IGNORED

MLB Postseason 2021 (may contain spoilers)

Fire Bar Matt

Thought it might be fun to start a thread to discuss the 2021 postseason. 

I’m not US based but love the game and a huge Dodgers fan. Personally I think the NL West has been the most entertaining division all year long and NLDS series between the Dodgers & Giants will be fascinating. On the other side the Braves and Brewers may just go 5 games as they appear pretty evenly matched. 

AL NLDS looks interesting, kind of hope the Astro’s get knocked out due to the cheating scandal that still hangs over them. I think the Red Sox have a chance if they can get past the Rays as that will be a massive win, if the Rays roll them then I think they’ll be AL Champs and a real shot at taking out the WS. 

Edited by Dr No
  • Like 2

• Fire Bar Matt changed the title to MLB Postseason 2021 (may contain spoilers)

Big Dodger fan myself, Duh!!

The Giants will be the Dodgers toughest obstacle, but if they happen to get past that, Kershaw and Muncy injuries may come back to hurt them as the playoffs progress.

12 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

Big Dodger fan myself, Duh!!

The Giants will be the Dodgers toughest obstacle, but if they happen to get past that, Kershaw and Muncy injuries may come back to hurt them as the playoffs progress.

I don’t think we’ll see Kershaw for the rest of the post season, Muncy perhaps if they make the WS.

The Dodgers have always had a lot of depth off the bench this year and their starting rotation is still very strong even without Kershaw. The talk was Urias would be pitching out of the pen, even with 20 wins this season, so put him back into the postseason starting rotation and it’s still a potent line up. 

• Like 1

Urias started tonight and left after 5 innings with a 2-1 lead.  It is now 9-2 Dodgers going into the 9th, I don't think Jensen will be needed tonight.  Even though they lost Bauer due to sexual asualt charges back in July, when they were able to pick up Mad Max and Trea Turner that should fill the loss.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

Urias started tonight and left after 5 innings with a 2-1 lead.  It is now 9-2 Dodgers going into the 9th, I don't think Jensen will be needed tonight.  Even though they lost Bauer due to sexual asualt charges back in July, when they were able to pick up Mad Max and Trea Turner that should fill the loss.

Getting Sherzer and Turner has got to be the best trade deadline deal any team made this year. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

Bauer due to sexual asualt charges

The Dodgers front office shit the bed when they signed him. The highest salary in baseball history. :Grin_Jump1: The guy is a nut basket and has always been a little off. 

• Like 1

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

1 minute ago, Soi7 said:

The Dodgers front office shit the bed when they signed him. The highest salary in baseball history. :Grin_Jump1: The guy is a nut basket and has always been a little off. 

I agree although I had never heard of him until he became a Dodger.  Unless he's convicted of the crime I don't see how they can not pay him his salary.

11 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

I agree although I had never heard of him until he became a Dodger.  Unless he's convicted of the crime I don't see how they can not pay him his salary.

i hope the Dodgers do have to pay him someone dropped the ball 

babydollsaddict.gif

Come on all - drop the Dodgers and the payroll that dwarfs the rest. Support the small market team and show some love for the Brewers. Support beer makers of all types!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LookingTurnsInto said:

Come on all - drop the Dodgers and the payroll that dwarfs the rest. Support the small market team and show some love for the Brewers. Support beer makers of all types!

Anyone other than the Dodgers or Astros and i will be happy. 

• Like 1

babydollsaddict.gif

Go Brewers! :Beer: They've never won the World Series.  Lost in seven games to the Cardinals in 1983 (I attended game 5), although the Milwaukee Braves beat the Yankees in 1957.

• Like 1

Retired

Some interesting stats I’ve heard from the coverage already this year. This is the first time the Dodgers & Giants and the Braves & Brewers have met each other in the NLDS. 

Hank Aaron who played for both the Brewers & Braves sadly passed away earlier this year, it would have been very interesting to see him attend this series. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Piece Corp said:

Go Brewers! :Beer: They've never won the World Series.  Lost in seven games to the Cardinals in 1983 (I attended game 5), although the Milwaukee Braves beat the Yankees in 1957.

Post season rooting interests this year seem obvious to me. Good things come in threes, right? First up, the Brew City Bucks. Next up, the Brew City Brewers. Simple logic would suggest that this trilogy would also include a permanent end to the ban on Brew being poured throughout Pattaya (although maybe #2 and #3 need to happen in reverse order...).

Don't overthink this one guys. Don a Brewers cap and support the cause.

I've been a Dodger fan since them and the Giants left New York in 1958 (Yankee fan prior).  Up until then the St Louis Cardinals were the furthest team both west and south in the US.  The Dodger's first year started badly as their catcher Roy Campanalla, who at that time was the best catcher in the league, was involved in an auto accident before the season started and was paralyzed for life.  The following year they won the National league and met the White Soxs in the World Series and won in 6 games.  They played in the LA Colisium until Dodger Stadium opened in 1962.  Big D and Koufax until Sandy had to retire in 1966.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

I've been a Dodger fan since them and the Giants left New York in 1958 (Yankee fan prior).  Up until then the St Louis Cardinals were the furthest team both west and south in the US.  The Dodger's first year started badly as their catcher Roy Campanalla, who at that time was the best catcher in the league, was involved in an auto accident before the season started and was paralyzed for life.  The following year they won the National league and met the White Soxs in the World Series and won in 6 games.  They played in the LA Colisium until Dodger Stadium opened in 1962.  Big D and Koufax until Sandy had to retire in 1966.

They finished the ‘59 season tied with the Milwaukee Braves but won the NL playoff series, 3-2 and 6-5 (in 11 innings).  The Braves were the NL champs in ‘57 & ‘58 and were loaded with Aaron, Mathews, Adcock, and Warren Spahn.  I have Warren Spahn’s autograph, he’s still the winningest left-handed pitcher in baseball history.

Retired

I’m a little behind today, just started watching the NLDS games, starting with Braves vs Brewers but the ALDS was very interesting especially the Red Sox vs Rays series. 

If I was a betting man I’d have put money on the Rays but the Red Sox played two unbelievable games to win that series, game 3 was epic. 

Astros vs White Sox not as exciting and while the WS were heavily tipped early in the season they really did fail to live up to the expectation losing in 4 in the ALDS. I used to be a bit of an Astros fan but certainly went off them when the cheating scandal emerged, now hopefully the Red Sox can take them down next week. 

I wont spoil it but keep watching.

Actually I will tell you this... Don't bother with Chicago vs Houston. Boring for the most part.

Edited by LASportsNut
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, BobLilly said:

Just do what you have to do to tune in for SF vs. La Game 5. It's the de facto baseball Championship game this year.

Sure to be a great game. 

1 hour ago, Pattaya Freelancer said:

Any of you ever played or playing the game yourselfs?

I played for many years, many years ago. 

4 hours ago, Pattaya Freelancer said:

Yes for many years and I also Manage and Coached youth ball.

One of the players I coached is in the Major Leagues and is very well known.

I had zero to do with it.  LOL

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pattaya Freelancer said:

i pitched in High school will never forget we were playing balboa high school  and they started Mike Norris who many will remember made it big getting drafted by the Oakland As and became a great pitcher. I was shit never got into a game unless we were so far behind that I could no harm. 

I will never forget the many baseball scouts that showed up to see Mike pitch and all the speed guns. good times back in the day 

• Like 1

babydollsaddict.gif

I played in University. Our coach played with Nolan Ryan when Ryan was a NY Met.

Highlight of my baseball 'career' was coach talked Ryan into visiting one day and pitching to a few of us. Doubt that sort of thing happens much these days, if at all, with all the multi-million dollar contracts.

The 3 of us that Ryan pitched to all struck out but best swing of my career was one I fouled off from the Ryan Express.

Giants fan. Tonight's game can go either way. This series certainly has not disappointed.

Used to be a huge baseball fan. When I was a kid, I'd save my dollars then buy a ticket to the Giants game through Ticket Master at the local Tower Records. But my interest from loving the 3 major sports in the US (football, baseball, basketball) shifted to just basketball once I didn't have the time to really follow it all one life got in the way. Consider myself more of a bandwagon baseball fan at this point.