IGNORED

My Canterbury Tales

I've eaten at Canterbury Tales many times--excellent value and quality, especially on the breakfast. Didn't think the coffee was anything special, though, isn't it instant?

That's the Continental Bakery, I believe. I only ate breakfast there once, and it was nowhere near as good as Canterbury Tales so I never went back. Having said that, it's very popular--it can be very crowded at times so maybe I just hit them on a bad day.

The continental offer a much more varied fare with croissants and yoghurt's etc etc and of course different breads.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• 1 month later...

How are their condos?

I am planning a new trip and considering several accommodations.

• 1 month later...

I remembered this thread from when it was first started. I have honestly never laughed so much over a sausage, or lack of 1 (well there was that 1 time with the accidental LB but we don't mention that! :unsure:).

Anyway I'm bit of a fan of the Pattaya hangover and often a fry up is just what the body craves so Canterbury Tales was on my list to check out next trip. The reviews in this thread were overwhelmingly positive plus the fact Dave replies to even the most idiotic posts I think shows he cares about his business and his customers. He wasn't there when I visited but I was more than happy with the service provided by his staff in his abscence, no issues there at all.

I went there about 8 or 9 times in April, it was by far my most used breakfast venue and I can honestly say that their breakfast is probably the best you will find in Pattaya for the price. I'm not a big eater so the 90 baht brekkie was the one I chose. I couldn't fault it.

I also tried Robins Nest brekkie. If memory serves was 150 baht. Nice but worth the extra 60 baht? No way. Better value was Kilkenny Breakfast at 120 baht I think. Still not better value than CT and also Soi LK is getting busier everyday. At my usual breakfast time (4 or 5pm) it is bustling and full of BGs, not what I want with my sausage and bacon and hangover. The first time I went for the Kilkenny brekkie I was told 'no kitchen today!'. The second time I got my brekkie but also had a Bg sit and chat to me, presumably she fancied an LD or some business!

So in summary Canterbury Tales breakfast. Great value, good food, for me cooked perfectly every time. Nice location, plenty to view as you eat but not too busy. And the sausage was lovely!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Yes a few have mentioned my sausage and still do and really I am proud of my sausage, hope to meet you next time Pepe and we can discuss it over a couple of eggs.

PS, try the chicken schnitzel sandwich too its yummy.Schnitzel.3.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg