IGNORED

VT6 through Dancewatchers/Honeys

rain_angelus

2 hours ago, lovermand66 said:

Where is the better value you are talking about? And price? Hard to beat that location

Just about everywhere (condos and hotels) are better value - as you are paying for the location.

17 hours ago, mattmoore1965x said:

Just about everywhere (condos and hotels) are better value - as you are paying for the location.

So you compare apples and orange…🤷‍♂️😳

17 hours ago, mattmoore1965x said:

So Im going to disagree. My budget was £100 a night. I wanted a sea view but alot of space. VT6 was by far the best value. LK Empress is 40m2 for £92. Hilton was £156 for 46m2 and the same view. I got 147m2 for £84 by going with VT6 and cleaning every other day.

• Like 2

Countdown Clocks

For units with a good sea view I don't think you can really argue against the "value" in most VT6 units.  The views from the south facing, and west facing units are really nice (For now.  Who knows when construction on the adjacent lot starts).  The location is awesome.

My issue with the place is it's just dated, and kind of hospital like.  The facilities are not well kept.  The elevators can be a pain.  The girls don't like it, as it has a bad reputation among the younger crowd for whatever reason (haunted). 

To each their own. 

6 hours ago, lovermand66 said:

So you compare apples and orange…🤷‍♂️😳

No, I’m comparing VT6 and similar condors (or better) in not such a good location - which I said you are paying for with VT6

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/02/2024 at 17:01, mattmoore1965x said:

No, I’m comparing VT6 and similar condors (or better) in not such a good location - which I said you are paying for with VT6

If you wouldn't mind posting some examples would e greatly appreciated. 

I've stayed at a couple of places during my last couple trips and I find VT6 is the best for me. I like how much room I get, the balcony and TV. I've also come to prefer a certain vendor over the others at VT6 just because of how they furnish the room. Have always booked through Agoda. I would love another option with a room as big or similar to VT6 with a balcony I could smoke on. 

15 minutes ago, Double Nutt Dave said:

If you wouldn't mind posting some examples would e greatly appreciated. 

I've stayed at a couple of places during my last couple trips and I find VT6 is the best for me. I like how much room I get, the balcony and TV. I've also come to prefer a certain vendor over the others at VT6 just because of how they furnish the room. Have always booked through Agoda. I would love another option with a room as big or similar to VT6 with a balcony I could smoke on. 

Which vendor did you prefer?

I am staying with Casa Pascal in July. I will so a review once I am done.0

• Like 1

Countdown Clocks

43 minutes ago, rain_angelus said:

Which vendor did you prefer?

I am staying with Casa Pascal in July. I will so a review once I am done.0

Cando. 

I've stayed at Honey, Pat47? (i dont remember the number), VTSix? The one thats got an office with the filipino staff exist to second road. 

My first trip I had stayed in Altera near Soi 6 and it was nice but it felt small. VT6 no matter the vendor I find that the difference in the rooms i've been in is just how they furnish the space but otherwise its same size room and balcony, etc. One room I was in did have a Jacuzzi instead of a shower though but that was it from my experiences at VT6. 

I didn't know about dreamwatchers and now Casa Pascal until right now, I usually book through Agoda so i'm looking forward to your review. 

WHOA I just saw the rooms at Casa Pascal and those are huge rooms. I've only stayed in the 48SQM ones these are 90+ so disregard all that nonsense I just said about the size of the rooms. 

Edited by Double Nutt Dave
  • Like 1

i used dance watchers for my last 4 stays, 18-659 for all of them, always had a reply to emails within 12 hours and it's been fine for all of my stays. i had daily cleaning and bedding change, the time was agreed on arrival and they were pretty punctual, usually three or four ladies arrived and were done in about 15 minutes but did a very good job. i also used the taxi service they offer a couple of times, good driver and a large but not too modern car (but still quite acceptable)

The downside to vt6 for me was that damn bird screeching in the trees at far too early o'clock and sometimes the lifts were busy and slow. i also had one lady refuse to come to vt6 because of ghosts, that was late last year and the first time it happened.

staying in one of casa pascals this year as 18-659 was booked so will let you all know how that went.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, oldharry said:

i used dance watchers for my last 4 stays, 18-659 for all of them, always had a reply to emails within 12 hours and it's been fine for all of my stays. i had daily cleaning and bedding change, the time was agreed on arrival and they were pretty punctual, usually three or four ladies arrived and were done in about 15 minutes but did a very good job. i also used the taxi service they offer a couple of times, good driver and a large but not too modern car (but still quite acceptable)

The downside to vt6 for me was that damn bird screeching in the trees at far too early o'clock and sometimes the lifts were busy and slow. i also had one lady refuse to come to vt6 because of ghosts, that was late last year and the first time it happened.

staying in one of casa pascals this year as 18-659 was booked so will let you all know how that went.

Oh man, this apartment is insane...i'd love it, but I can stomach that price in asia

• 5 weeks later...

I've stayed in VT6 multiple times, always with Honey's. No complaints at all. 

I'm back in a few weeks, but alas Honey's had no availability, so I have booked via Dancewatchers. Can somebody please tell me where their reception point is? I've never seen their office, so have no idea where I go to check-in. 

3 hours ago, Chachi420 said:

Can somebody please tell me where their reception point is? I've never seen their office, so have no idea where I go to check-in. 

Their office is in jomtien. After booking you usually get instructions from them like (call them 1h before check-in time or after you landed in bangkok) or something 

Edited by stiflers_dad

18 hours ago, stiflers_dad said:

Their office is in jomtien. After booking you usually get instructions from them like (call them 1h before check-in time or after you landed in bangkok) or something 

Thank you, Stifler's Dad 😁 

I'm stopping a couple nights in Bangkok first, so will give them a call before I jump in the cab 

On 10/04/2024 at 20:09, Chachi420 said:

Thank you, Stifler's Dad 😁 

I'm stopping a couple nights in Bangkok first, so will give them a call before I jump in the cab 

if you are staying vt6 they meet you in the seating area by the security desk on the ground floor, I've always called after leaving the airport and never waited long to be met.

• 2 weeks later...

if arriving in the evening like my last 2 trips Dancewatchers have let me go to the open room and see me next morning for passport info

I've stayed with Dancewatchers twice, and both times were good. On my last trip I was comparing prices with Honey, and emailed Tic to see if she would waive their 1,000 baht fee (forgot what they called it) on top of their regular pricing, and she declined. So I did not book there this time. Honey's pricing seemed more reasonable. But again, no complaints against Dancewatchers other than that fee. 

I love VT6 and it's location, but the only other complaint I'll offer is about the noise between the units and from the hallway. On one trip I had residents in an adjoining unit making a ton of noise (could hear right through the walls), while the noise from the acoustically live hallway was an additional assault. On another trip I had total quiet from adjoining units and the hallway on an upper floor, although this was during covid, so maybe not so many people there then. I think it all depends on the unit you get, its location within the complex, and who's staying next door. 

I must be different from most people who tend to complain about noise from outside the unit. For me, outside noise is natural and tolerable, but listening to noisy adjoining neighbors or hallway noises ruins the peaceful atmosphere. 

46 minutes ago, Mr. Plug said:

I've stayed with Dancewatchers twice, and both times were good. On my last trip I was comparing prices with Honey, and emailed Tic to see if she would waive their 1,000 baht fee (forgot what they called it) on top of their regular pricing, and she declined. So I did not book there this time. Honey's pricing seemed more reasonable. But again, no complaints against Dancewatchers other than that fee. 

I love VT6 and it's location, but the only other complaint I'll offer is about the noise between the units and from the hallway. On one trip I had residents in an adjoining unit making a ton of noise (could hear right through the walls), while the noise from the acoustically live hallway was an additional assault. On another trip I had total quiet from adjoining units and the hallway on an upper floor, although this was during covid, so maybe not so many people there then. I think it all depends on the unit you get, its location within the complex, and who's staying next door. 

I must be different from most people who tend to complain about noise from outside the unit. For me, outside noise is natural and tolerable, but listening to noisy adjoining neighbors or hallway noises ruins the peaceful atmosphere. 

The 1000 baht is their final cleaning and linen change fee which I think is unnecessary and should already be factored into the price, especially if you're only booking the room for a few days or a week. They also charge a foreign exchange fee and PayPal fee if you pay the deposit or the whole booking that way. I used to use them all the time but the nickel and diming did make me look into other options.

I also agree that bad neighbours can affect your enjoyment of the unit. On one floor there was some old guy who would leave his door open all day/night and chain smoke which stunk up the whole hallway and entered the room and also have his tv on blast. 

6 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

The 1000 baht is their final cleaning and linen change fee which I think is unnecessary

Fully agree. I leave most of the time around the middle of the week. To compensate for that "final cleaning fee" I do not book any maid service in the last week. I do have to sai, quality of linen is much better then the ones used by Honey.

I rented 2 times from Honey and both times got from good quality to extrem bad syntetic quality with burn holes or spots on it. I even picked up fleas in one of her rooms. Girls have been complaining about "itchy" the next day. But I could not feel. Well I found out after I went home as I "imported" the buggers and needed several days to deepclean my appartment and to wash everything at high temps / freeze. That was the last time Honey for me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ZRHuser said:

Fully agree. I leave most of the time around the middle of the week. To compensate for that "final cleaning fee" I do not book any maid service in the last week. I do have to sai, quality of linen is much better then the ones used by Honey.

I rented 2 times from Honey and both times got from good quality to extrem bad syntetic quality with burn holes or spots on it. I even picked up fleas in one of her rooms. Girls have been complaining about "itchy" the next day. But I could not feel. Well I found out after I went home as I "imported" the buggers and needed several days to deepclean my appartment and to wash everything at high temps / freeze. That was the last time Honey for me. 

Yes, Dancewatchers has better quality linens, furnishings, room care than the majority of the rooms from Honey I have stayed in, no doubt. They also give you a bunch of initial towels, sometimes a beach towel and an extra set of clean bedding which Honey doesn't do. 

I never use the cleaning service from Dancewatchers which is I believe where the majority of their profits come from when it's a room that they are just an agent for and not one that belongs to them. Honey's rooms include a free weekly cleaning and linen change if I remember correctly or you can pay 300 per time if you want it done more often. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me how much of a deposit Dancewatchers typically want? I can’t find it on the website and it’s a few years since I used them so can’t remember.

Thanks

Edit: found an old email and it was about a third of the total cost. Is that still the case?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

14 minutes ago, davidge said:

Can anyone tell me how much of a deposit Dancewatchers typically want? I can’t find it on the website and it’s a few years since I used them so can’t remember.

Thanks

Edit: found an old email and it was about a third of the total cost. Is that still the case?

I used them last year and it worked out about 23%

3 minutes ago, George1234 said:

I used them last year and it worked out about 23%

Thanks

Well, I contacted them about making a booking and the deposit they wanted was pretty much 50% of the total cost. That seems ridiculously high to me for a booking 6 months away so I haven’t paid yet, I’ll need to weigh it up.

• Like 2