Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

My Canterbury Tales

Hi Fellas

Stayed opposite Canterburys during May 2009, at the the Chow Soy.

I breakfasted here on 20+ occasions, so I must have liked it!

I chose the big breakfast every day (fat bastard) which included:

2 eggs, 2 bacon, 1 sausage, beans, tomato, black pudding, 1 toast and marmalade, Tea or Coffee and orange juice.

For a grand price of 140b!

Well, many adventures ensued.

I was sat with Dave on my 1st day. The waitress got my order wrong (big not small breakfast), but altered my bill accordingly 10 mins later. Dave commented 'f*cking typical'.

The waitresses seemed a bit too small (or young) & therefore inexperienced / immature. I thought that they were Dave's daughters at first. :IdHitIt2:

Dave is the master of marketing, with his 'orange juice' that is 'orange cordial', & his daily newspapers that are usually 2 weeks out of date (you might find yourself reading the same paper on the plane & on your last day.) I stayed 5 weeks so was glad to be updated on blighty, although belatedly! :MonkeyFight:

The food. In one word - excellent. Well cooked & tasty, the best VALUE breakfast in Pattaya!!!

Imagine a breakfast you might get from a greasy spoon in the UK (although suprisingly not greasy!)

There were various minor problems during my 20+ forays into CTs.

Wrong order delivered.

Orange cordial not delivered (didn't care anyway)

Sausage not included (blasphemy!!! Sorted with a quick word.)

Asked for ice coffee, 1 waitress did not understand on several occasions.

To summarise. Top work Dave. Great brekkie. Minor teething problems with staff. :GoldenSmile1:

For comparison, the Butchers Arms down the road offers a big brekkie inc a pot of tea for 200b, for you LDOPs :Grin_Jump1:

Their linconshire sausages are to die for though! Although their fried potatoes leave something to be desired!

There is also a nice Thai place to the right of CTs. My Tilac & I ordred lab moo, pad seeyou, som tum & 2 cokes for 150b!!!

Sorry Dave. Honest review mate.

Best Regards

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

yeh cantebury tales is sound like great food

shame about the hp sauce tho didnt taste quite the same

and the indian across the road is really good too

at the tales i would always get the breakfast definitely set me up for the day

on the other side of the same road the indian i had sausages and mash probably the best food besides cant

i tend to give robins nest a miss though

Ah I think I may have gotten too excited while making this a seperate topic.

Mods, please move these posts onto the already busy existing CT cafe topic if possible.

One thing I would like to add (sorry Dave negative again) is my tilak's comments regarding the food.

On tasting the Tom Yum, she remarked:

'Not same before, sailor bar soi 8, not same everywhere, not good here.'

I did notice that the soup was rather watery, not creamy like she had had before.

Just my (& my tilak's) observations Dave. You might want to rehash the recipe!

Peace

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

The breakfast is OK, reasonably good value, but Dave appears to change his staff more often than his shirt - I have never been to a Farang restaurant where the staff get the orders wrong so frequently(basically just breakfast). Fried egg instead of Scrambled, missed beans, missed sausage, missed toast, missed orange - not all at the same time and I have had quite a few breakfasts there so its not that bad.

Its not the fault of the staff - may be Dave and his wife should do a bit of training for new waitresses and kitchen staff.

Edited by ingo67

Yes I am aware that the staff do make mistakes and often is their fault but sometimes I have to laugh as the other day an Ausy guy shouted to the girl serving " how about a cuppa Luv".

She looked at him and didn't really know he was talking to her, I asked him if he really though she knew what he said, he said I should explain, of course I can but I am not there all the time, and as we know with the Thai staff they are no apt at saying 'excuse me what was that" so please guys we do train them but there is only so much they can take in when customers dont know how to ask for it, so please be clear and most of the time they get it right.

I spend a lot of time in the Cafe and is very noticeable that when a customer asks clearly for something he normally gets it, but sometimes I cant even understand what they say so there is bound to be confusion.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

I have just had many breakfasts over the last 4 weeks and enjoyed all of them, the young girls there are very nice, especially the one that normally takes the order, she always smiles , remembers what you like, I always had no 1 breakfast, she always turned on the fan straight awaay when you sat down, you just had to make sure they understand what you want, the only thing I would stay to dave is maybe put a few more beans in the coffee.

Always a good group of guys there to have a yarn with, a great spot,

carry on Dave.

Thanks Regor, it is an awkward one the coffee, some like it strong, some like it weak, really if its too weak ask them to put nit noy more in, they will.

This is our Breakfast numberbreaky best 1copy.jpg 2

No lake no more, they fixed the drainage and the road, although the road is showing signs of wear already, I think they call it a bodge job, but when it rains its gone very quick now.

This is our Breakfast numberbreaky best 1copy.jpg 2

120 baht & 2 sausages. Surely not. 140 baht with 1 sausage I remember.

If not you owe me 400 baht & 20 sausages.

I'll be round with the boys tomorrow. :Beer:

Hmmmm. Sausages!!!

Peace.

sgu_banner.gif

I'm a great fan of Palmers.

Two fried eggs, bacon, tomato, fried potatoes, coffee and beans 95 baht.

Large fresh orange juice 50baht.

I'm a great fan of Palmers.

Two fried eggs, bacon, tomato, fried potatoes, coffee and beans 95 baht.

Large fresh orange juice 50baht.

were's palmers?

i can resist anything , apart from temptation

Palmers Bar which is well-known for its standard English fare is on Pattayaland Soi 2 close to Boystown.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

got to say, went there a couple of times last trip and had no problems.

One thing I have always wanted to ask a farang restaurant/cafe owner, why do the fried eggs always come half cooked (still clear whites)? Gives me the 'boak' (nausea).

I try to short circuit that be asking them to fry both sides but I would say maybe 1 out of every 20 cafe's/restaurants actually do what you ask.

Would be interested in the reply here.

Wha's like us?

Eggs can be a bit temperamental as some guys like them runny to dip their soldiers in and some like solid overcooked, so I am there a lot and keep my eye on things as much as I can and guys do occasionally ask for them to be overcooked or runny and mostly the staff will get it done, I tend to try to get them to keep them consistently similar to the photo in the post above.

Hi Fellas

Stayed opposite Canterburys during May 2009, at the the Chow Soy.

I breakfasted here on 20+ occasions, so I must have liked it!

I chose the big breakfast every day (fat bastard) which included:

2 eggs, 2 bacon, 1 sausage, beans, tomato, black pudding, 1 toast and marmalade, Tea or Coffee and orange juice.

For a grand price of 140b!

Well, many adventures ensued.

I was sat with Dave on my 1st day. The waitress got my order wrong (big not small breakfast), but altered my bill accordingly 10 mins later. Dave commented 'f*cking typical'.

The waitresses seemed a bit too small (or young) & therefore inexperienced / immature. I thought that they were Dave's daughters at first. :001_Thank_You5:

Dave is the master of marketing, with his 'orange juice' that is 'orange cordial', & his daily newspapers that are usually 2 weeks out of date (you might find yourself reading the same paper on the plane & on your last day.) I stayed 5 weeks so was glad to be updated on blighty, although belatedly! :MonkeyFight:

The food. In one word - excellent. Well cooked & tasty, the best VALUE breakfast in Pattaya!!!

Imagine a breakfast you might get from a greasy spoon in the UK (although suprisingly not greasy!)

There were various minor problems during my 20+ forays into CTs.

Wrong order delivered.

Orange cordial not delivered (didn't care anyway)

Sausage not included (blasphemy!!! Sorted with a quick word.)

Asked for ice coffee, 1 waitress did not understand on several occasions.

To summarise. Top work Dave. Great brekkie. Minor teething problems with staff. :ThankGod1:

For comparison, the Butchers Arms down the road offers a big brekkie inc a pot of tea for 200b, for you LDOPs :Grin_Jump1:

Their linconshire sausages are to die for though! Although their fried potatoes leave something to be desired!

There is also a nice Thai place to the right of CTs. My Tilac & I ordred lab moo, pad seeyou, som tum & 2 cokes for 150b!!!

Sorry Dave. Honest review mate.

Best Regards

:Blah3: think you wanna change your name to victor fucking meldrew , never heard so much bollocks in my life :LMFAO: iv eaten there over 20 times and never had a complaint concerning the food or service nor any of my fellow bms.

:Blah3: think you wanna change your name to victor fucking meldrew , never heard so much bollocks in my life :LMFAO:

Think you 'wanna' change your name to WONDER WOMAN, cos you're such a bitch. :MonkeyFight:

iv eaten there over 20 times...

I HAVE eaten there over 20 times as well. See above.

and never had a complaint concerning the food or service nor any of my fellow bms.

Well lucky you! I had minor issues almost every other day, but still chose to eat at CT. I gave what I thought was an honest review (good & bad points IMO.)

So what was the Victor 'f*cking' Meldrew comment about?

BTW. No complaints from BMs? Use the search function!

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

:Beer1::Insanity::Blah3::Blah3: shut up victor you moaning twat and get a life :LMAO1:

:Blah3::Blah3::Blah3::Blah3: shut up victor you moaning twat and get a life :Finger5:

Much as I'd like to continue this intellectual meeting of minds. I think that we should draw a veil over this whole sorry affair.

Is this person representative of the calibre of trusted / advanced members? Count me out.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

Its nice to be nicepost-2454-1253539150.jpgpost-2454-1251484794.jpg

Hi Dave,

That's a mighty fine looking meal there in the 1st pic. Is that 'Weiner Schnitzel' ala Kingsmill with chips?

BTW you've not answered my previous question regarding the number of sausages included in your big breakfast.

Please forward all outstanding sausages to the following address:

c/o Victor Meldrew

Hold Close

Shafta Way

County Pennies

R2D2 C3PO

Peace. :)

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

ate breakfast many times at ct with tg food good but sitting listening to dave and his friends swearing and being vulgar is a problem i realise many thai ladies dont understand this sort of language but some do

So is there anywhere that serves a American Breakfast.

I tried several places that advertised American fair but ....

I mean orange juice (not tang), real bacon (not those round slices of ham) and hash browns.

And beans for breakfast ???

How about sausage gravy and buttermilk biscuits

... damn now I am getting hungry.

Edited by lostagain