IGNORED

WORLD SNOOKER CHAMPIONSHIP 2023

jocky king

21 minutes ago, jocky king said:

Anthony McGill must have a heart in his mouth when Jack came back from 10-1 to 11-8 , Anthony finally wrapped the match with last two frames to win 13-8 . 
Selby won 13-7 to Gary , Gary became weaker as the third session , Selby tactics wore him out . He said he wasn’t happy with the performance . Playing against Higgins will be the match to watch in the quarterfinals , Ronnie Vs Brecel will be tough , both are attacking minded players . McGill probably be happier to play the Chinese unknown Si instead of the big 3 .  Allen Vs Jak Jones  might be good if Jak keeps performing like he did with Robertson . 

Anthony McGill looks totally at home at the crucible , and should have too much savvy for the Chinese kid ,

Agree that Selby / Higgins is the toughest game to call , 

Just to make a complete fool of myself ,  i take   McGill , Allen , O'Sullivan , Selby to make the Semis

Mikeyboy

Ronnie 6-2 up to Brecel , Ronnie taking advantage of few Brecel mistakes especially on 7 th frame , when Brecel needed two snookers on last two red . Got a snooker then Ronnie touch a black with his wait coat , potted yellow , green , brown , and blue but missed a pink . Lucky to get a 6-2 not either 5-3 and maybe 4-4 . 

Selby and McGill fought back to 4-4 to Higgins & Si . Three 4-4 quarter final session & a 6-2 . We could be watching a two deciders tomorrow. 

Brecel on fire 10-10 to Ronnie . Brecel looks very strong . Selby 6-4 to Higgins 

• Like 2

Brecel won 7 frames in a row to win the match with Ronnie . Unbelievable feat . 

• Like 3

Ronnie didn't look that interested, & his play was very sloppy at times

Brecel fully deserved the win

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jaynewcastle said:

Ronnie didn't look that interested, & his play was very sloppy at times

Brecel fully deserved the win

Ronnie was gracious in defeat , and said Luca fully deserved to win .

Luca said he was expecting to go home today , and played with total freedom .  He said he doesn't mind losing , but its a good feeling to win !    keep playing like that and he'll be in Sundays final .

In contrast , no risk Mark Selby has John Higgins against the wall at 11-6 , and doing to John what John usually does to other players .    I know a lot of people don't like Selbys style , but because he is brilliant at all facets of the game i love it .

Mikeyboy

Edited by mikeyboy
add
  • Like 3

Si beat McGill 13-12 … a thrilling match for a youngster who is only 20 years old from China . Will play Brecel tomorrow, Selby to Allen . Looks like it’s Selby Vs Brecel .. Will Brecel handle the Selby snooker tactics . Would be very difficult . As Mikey said he is a great player , I can’t disagree with that . He is the safest bet for your money cos he will never give up trying when needing three or four snookers . 

Edited by jocky king
  • Like 3

Anyone but Selby for me 😆…….the semis will probably be very contrasting, with the Si v Brecel one being attacking risk-taking snooker and the Selby v Allen a bit of a tactical bore. Allen has the game to beat Selby now he has more caution built-in. He cant let Selby get into his head with continually tucking him up in baulk. JK did you back Allen Each-way ?

40 minutes ago, Somchai1 said:

Anyone but Selby for me 😆…….the semis will probably be very contrasting, with the Si v Brecel one being attacking risk-taking snooker and the Selby v Allen a bit of a tactical bore. Allen has the game to beat Selby now he has more caution built-in. He cant let Selby get into his head with continually tucking him up in baulk. JK did you back Allen Each-way ?

Backed Allen to win only , 14/1 . You’re right about Allen having more caution than ever before that helped won him three ranking ( World Grand Prix , Northern Ireland Open , UK Championship) recently .  Lost his big weight as well also helped . 
I think Allen Vs Selby will be good to watch cos I love their tactical snooker , rather than a quick fire snooker . Brecel a great player , he would rather play against the likes of Ronnie & Trump & Williams & Murphy among others , but he won’t be able to play his usual rhythm of snooker potting like he did yesterday,  to either Selby or Allen . That will frustrate Brecel or Si . Most fans would rather Brecel or Si to win the championship .  Brecel will beat Si easily , not disrespecting Si , he is still 20 years old , McGill misses few easy balls left by Si , that Brecel wouldn’t miss.
For me , I love to see Si to win the championship, if not Brecel and with Allen after that . Selby is the man they have to beat .  Will enjoy watching both matches  , one a tactical & a free flowing snooker . 

Edited by jocky king

8 hours ago, jocky king said:

Si beat McGill 13-12 … a thrilling match for a youngster who is only 20 years old from China . Will play Brecel tomorrow, Selby to Allen . Looks like it’s Selby Vs Brecel .. Will Brecel handle the Selby snooker tactics . Would be very difficult . As Mikey said he is a great player , I can’t disagree with that . He is the safest bet for your money cos he will never give up trying when needing three or four snookers . 

My money is on Selby , got 6/1 before the tournament started , but still a long way to go .   

Anthony McGill must be wondering what he has to do to reach a Crucible final , the strain was showing towards the end of his match .  Si Jiahui was suffering too .

Steve Davis was explaining on TV why the Pockets appear to be bigger , it's all to do with the very shiny Cloth the've covered the table with this year .  He was holding a template to show the pockets are a standard size .  The jaws of the corner pockets appear very generous .

It looks odd when balls that are obviously missing still drop !

Mikeyboy 

Edited by mikeyboy
add
  • Like 3

Wow , did you all see the first session from new Chinese sensation, Si . Made two centuries and a 90 . Very very impressive player after playing til midnight last night . 3-1 now . 

• Like 2

Si is now 5-3 until tomorrow. Was lucky to get a last scrappy frame , I love a scrappy frame . Brecel won’t mind losing a two frame cushion overnight . 
Selby vs Allen tonight should be good for those who loves scrappy frames . 

• Like 2

Just caught a bit of the Selby/Allen game 2-2 now. You can see that Allen will try and match him tactically , giving him no easy starter if he can and then try score heavy when he gets in . I hope Allen can beat him. Then we will be guaranteed to have a brand new World Champion whoever wins the other semi.

1 hour ago, Somchai1 said:

Just caught a bit of the Selby/Allen game 2-2 now. You can see that Allen will try and match him tactically , giving him no easy starter if he can and then try score heavy when he gets in . I hope Allen can beat him. Then we will be guaranteed to have a brand new World Champion whoever wins the other semi.

Enjoyed a Tactical snooker tonight with Allen leading 5-3 to Selby . The camera later caught a slight touch from Allen’s cue but got away with it . It was very difficult for the ref to see . Allen had done well to match Selby tactical snooker . Could see the crowd enjoyed the night , money well spend  . Three session tomorrow, Si Vs Brecel at 10 am ( 16.00 Thai ) & 19 pm  ( 01.0am ) and Selby Vs Allen 13.00 ( 19.00) 

• Like 3

Jesus Christ , Si was so sensational this morning with a 6-2 session to make 11-5 . This morning he remind me of young Stephen Hendry years ago , potting balls from everywhere . The blue on 9 or 10 th frame was the best pot of the session , Brecel looked shocked at his chair . Will not write off Brecel chances , cos we saw him at Quarter final with Ronnie trailing 6-10 to win 13-6 . I think Si will attracted thousands of Ronnie fans ( including me )to his fan base at the mo . 

Have a look at his odd before the start of the championship. 150/1 

54A29C43-AEDA-4E8B-A46E-2C53C5729B8D.jpeg

Edited by jocky king
  • Like 2

Selby took a lead on second session 7-6 to Allen . Allen must be sick over the loss of 11 th frame with Selby needing a snooker . Took Selby a long time to find a snooker and win a frame . A potential 7-4 but went 6-5 . After that Selby wear him down to make few errors , won next two frames . Should be three more frame to go , but no time left . I think Allen was bit  silly to share the laugh and the banter , suit selby perfectly .  They are back tomorrow , could be a longest semi final ever if they both go to the decider . 

Edited by jocky king
  • Like 3

I just feel that momentum was swinging towards Mark Selby when they finished this afternoon winning 4 of the 5 frames .

Mark Allen i think needs to be less exact and start going for it a bit more to stand any chance  .  He's good at the safety aspect but Selby is the best .

Mikeyboy

Edited by mikeyboy
add
  • Like 2

Brecel fought back to 10-14 from 5-14 down , Si made few simple mistakes . The last frame with the green  cost him dearly. I think Brecel will be a better challenger than Si for Selby or Allen final . Tomorrow matches will be very interesting.  Disappointed that I Won’t be watching first two session tomorrow. 

Edited by jocky king
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, jocky king said:

Brecel fought back to 10-14 from 5-14 down , Si made few simple mistakes . The last frame with the green  cost him dearly. I think Brecel will be a better challenger than Si for Selby or Allen final . Tomorrow matches will be very interesting.  Disappointed that I Won’t be watching first two session tomorrow. 

Crowd got their moneys worth tonight , what a very entertaining 8 frames of Snooker .   Luca still in with a chance but needs to start strong in tomorrows final session .  What a talent Si  , brilliant potter .   I wonder how many million ChInese will be watching this match ??   They needed a lift with this match fixing scandal being ruled on at the moment , and Si is providing it .    

Selby Allen match very tense stuff , a test of endurance for the players and spectators as well .  

Mikeyboy 

• Like 3

It was always the danger that Brecel had already played his ‘final’ against Ronnie , but fair play to him i think he’s got the crowd behind him and Si rattled. Luckily Si y had overnight to re-group. I’m just worried if Selby makes the final it will be like ‘lambs to the slaughter’ whoever makes it from the other game as hell just grind the game down and make it a shite spectacle 

Selby 9 Allen 6  , frame 16 is a real grind .  Mark Allen with 50 point plus lead playing very meekly , Shaun Murphy on commentary very scathing of Mark Allen .    9-7

11 minutes ago, Ziplee said:

Selby and Allen are struggling. I wonder if the long frames are getting to them. How much is a ticket to the crucible, anybody know?

Never seen so many mistakes from these two .  They look really jaded at the moment , and could potentially have 13 more frames to play tonight...😴😴

This afternoons winner could have a big advantage come tomorrow ...

Mikeyboy