Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Bum Gun: Do You Use It?

Bruce Mangosteen

While living in Pattaya I got used to using the bum gun.   

Came back to the US to work and fetched my missus over after I'd gotten established and secured the visa.  In anticipation of that I installed a bum gun in the toilet here.  To be totally truthful, I started using it right away, I was very glad I did. 

Nowadays, because of the bum gun, I prefer to "sit and think" at home rather than at work etc., and will delay that activity until I get home if at all possible.

Do you use a bum gun in Thailand, or in your home country (if different)?  If you don't use it in Thailand, why not?

(I searched, but, as always, if this has been "done to death" on here, or if it's otherwise unwanted, mode please move/close.)

• Like 2

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

Mate, I legitimately thought those things are there to clean the loo rather than your bum! 😂 But I just consulted Dr. Google and it turns out I've been wrong (once again).

I'm quite partial to Japanese washlets if they are well maintained, because they are simply amazeballs.

But I still don't think I'll use a bum gun next time I'm in Thailand. I just don't know how clean they are, even if I'd obviously take care not to actually touch my bum with the thing. 

• Haha 3

The bum guns are a great thing in Thailand.  Still have not installed something similar back home and not sure why not.  

In Thailand always, then dry off with toilet roll.

Yes - I have installed them at home in the UK, and indeed if I am caught short in the office will take a bottle of water with me. I simply can not stand not using one now, and to be honest, most people who do not use one if they have a shit after a shower invariably start to smell of shit. Sorry guys but its true. In addition to this I go a step further with the addition of soap as well. I am on the verge of getting a bidet, which I am certain were ridiculed in the west in the media on the payment of the Toilet paper lobby (yes there is such a thing). There is a big proviso on this, and one that does push me towards the bidet, is that it is highly advisable to check the colour of your poop prior to flushing - black or dark red you are in trouble as James the now dead of colon cancer former owner of Route 66 on the dark side told me the last time I spoke with him. 

Most toilets I've used in Thailand ask you not to flush toilet paper and to put it in the bin. I always use the gun as the first wipe can often be a right mess and I'm not putting that in the bin!

• Haha 3

It took me years to start using it as I also had no idea what it was for as well as confused/disgusted me the "put tissue in bin" signs. 

No turning back once you start using it and instead of installing one back home, I got a portable bottle style one that you fill before each use. The great thing about it is that you can put whatever water temperature you like in it and even some Liquid soap sometimes. Squeeze as hard as you want depending on the pressure you like!  I also travel quite a bit when I'm back home, so can also take it with me. 

3 minutes ago, LuvThaiPussy said:

, I got a portable bottle style one that you fill before each use. The great thing about it is that you can put whatever water temperature you like in it and even some Liquid soap sometimes. Squeeze as hard as you want depending on the pressure you like!  I also travel quite a bit when I'm back home, so can also take it with me. 

Got a link for that please? 

17 minutes ago, Hamchang said:

Got a link for that please? 

10 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

Mine is similar to that. I'll try to find it.

Got it...

Semi-Transparent 500 ml / 17 oz Materni Peri Bottle for Postpartum Care | Portable Bidet Sprayer, Travel Bidet | Labor and Delivery Essentials for Soothing Relief from Birth Pains or Hemorrhoids https://a.co/d/8aipWVZ

Edited by LuvThaiPussy
Addition
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, leechtat said:

But I still don't think I'll use a bum gun next time I'm in Thailand. I just don't know how clean they are, even if I'd obviously take care not to actually touch my bum with the thing. 

Try it in your hotel first.  You may find that using it elsewhere then washing your hands is a reasonable compromise.

1 hour ago, rioman said:

Still have not installed something similar back home and not sure why not.  

Well, if you're from Canada then maybe you're worried about your asshole getting pelted by ice cubes?  :D

53 minutes ago, Hamchang said:

it is highly advisable to check the colour of your poop prior to flushing - black or dark red you are in trouble

This is a very good point, with or without the bum gun.

I haven't gone the portable squeeze bottle route yet, maybe a few more Neanderthal genes than some around here.

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

1 hour ago, leechtat said:

But I still don't think I'll use a bum gun next time I'm in Thailand. I just don't know how clean they are, even if I'd obviously take care not to actually touch my bum with the thing. 

555.  Its cleaner than the alternative of wiping pooh over your bottom.

Bum gun, or bidet, is so much better than toilet paper.  Weird that toilet paper still exists.  Except for drying the clean bottom.

4 hours ago, Bruce Mangosteen said:

Do you use a bum gun in Thailand?

if this has been "done on here,

Yes, ‘tis convenient, eco-friendly and cleaner.

Has been done here before, but not recently

Edited by Micky2

I guess I still have not mastered the use of the bum gun. The times I've tried, I can't really control the pressure and it's almost always too strong, thus splashing all over the place and not just into the bowl. On the other hand, the bidet's in T21 are very nice to use. Too bad more hotels don't have those installed.

If either you or your partner plan to engage in anal sex, then the bum gun becomes your particular friend, as its waters can reach all sorts of hard-to-reach places you might want to clean out first. Just as long as you adjust the water pressure first of course 😂

When I purchased a townhouse in Florida in 2020 I had hand held bidets installed in all three bathrooms and I even brought one of the same model back to Thailand for my main bathroom. These have an easy pressure control. The Thai plumber had to scrounge for an adapter to connect the standard US threads to the Thai standard threads.

From Amazon:

ScreenHunter_18Jul_2804_35.png.f8ed084535dbee354cc284cb156fa15b.png

• Like 3

I don't ever use a bum gun as i'm thinking surely you must be spraying shit everywhere, bidets for me but they are difficult to find in hotels in SEA much more commonplace in good quality European hotels. Also the pressure on some of these bum guns is enough to do serious damage in the hands of a novice lol

4 hours ago, pax36 said:

The times I've tried, I can't really control the pressure and it's almost always too strong, thus splashing all over the place and not just into the bowl.

Are you standing or sitting when you try this?

13 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I don't ever use a bum gun as i'm thinking surely you must be spraying shit everywhere

Same question as above...

14 minutes ago, Bruce Mangosteen said:

Same question as above...

Mods can you please remove my post, i don't want Mr BM having a sleepless night

22 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Mods can you please remove my post, i don't want Mr BM having a sleepless night

Not likely unless I somehow get roped into cleaning your bathroom!  :D 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Bruce Mangosteen said:

Do you use a bum gun in Thailand, or in your home country (if different)?  If you don't use it in Thailand, why not?

The bum gun is one of the best things I have seen. I spent some time in Ecuador where they can't flush the paper and do NOT use any type of bum guns or bidets, have to say the gun is the way to go. 

• Like 3

Not a day goes by without me praising Buddha for the bum gun. One of the worst experiences of my life was having a full blown diarrhea in a paper based environment (the bog was not in the same room as the shower.) Excruciatingly painful. Also find it difficult to understand how anyone doesn't know how to operate them. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I like the Japanese style toilets they have in the Eva lounge at BKK and am thinking of putting one in the bathroom at home when I move.

I’m sorry to say, however, that even after 36 years of visiting Thailand I hate the bum gun. Shit goes everywhere. Maybe my arse is just too big for a Thai toilet so I have to raise up too far before using it. :GoldenSmile1:

• Like 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”