IGNORED

WORLD SNOOKER CHAMPIONSHIP 2023

jocky king

29 minutes ago, Ziplee said:

Yep, I think the pressure is finally getting to Si, Luca is taking full advantage.

China 14 Belgium 14     WOW ! 

6 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

could potentially have 13 more frames to play tonight...😴😴

Quick question, Do they have to finish the match tonight because the finals start tommorow or can they have a morning session and start the finals after?

This Selby v Allen game is painful to watch. It’s like Chinese water torture watching Selby tip around. Allen looks beaten 

Well, here we go. Luca and Selby, 2 sessions Sun and 2 sessions Mon. I thought Luca was out with both Ronnie and Si and here he is in the final, all I can say, it's a coin flip for me.

5 hours ago, Ziplee said:

Quick question, Do they have to finish the match tonight because the finals start tommorow or can they have a morning session and start the finals after?

They have to , even at 4 am , traditional to play the final on Sunday at 14.00 pm . ( 20.00 pm Thai ) . 

Selby finally beat Allen 17-15 . Allen went for everything instead of playing Selby tactical snooker after 16-10 down and works . But came too late . Like Ronnie did few years ago when he beat Selby after 16-12 down .  Brecel should play on his own game not drag himself into negative snooker . 

• Like 2

Brecel will need to continue with a high percentage of long pots to win i think. Im starting to dislike selby style.

4 hours ago, snowy34 said:

Brecel will need to continue with a high percentage of long pots to win i think. Im starting to dislike selby style.

Agree , Luca Brecel will have to go for it , which is his style anyway .   Mark Allen got dragged into tight safety frames in Semi , and as Jocky said he only started to win frames when he went for it , but was too late by then .

Hope we are entertained , i  usually enjoy watching Selby because he is so good at what he does , but a lot of that Allen match was turgid .   Both players were guilty .

Mikeyboy

• Like 2

It’s common knowledge that i dislike Selby so it’s no surprise I’m hoping Brecel can get over the winning line . It really is the Dick Dastardly of the Green Baize v Nice Guy Luca Final. I turned off the semi  last night as Selby’s play was getting me down. You know he will use the Dark Arts (all legal) to grind your gears. It’s another thing being able to overcome them! 

Apparently even Virgo and Hendry were making thinly-veiled critical comments about his style of play. Also is it just my dislike of him influencing my opinion or does he get a lot of lucky runs of the ball when he makes an error?

If Selby gets anywhere near the world title count of Hendry or ROS it will be a triumph of prosaic, boring, percentage play against flair and natural ability but grudgingly id have to say it will be some achievement as their are a lot more quality players around now. When Davies was winning everything in the 80’s all the other players were pissed during the game 😆 

Edited by Somchai1
  • Haha 2

Off topic….JK at least Limerick (dark Arts GAA) got beat by Clare yesterday!

42 minutes ago, Somchai1 said:

It’s common knowledge that i dislike Selby so it’s no surprise I’m hoping Brecel can get over the winning line . It really is the Dick Dastardly of the Green Baize v Nice Guy Luca Final. I turned off the semi  last night as Selby’s play was getting me down. You know he will use the Dark Arts (all legal) to grind your gears. It’s another thing being able to overcome them! 

Apparently even Virgo and Hendry were making thinly-veiled critical comments about his style of play. Also is it just my dislike of him influencing my opinion or does he get a lot of lucky runs of the ball when he makes an error?

If Selby gets anywhere near the world title count of Hendry or ROS it will be a triumph of prosaic, boring, percentage play against flair and natural ability but grudgingly id have to say it will be some achievement as their are a lot more quality players around now. When Davies was winning everything in the 80’s all the other players were pissed during the game 😆 

I don't know if its just human nature , but in the past Steve Davis and to a degree Stephen  Hendry who both dominated the game with clinical Snooker were probably not as appreciated as much then as they are now .   I think the onus was on Mark Allen to do something different in last nights Semi as he was behind , Murphy and Hendry both said so .   I am a big fan of Selby but last nights offering was tedious , and Mark Allens caution did not help .

Lets hope for much better today , Sport is an entertainment after all .

Mikeyboy

Edited by mikeyboy
subtract

2 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

I don't know if its just human nature , but in the past Steve Davis and to a degree Stephen  Hendrey who both dominated Snooker with clinical Snooker were probably not as appreciated as much then as they are now .   I think the onus was on Mark Allen to do something different in last nights Semi as he was behind , Murphy and Hendrey both said so .   I am a big fan of Selby but last nights offering was tedious , and Mark Allens caution did not help .

Lets hope for much better today , Sport is an entertainment after all .

Mikeyboy

Let’s hope so… ill be out watching the Celtic v Rangers Semi in the afternoon but will catch the evening sessions👍 

I miss the first session , not surprised that Brecel is 6-2 up  . I think because the long slow play til at 1 am had worn him down . Will not write off Selby yet .

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, jocky king said:

I miss the first session , not surprised that Brecel is 6-2 up  . I think because the long slow play til at 1 am had worn him down . Will not write off Selby yet .

Hendry when asked that question, had little sympathy and said he should have finished earlier then .. 555

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Really looking forward to the last day of the crucible final . Brecel leading 9-8 last night . As we saw 147 last night , I bet Kyren is bit pissed off over a share of the prize . 555 . 9-8 is a good result for all snooker fans at home . They will be able to watch the two session instead of one . Enjoy lads . 

2 minutes ago, jocky king said:

we saw 147 last night

I think this was worth mentioning. I've always been a fan of Selby but do understand those are not. But you can't argue with that break. Clinical! 

• Like 3

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Brecel performed brilliantly to win the third session 6-2 to lead 15-10 . Brecel going for amazing difficult poi’s , made 3 centuries.  Can he hold his nerve to go over the finishing line .  Remember Jimmy White leading 14-8 to Hendry but lost 14-18 .  Brecel only need three with Selby 8 . We are in for a big treat tonight at 7 pm ( 01.00am Thai ) . 

5 hours ago, jocky king said:

Brecel performed brilliantly to win the third session 6-2 to lead 15-10 . Brecel going for amazing difficult poi’s , made 3 centuries.  Can he hold his nerve to go over the finishing line .  Remember Jimmy White leading 14-8 to Hendry but lost 14-18 .  Brecel only need three with Selby 8 . We are in for a big treat tonight at 7 pm ( 01.00am Thai ) . 

Brecel 16 - 15     what a final  !

Mark Selby putting Luca through the wringer at the moment , but he just needs 2 more frames

Mikeyboy

Edited by mikeyboy
add
  • Like 2

Brilliant for the game that Luca Brecel is World Champion .   18 - 15

Fantastic final , i certainly enjoyed that .

Mikeyboy

• Like 3

WOW, Express VPN pissed off for the third session but worked for the final session. Luca took advantage of some Selby mistakes. Good tournament.

• Like 2

Great final , Brecel deserved it 100% , beating Ronnie from 10-6 down to win 13-10 , beating Si from 14-5 down to win 17-15 . Selby was unlucky , misses a easy black when 16-15 down  , the rest is history . Well Done Brecel   . 

• Like 3