IGNORED

VT6 through Dancewatchers/Honeys

rain_angelus

I have always been a hotel guy and like to stay at different ones each trip. I thought I might as well give VT6 a go since in 12 years of visiting I never had. 

I had a couple of questions for you esteemed gentlemen.

1. Is there a pool bar?

2. What is the security situation?

3. How often do they clean the room?

4. How noisy does it get most nights?

5. Any things you think I should know but dont know to ask?

Thanks in advance.

Countdown Clocks

I don’t know about Honey’s but I’ve stayed in other buildings with Dancewatchers and cleaning is an extra service that has to be booked and paid for when you book the condo.

It’s Monday to Friday and they’ll change towels and bedding either once a week or 5 times a week depending how much you pay. 1200 or 1700 baht a week, for a studio.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1. a pool yes, but no bar

2. usually 2 assholes at the ground floor elevators signing guests in/out

3. depends on the room-cleaning-package you book (directly on their website) 

4. depends what floor and side of building you staying. construction noise is always possible, everywhere 

My take for you:

1. Is there a pool bar?

• It does look like there could be a cafe thingy by the pool - but its never been open anytime I have stayed there.  Just buy a beer in one of the shops in the lobby.

• Good - 2 guys will check ID, but there are ways past them if you want.  I find them okay, but they are not quite as 'personal' as a hotel recepetionist!
  • If you enter from the  car park, there is a security gaurd there also.

• Depends who you book with, and how many times you ask.  For me its once a week to change bed and towels, or more often if I pay

• I always stay high up on the Walking Street side so no noise at all - apart from those fucking birds in the morning. Some condos seem to have thinner walls than others though?
  • A few times I have been woken by people shouting in the corridors, and a few times by a party in a room on the same floor.  Nothing too bad though.
  • You used to hear dogs barking and fighting on the waste ground, but I think they have all been moved on (to a nice farm in the country I hope)

• The lifts can be slow in coming and going - at a push you can use the service lift.
  • Honeys Coffee shop is great
  • Lower rooms on the WS side can get a lot of mosquitos and bugs from the waste land.
  • Its not for everyone as it has a different vibe than a hotel.  For many people a hotel will be better
  • Some (quite a few) rooms on the north side have a balcony looking straight into a car park or brick wall
  • For a quiet life, I would not shag the ladyboys in the massage parlour, as you will have to walk past them every day.
  • The two little shops in VT6 are good, as is the laundry
  • I find the pool area a bit dull and boring
  • Although its not happened to me in a long time, some girls don't like it as they think its haunted.....
  • I like it a lot, but there is much (much) better value elsewhere - you are paying a lot for the location.
  • The ramp and stairs outside are considerably longer and steeper once you are pissed

Never stayed there but mate of mine regular user and he loves it. 

I don't like high-rise building specifically in LOS. In my opinion they don't take health and safety seriously. I just hope these buildings never catches fire. 

• Like 2

I live in a condo here for a year. No pool bar. They have guards but you can just walk by them. No way for for us to know that. Mine wasn't noisy but I had floor about half way up. I can't think of anything.

I lived on a high floor walking st side for 12 months. All the points have been well covered except the noise IMO.

We are now approaching Pattaya event season with concerts and events at the beach front will be happening most weekends. It can be noisy if there is a major event out front. Thais like their music at ear bleed levels.

My condo had double glazing and during a loud concert the music was intrusive. But the concerts usually finish by 1 am. 

I did get some lesser noise from bars nearby but minimal with doors closed. 

7 hours ago, worldtraveler3 said:

I live in a condo here for a year. No pool bar.

I agree no pool bar - but was there ever one?  As you walk out the door to the pool if you turned right it looked like there was an area for a cafe or bar.  

3 minutes ago, mattmoore1965x said:

I agree no pool bar - but was there ever one?  As you walk out the door to the pool if you turned right it looked like there was an area for a cafe or bar.  

Not sure I only lived there for a year and that was last year so can't speak to how it was past that.

• Like 1

Not a 

16 hours ago, rain_angelus said:

I have always been a hotel guy and like to stay at different ones each trip. I thought I might as well give VT6 a go since in 12 years of visiting I never had. 

1. Is there a pool bar?

Thanks in advance.

5.  Dancewatchers website showed rooms available for my dates (1 mth stay in low season), tried to contact them to book through multiple methods, zero response other than the automated saying they will get back to you within 24hrs.   Too painful to deal with them so went back to airbnb and booked a nice condo in Urban complex.  

• Like 3

On 30/01/2024 at 11:44, rain_angelus said:

1. Is there a pool bar?

Thanks in advance.

My advice:

What types of hotels do you typically frequent?  If they are the more modern, recently built, 4 star + type of place, and you don't have experience using Airbnb/renting a short term unserviced condo you need to temper your expectations.

While cleaning services are typically available for 500-1000 THB a visit, it's not the same experience as most nicer hotels.  You don't get fresh sheets every 1-2 nights, or new towels every day, or a freshly swept/vacuumed floor... unless you do it yourself. 

In the case of VT6 it is an older building, and the common areas REALLY show it.  Some of the units REALLY show it, so be careful to rent from trusted sources using UP TO DATE pictures.

Also know, that renting anything under 30 days is technically illegal in Thailand (unless the host has a hoteliers license, which usually only hotels have as it's very costly).  Sure, in most places in Pattaya (especially VT6) you are highly unlikely to have a problem with this rule, but it does happen from time to time; in places like the nicer upscale condos in Bangkok, you very are likely to have a problem, but yes in Pattaya it's pretty safe to do.

All in all, I tend to avoid renting condos unless I plan on booking them for a month+, as the savings vs. a nice hotel isn't really all that much unless you really extend the number of days.

My final piece of advice for booking condos is to try and find a place with an in unit safe, and/or to be hyper vigilant about P4P action, and who you bring back to the room, as there aren't the layers of security/redress you have with a hotel.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TNTucker said:

Not a 

5.  Dancewatchers website showed rooms available for my dates (1 mth stay in low season), tried to contact them to book through multiple methods, zero response other than the automated saying they will get back to you within 24hrs.   Too painful to deal with them so went back to airbnb and booked a nice condo in Urban complex.  

Yeah I noticed they ignore anything except confirmed booking requests. Any inquiries, questions etc.. usually get ignored lately. Dancewatchers and Honey's are good but they are so popular they almost never have anything available except bottom of the barrel stuff that's left.

Edited by Ohyesuare

4 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Yeah I noticed they ignore anything except confirmed booking requests. Any inquiries, questions etc.. usually get ignored lately. 

Best advice to deal with that kind of agents is to use consumer power and ignore!

I am actually a little torn now. I was really interested in room 18-659 but am now not so sure.

I am concerned about safety, I have heard stories about the guards at VT6. Are they really that bad? Do they actually do anything?

Are you more likely to be a victim of a scam at an apartment or at a hotel?

My second choice is a beachfront room at the Empress but am underwhelmed with the size of the room and the distancw between the bed and the tv based on the photos on Agoda.

Countdown Clocks

1 hour ago, rain_angelus said:

I am actually a little torn now. I was really interested in room 18-659 but am now not so sure.

I am concerned about safety, I have heard stories about the guards at VT6. Are they really that bad? Do they actually do anything?

My second choice is a beachfront room at the Empress but am underwhelmed with the size of the room and the distancw between the bed and the tv based on the photos on Agoda.

I just stayed in 18-659 from December 22nd - Jan 5. It's absolutely beautiful. They clean every day (if you want) and there are like a million towels in the closet. I had no issues just handing 100 baht as a tip and getting extra.

As for safety, I didn't personally have any issues. Ordered Thai girls off of Thai Friendly and brought many girls back, guards literally never stopped to check them in lol.

Here was my typical morning view:

image.png.9ac7b003caaf7dd0a528151368fb98ea.png

Edited by patl0ver
Adding image
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, patl0ver said:

I just stayed in 18-659 from December 22nd - Jan 5. It's absolutely beautiful. They clean every day (if you want) and there are like a million towels in the closet. I had no issues just handing 100 baht as a tip and getting extra.

As for safety, I didn't personally have any issues. Ordered Thai girls off of Thai Friendly and brought many girls back, guards literally never stopped to check them in lol.

How much did they charge for the cleaning? Their website is confusing becauee they appear to offer two other cleaning sevices to other apartments. It appears they want 1700 to clean it once.

If the guards dont check doesnt that leave you open to theft and general badness?

Also is there a safe in the room?

Countdown Clocks

6 minutes ago, rain_angelus said:

How much did they charge for the cleaning? Their website is confusing becauee they appear to offer two other cleaning sevices to other apartments. It appears they want 1700 to clean it once.

If the guards dont check doesnt that leave you open to theft and general badness?

It’s 1700 baht a week to have the room cleaned and towels and bedding changed EVERY day from Monday to Friday.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

4 minutes ago, rain_angelus said:

image.png.cf9e8dd2c5a2ec5b60123feea2c63537.png

For two weeks of every day cleaning.

5 minutes ago, rain_angelus said:

Ehhhh, probably. I never had any issues.

7 minutes ago, rain_angelus said:

It's probably one of the most secure safes I've ever used. You need the key before you can even put in the PIN.

Just a quick heads up: Last time I stayed at VT6 was in 2019 and most girls hated it. 

Over the years, few people have jumped to death from the building and the girls who are in Pattaya for a long time believe that the building is haunted and they hate it. 

I've not had any girl say no. But some were not happy with the building. 

I booked for many years with Dancewatchers at VT6. Never a problem. Not with the building and security, not with Dancewatchers. I got always a fast answer. Cleaning spotless and done by a very friendly and happy crew. Towels and linen are high quality. A matress that is not Thai hard. Easy check in and check out. 

As a change of secenery, I booked a condo over airbnb last year. Dancewatcher had no condo I liked then. Check in, room was not ready, even after waiting 2 hours. Towels very cheap quality. Problems with the cost for water and electricity. I do not need that again. Yes, I know not all airbnb is like that, but I found out that way that you can not trust all reviews on that platform.

Anyway, this year back to Dancewatchers. Looking forward to a great stay with them again.

1 hour ago, masterslayer169 said:

Just a quick heads up: Last time I stayed at VT6 was in 2019 and most girls hated it. 

Over the years, few people have jumped to death from the building and the girls who are in Pattaya for a long time believe that the building is haunted and they hate it. 

I've not had any girl say no. But some were not happy with the building. 

This is true.  Money > fear of ghosts, but the place has a reputation, and the girls don't like hearing you're staying there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, patl0ver said:

Ordered Thai girls off of Thai Friendly and brought many girls back, guards literally never stopped to check them in lol.

Strange, I must look like I need protection then as the gaurds checked in every girl I took into VT6 - even my LLT that stayed for a few nights.

3 hours ago, masterslayer169 said:

I've written about this before, but after a great night on the town with an LT she became a shivering wreck when the taxi dropped us off at VT6, and refused to get in it.

I thought it was just her changing her mind sleeping with me being a fat bald falang, but when she left without wanting anything for the 6 hours we had been together, I didn't think so anymore.  She text me after saying VT6 is a 'bad place', apologised again, and said she would give me my BF back but don't tell the bar (it was the Patsy bar on Soi 8).  I obviously said dont worry about it......

I went in the bar a few nights later and she was keen (very keen) to LT again, but only if I booked a different room to sleep in - she even got a qoute for 800 baht at a guesthouse next door.

I didn't take her up on it as I already had something lined up to do with friends that night, but I kind of regret it as I like mad girls....

Edited by mattmoore1965x

11 hours ago, patl0ver said:

I'd be surprised if every room available for holiday hire does not have a safe, but remember that each unit is different so they will all have different safes.  Its NOT A hotel where all rooms have the same stuff.

When I stayed there last year I had a great room, but the safe was an old key one that you could probably break into with a teaspoon.......it did the job though.

I've stayed in great rooms at VT6, but also shockingly bad ones (hard thai bed, old furniture and bad wi-fi etc) - you need to know the exact room you are booking.

I don't think Honeys or Dancewatchers will have any really bad rooms, but even then, some they have will be better than others.

Edited by mattmoore1965x

13 hours ago, rain_angelus said:

I don't think the chance of being scammed in either is much different, but if you held a gun to my head, I'd have to say more chance in VT6.

I only say this as:

• There are ways to bypass security at VT6
  • If something goes wrong in your room, you don't have a phone to call recepetion to send help

I think the security is okay, and TF girls leave their ID with the guards by the lift.  BUT, any girl in the know could just walk the stairs that are before the gaurds, then just take the lift at the next level.  One girl I know always does this, and I have seen loads do it.

Its just different to a hotel.  For instance, one late night on the balcony I heard a couple (probably on the same floor) have a HUGE augument.  It was so bad I went in the room and shut the patio windows, but I could still hear them.

It went on for well over an hour if not over two hours, I was worried at first until I heard most of the shouting was coming from what sounded like an annoyed Thai girl, not a Thai girl being murdered.

I was on holiday so I could just laugh about it, but I felt really sorry for the people living there.  If it had happened in a hotel though, security would have been banging on the door in 5 minutes.

For newbies or for people really concerned about security, they will probably be more comfortable in a hotel.

Edited by mattmoore1965x
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1