IGNORED

WORLD SNOOKER CHAMPIONSHIP 2023

jocky king

World Snooker Championship 2023 start on this Saturday at Crucible in Sheffield. Reigning  World champion Ronnie will defend his title on Saturday. A draw will be made today.  I fancy two players to win this year is , Neil Robertson and Mark Allen . Robertson hasn’t win a ranking tournament so long , he is due for one , maybe this time (15/2 ) , Mark Allen playing a different snooker few months ago and won him two ranking tournaments, playing a more safety snooker than he used to be . (14/1 ) , thought the price is very good. 

D613F78D-10C3-465A-AD33-A0860C6F37FA.thumb.jpeg.b51806d86e3582b245812cc093e4f6db.jpeg

@mikeyboy What you think ? Ready to watch starting tomorrow at 10 an ( 17.00 pm Thai ) 

2 hours ago, jocky king said:

@mikeyboy What you think ? Ready to watch starting tomorrow at 10 an ( 17.00 pm Thai ) 

Hi Jocky

Yes , its that time of year again .   

As ever , so difficult to pick a winner but , looking at form players they all have a good chance .  Neil Robertson seems to find somebody better than him each year .   13 years now since he won his only world title .

I never bet against Mark Selby , and nobody wants to play him .   Mark Allen and Shawn Murphy playing as well this season as they have ever done .      Ronnie has had a poor season by his standards but usually saves something extra for the main event .  

Stuart Bingham is a bit of a loose cannon and on a roll he is hard to stop , he could surprise a few people

Mikeyboy

• Like 2

I think its going to be a good one this year with a good half dozen players players capalbe of lifting the title if they get on a roll, although I am not a fan of him Kyren Wilson could go far this time he`s been knocking on the door of a major win for a while now.

If I had to pick one going on current form I would go with Shawn Murphy but it would be great to see Ronnie take Hendry`s record or the laid back Mark Williams float round the table without a care in the world and claim another world title.

• Like 3

On 13/04/2023 at 08:34, jocky king said:

World Snooker Championship 2023 start on this Saturday at Crucible in Sheffield. Reigning  World champion Ronnie will defend his title on Saturday. A draw will be made today.  I fancy two players to win this year is , Neil Robertson and Mark Allen . Robertson hasn’t win a ranking tournament so long , he is due for one , maybe this time (15/2 ) , Mark Allen playing a different snooker few months ago and won him two ranking tournaments, playing a more safety snooker than he used to be . (14/1 ) , thought the price is very good. 

I think Allen is a good call JK and at 14/1 looks decent value. I’d love to see ROS win again but I’m not sure his game/cue tip is in good nick at the moment, however, that’s never been a stumbling block when he gets momentum at the Crucible. It’s possibly the most open Championships for a while, with this seasons spoils been distributed a bit more evenly over multiple players.

I’d like to see Ding Junhui win it if Ronnie can’t, but he seems beatable even when he’s on form. Selby (don’t like him) will be there or thereabouts, and it seems everyone has forgotten Trump . Shaun Murphy (don’t like him either 😆) was playing brilliantly in the last two events so will be dangerous.

I really can’t call it this year. 

For those of you with a punting persuasion ……. Me and JK notwithstanding 

3BCFD46C-F67F-447E-9E24-D01096374D61.png

3 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

Hi Jocky

Yes , its that time of year again .   

As ever , so difficult to pick a winner but , looking at form players they all have a good chance .  Neil Robertson seems to find somebody better than him each year .   13 years now since he won his only world title .

I never bet against Mark Selby , and nobody wants to play him .   Mark Allen and Shawn Murphy playing as well this season as they have ever done .      Ronnie has had a poor season by his standards but usually saves something extra for the main event .  

Stuart Bingham is a bit of a loose cannon and on a roll he is hard to stop , he could surprise a few people

Mikeyboy

Agree with you about Shaun , won two tournaments recently, I think he found the form after a long long  time , Mikey , I was only told today that the place we played snooker recently at Jomtien had killed 91 people  by fire in 1997 . Palm court . 

17 minutes ago, Somchai1 said:

I think Allen is a good call JK and at 14/1 looks decent value. I’d love to see ROS win again but I’m not sure his game/cue tip is in good nick at the moment, however, that’s never been a stumbling block when he gets momentum at the Crucible. It’s possibly the most open Championships for a while, with this seasons spoils been distributed a bit more evenly over multiple players.

I’d like to see Ding Junhui win it if Ronnie can’t, but he seems beatable even when he’s on form. Selby (don’t like him) will be there or thereabouts, and it seems everyone has forgotten Trump . Shaun Murphy (don’t like him either 😆) was playing brilliantly in the last two events so will be dangerous.

I really can’t call it this year. 

Still don’t like Selby , he could play on if he need 5 or more snookers , that could do no favours for his opponents, bore him down .  I backed him to win the championship few years ago . If you backed him , he will keep you in interest in snooker 555 . Used to dislike Shaun but changed few years ago , a gentleman on and off the table , I was rooting for him to beat selby in the final but lost . 

1 hour ago, castledrive said:

I think its going to be a good one this year with a good half dozen players players capalbe of lifting the title if they get on a roll, although I am not a fan of him Kyren Wilson could go far this time he`s been knocking on the door of a major win for a while now.

If I had to pick one going on current form I would go with Shawn Murphy but it would be great to see Ronnie take Hendry`s record or the laid back Mark Williams float round the table without a care in the world and claim another world title.

Me and My brother can’t stand Kyren Wilson because of his eyes .. 555  , You’re right , he is coming along nicely despite losing to Shaun at recent final . Saw him playing very good snooker at the right time .. Trump , I don’t know if he can find his form In crucible, he has a great stamina at snooker , long distance is his favour like Selby . 

I'm hoping Kyren Wilson can win it , got him at 16's   :) 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

14 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

Neil Robertson seems to find somebody better than him each year .   13 years now since he won his only world title

Fucking 'l. You just made me feel really old. Thanks :)

11 hours ago, castledrive said:

Mark Williams float round the table without a care in the world and claim another world title

Be still my heart. Love this guy. Has a Ronnie complex, though. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

4 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Fucking 'l. You just made me feel really old. Thanks :)

Be still my heart. Love this guy. Has a Ronnie complex, though. 

Yes  , its long overdue Neil Robertson won a second world , but will he ??

I also think Ding Junhui's chance has now gone of ever winning the worlds , he has a real problem playing Ronnie or Mark Selby .   You see the self doubt there .     I think Yan Bintao has a better chance , if/when the suspended Chinese players are allowed to compete again . 

I really enjoy watching Mark Williams in amongst the reds , but also enjoy watching the all round brilliance of Mark Selby .

Different styles make it .     Hoping the pockets arn't too big  

Mikeyboy

• Like 2

19 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

Yes  , its long overdue Neil Robertson won a second world , but will he ??

I also think Ding Junhui's chance has now gone of ever winning the worlds , he has a real problem playing Ronnie or Mark Selby .   You see the self doubt there .     I think Yan Bintao has a better chance , if/when the suspended Chinese players are allowed to compete again . 

I really enjoy watching Mark Williams in amongst the reds , but also enjoy watching the all round brilliance of Mark Selby .

Different styles make it .     Hoping the pockets arn't too big  

Mikeyboy

Thought the pocket are bit tighter , Ronnie hasn’t made a century on his 10-7 win against Pang or he is playing badly . He also has an elbow problem recently. He need more practice before the next round . 

On 16/04/2023 at 05:10, jocky king said:

Thought the pocket are bit tighter , Ronnie hasn’t made a century on his 10-7 win against Pang or he is playing badly . He also has an elbow problem recently. He need more practice before the next round . 

Funny , i thought the pockets are as generous as ever with some obvious "misses" still dropping .  

John Parrott said he thought the pockets were tight which made me laugh , i guess he has never played at Double Kiss on third road !

Ding Junhui out of the event already , never even got as far as Ronnie who will now play the Iranian in the next round who last year suggested Ronnie should retire as he is no good for the game .    Despite Ronnie being a drama Queen at times , i'm sure he is the reason a lot of youngsters take up the game .   If Vafaei had said it about Peter Ebdon or Graeme Dott i could understand . 

Mark Williams finding a different gear to ease into second round .

Mikeyboy

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

Funny , i thought the pockets are as generous as ever with some obvious "misses" still dropping .  

John Parrott said he thought the pockets were tight which made me laugh , i guess he has never played at Double Kiss on third road !

Ding Junhui out of the event already , never even got as far as Ronnie who will now play the Iranian in the next round who last year suggested Ronnie should retire as he is no good for the game .    Despite Ronnie being a drama Queen at times , i'm sure he is the reason a lot of youngsters take up the game .   If Vafaei had said it about Peter Ebdon or Graeme Dott i could understand . 

Mark Williams finding a different gear to ease into second round .

Mikeyboy

Agreed , saw the pocket today with Williams playing . Looks bigger than Palm hotel tables .. Remember Double kiss snooker table , tightest pocket ever played . Has it put in the crucible, snooker would be finished on BBC forever . 555

Some sort of protest tonight…… missed it, but they’re only playing one table now

1 hour ago, Leo_Bia said:

They really need to make an example of this idiot.

2 idiots. girl tried to climb on the other table

1 hour ago, striderman said:

2 idiots. girl tried to climb on the other table

She was apparently going to glue herself to the table, should let her do it. then left her there for the night.  Just switch of the lights and go home.  Next days play would be amazing..

commentary could incorporate the goings on of the stranded fuckwit,,

" At least she hasn't shat herself yet, oh deer, commentators curse there,,,and there's a miss on the brown. Foul stroke"

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Leo_Bia said:

They really need to make an example of this idiot.

I guess snooker was the innocent fall guy for a pair of morons who couldn't express themselves any other way . 

Like those wankers who glued themselves to the motorways and caused chaos on the roads .

Need to really nail them , rather than a simple fine or slap on the wrist .   

Mikeyboy

Two of my bets ( Robertson & Allen ) sailed to the next round easily . If they win the next round , they will face against each other in the Quarterfinal .  Wish it was the final . 555

5 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

I guess snooker was the innocent fall guy for a pair of morons who couldn't express themselves any other way . 

Like those wankers who glued themselves to the motorways and caused chaos on the roads .

Need to really nail them , rather than a simple fine or slap on the wrist .   

Mikeyboy

I see many people comparing them to the Suffragettes.

3 hours ago, Leo_Bia said:

I see many people comparing them to the Suffragettes.

The suffragettes had cunts these two are cunts

www.sugarcanemafia.com

An inspired Anthony McGill 6-3 up on Judd Trump ,  could be the first big shock of the tournament .

Judd looked to be forcing a few shots , missing ,  and McGill taking full advantage .

Milkins Perry  match to start tonight , played to a finish tomorrow morning .

Mikeyboy

Edited by mikeyboy
add