IGNORED

Do you give money to beggars ?

JingJoe

On 15/09/2022 at 02:14, davetherave3311 said:

Back in UK, when I was a young lad, I was waiting at the bus stop. There was a beggar and he asked me for any change. In my wallet I had £10 note, exact change for my bus fare and a few bits of shrapnel, 2p's, 1p's, 5p's, 10p's. It amounted to about 32p.

Obviously I wasnt going to give him a tenner. Obviously I wanted to catch the bus I was waiting for.

I handed him the copper shrapnel.

He scoffed, swore and threw it back at me.

I have never, ever given shit to a beggar ever since.

Reminds me of an experience I had in the States. I'm sitting in a McDonald's drive thru to get breakfast before work and this homeless guy comes up to my passenger window and asks me if I can buy him breakfast. I agree and add an egg McMuffin to my order and tell him to wait in front of the drive thru.

Get my order and stop next to the homeless guy, hand him the egg McMuffin. He looks in the bag then back up at me with a disgusted look "Thats it?!"

The day I stopped giving to beggars. 

Edited by amphis
  • Like 2

On 14/09/2022 at 07:32, JingJoe said:

Im talking TGs with a baby on the arm, homeless TGs, old folks, drunks etc ( all Thai of course ) ?

When approached by a beggar on the street, my first thought is they are just going to use my hard earned money on drugs or booze to get high.

Then it occurs to me that’s all I’m planning to do with my money anyways.

Then I’ll stop and give the poor fucker a hand out.

• Like 1

i only give if the girl im with does

Once a month I will give money to people deformed or with missing limbs. I give it to them because it reminds me that although I might think I have problems, I actually have none after watching them in passing.

Can't help everyone, but sometimes.... 

• Like 2

I bought a sandwich and a water to an old lady begging in front of a 7/11 then later my TG told me that they are not Thai because the Thai government takes care of the Thais.

Anyway if you want to avoid mafia or that they buy alcohol its better to give them food and water.

I often give a few Baht to a guy with deformed legs who is moving on a kind of skateboard along Soi Buakhao. 

Yes I do give money to beggars at least once every trip to Bangkok or Pattaya. No idea if it's real deal, Maffia driven and how the small contribution were used never cross my mind.

But in my twisted logic, it's ok to do one good deed while in Thailand.