IGNORED

MLB Postseason 2021 (may contain spoilers)

Fire Bar Matt

1 hour ago, Dr No said:

I have no illusion that I’d fan on 3 straight pitches. My only understanding here is an MLB batter is looking for a specific pitch, usually fast ball, and can hit that, guys may sit on a breaking ball and when it’s hung, tee off on it. It’s truly remarkable anyone can hit +.300 in the MLB. 

Ted Williams ended the 1941 season batting a little over .400.  WWII followed and he missed the next 4 seasons as he joined the Army.

17 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

Ted Williams ended the 1941 season batting a little over .400.  WWII followed and he missed the next 4 seasons as he joined the Army.

Williams hit .406 by going 6 for 8 in a double header on the final day of the season.  There was no sitting down to preserve his average.  Bill Terry batted .401 for the New York Giants in 1930.  Williams hit .388 in 1957, Rod Carew hit .388 in 1977, George Brett hit .390 in 1980, and Tony Gwynn hit .394 in 1994.

Retired

13 minutes ago, Piece Corp said:

Williams hit .406 by going 6 for 8 in a double header on the final day of the season.  There was no sitting down to preserve his average.  Bill Terry batted .401 for the New York Giants in 1930.  Williams hit .388 in 1957, Rod Carew hit .388 in 1977, George Brett hit .390 in 1980, and Tony Gwynn hit .394 in 1994.

Williams missed 3 years during WWII and also another 2 years during the Korean War due to military service.  His career total for home runs and RBIs would have been much higher if it wasn't for his military service.

On 25/10/2021 at 13:04, h.harris said:

NL East was a very tough division. Braves in 6 ! 

Congrats  !!! 

• Haha 2

Yea baby Braves spank the Astros but anyone that really follows baseball knew this was going to happen.Dusty Baker choked like a dog on a chicken bone. He is a gag master when it comes to the post season.His post season record is 13 wins and 17 loses.Regular season he tends to get it done but if you can't win the big one then time to get out.Yea dusty could not manage a Subway sandwich shop at lunch hour Big failure when it comes to games that matter the big ones. 

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

15 hours ago, Soi7 said:

Yea baby Braves spank the Astros but anyone that really follows baseball knew this was going to happen.Dusty Baker choked like a dog on a chicken bone. He is a gag master when it comes to the post season.His post season record is 13 wins and 17 loses.Regular season he tends to get it done but if you can't win the big one then time to get out.Yea dusty could not manage a Subway sandwich shop at lunch hour Big failure when it comes to games that matter the big ones. 

you would think he would have learned what to do after so many opportunities, but I guess not.

I was happy to see the Braves win.

7 hours ago, cbmgolfer said:

you would think he would have learned what to do after so many opportunities, but I guess not.

I was happy to see the Braves win.

Managers don't play the game but the numbers show he is Toxic as a manager 

babydollsaddict.gif

36 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

Managers don't play the game but the numbers show he is Toxic as a manager 

I remember when his kid was batboy and nearly interfered with a play in the WS (or playoffs) ...

1 hour ago, cbmgolfer said:

I remember when his kid was batboy and nearly interfered with a play in the WS (or playoffs) ...

Haaa like father like son 

babydollsaddict.gif