IGNORED

VT6 through Dancewatchers/Honeys

rain_angelus

2 hours ago, mattmoore1965x said:

Strange, I must look like I need protection then as the gaurds checked in every girl I took into VT6 - even my LLT that stayed for a few nights.

Trust me, no one looks like they need more protection than me. A strong wind could blow me over. Hell, even the lady boys chuckle at my small frame, thinking how they could easily man handle my small body.

My SOP for "sneaking" girls in: I just held their hand, and walked straight passed them without stopping. They'd hold the elevator button or press it and I'd reply "khob kun khrab!" This happened every single time over 14 days, never once got stopped. I honestly thought they just didn't check IDs, so I'm glad that you can.

As for the girls I ordered, not sure if they checked in. I never asked because I never cared, 555. As for the comment about ghosts and such, I had a few inquire "Isn't VT6 haunted?" To which my normal answer was "I haven't seen any ghosts." This normally put them at ease, apparently. No further questions, your honor! I did joke with an LT overnight that if she hears a ghost she's on her own. Didn't stop her from fucking me.

Anyways, everyone has different experiences. hotels do have a lot of benefits, and like you said, for newbies; hotels are a sure fire thing and probably the smartest bet.

• Like 1

So I reached out to Dancewatchers and have been left on read. What the hell? 

A36A1118-3886-4BB1-85CC-586516D15859.thumb.png.43e67417e9fdec801d03e50fd0ec631c.png

Agents I have met in China/UK/Europe are all very money oriented. They seem almost to not care very much.

Countdown Clocks

11 hours ago, rain_angelus said:

Agents I have met in China/UK/Europe are all very money oriented. They seem almost to not care very much.

I have a hard rule that if the reps for a condo don't get back to me within 16 hours it's a hard pass.  Things pop up (especially in Thailand), like juristic issues, maintenance issues, etc, and if they don't communicate it can become a huge hassle. 

1 hour ago, PGSTC776 said:

I have a hard rule that if the reps for a condo don't get back to me within 16 hours it's a hard pass.  Things pop up (especially in Thailand), like juristic issues, maintenance issues, etc, and if they don't communicate it can become a huge hassle. 

Its probably a good idea.

Has anyone else had these problems with Dancewatchers?

Countdown Clocks

21 hours ago, rain_angelus said:

As I wrote before, I always get a fast answer from them. Till now they have a very good reputation on this board. I have no clue why they do not respond to you. Maybe they have the feeling that you are just a tyrekicker. 

Now when I look at your question about the cleaning. I do not really understand why you ask this at all. They write it very clear on the website. Now if you do not understand whats written on the website, I guess you would not understand any written answer. They can write it, but they can not make you understand it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZRHuser said:

As I wrote before, I always get a fast answer from them. Till now they have a very good reputation on this board. I have no clue why they do not respond to you. Maybe they have the feeling that you are just a tyrekicker. 

Now when I look at your question about the cleaning. I do not really understand why you ask this at all. They write it very clear on the website. Now if you do not understand whats written on the website, I guess you would not understand any written answer. They can write it, but they can not make you understand it. 

How is it clear? They combine their other businesses into their condo listings and they have two services, one called cleaning and one called maid:

7E46BD42-C8F7-4B95-AAAD-E27576D4AE65.thumb.png.0fbf569309f7d3fce5715a8752789dc4.png

Based on their content, it looks like Maid service means concierge and cleaning means maid service as one would expect at a hotel. However, if you click on the cleaning page they start callining cleaning maid service. They also are unclear if this is for their aprtments only or a generic cleaning service. 

BDDE8950-0429-429D-B347-89FFBBB75309.thumb.png.745b94cb02e06c6e57a986455558b162.png

At over 300 baht a time for larger rooms, it is not unreasonable to assume that it is an external service.

On that actual room pages they do not mention cleaning at all. So they give no indication as to what or indeed if any cleaning is given a standard or if you require to pay for it. They only have the seperate cleaning on the services page which appears to be a completely different section of the website. The also put it with bike rentals and other stuff which is also not normally included with rooms:

052BCB9E-2CF4-4B6D-88BF-E9F08F139D37.thumb.png.3cdd4c11ca9c56d02035c48f2b184429.png

Contrast this with Dancewatcher's main competitor Honeys Coffee where they state the cleaning is included on every aprtment page. Thus it is not unreasonable to be confused as to why Dancewatchers doesnt and why any mention of cleaning is hidden away on a seperate site. Here is how honey fo it:

A0CAA2AF-2992-436D-B11D-169D6A8E8457.thumb.png.0e0aa3166ccd72cfb76cf84b154dc636.png

Smoking rules are also very unclear on their site which was the other part of my question that the didnt reply to.

What was your allegation again? Tirekicker? Not even sure what the implication is, that I dont rent hotels/rooms in Pattaya? Kind of an of a weird one given that I have been contributing to this forum rover a decade.

I only just got back a few weeks ago.

16005D49-714D-4B6D-96CD-5836710AD669.png

Edited by rain_angelus
  • Like 1

Countdown Clocks

Just had a reply after 4 days:

505F3F22-D296-49D4-B038-53F4B7AC0C1B.thumb.png.d5d7f3721f0dae06ee34e57edc4e7c48.png

Countdown Clocks

1 hour ago, rain_angelus said:

Just had a reply after 4 days:

505F3F22-D296-49D4-B038-53F4B7AC0C1B.thumb.png.d5d7f3721f0dae06ee34e57edc4e7c48.png

It's my personal experience, they don't like questions and just prioritize direct bookings. Whether you get an answer to questions can be hit or miss and might take days if you do get one as you've seen.

Cleaning is not included on any of their rooms and needs to be purchased separately. There is a mandatory cleaning and linen change charge of 1000-1500 baht you pay upfront so it's clean for the next guest which I never liked. They also charge a PayPal and foreign exchange fee and credit card of 4% or more for the booking deposit and if you pay the balance that way as well. They like to nickle and dime with fees and also upsell you on their most expensive cleaning packages as it's pure profit as opposed to splitting the rental fee with the room owners for the rooms they manage. Most of their limited VT6 rooms are booked year round, many for years in advance. Even during covid, they preferred to leave the rooms empty rather than offer any or much of a discount on them.

Edited by Ohyesuare

18 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

It's my personal experience, they don't like questions and just prioritize direct bookings. Whether you get an answer to questions can be hit or miss and might take days if you do get one as you've seen.

Cleaning is not included on any of their rooms and needs to be purchased separately. There is a mandatory cleaning and linen change charge of 1000-1500 baht you pay upfront so it's clean for the next guest which I never liked. They also charge a PayPal and foreign exchange fee and credit card of 4% or more for the booking deposit and if you pay the balance that way as well. They like to nickle and dime with fees and also upsell you on their most expensive cleaning packages as it's pure profit as opposed to splitting the rental fee with the room owners for the rooms they manage. Most of their limited VT6 rooms are booked year round, many for years in advance. Even during covid, they preferred to leave the rooms empty rather than offer any or much of a discount on them.

Do they deal with repairs and problems in a timley fashion I am a little worried given the poor communication so far. If something breaks do they send someone or just ignore it?

Countdown Clocks

They have started to reply faster. i dont know if I got white knighted or what but they seem to be aware that I was unhappy about the slow reply. I am glad they are responding now. I really like the room but want to make sure there are no hidden pitfalls.

2B385AE2-72E3-4643-A26E-34BA08394661.thumb.png.0038e8e96ce9819395339d8440cb2ca7.png

Countdown Clocks

The foreign owner is a member here but rarely posts now.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

15 hours ago, rain_angelus said:

Do they deal with repairs and problems in a timley fashion I am a little worried given the poor communication so far. If something breaks do they send someone or just ignore it?

Their rooms are very well maintained and in good condition but if it's urgent and you don't get a timely response, they have an office in View Talay 2 Jomtien where you can go personally. Also, if the problems are condo maintenance related, the juristic office in the lobby of VT6 are the ones who take care of it anyway and they are open every day.

6 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Their rooms are very well maintained and in good condition but if it's urgent and you don't get a timely response, they have an office in View Talay 2 Jomtien where you can go personally. Also, if the problems are condo maintenance related, the juristic office in the lobby of VT6 are the ones who take care of it anyway and they are open every day.

The Juristic office only handles condo wide maintenance, not maintenance for specific units.  For example if your AC goes out the juristic office is going to tell you to go find a repair man. 

6 minutes ago, PGSTC776 said:

The Juristic office only handles condo wide maintenance, not maintenance for specific units.  For example if your AC goes out the juristic office is going to tell you to go find a repair man. 

I've had them come for toilet issues, bum gun issues, sink leaking, unit specific power outage. But you are correct, anything installed by the owner like the AC, they do not deal with.

2 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

I've had them come for toilet issues, bum gun issues, sink leaking, unit specific power outage. But you are correct, anything installed by the owner like the AC, they do not deal with.

Agreed, but I did ask once to borrow a screwdriver as my room handle was coming loose and the chappie refused, but then came and fixed it for me for 100 baht and packet of UK cigarettes as a tip (although he never asked for anything).

I got the feeling that they will help with stuff if you look after them.

Just remembered he also had a can of coke and some biscuits - so those four loose screws cost me a fortune.

Edited by mattmoore1965x

Does anyone know if there is a Honeys/Dancewatchers type company for The Edge apartments?

Countdown Clocks

You guys got problems and worries...ohh gosh

Its an appartement you rent. Now: how you handle your flat at home? Just do the same in that appartement and dont bitch about minor issues. 

I like to stay in lux hotels. In Pattaya I did stay in the Hilton or the Dusit. For business. Great.

But for a fucking holiday I prefer a place where I am in charge. 

For VT 6 -- never had any issues with rental through Honey's. 

• Like 1

On 04/02/2024 at 18:46, Ohyesuare said:

They also charge a PayPal and foreign exchange fee and credit card of 4% or more for the booking deposit 

just FYI

For Honey, now they charge 5% if you pay deposit by PayPal. 0% if you pay via Wise.

Ok, time to let the dream die and let this room go. I have been left on read since Monday when asking about their fees.

I got to 3400 or 4400 for the cleaning and 1200 on checkout for prepping the room for the next customer but it seems they wont elaborate on what the different charges for cleaning are for.

Contacted Casa Pascal and pulled the trigger on on of their corner suites.

Its a shame, I really liked that room.

B1DF943D-C591-4C34-A900-5DE8884A6DC9.thumb.png.a2a2aa32358ee5a725abf47eee3089e8.png

Countdown Clocks

13 minutes ago, rain_angelus said:

Ok, time to let the dream die and let this room go. I have been left on read since Monday when asking about their fees.

I got to 3400 or 4400 for the cleaning and 1200 on checkout for prepping the room for the next customer but it seems they wont elaborate on what the different charges for cleaning are for.

Contacted Casa Pascal and pulled the trigger on on of their corner suites.

Its a shame, I really liked that room.

B1DF943D-C591-4C34-A900-5DE8884A6DC9.thumb.png.a2a2aa32358ee5a725abf47eee3089e8.png

Well I'm going to be opposite to your thinking here, and feel you are being a bit pedantic.

The person answering has given you good information, and to get hung up on the difference in maid service is being a bit childish. Anyway that's just my opinion in reference to your posts.

Hope whatever room you choose turns out well for you.

3 minutes ago, thainet said:

Well I'm going to be opposite to your thinking here, and feel you are being a bit pedantic.

The person answering has given you good information, and to get hung up on the difference in maid service is being a bit childish. Anyway that's just my opinion in reference to your posts.

Why would it be pedantic to ask about two products they are offering? It is an upsell, they want to sell it to me, why wouldnt I ask?

Countdown Clocks

On 30/01/2024 at 22:04, mattmoore1965x said:

My take for you:

1. Is there a pool bar?

• It does look like there could be a cafe thingy by the pool - but its never been open anytime I have stayed there.  Just buy a beer in one of the shops in the lobby.

2. What is the security situation?

• Good - 2 guys will check ID, but there are ways past them if you want.  I find them okay, but they are not quite as 'personal' as a hotel recepetionist!
  • If you enter from the  car park, there is a security gaurd there also.

3. How often do they clean the room?

• Depends who you book with, and how many times you ask.  For me its once a week to change bed and towels, or more often if I pay

4. How noisy does it get most nights?

• I always stay high up on the Walking Street side so no noise at all - apart from those fucking birds in the morning. Some condos seem to have thinner walls than others though?
  • A few times I have been woken by people shouting in the corridors, and a few times by a party in a room on the same floor.  Nothing too bad though.
  • You used to hear dogs barking and fighting on the waste ground, but I think they have all been moved on (to a nice farm in the country I hope)

5. Any things you think I should know but dont know to ask?

• The lifts can be slow in coming and going - at a push you can use the service lift.
  • Honeys Coffee shop is great
  • Lower rooms on the WS side can get a lot of mosquitos and bugs from the waste land.
  • Its not for everyone as it has a different vibe than a hotel.  For many people a hotel will be better
  • Some (quite a few) rooms on the north side have a balcony looking straight into a car park or brick wall
  • For a quiet life, I would not shag the ladyboys in the massage parlour, as you will have to walk past them every day.
  • The two little shops in VT6 are good, as is the laundry
  • I find the pool area a bit dull and boring
  • Although its not happened to me in a long time, some girls don't like it as they think its haunted.....
  • I like it a lot, but there is much (much) better value elsewhere - you are paying a lot for the location.
  • The ramp and stairs outside are considerably longer and steeper once you are pissed

Where is the better value you are talking about? And price? Hard to beat that location

21 minutes ago, lovermand66 said:

Where is the better value you are talking about? And price? Hard to beat that location

My advice “if you not can see and book exact room” that you do a walk in and wait to book on arrival during low season…the normally give the worst room when the check you in, Honeys do that…all rooms are so different in style and luxus…
have them show you 3-4 rooms and tell them what you will pay.if you are on north side, don’t stay below 18 floor or you will look directly in to the car park from Central…
i always use Pat42 or Cando, with a walk in on arrival in low season…
i pay 1200-1300 pr day incl cleaning every 2. Day. I stay 3 weeks normally

I don’t care about seaview or Northside, but care about how the room is in style and more…

Edited by lovermand66

3 hours ago, thainet said:

Are you affiliated with them?  Do you often just randomly choose between two differently named products at two different prices for the hell of it?  How on earth could you call that pedantic... unless you don't actually know what pedantic means. 

I’ve stayed with Honey, Dancewatchers, and Pascal.

Honey wins on total available rooms. If you book directly with Honey, you will pay extra for cleaning, it isn’t included. If you book Honey’s through Agoda or Booking, the cleaning is included in the total price.

Best small selection is Pascal. Just a nice older man that owns a couple of units in VT6 and rents them out. He includes cleaning last time I stayed with him. 

Dancewatchers has some cool rooms. The biggest pet peeve I had with them was I had to buy my own toilet paper after the first roll. It’s not a cost issue as it is cheap, but come on man, pony up the extra rolls of paper. Cleaning is extra, the will do it daily M-F or M/W/F. I feel it is pretty clear on their site, not sure of the confusion mentioned above. Also, everyone allows smoking on the balconies to my knowledge. I am not a smoker, but it is pretty basic rule for all of the property managers in the building.

If I am with a girl, I have never had a guard ask her for her ID.

If I have a girl just come up to my room, the guards will ask them for their ID and to sign into the book with the room they are going to visit. One call out here, careful if you are bringing in girls close together in time. They may see another girl signed in and out with your room number in the book the guards use. I had this happen once.

VT6 is my go to in Pattaya. I’ve stayed there probably 25 times in the last 10 years.

Order I would select currently.

1. Dancewatchers. I’ve had zero comm issues with them while staying. I do think their response time is much improved once you are a customer.

2. Honey’s. More of a big manager in the building. I think they are the largest property manager in VT6. 

3. Pascal. Hard to book, normally taken. Great guy. When he had breakfast at his restaurant it was included with the room, but I don’t think he serves it any longer.

4. AirBnB. There are a few that rent through this method. I think you just have to look and see what is available.

• Like 3