IGNORED

cheap places to eat - please add yours

gazman100

Non-Thai places:

Subway: 139 Baht - Foot long Sub.

Sizzler: 167 Baht- Grilled chicken plus All you can eat soup and salad bar.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike Asia

• toomuch

• sluminit

• El Cata

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, I think Sizzler is 159 for salad bar only and 179 if you include chicken breast with pepper sauce or fish and chips, their current budget specials. Minor correction, but I was there a week or two ago.

Sizzler's salad bar is one of Thailand's greatest deals. For take-away it's 80 baht for upto 500 gramms with a free large cup of soup or Pasta with sauce.

Go above 500gr and it goes up pro rata to the 80 baht opening.

Go below, you ain't really a cheap-charlie coz it's gonna cost you 80baht anyway. :D

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

Sailor Bar rocks. 20 baht for a sangsom coke?! One night some dude bought me 5. Of course I told him that if he wanted more that it would cost him extra. lol I think fried rice is 30 baht, but you should tell them to go easy on the salt.

I mentioned before somewhere, but the place at the end of Soi Buakaow, near Tukcom, there is an evening only place selling chicken and rice or chicken and yellow rice. Very damn good. I think it is 40 baht. Tender and delicious chicken. I bet they sell out every night.

FatherMojo

A new BG asked an experienced BG what was the difference between the Long Con and the Short Con. The experienced BG replied... The Long Con takes longer, but the rewards are far greater.

Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

Pattaya Hotel Listing: www.bookmyspot.com

Condo / Housing Forum: www.roomdaddy.com Please recommend to your friends living in a condo or village. This could be a good place to stay informed about the happenings where you live.

Same same. It took about 15 minutes to wave a girl down to get a new drink then she would run off after getting the first person's order without asking anyone else if they needed anything... I like the place but they really need to improve the service there.

Agreed, thought it was just me.

"Remember, you've never lost the girl, only your turn"

nearly forgot the cheapest place: Look for bars celebrating something. They usually offer free food.

- john

Otherwise known as "Balloon Chasing"

I come to Thailand for the beaches.....How about you ???

My mum's place - its free.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Jack Handey

Otherwise known as "Balloon Chasing"

So that's what it is! Was reading that 'how to throw a party thread earlier' and wasn't sure what that phrase meant. Ta

The food section of 7-11 or Family Mart.

There's sandwiches, but I like the frozen food section. There's fried rice with crab/shrimp/egg, or rice with meat, etc.

That, with a bag of chips, a coke, and ice cream is less than 100 baht, maybe even less than 80 baht and fills me up.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Hole in the wall place opposite liquid lounge soi buckow.....most dishes around 30baht and good quality

Another is the Sailor Bar soi8 sml tiger for 45baht and good cheap food, western and thai

hole in the wall has to be the best i can still picture that guy now out the front who takes your orders in the money apron.

Actually, I think Sizzler is 159 for salad bar only and 179 if you include chicken breast with pepper sauce or fish and chips, their current budget specials.

I agree that the Sizzler salad bar is good value and good quality. Shame the water costs 20B (it used to be free). That new water lark really is a rip-off.

I only paid the 20B extra for the "special" main course once: never again. The fish and chips were hugely greasy and had a very odd taste. Not worth 20B and actually I wouldn't eat them even if they were free. Salad bar is fine though. Tom yam soup also good (included).

Go at lunchtime: in the evening you have to fight your way through a million russians to the buffet. I dont think there is a russian word for "queue" unless it also means "rugby scrum".

I agree that the Sizzler salad bar is good value and good quality. Shame the water costs 20B (it used to be free). That new water lark really is a rip-off.

I only paid the 20B extra for the "special" main course once: never again. The fish and chips were hugely greasy and had a very odd taste. Not worth 20B and actually I wouldn't eat them even if they were free. Salad bar is fine though. Tom yam soup also good (included).

I thought the water was 30 baht, but I might be wrong. I just say 'no thank you' when they ask what I want to drink. Voting with my wallet. I make sure I'm not thirsty when I go. The chicken breast is not too bad, and you can get a baked potato instead of fries which is nice.

Edited by expatdude

Best value I found is Boat Restaurant on 2nd road. A big step up from food stalls, OK people watching from the front booths. Great Thai dishes most under 42 baht, good European meat dishes under 90 baht, spagetti and meat sauce 42 baht and good ice cream shakes and desserts around 30 baht. They advertise a 50 baht breakfast. A few of the waiters can be a pain in the arse.

Boat restaurant is ok. 50 baht for breakfast inc coffee. Not a big feed, but cheap. And yes. Waiters are aholes. One lunch, didn,t even bring my food. A bit cranky.

I agree that the Boat restaurant is OK for the price, location and for what it is. I have even seen Thais in there without farang company, which must mean something. The menu is clear and there is no surprise with the price at the end. (They used to give free water too, of course, but that is out of the window now.)

It is no more than OK though, which still makes it better than a load of nearby rip-off places that I would never set foot in!

My new favorite for their daily specials is the Lincoln restaurant on 3rd road opposite the village chippy at the pedestrian crossing (opposite side of 3rd road). There are three 99 baht specials every day and the non pasta specials are delicious, large and well presented. A big plus is much of the restaurant has air conditioning. Even a better deal than the Boathouse IMHO.

Note - I have no business interests or even know the owner just passing on a good restaurant.

http://lincoln-pattaya.com/web/wp/

Edited by gerry53

• 2 months later...

not impressed with hole in the wall or tin cups as ive heard it called as well,the food seem to be toned down for farangs maybe thats why not many thais go in anymore,we had four different dishes and it was all too bland for me.

My mum's place - its free.

and also grandma's place :) its always free and taste so good :):Offtopic2:

My new favorite for their daily specials is the Lincoln restaurant on 3rd road opposite the village chippy at the pedestrian crossing (opposite side of 3rd road). There are three 99 baht specials every day and the non pasta specials are delicious, large and well presented. A big plus is much of the restaurant has air conditioning. Even a better deal than the Boathouse IMHO.

Note - I have no business interests or even know the owner just passing on a good restaurant.

http://lincoln-pattaya.com/web/wp/

Bernie & barflys @ Pars Place recommended this place to us; very nice.

We went for the Cordon Bleu, served with fries & salad, a couple of times. Aloi mak mak & can't fall off for 99B.

Also, Cherries have an 'all you can eat' rib night on Fridays I think, with ice-cream to follow for 100B! Didn't get the chance to sample though - plans of mosquitos & men. :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

Try Leks place. Cheap and very good food. Soi xzite.

I used to eat at Leks Place quite regularly. Decent price (although prices have gone up recently) and decent food. Water is free. Small place so often difficult to get a seat during lunch time.

But now I can't be bothered with the very unfriendly staff there. You could eat there every day for a year and they will still ignore you!

Makes you want to eat fast and get out as quickly as possible....

No matter where you go, there you are....