IGNORED

Cricket World Cup

michaelduni

AFG continues its magical Cinderella run in the tournament, easily beating Sri Lanka by 7 wickets. Their players now have a lot of international experience playing in leagues around the world, and they are now 5th in the points table. Amazing!

• Like 2

Not really surprised about the Afgans. We have seen a fair amount of local Afgan crickets in the local leagues in Yorkshire the past 2 years as a result of being displaced and housed in all the hotels/motels. Most of the local village teams around me have had at least one or two in their teams. Many have been too good and gone onto play Bradford League. The quality is very good. They are very brave fearless players. with a back bone and hunger. They have a great respect for the UK and many have a intense dislike for Pakistan. 

It would not surprise me in the near future some of these talented players will play for England. 

• Like 3

Comfortable win for South Africa over New Zealand today. A strange decision by Latham to put SA in when he won the toss. 2 more injuries for NZ leave them struggling to put a team out for the Pakistan game in 3 days time. Not sure if they can fly in a replacement in time. It’s a big game for both sides now.

• Like 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

If Pak beats NZ (and they will be motivated after the BAN win), they move into the top 4. NZ looked so strong early, and have now dropped three in a row. Rachin Ravindra who has had an amazing WC got out early, and NZ crumbled.

SA had another strong batting performance, and they look like the team to beat. India will have their hands full this weekend, and it will be interesting clash between SA's strong batting lineup and India's strong bowling lineup.

Edited by michaelduni

Just how much fun is it watching Jasprit Bumrah bowl. I know Siraj and Shami did the damage today, but Bumrah is the star man for me. India looked invincible today.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Rambuttri village said:

Just how much fun is it watching Jasprit Bumrah bowl. I know Siraj and Shami did the damage today, but Bumrah is the star man for me. India looked invincible today.

Love watching Jaspit Bumrah bowl ,  a huge talent .

India have looked very dominant all tournament ,but i don't see them as unbeatable .    Even the favourites can have a bad day , and any one of NZ , SA or Aus could turn them over .  

• Like 2

Where can see cricket matches in pattaya?

1 hour ago, Heisenberg7008 said:

Where can see cricket matches in pattaya?

Probably at Danny’s sports bar treetown.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

Love watching Jaspit Bumrah bowl ,  a huge talent .

India have looked very dominant all tournament ,but i don't see them as unbeatable .    Even the favourites can have a bad day , and any one of NZ , SA or Aus could turn them over .  

Yeh true, just boils down to how you perform in the main 2 knockout matches. Winning the toss and making the right choice also plays a part. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Yogi007 said:

Yeh true, just boils down to how you perform in the main 2 knockout matches. Winning the toss and making the right choice also plays a part. 

SA, NZ, AUS, and PAK can all beat India I think on a good day, and if they can get a few of their top batsmen out early. So the semifinals will certainly be interesting.

• Like 2

NZ batting PAK out of the world cup look on for a very big score 200-1 in the 29th over. Glad to say my apartment cable tv are concentrating on this game rather than the agony of watching England again later. The Pattaya current storms look like keeping me in the room today.

• Like 1

Go Aussies.    See if the poms can make a competition of it with Marsh and Maxwell out for the Aussies 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yogi007 said:

Pakistan fucked 😆. Just saying (British Indian). 

Shit Pakistan won DL! 

• Haha 2

PAK, AFG, NZ for the 4th spot now, but AFG has a couple of tough matches coming up with AUS and SA. Pak a bit lucky to win via DLS, but credit to them for going after the NZ bowling in the short time they had. The could have won it even without the rain delay, but more likely would have crumbled if NZ could have gotten a few wickets.  Would be quite something to have IND PAK battle again in the semi finals, and either team could win - there will be actually be more pressure on IND playing against PAK in the knockout match playing in India.

Eng fought valiantly against AUS but came up just a bit short. Glad to see ENG still fighting for a spot in the Champions cup.

And how about this kid Rachin Ravindra from NZ - he is some batting talent, and is also an all rounder. His parents named him Rachin after two the greats Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid.

Edited by michaelduni

Seems like it will be a statement win for India today against SA, and the Indian bowling attack of Pace+Spin looking dominant. Kohli has an unbeaten century on his birthday.

Pak against England later down the line might be an important game to decide the top 4.

Completely dominant display by India today. They are confident, relaxed and seem to be improving as the tournament progresses. Difficult to see anyone besting them, unless the pressure of expectations affects them in the Knock out stages.

The weather helped Pakistan and left NZ uncertain of going through, though still just favourites I think.

Looking at the remaining fixtures and the net run rates, it’s likely that the second semi final will be between South Africa and Australia. The first will be India against NZ, Pakistan or Afghanistan!

At the other end of the table it’s not inconceivable that net run rate will decide the bottom two, who will not qualify for the Champions Trophy. Sri Lanka, Netherlands, Bangladesh and England all still too close to call.

• Like 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

With NZ beating SL, and AUS beating AFG, seems like the top 4 is now set. Most likely IND-NZ and AUS-SA and both games should be competitive and fun. I think AUS has a good chance to win it all.

Should be a good one on Sunday between AUS and IND. AUS has a lot of momentum after Glenn Maxwell's "greatest ever" batting display, and has the opportunity to knock off India in front of 100,000 fans.

I never understood the game until a couple of buddies explained it to me as we watched (2019)

I found it fascinating and enjoyable...:Clap:

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, michaelduni said:

Should be a good one on Sunday between AUS and IND. AUS has a lot of momentum after Glenn Maxwell's "greatest ever" batting display, and has the opportunity to knock off India in front of 100,000 fans.

Would love to see Australia beat India on Sunday.   They have the players to do it , but restricting India's batsmen will be the biggest challenge .   

If Aus can get early wickets and put India under pressure , they have a fair chance .

Mikeyboy

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Greg_B said:

I found it fascinating and enjoyable..

If you are in Pattaya, you can watch the match on Sunday at Witherspoons, and it should be a good one. Starts at 3:30 PM local time. I got into it watching a few IPL games in India with some colleagues and got hooked - the league has a lot of international stars, and many of the games are competitive till the very end. The World cup just like in football generates more passion due to competition on a country level.

I'd be very surprised at any other outcome than India winning. they have so far won 10/10 at this World Cup and steamrollered the opposition. Australia certainly have the potential and big game mentality but with a partisan crowd and in their back yard I wouldn't bet against India. Odds by the way India 4-9 and Aus 2-1. 

Should be a great game, compelling watch, and have told my friends "Do not disturb" tomorrow between 3.30pm and mid night.

• Like 3