Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

My Canterbury Tales

hi there

was at the cant tales few days back n it had me coming back 3 times in four days, loved the fish n chips , nice n crusty the fish and a great portion of it too. the brekkie was nice , i think can do with some more orange juice , next time am looking at staying here itself , so lets see. cheers all

Cheers Maximus.

Look forward to seeing you again next time, as for rooms, please book early.

Cheers Dave

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Newly renovated Large Room with seperate Bedroom / Lounge, A/C, 2 Cieling fans, TV, DVD player,large free DVD library,

Fridge, electronic safe, Tea/Coffee maker, Sofa, + Leather Recliner, en-suite,

Dining table & chairs. Free Wifi, Balcony.

This room is 3A, no pics yet but a couple of days away, similar to 4A on the website but a bit bigger, same room rates too.

Its always nice to have a browse round the books when finished breakfast, the place always has a nice vibe and foodwise- good baked beans.

I hope the wide choice of books is good for you too.

Cheers Dave

• 2 weeks later...

3A pics now on the website.

well that just made me hungary and as for CT i'll have to stop in and say hi Dave.....

i hope its breakfast all day because i wont be out of bed till the pm...

I pretty much visit canterbury tales everytime I go to Pattaya, there are on occasion the odd problem, nothing major, just things that make you laugh.

Yesterday I ordered a cheese sandwich and then changed my mind, and said no thanks, walked down the road to a bar, next minute the lady turned up with a cheese sandwich and a checkbin was put on the table! I thought it was funny, I did actually want the cheese sandwich, even though i had changed my mind. Good service really, just a translation error.

Occasional problems only, wow Bry your too kind......

• 2 months later...

Still busy, must be doing something right.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Duffer.

All the best mate.

hi dave whens canterbury tales jomtien due to open what soi's it on ?

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

Dave just one thing.

STOP THEM DEEP FRYING THE BLOODY BLACK PUDDING.

carry on.

Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita

If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0

Hi guys.

Jomtien not sure if 1/2/3/4 weeks then some renovation etc but will let you know, as for the black pudd they dont deep fry it only shallow.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to go to crazy daves which are great portions although not as good taste as canterbury.

El cata i think i am owed sausages as well :)

But the best breakfast i have had is at the ritz on soi yamato try the ritz breakfast that is where i now go it has just gone up 20 baht to 170 baht but worth it you only get one sausage but it is probably the same size as two sausages elswhere but taste much better and you get two good mugs of coffe,nice bread,only the mushrooms let it down but there the same everywhere no orange juice(but you dont get that at canterbury just colured water) but i buy a bottle or iced coffee at seven eleven on second road and take it in to the ritz.

Misuss said thai food better there as well but only ever had cowpat and shared with my son.

If anyone says canterbury is better they either dont know what an english brekkie is or there after a drink of dave lol.

Yes it is 30 baht more but i reckon it fills you up more and is better quality than canterbury and the ritz also has aircon although i go at about nine in the morning(kid sees to that lol) and just put the fan on which is good enough,but if you are like most people and eat breckie in the afternoon it would be nice to have aircon.

Give it a try its as close as your gunna get to an english breakfast back home.

I used to go to crazy daves which are great portions although not as good taste as canterbury.

El cata i think i am owed sausages as well :Drunk1:

But the best breakfast i have had is at the ritz on soi yamato try the ritz breakfast that is where i now go it has just gone up 20 baht to 170 baht but worth it you only get one sausage but it is probably the same size as two sausages elswhere but taste much better and you get two good mugs of coffe,nice bread,only the mushrooms let it down but there the same everywhere no orange juice(but you dont get that at canterbury just colured water) but i buy a bottle or iced coffee at seven eleven on second road and take it in to the ritz.

Misuss said thai food better there as well but only ever had cowpat and shared with my son.

If anyone says canterbury is better they either dont know what an english brekkie is or there after a drink of dave lol.

Yes it is 30 baht more but i reckon it fills you up more and is better quality than canterbury and the ritz also has aircon although i go at about nine in the morning(kid sees to that lol) and just put the fan on which is good enough,but if you are like most people and eat breckie in the afternoon it would be nice to have aircon.

Give it a try its as close as your gunna get to an english breakfast back home.

Actually our Breakfast is 90 baht so not 30baht difference but 80 baht, quite significant and I have eated there and not a whole lot different to ours, do they still offer Thai coffee as I couldn't drink it when I went there.

If the op stayed at Chow Soy, why did he eat ar CT? The food. service, and staff are infinently better at the Soy.

CT is very good at PR, however.

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

Actually our Breakfast is 90 baht so not 30baht difference but 80 baht, quite significant and I have eated there and not a whole lot different to ours, do they still offer Thai coffee as I couldn't drink it when I went there.

I am all for someone promoting there buisness but to say there is not much difference that is just bulshit,

Go again and ask him where he gets his sausages and bread from then you would have to charge more for your breckies.

Iam shore i paid 140 in your place but maybe that was because i ordered another coffee or ordered mushrooms or black pudding which you charge more for(or i did not get them on my plate) how much do you charge for black pudding and mushrooms and an extra coffee? probably cost more than the ritz.

Nothing wrong with the coffee at the ritz two mugs nice and strong.I thought your coffee was instant must of missed your filter coffee.Not a whole lot of difference so you saying its a little better or a little worse at the ritz?

as for the black pudd they dont deep fry it only shallow.

Pmsl Your in denial. It was more like a bloody crisp.

Tell you what the secret of customer satisfaction is, it's accepting when your wrong or the business has faults. coming on and basically calling people who have eaten there and know what they were served and charged liars is pretty pointless isn't it ah well there may not be cheaper but I wouldn't care about that.

The pig and whistle charge what thiers is worth and I suppose so do you. As we say in this part of yorkshire "pay nowt get nowt" .

Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita

If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0

Woh guys, I wasn't or didn't call anyone a liar just pointing out that I had a breakfast before in the Ritz ( 2 years ago) and it wasn't too different from our at the time and was 70 baht more expensive at that time and the coffee was Thai coffee and not to my taste, it wasn't filter coffee and I could not drink it, I am sure the Ritz has its regular customers as most others.

People choose to eat where ever for what ever reason, I realized long ago that you cannot please all the people all the time, its the same with any service situation I am sure and establishments have their followers and pals who will back them so lets keep it real.

Cheers Dave

How is it more expensive?

I will ask ask again as you chose to ignore how much do you charge for mushrooms blackpudding and an extra coffee

I dont think the price difference is significant now do you?

Did I ignore it sorry but when I had the breakfast at the ritz it did not have black pudding or mushrooms and the only difference was one more sausages and the coffee and was 70 baht more expensive so yes significant in my opinion.

Did I ignore it sorry but when I had the breakfast at the ritz it did not have black pudding or mushrooms and the only difference was one more sausages and the coffee and was 70 baht more expensive so yes significant in my opinion.

Your full of it,you jumped on my post saying the ritz was 70 baht more expensive and there was not much difference in quality,so your saying 2 years ago they did 3 sausages?

WHAT IS THE COST OF YOUR BRECKIE WITH AN EXTRA COFFEE BLACK PUDDING AND MUSHROOMS?

Not such a bargain for an inferior breckie.

So there is no significant price difference in my opinion.

There is one thing better about your place and that is location so you will always do well as your breckie is good but just not as good as the ritz imo.

If you have not been there for 2 years try it again,but obviously dont post on here what you think :P

Calm down mate, not worth a heart attack, I think you lost it somewhere in translation, let me explain the point I was making, 2 years ago I had a breakfast at the ritz and the only difference was as I remember they offered 2 sausages where our small breaky was one and their coffee was the cheap Thai coffee ( not filter coffee) which I could not drink , (black pudd or mushrooms were not included) I was not saying their breky was bad, just mentioning my view and the price difference was 70 baht more expensive than ours.

You can of course have extras on our breakfast such as black pudd, mushrooms, venison steak, Rabbits ears as an extra when available but that wasn't the point, our breakfast at the time was 70baht for 2 eggs 2 bacon, 1 sausage, beans, tomato, tea ( Tetley) or coffee (Nescafe)and free orange juice/squash (bottle)and the ritz was about the same but with an extra sausage and coffee(creosote) for 140baht therefore 70baht difference.

If I did not explain this properly or made it difficult to understand please let me know as our breakfast can be ordered and paid for via the website and I will send one over for you to inspect at your leisure........no only joking.

All the best Dave

PS What am I full of ??