IGNORED

WORLD SNOOKER CHAMPIONSHIP 2023

jocky king

4 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

An inspired Anthony McGill 6-3 up on Judd Trump ,  could be the first big shock of the tournament .

Judd looked to be forcing a few shots , missing ,  and McGill taking full advantage .

Milkins Perry  match to start tonight , played to a finish tomorrow morning .

Mikeyboy

Wouldn’t rule out Trump tomorrow , he is only 3 frames behind , that’s nothing to him. . Bookie are now offering 16/1 for Trump . Might be tempt to put a tenner on him . 
 Gary Wilson must be relieved to avoid the fight back from Slessor . 10-8 . Slessor fought back from 2-7 to 8-9 ,  only for Gary made a century break to win the match.  . 

8-10 Trump is out , played good at the start and struggled afterward . McGill always played well at crucible , it is like it is his home ground . 

Milkins is unbelievable , fought back from 2-7 down to win 10-9 to Joe Perry , Milkins was helped by so many easy misses from Perry . Even though I likes Milkins , I felt sorry for Perry . A cruel game if you lost a match with a big lead overnight . Milkins gotta play better than that in the second round. 

Mark Williams & Brecel 4-4 , Brecel played superbly to overcome a 2-0 down to 4-4 . 

War of words from Vafael on Ronnie , could be fireworks tomorrow morning session . 

• Like 2

Shaun Murphy is gone by a Chinese unknown Si … 10-9 . Murphy fought back but couldn’t win the decider . A sigh of relief for Si who is only 20 years old . 

8 hours ago, Ziplee said:

Is there any streams us guys in the USA can watch the matches?

You can get a HD stream with BBC iPlayer, but you need a VPN.

BBC iPlayer requires a UK address to sign in, I used the Harrods store address in London, and it worked fine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/b010nsbf

Edited by Farangkie

4 hours ago, Farangkie said:

You can get a HD stream with BBC iPlayer, but you need a VPN.

BBC iPlayer requires a UK address to sign in, I used the Harrods store address in London, and it worked fine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/b010nsbf

Oh damn, they want me to buy a tv license. Maybe I can see some replays on youtube.

2 minutes ago, Ziplee said:

Oh damn, they want me to buy a tv license. Maybe I can see some replays on youtube.

You don't need a license, when the pop up box comes up asking that question, just click on "Yes I have a TV license", then you can proceed to watch the content.

16 hours ago, jocky king said:

War of words from Vafael on Ronnie , could be fireworks tomorrow morning session . 

Ronnie Vs Vafael … 14.30 ( 20.30 Thai) 

Williams Vs Brecel 4-4 10.00 (16.00) 

Robertson Vs Jones 10.00 (16.00)

Allen Vs Bingham 5-3 14.30 (20.30)

Edited by jocky king

5 minutes ago, Farangkie said:

You don't need a license, when the pop up box comes up asking that question, just click on "Yes I have a TV license", then you can proceed to watch the content.

Why not buy illegal streaming , very good picture . €75 for 6 month . Shows 1,000 channels . Need media box or Firestick . ( Firestick better ) 

Edited by jocky king

4 minutes ago, jocky king said:

Why not buy illegal streaming , very good picture . €75 for 6 month . Shows 1,000 channels . Need media box or Firestick . ( Firestick better ) 

I have Wizz TV, and I watch the snooker on that, but for a one off big sports event that's on the BBC, and for someone that wants to stream it for free, the iPlayer with a VPN is the best option IMO.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Farangkie said:

Yep that works... thanks

Williams Brecel match a decent watch ,  is Luca only 4 foot 2 inch tall ?  🙂 🙂  Seems like he needs a rest for half his shots , but he sure can play .

Mikeyboy

Edited by mikeyboy
add
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mikeyboy said:

Williams Brecel match a decent watch ,  is Luca only 4 foot 2 inch tall ?  🙂 🙂  Seems like he needs a rest for half his shots , but he sure can play .

Mikeyboy

Not long time ago ..like 1-2 month he was playing exhibition in Hig Rollers. 

Great player indeed.  

Brecel will be delighted to have a few days off with his win over Williams , Great match , Brecel time this year to be champions maybe ?  Impressed with JaK jones with his gritting display against Robertson 10-6 , Thought he faltered after Robertson fought back to 4-4 from 0-3 down .. Could be a new champion this year after former champions Murphy ,Trump , Williams and Bingham ( almost 4-12 )are gone  with Selby , Robertson , Ronnie and Higgins still in the second round . Vafaei tried to throw the snooker table into a battle ground with a smash on break off on second frame but Ronnie kept cool to win 6 frames , he was a little disappointed that he didn’t win the last frame to make 7-1 but end up 6-2 . Vafaei probably already warned to behave tomorrow from officials

APRIL 22nd Saturday 

Anthony McGill Vs Jack Lisowski 10.00 (16.00 Thai )

Mark Allen Vs Stuart Bingham 12-4 10.00 (16.00)

Ronnie Vs Vafaei  6-2 14.30 (20.30 )

Jak Jones Vs Robertson 10-6 14.30 (20.30)

Robert Milkins Vs Si Jiahui 20.00 (02.00)

Mark Selby Vs Gary Wilson 20.00 (02.00) 

Edited by jocky king

Really looking forward to the Si - Milkins match. See if the young guy can handle the pressure. It looks like Ronnie is going let his cue do all the talking.

On 21/04/2023 at 03:05, jocky king said:

Shaun Murphy is gone by a Chinese unknown Si … 10-9 . Murphy fought back but couldn’t win the decider . A sigh of relief for Si who is only 20 years old . 

What a great result for the bookies, Murphy would have been well back for that match and the tournament. Si was fearless and played some amazing long range shots …He’s got Milkins in the next round who is beatable. Let’s hope Si hasn’t peaked too soon.

World Snooker will be happy to have a new Chinese Poster Boy for the game, considering the blanket ban and the hope of re-launching lucrative tournaments over there.

Allen looking strong JK

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Somchai1 said:

What a great result for the bookies, Murphy would have been well back for that match and the tournament. Si was fearless and played some amazing long range shots …He’s got Milkins in the next round who is beatable. Let’s hope Si hasn’t peaked too soon.

World Snooker will be happy to have a new Chinese Poster Boy for the game, considering the blanket ban and the hope of re-launching lucrative tournaments over there.

Allen looking strong JK

Agree with you especially with Allen also . He doesn’t go for risky  shot like he used to be . Safety minded player . Bit like Selby . 

1 hour ago, Somchai1 said:

Allen looking strong JK

The Chinese players all seem to come off a production line , all playing exactly the same game .  Ding Junhui has added a good safety element to his game but seems to be a battle for him to win a match at Sheffield now , he looks so fragile . 

Yan Bintao has a stronger game and mentally stronger also .

The Thai players seem to have a bit more flair about them imo .

Hope China can restart the regular tournaments out there , but their hopes of relocating the World Championships to China have surely gone .  

Mikeyboy

• Like 2

It was nice to see Ronnie and Vafaei embrace together after Ronnie pot the final black to make a century. Hope Vafaei will be back next year . Probably the frustration took everything out of him . 

Jak Jones beat Robertson , a very good player . Playing Allen who is back to his best after losing his weight . 

SI looks like he’s through against Milkins 9-3 at the moment ….. he’ll be a dangerous opponent now as he has no fear ! JK,  Waterford were unlucky today v Limerick, too many wides but put in a great shift , did you watch it?

7 hours ago, Somchai1 said:

SI looks like he’s through against Milkins 9-3 at the moment ….. he’ll be a dangerous opponent now as he has no fear ! JK,  Waterford were unlucky today v Limerick, too many wides but put in a great shift , did you watch it?

Miss it , was working , working every Saturday and Sunday , 5 days off is not bad but miss a lot of sports on TV such as racing , football , Hurling , Rugby , snooker etc .  Si is a great player , never saw him before . He could go on further but can’t see him win the championship. But I hope he will . 

John Higgins unstoppable, won a match against Kyren Wilson with a session to spare , playing like this , the famous  Silver Lady cup is his .  Selby is another , a gritter , he can tire his opponents down with his safety & snookers . Even Gary Wilson tried to match his safety & snookers  ,  will be tough to win with 10-6 down . 

Waterford Goalie’s parent lives next door to mine . When he was little , he used to bang the hurling balls on the wall on our back wall daily on his own  . A very good hurler , Shaun O Brien .  

Edited by jocky king

Mark Selby and Anthony McGill looking to reach the quarter finals tonight ,   Mark Allen taking on surprise package Jak Jones in the morning and Ronnie taking on Luca Brecel .  I think these two games will go to the seeds .

Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry last night on TV committing blasphemy , suggesting that the top rail pots are quite easy and balls that look like they are missing still go in .    I like these two pundits as they tell it as they see it .

Mikeyboy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anthony McGill must have a heart in his mouth when Jack came back from 10-1 to 11-8 , Anthony finally wrapped the match with last two frames to win 13-8 . 
Selby won 13-7 to Gary , Gary became weaker as the third session , Selby tactics wore him out . He said he wasn’t happy with the performance . Playing against Higgins will be the match to watch in the quarterfinals , Ronnie Vs Brecel will be tough , both are attacking minded players . McGill probably be happier to play the Chinese unknown Si instead of the big 3 .  Allen Vs Jak Jones  might be good if Jak keeps performing like he did with Robertson . 

• Like 3