Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cricket World Cup

michaelduni

Certainly going to be a good one… Indian here ! Any Indian / Aussies out there willing to watch the game together ? How about an evening filled with little bit of sledging, lots of banter  and lots & lots of beers??

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Planted_Baker803 said:

Certainly going to be a good one… Indian here ! Any Indian / Aussies out there willing to watch the game together ? How about an evening filled with little bit of sledging, lots of banter  and lots & lots of beers??

I would if I was there.   It’s gunna be great.  Hope some of the oi oi oi crew take you up. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Planted_Baker803 said:

That would have been fun - Unfortunately, just returned after another epic trip to Pattaya. These matches are always fun to watch in a group, especially if you have folks rooting for both teams in the group.

• Like 2

Watching this final is a bit like watching Cardiff v Arsenal at football.

I have to decide which team I want to lose the least.

:rolleyes:

• Haha 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

32 minutes ago, michaelduni said:

Congrats to team AUS! Maxwell's epic innings was THE turning point for AUS!

Maxwell?? Come on..Head mate.

Spent a bit of my day reading about cricket (not a thing in Denmark.) Went to Danny's to see it. Was a great experience. But 7-8 hours is a bit much 😆 Congrats to the Aussies! 

• Like 3

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Sadly the match under delivered, but great to watch nonetheless.

Congrats to the Aussies, whose record in recent tournaments is unmatched.

• Like 3

I just sit back and relax - I've earned it.

4 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Spent a bit of my day reading about cricket (not a thing in Denmark.) Went to Danny's to see it. Was a great experience. But 7-8 hours is a bit much 😆 Congrats to the Aussies! 

Surely you have heard of Ole Mortensen? A legendary quick bowler for Derbyshire in the English county game from 1983 to 1994

5 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Try watching a test! Can go for 5 days and end up being a draw 😵‍💫

Great performance by Australia, was funny listening to one of the Indian commentators complain how Australia had the better of the conditions ie dew etc… they selected the pitch to suit their bowlers 😂 

Edited by Memurtle

6 hours ago, thainet said:

Maxwell?? Come on..Head mate.

😀 Not this match - meant that his earlier 201 not out innings against AFG to win that game helped set the tone for AUS in the remaining matches.

• Like 4

Awwww and the Indian players were too sad to watch the presentation.    Spirit of cricket anyone. 

• Sad 1

As an ardent Pommy Cricket nut , i couldn't be more pleased for Australia .

India have tried everything to get an edge on the opposition this tournament .

Travis Head's  ton was greeted with stony silence by the crowd .  Sums it up really .

Mikeyboy

India could have learnt from NZ, and the grace they showed when they lost to India in the semis. Also, as hosts, would have been great to see them gracious in defeat. I think they got ahead of themselves after being unbeaten through the tournament, and their disappointment got the better of them.

5 hours ago, Rambuttri village said:

Surely you have heard of Ole Mortensen?

Nope. But thanks! Very interesting.

5 hours ago, Memurtle said:

Try watching a test! Can go for 5 days

Yeah, I am familiar with this. Quite fascinating how fans work around that 😆

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

42 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

Nope. But thanks! Very interesting.

Yeah, I am familiar with this. Quite fascinating how fans work around that 😆

We had Søren Henriksen as a professional at Lancashire in the 80s. He was expected to do very well, but it didn’t quite happen for him.

anyway, India tried to cheat there way to a win yesterday when they didn’t need to. So v happy they lost 

14 hours ago, michaelduni said:

Congrats to team AUS! Maxwell's epic innings was THE turning point for AUS!

Agreed watching that performance was one of those 'once in a lifetime' deals.

As far as the final imo India LOST it. By the time Australia came to bat they were very much in charge. 

Well done Australia, just wish India would've had a better go.

• Like 2

I just sit back and relax - I've earned it.