Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

MLB Postseason 2021 (may contain spoilers)

Fire Bar Matt

Astros go through to the WS, for anyone who didn’t want that then I guess we can hang our hats on it’s more heartbreaking to lose a WS than and LCS :) I’m putting all my hope on the Dodgers but if they don’t win, please let the Braves do it. 

• Like 1

Red Soxs didn't get their first hit until the 6th inning and finished with only 2 hits.  Of the 10 teams that qualified for the playoffs the Braves had the least amount of wins.  Last year the Dodgers were down 3 games to one to the Braves before coming back, I don't know if they can repeat that feat again this year.

5 hours ago, Dr No said:

Astros go through to the WS, for anyone who didn’t want that then I guess we can hang our hats on it’s more heartbreaking to lose a WS than and LCS :) I’m putting all my hope on the Dodgers but if they don’t win, please let the Braves do it. 

Well now i am hoping for a WS winner from the NL. I prefer the Braves but I could live with anyone but the Astros. I want to be able to continue to say Dusty can not win the big one. :)

• Like 1

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Stros are winners

Altuve is remarkable to take all the shit he got from the fans and media and continue with a certain HOF pace

Their farm system under Crane is remarkable and churns out great players

No Verlander no Cole now no McCullers ,,,,how do they win?

Dusty is kind of like Guy V Lewis ......he just rolls out the baseballs and lets them do what they do

I hope they get the Dodgers so their fans can have a melt down and all call their shrinks in SoCal

On 23/10/2021 at 03:40, BobLilly said:

Played a few years ago in a Bangkok league with some guys in the hospitality business. One of them, Ron who goes by Stargazer on Thailand forums, opened a lavish Baseball themed restaurant called the HomeRun and sponsored teams. He fucked off back to Hong Kong when his burger place failed and the leagues sort of fizzled any way thereafter.

And are you still in the area?

Happy Days Atlanta wins! 

IMG_20211024_102037.jpg

babydollsaddict.gif

Top of the 7th was pivotal, Dodgers had runners on 2nd & 3rd with no one out but then 3 guys strike out. The all or nothing game being played nowadays and hitters inability to move runners in this day and age was just amplified in that inning. To think none of those guys, including Pujulos & Betts couldn’t even put bat on ball is just sad. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

Happy Days Atlanta wins! 

IMG_20211024_102037.jpg

How many phones do you carry? Pic in pic :)

And yeah I’m jealous you’re getting a footie while watching. 

3 minutes ago, Dr No said:

Top of the 7th was pivotal, Dodgers had runners on 2nd & 3rd with no one out but then 3 guys strike out. The all or nothing game being played nowadays and hitters inability to move runners in this day and age was just amplified in that inning. To think none of those guys, including Pujulos & Betts couldn’t even put bat on ball is just sad. 

You are absolutely correct.

The best team won today.

The Dodgers are not the same team they were at the beginning of the season with all the personnel issues.

I know all teams battle injuries all year, but the Dodgers were hit hard at the end.

Edited by LASportsNut

1 hour ago, LASportsNut said:

The best team won today.

The Dodgers are not the same team they were at the beginning of the season with all the personnel issues.

I know all teams battle injuries all year, but the Dodgers were hit hard at the end.

Yeah, losing Muncy on the last day of the regular season, J. Turner going down in the ALCS, not to mention Kershaw & Bauer from the starting rotation, it was always going to be difficult. 

I’ll hang my hat on the Braves in the WS. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pattaya Freelancer said:

And are you still in the area?

Only infrequently. I'm mostly in Udon Thani and as far as I can tell no rounders here.

8 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

The best team won today.

True, but there were some gobsmacking bad moves by Roberts, such as using his best pitcher, and the guy he needed in game 6 or 7, Scherzer, in relief ... jeez.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BobLilly said:

True, but there were some gobsmacking bad moves by Roberts, such as using his best pitcher, and the guy he needed in game 6 or 7, Scherzer, in relief ... jeez.

Yes, that move has backed fired many times before, but with Kershaw in the past.

Scherzer came in too hot, as he was so amped.

I know they were thinking they will go down fighting as they will not get another chance, but if the ultimate goal is to win the WS then I feel they should do it with what got them there.

After all they won 106 games.

3 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

Yes, that move has backed fired many times before, but with Kershaw in the past.

Scherzer came in too hot, as he was so amped.

I know they were thinking they will go down fighting as they will not get another chance, but if the ultimate goal is to win the WS then I feel they should do it with what got them there.

After all they won 106 games.

There is some merit to that approach but my view is that is flawed in playoffs. Just seems most years in any US professional sport, it's the team that gets hot and streaks at the end that ends up winning it all.

As far as managerial cojones goes, I tip my hat to Dusty Baker who lost his Ace and then went balls in with his younger pitchers and they delivered. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dr No said:

I’ll hang my hat on the Braves in the WS

Of the 10 teams that made the playoffs the Braves had the fewest wins.  There were a couple teams in the American League that didn't make the playoffs with more wins.

On 24/10/2021 at 22:12, usexpat46 said:

Of the 10 teams that made the playoffs the Braves had the fewest wins.  There were a couple teams in the American League that didn't make the playoffs with more wins.

NL East was a very tough division. Braves in 6 ! 

On 24/10/2021 at 22:12, usexpat46 said:

In the NHL there are often teams that have made the playoffs with a less than 500 win percentage. If they were to go on to win the Stanley cup would people really think they were the best team in the NHL that year ? 

babydollsaddict.gif

3 hours ago, h.harris said:

NL East was a very tough division. Braves in 6 ! 

True, the NL West was tougher but they (Giants and Dodgers) beat each other up and they are all on their couches watching from home.

A really nice tribute to The Hammer before the game today. It got me rather emotional, what a great man and surely an inspiration to so many people. 

2 minutes ago, Dr No said:

A really nice tribute to The Hammer before the game today. It got me rather emotional, what a great man and surely an inspiration to so many people. 

I did not see it.

As a 10 year old kid I sent him a letter.

Forget what it was about but it was a positive letter about him getting close to breaking Babe Ruth's all time home run record.

In return he (or his staff) sent me a nice letter back with some memorabilia.

I still have it somewhere.

There is a lot of published reports about all the negative, racist mail he received during this time but nothing about all the positive letters from kids and adults.

About 30 years later, I met him at an event in Hollywood, California, USA.

He was a DICK! 

Very angry about something. 

think it had something to do with waiting for his limo to pick him up and it was late.  LOL

I brushed it off as him just having a bad day.

5 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

I did not see it.

As a 10 year old kid I sent him a letter.

Forget what it was about but it was a positive letter about him getting close to breaking Babe Ruth's all time home run record.

In return he (or his staff) sent me a nice letter back with some memorabilia.

I still have it somewhere.

There is a lot of published reports about all the negative, racist mail he received during this time but nothing about all the positive letters from kids and adults.

About 30 years later, I met him at an event in Hollywood, California, USA.

He was a DICK! 

Very angry about something. 

think it had something to do with waiting for his limo to pick him up and it was late.  LOL

I brushed it off as him just having a bad day.

Nice to know you brushed it, every person is entitled to having bad days, even great ones. 
I’m betting even Jackie Robinson got cranky in his old age :)

• Like 2

How hard is it to hit in the majors? I found this stat cast very interesting, just less than 3MPH velocity on a fastball equates to 1 foot of difference, then you add in breaking pitches with nearly 20MPH difference being thrown out of the same arm slot. That’s approx 7 foot of difference of the ball arriving at the same location. Pitch recognition is an awesome tool to have, especially when a lot of breaking pitches don’t break until the last 10 or so feet. 

67A674F9-4A56-4B3A-9B6C-ADF92E373048.jpeg

46DAA813-BD03-4222-BE52-17872E926105.jpeg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dr No said:

How hard is it to hit in the majors? I found this stat cast very interesting, just less than 3MPH velocity on a fastball equates to 1 foot of difference, then you add in breaking pitches with nearly 20MPH difference being thrown out of the same arm slot. That’s approx 7 foot of difference of the ball arriving at the same location. Pitch recognition is an awesome tool to have, especially when a lot of breaking pitches don’t break until the last 10 or so feet. 

67A674F9-4A56-4B3A-9B6C-ADF92E373048.jpeg

46DAA813-BD03-4222-BE52-17872E926105.jpeg

Makes it even harder to hit if you have any pitchers like Sal The Barber Maglie.

If you want to brush up, there’s a Japanese guy that runs a batting cage on Sukhumvit Soi 31 in Bangkok.  For 100 baht you get 55 balls at 100 km/h from a pitching machine.  They provide the bat and helmet. :Hit_Self:

https://www.facebook.com/BangkokBattingCenter/

Edited by Piece Corp

Retired

33 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

Makes it even harder to hit if you have any pitchers like Sal The Barber Maglie.

I have no illusion that I’d fan on 3 straight pitches. My only understanding here is an MLB batter is looking for a specific pitch, usually fast ball, and can hit that, guys may sit on a breaking ball and when it’s hung, tee off on it. It’s truly remarkable anyone can hit +.300 in the MLB. 

• Like 1