay Thai camp in Thailand that you DO NOT USE these skills ever outside the ring unless you are defending your life.

What say you...

Last night (this morning) about 2:30 a.m. (+ or - 15 minutes) I was exiting WS after the addicts crawl. About 50 meters from the entrance to WS there was a fight between a Thai and a farang.

It was kind of a blur, but as I recall they were on ground wrestling, and two other Thais were kicking the farang. The farang stood up the drew back a fist to hit one of the Thais. The Thai helds his arms out (as if to say "stay back") and shouted at the farang in Thai. Then the other Thais knocked the farang out cold. Jing jing mak khap!

The police arrived as I left the scene. Sorry no pics!...i dont like violence but just once and only once would i love to see a few other farangs wade in and give them a right beating..thais never fight one on one

• 5 months later...

Ill be honest

Im shit at fighting.

I laughed when i read this. Better than all the chest pounding and testosterone charged crap of internet "hard men". I was a boxer in my youth and any fighter will tell you the easiest people to fight are drunk people. Second easiest are roid munchers. Why anyone fears bodybuilders is beyond me 99% of them have the agility of a slow moving glacier. I have absolutely no interest in fighting these days and would win any fight by 100 yards. The guy in the video should of seen it coming if he was sober he probably would have. Notice the video starts up when the conversation gets bit heated. Whoever shot the video probably knew what was coming. It is the farang that starts pounding on the bar and making a dick of himself. Interestingly the thais had already moved into "position" at this stage.

Second easiest are roid munchers. Why anyone fears bodybuilders is beyond me.

So the weight classes in the martial sports are to protect the bigger guys from the smaller ones?

• 3 weeks later...

he wrote bodybuilder who only get big muscles,not really strong any other sense than lifting weights,no stamina cant stretch their arms and most of them slow.if you have a big guy that train more allround he will beat a smaller guy if the small guy isnt julio-caesar chavez

So the weight classes in the martial sports are to protect the bigger guys from the smaller ones?

All other things being equal, the 'bigger guy' will always win, although the boundaries are blurred, such as Holyfield, who used to wear his bigger opponents down with his handbag & bible.

Bodybuilders (especially juiced up ones) tend to dedicate their time to building non-functional muscle mass. Compared to a skinny powerlifter who also does some stamina training, the 'roidfreak' would have no chance.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

Yeah, I LOL at the pro bodybuilders. I see powerlifters, the rare natural ones, who have on the order of twice the strength per unit of muscle mass volume that the bodybuilders do.

I don't even like how they look anymore. The lack of function of the pro bodybuilder physique completely overshadows the powerful look. Like silicone tits.

• 2 weeks later...

fighting thais bad news/very soon u fight dozen.

end up no teeth/no money

• 3 weeks later...

To any farang with a hot head or bad temper, then Thailand is definately not the place to go and start a fight.

I was in Patts for songkran 2007, my mate and me went for a walk down soi 7 when a couple of farangs started causing trouble in one of the bars. My mate and me looked at eachother and said fuck this, let's go, within walking out and going 2 bars up, there were about 20-30 Thai's battering them with pool cues, bar stools and whatever else they could get their hands on. We were grabbed by a couple of girls we knew and they walked us around to soi 8 to make sure that we were ok. The following day we heard that a Thai had had his throat cut and a farang had been battered to death. I can handle myself, but I have never been so worried in all my life.

before I first came to thailand and was researching, the best advice I got was "never fight a thai, if you do you will fight every thai on the block"

I'm always on my best behavior in thailand, its there country

Good call ..BB...

I say leave the Thai's alone and they will lave you alone.

7 trips to Pattaya...My record is... No fights..(No wins, No Loses)..But the pussy count is 150 and counting

"You only get two pieces of ass in your life. Your first and your last." Everything in between is extra gravy and I love extra gravy.

I've seen many fights in Pattaya, both Thai/farang and Thai/Thai and have seen nothing special to say Thai guys are tough. However it is pointless fighting them in thailand because you will be overwhelmed by weight of numbers in seconds. More Thais will join the fight, usually from behind or the side and when you go to the floor even more will join(it seems the tough Thais' favourite pastime is kicking a farang on the floor) so it's better to walk away before the trouble starts if possible.

Even the hardest of men will struggle to beat 50 men at once!

...lsn

Keep out of a fight with Thais. Yes some of us are stronger and yes you probably would kick his ass all over the place. But always remember that you start a fight that isn't eaqual. You are alone or with a few friends, these Thais start alone or with a few but the group will keep growing until you loose! And remember that these guys not only use their hands but any weapon available! And if the police comes you loose again!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

• 3 months later...

ive seen a couple of scraps in pattaya and they have always been the farangs that start the aggro or throw the first punch, i think if you are stupid enough to fight a thai then good luck to ya!! BTW in each case the farangs got an absolute flogging!! last trip i saw a pommy bird start a fight with the band at hot tuna and then her hubby was trying to stop it and his missus punched the singer chick and then the whole band jumped in!!

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

Considering the importance of face in Thai society, it seems a no brainer that if a Thai thought he could easily take down a foreigner, he would go it alone. It's hard to tell if it's the type of Thai's causing the fights (experienced brawlers, who look for a fight) that give rise to the perception Thai's are effective fighters, or because Muay Thai is the national sport. Not all Brazilians are soccer champs.. Doesn't make a difference at the end of the day though, the number of opponents will ultimately overwhelm any non Thai. People should not be going to the defense of the falang per-se, rather making an effort to break up the fight. Problem is I'd fear getting involved because I frankly don't trust aggravated Thai's to do the right thing (and not box my head in for getting in the way).

I saw a scruff in Vietnam, between a falang (Italian I believe) and a Vietnamese dude that had, I'm quite sure, just ripped him off. I was impressed at the discipline of the Vietnamese. First some locals ran in to break it up, but the Italian dude was being a dick and threatened to box them as well. So they backed off and just watched. The Viet guy was more than capable of handling himself, but when he had the Italian guy on the ground, instead of kicking the shit out of him, he'd throw blows with his fist to the guys body. He wasn't trying to maim him, it looked like he was just trying to give the guy the message leave me alone. Multiple times the Viet guy walked away, with the Italian getting up and going him again. Went on for 15 minutes or so.

Have also seen glasses thrown on floor and smashed, cans and pool balls thrown across the room (nearly copped a can to the head), chairs raised to be thrown (thankfully put down again), in a bar in Vietnam, by a cranky Vietnamese bird. Management had most passive response, just kept trying to get her to calm down, she ended up having a drink before heading off. Unbelievable how much they put up with, I can't imagine this is the normal response in Vietnam though, she really needed to have been stopped earlier.

Another time in Vietnam I saw a youngish guy started to kick a old falang in the back lightly, Muay Thai style (sort of like warning shots, to get him to clear off). He looked a bit Thai, so I asked the mate of the guy fighting if he was Thai, in a completely non threatening manner. The prick got all wide eyed and started shouting to his mate, pointing at me, suggesting I wanted to go him. WTF. I'm no fighter by any means, I just raised my hands in a don't want any trouble gesture, which seemed to aggravate him further lol. There was a security guard standing right next to me the whole time, but I get the impression they don't get involved until absolutely necessary. Anyway it didn't go any further, but I'm willing to bet he was Thai.

Archived