Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Christmas Dinner in Pattaya 2023

davidge

Someone is getting in very early! I guess it gives people time to save up to pay for it :rolleyes:

IMG_6052.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davidge

• Evil Penevil

• Petesie

• PeterStewart66

Hemingways was a disaster last Crimbo, the 2nd sitting had to wait 2 hours for their food as the chefs had not prepared enough...😐

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I'm reading that the message from Robin Hood is that they want only a certain 'societal level' of clientele for this special event & have priced it accordingly. 

I'm also guessing their target audience will snap it up. The Hilton was a much more relaxed affair for 2500 where you ordered whatever you want & as many varieties plus you 'grazed' at your convenience around the buffet displays. 🤨

• Like 3

Well, y’know. Some people just want to have a nice meal on Christmas Day. Once a year. Maybe remember relatives and friends who have departed or can’t be there and enjoy times with the friends who are still around?

Obviously you could spend Christmas Day in a ST room with two bargirls. Whatever makes you happy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Some people just want to have a nice meal on Christmas Day. Once a year. Maybe remember relatives and friends who have departed or can’t be there and enjoy times with the friends who are still around?

Obviously you could spend Christmas Day in a ST room with two bargirls. Whatever makes you happy.

Exactly this

It may be an overpriced average Sunday roast to some, but others do want the festive occasion of Christmas tea with friends and family ( in this case, complete strangers) to enjoy some conversations. And then later that evening, 2 girls in the same room just as the forefathers used to do it. That is a tradition that many hold dear, and I think it's completely harmless in that it makes them happy and doesn't affect anybody in any way.

Given all that...I still tend towards the Thanksgiving option. It is just more unique and special, and I do a brilliant 'drunk uncle' bit that totally kills at parties. Hopefully this year somebody will go all out on the stuffing. the Covid years were tough on all of us, and we want to remember the dearly departed as well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve done a major clean up of the thread so it can actually be of some use when looking at Xmas Day options as more places are added.

Can we please stick to just posting menus etc and directly related posts such as ‘place A was good last year’ etc as that’s useful for people to know as well.

Thanks.

• Like 3

On 01/10/2023 at 07:43, Petesie said:

Hemingways was a disaster last Crimbo, the 2nd sitting had to wait 2 hours for their food as the chefs had not prepared enough...😐

That's not entirely true and 2 hours is a stretch of the facts. For the Wagyu beef though we did experience a run on it during the first sitting which led to a delay in the 2nd sitting simply because we had to roast extra and it had to rest when it came out of the oven before we could serve it.   It must have been a real traumatic experience for you on what is supposed to be the most relaxed enjoyable day of the year for you to mention it again 10 months later :).  I did offer any customers affected a complimentary drink on the day and if I missed you please let me know next time you are in and I will gladly remedy that.  I note you are a fellow Scot so I've no doubt you won't pass up on that offer 555

I can only apologise again and assure you that we will be more disciplined this year in asking parties what their intended choices are likely to be,  considering our wagyu beef will likely be just as popular as it was last year.

14 hours ago, ractdi said:

That's not entirely true and 2 hours is a stretch of the facts. For the Wagyu beef though we did experience a run on it during the first sitting which led to a delay in the 2nd sitting simply because we had to roast extra and it had to rest when it came out of the oven before we could serve it.   It must have been a real traumatic experience for you on what is supposed to be the most relaxed enjoyable day of the year for you to mention it again 10 months later :).  I did offer any customers affected a complimentary drink on the day and if I missed you please let me know next time you are in and I will gladly remedy that.  I note you are a fellow Scot so I've no doubt you won't pass up on that offer 555 I can only apologise again and assure you that we will be more disciplined this year in asking parties what their intended choices are likely to be,  considering our wagyu beef will likely be just as popular as it was last year.

Fellow BM's who were looking forward to their Crimbo scoff reported it as they were disappointed; I understand the part about the Wagyu beef not being available as it was a popular choice but pre-orders could have avoided that shortfall. The fellas did say they were offered complimentary drinks which was a nice gesture but their patience was thin by that time.

I mentioned it with no intention to tarnish but to highlight an occurrence which could happen; we had a great Xmas meal at Steak 'n Co yet the following year it was less than satisfactory; reputational damage tends to linger and the choice of venue is usually based on that. Your intention to have your customers pre-select their choice is sound.

More menu's please! 😉 

Christmas related:

IMG_6145.jpeg

Great idea of Hemingways to have a Thai Xmas menu, well done! 😊

• Like 1

Bah Humbug!

3x price, or more, for a glorified Sunday dinner. I can't bring myself to be ripped off at these prices so I will pass on these 'festivities' once more.

Thank goodness Xmas Day does not fall on a Sunday again, like it did last year. Despite that, being a weekly Sunday dinner regular customer (expat), I was still able to have an otherwise cancelled Sunday dinner from my local farang eatery to takeaway on Xmas Day.

This year, as usual, I'll just eat at home. Christmas was great when I was a kid, but these days it's almost a nuisance.

• Like 3

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

Akvavit on Jomtien Beach Rd (Soi 3). As usual with Scandinavians it’s on Christmas Eve:

IMG_6205.jpeg

IMG_6204.jpeg

• Like 2

On 20/10/2023 at 20:20, SamSpudz said:

Nicky's on Buakhao

May be a graphic of christmas tree and text that says "NICKY Christmas Menu STARTERS French onion soup served with a warm roll. Prawn cocktail with mixed salad & marie rose sauce. Creamy*crab salad. MAIN COURSE Roast Turkey & Xmas ham, served with seasonal vegetables & all the Trimmings. Trio of meats. Beef, Lamb & pork, served with seasonal vegetables & all the Trimmings. Sticky teriyaki salmon. DESSERT Xmas Pudding with custard. Fruit tartlette & cream. Chocolate Yule log with cream or ice cream. FOLLOWED BY Cheese platter with biscuits crackers, 1095฿ Servings at 1.00pm .30pm 6pm BOOKINGS& DEPOSITS ARE REQUIRED. Merry Christmas from everybody at Nickys."

No idea what happened to the image on my previous post.

image.thumb.png.257e4897a64135e4002a52cea132fa0e.png

4000 Baht is not cheap but having worked in the wholesale meat business for many years if this is a all you can eat like a carvery then one could get great value there. Aus Prime rib and NZ Lamb leg Salmon and the like are crazy expensive here. I would not pay 4000 for this simply because i could not eat enough but for a big mainly meat eater this could be a good deal. 

Same when Patricks had the massive burger. 795 sounds pricey for a burger but that burger had 700 grams of Aus beef as that was the case not a bad deal for the big eater.  

• Like 1

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

On soi Bongkot

nadias christmas.jpg

Edited by Billy Shears
  • Like 2

On 23/10/2023 at 14:23, davidge said:

Akvavit on Jomtien Beach Rd (Soi 3). As usual with Scandinavians it’s on Christmas Eve

Norwegian, I'd say. Quite different from my scandiwegian style (Denmark). But yes, we also do the festivities on the 24th. 

8 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

Norwegian, I'd say. Quite different from my scandiwegian style (Denmark). But yes, we also do the festivities on the 24th. 

Pretty sure it’s Swedish. Happy Vikings and A Taste of Norway are Norwegian - the latter usually puts a Xmas Eve buffet on as well.

Edit: the owner of Akvavit is from Uppsala.

IMHO The best in Pattaya.

2023-Christmas-Lunch-Buffet-Panorama-01-scaled.jpg

Edited by Billy Shears

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Pretty sure it’s Swedish

Thanks mate. From a Danish perspective it's pretty much same same, though :)

43 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

Thanks mate. From a Danish perspective it's pretty much same same, though :)

Are you a duck or pork man for Xmas? :)

3 minutes ago, davidge said:

Are you a duck or pork man for Xmas? :)

Well. My grandma always did both. But, sadly, she isn't working Pattaya (peace be upon her.) 

• Like 3

Welcome Inn on the east side of the lake:

IMG_6257.jpeg

• Like 1