IGNORED

cheap places to eat - please add yours

gazman100

Hi all,

I'm looking for cheap food places in Pattaya, I've been eating at Kiss, Apex, Pattaya beer garden, any other suggestions for places which have good value or cheap food.

Cheers

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike Asia

• toomuch

• sluminit

• El Cata

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Place often referred to as "hole in the wall" on Soi Bukhaow opposite pink karaoke building (not far from LK Metro), Nusch food at top of Soi Chaiyapoon/Xzyte (I think) Soi Bukhaow end also, both places cheap and lovely meals, although larger portions at the Hole in the Wall place.

I've also been told that there are good meals to be had at the place opposite Pook Swan House on Bukhaow, but havn't eaten there myself. .

Best places really though are street carts for real cheap and fresh food - just send your "TG du jour" off with afew baht and she'll return with a banquet!!!

Try Seaside on Soi Chaiyapoon, Fried Rice about 50 baht. Has AC section also.

If you go beyond 2nd Road to Bookow, Chayapoom, etc, you will find all food is relatively cheap and, because of the huge amounts of competition, it needs to be pretty damm good.

You've got cuisines from all over the world represented costing a fraction of what it would in the west.

Pig out!!!!

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

Try the new "All You Can East for 99 Baht" at Soi Diana Inn near 2nd Rd.

They have a set menu each day, plus a variety of a la carte choices.

Mon: Pasta

Tue: Chicken

Wed: Burgers

Thu: Lasagna

Fri: BBQ Kebabs

Sat: Pizza

Sun: Roast Dinner

Always busy and obviously a successful business.

That all for 99 got quite bad reviews. Be careful. Price is at least 129 Baht as at least one drink is mandatory and extra charged.

Do not forget about 7/11. Open 24h. A sandwich for 20 Baht or a hot dog are not that bad in price.

- john

Anyone know where you can eat healthy food cheap in Pats, salads fruit etc, thanks.

Men fall in love by their eye`s, woman fall in love by their ear`s.

Best value I found is Boat Restaurant on 2nd road. A big step up from food stalls, OK people watching from the front booths. Great Thai dishes most under 42 baht, good European meat dishes under 90 baht, spagetti and meat sauce 42 baht and good ice cream shakes and desserts around 30 baht. They advertise a 50 baht breakfast. A few of the waiters can be a pain in the arse.

Edited by gerry53

Sailor Bar has to be on the list for cheap food and drink.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

Anyone know where you can eat healthy food cheap in Pats, salads fruit etc, thanks.

Majority of Thai food (well the stuff I like!! Som Tam yummyyyy) is healthy, as long as you don't have too much of the deep fried items or coconut milk filled dishes. If thai food isn't your thing there is LOADS of fresh fruit/veg to be had from markets/street vendors. Not forgetting there are loads of supermarkets you can go to to buy food if you want to prepare your own. Oh and not forgetting the fantastic fresh coked chickens that are on offer on soi bukhaow (lady was outside Sutus Court, but not sure where her pitch is now - anyone know??), road to Jomtien etc

Edited by prilla

I agree with bocelli27 Sailor bar cheap and good value, Schnitzel cordon blue with great potato salad 100 cheap drinksbaht, tahi food around 30 baht and cheap drinks.

Cherry restaurant on 3rd road great value but not in the cheap category really but you get great meal and salad bar for around 245 baht and all you can eat buffet on Wednesday I believe for the same price.

Canterbury Tales Cafe all day English breakfast 90 baht includes 2 eggs 2 bacon sausage beans tomato toast/marmalade, tea or coffee and orange juice.

+ the huge amount of used books and book exchange.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Sailor Bar Soi 8...Always cheap food and drink..and busy...

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Palmers bar in soi 13/4 does decent food that's keenly priced

I hardly know the place after just one visit, but did find it pretty easy to find cheap eat.

I must say, I stuck mainly to a diet of fluids, but remember a bbq/buffet place somewhere behind Big C - 'All you can eat' set up for 139 baht ..enough for at least 2 days!

Life's too short!

Place often referred to as "hole in the wall" on Soi Bukhaow opposite pink karaoke building (not far from LK Metro), Nusch food at top of Soi Chaiyapoon/Xzyte (I think) Soi Bukhaow end also, both places cheap and lovely meals, although larger portions at the Hole in the Wall place.

I've also been told that there are good meals to be had at the place opposite Pook Swan House on Bukhaow, but havn't eaten there myself. .

Best places really though are street carts for real cheap and fresh food - just send your "TG du jour" off with afew baht and she'll return with a banquet!!!

The place across from the pink karaoke building is great! Between 30-50 baht for most meals and the food is delicious. I ate almost every single one of my meals there..

Hard to beat: Mon-Wed buffets at the Robins Nest, Soi Diana. 89 baht all you can eat! I had the Curry one on Wed and it was great. About 5-6 different curry styles with rice and condiments :P

I agree with bocelli27 Sailor bar cheap and good value, Schnitzel cordon blue with great potato salad 100 cheap drinksbaht, tahi food around 30 baht and cheap drinks.

Cherry restaurant on 3rd road great value but not in the cheap category really but you get great meal and salad bar for around 245 baht and all you can eat buffet on Wednesday I believe for the same price.

245 TBH is not cheap thats £5=$10.

Men fall in love by their eye`s, woman fall in love by their ear`s.

Try the new "All You Can East for 99 Baht" at Soi Diana Inn near 2nd Rd.

They have a set menu each day, plus a variety of a la carte choices.

Mon: Pasta

Tue: Chicken

Wed: Burgers

Thu: Lasagna

Fri: BBQ Kebabs

Sat: Pizza

Sun: Roast Dinner

Always busy and obviously a successful business.

Mon-havent tried yet

Tues- EXCELLENT...served with Chicken Kabobs(BBQ), Fried Fillet breast, Chicken Breast(BBQ), Salad

Weds-Burgers...Ok...dry and if you ask for no BUN they freak and say No you must have bun..srved with frys and salad

Thu- EXCELLENT choose from cheese, chicken or beef served with italian salad

Fri- havent tried...but if the same as Tues Kabobs...its good

Sat- Good, Not to thick but not hin, served with salad.

Sun- havent tried.

Only complaint I have is the one drink min. I have no problem spending 65 baht for a beer and paying for another one. But when I order a coke zero for 35 baht, I expect at LEAST 1 free refill. Theres no way you can eat 2 plates of food on one (with ice) about 10 ounces of drink. Overall great atmosphere.

for those people living here,the cheapest way to eat is cooking yourself at home.

for those not ably to cook in their room there is awalys

the bbq on the street and the many foodstalls around in town.

i live at the backside of tukcom and there are a load of foodstalls during daytime even till midnight.

and if you prefer some better more expensive food there a load of good farrang restaurants in pattaya

• 1 month later...

Off of Soi Bakou, "NeeRoy's", 99 baht fish and chips - big portion. Delivery also.

Noodle soup stands - Usually only 20-40 baht, a bowl of soup. Really good and tasty. The small plastic chairs will calapse if I sit on 1, so I stack 2 and then I can sit. Mostly Thais eat at these, but I really enjoy the soup.

Enjoy

Moon%20Rover%20W_jpg.jpg

Hole in the Wall on Soi Boukhow - 30 baht for khao pad kai and its a big portion. Many dishes 30 - 50 bht all very good quality and taste. I also agree that Robin's Nest buffets for 89 bht offers excellent value for money on Soi Diana. Worst meal I had the whole time there was Pizza Hut - cost me 500 bht and tasted like crap. Actually complained and they gave me 1 main course for free.

Sailor Bar Soi 8...Always cheap food and drink..and busy...

+1 .... located in soi 8 on beach road side.

I often eat there when I am hunting TG in Soi 7/8 area.

Cheap and good thai and western food as well.

If there are no more seats in the restaurant we can be served in the bar.

Old freelancers there ... not for me.

There is also a good and cheap buffet in Eastiny hotel (Pattaya Beach Rd., Soi 8)

Eat as much as you can for about 120 B in july august 2009.