IGNORED

MLB Postseason 2021 (may contain spoilers)

Fire Bar Matt

Any of you living in Thailand and interested to play?

Not baseball but the more senior slow pitch Softball.....we run 2 leagues in Bkk.....one quit competative and one a more beerguzzling contest.....m

15 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

Yes for many years and I also Manage and Coached youth ball.

One of the players I coached is in the Major Leagues and is very well known.

I had zero to do with it.  LOL

Since you're from southern Cal, did you ever make it down to Fiesta Island for the Over The Line Tournament?  Some of the women teams had gals that worked in strip clubs.  Nice team names like Six Tits and Three Slits.  Also had an annual contest for the ladies called Ms Emerson, meaning them are a pair of nice ones).  Parties at night at the local bars, I met Junior Seau at one of the parties.

1 hour ago, usexpat46 said:

Since you're from southern Cal, did you ever make it down to Fiesta Island for the Over The Line Tournament?  Some of the women teams had gals that worked in strip clubs.  Nice team names like Six Tits and Three Slits.  Also had an annual contest for the ladies called Ms Emerson, meaning them are a pair of nice ones).  Parties at night at the local bars, I met Junior Seau at one of the parties.

No, I never did. However, I believe I had heard about it.

Yes, I recall all the "Emerson" jokes growing up.

6 hours ago, Pattaya Freelancer said:

Not baseball but the more senior slow pitch Softball.....we run 2 leagues in Bkk.....one quit competative and one a more beerguzzling contest.....m

Played a lot of fastpitch softball for the Post Office league in San Francisco when I was between 18 and 25 I'd love to play but I can't run replaced hips. I sure miss the game

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

3 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

Dodgers win 2-1.  Mad Max comes in for the 9th inning to get the save

What a game, as close as the whole of the regular season had been. 

A hard way for the Giants to go out on a check swing but Mad Max probably had them covered in the 9th. 

Sure Bellinger got the game winning hit but how good is Mookie though? Coming into this game he was batting .350 in the post then goes 4 for 4, must be .500 now. Whatever the Dodgers paid to get him, it was worth every penny. 

Edited by Dr No
  • Thanks 1

Ya, the check swing was a horrible call and a horrible way to end the game.

They should just add this as another thing to challenge. 

I hate the reviews, but at least they get it right 98% of the time after the review.

The Dodgers lost earlier in the year on a check swing call to the Giants, so though it is BS the Giants cannot complain too much as that would have changed many things.

• Like 1

The Braves vs Dodgers will be a good series too.

The Braves get to set up their pitching and the Dodgers will have to zig zag a bit to make it work.

Red Sox are playing well with 2 ex-Dodgers Hernandez and Verdugo.  I hope they beat the Astros because I think the Astros are better. 

I want the least possible resistance for the Dodgers to repeat.  

1 hour ago, LASportsNut said:

The Braves vs Dodgers will be a good series too.

The Braves get to set up their pitching and the Dodgers will have to zig zag a bit to make it work.

Red Sox are playing well with 2 ex-Dodgers Hernandez and Verdugo.  I hope they beat the Astros because I think the Astros are better. 

I want the least possible resistance for the Dodgers to repeat.  

Dodgers played the Braves last year for the NL title and were down 3-1 before coming back to win.

• Like 2

What is up with the fans in Atlanta? So many empty seats for game 1 of the NLDS. Honestly they should be ashamed of themselves. 

7FB56501-1674-43E9-9C2C-8D575C412A6C.jpeg

Very happy with today's results. Was great seeing JD get the grand slam Houston drafted him in 2009 and in 2013 they released him did not send him to the minors gave him his outright release. Well they really fucked that up. Detroit signed him and he showed Houston that they made a huge mistake. 3 years in Detroit 1 in Arizona and now with a huge contract with Boston. Piss on Dusty and the cheating Astros

• Like 1

babydollsaddict.gif

21 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

Very happy with today's results. Was great seeing JD get the grand slam Houston drafted him in 2009 and in 2013 they released him did not send him to the minors gave him his outright release. Well they really fucked that up. Detroit signed him and he showed Houston that they made a huge mistake. 3 years in Detroit 1 in Arizona and now with a huge contract with Boston. Piss on Dusty and the cheating Astros

In all fairness Dusty had nothing to do with the cheating, in fact Cora, now at the Red Sox, was implicated in it. 
as for the rest of them who are still there, well yeah, I really hope they never make the WS again. 
A Red Sox vs Dodgers WS would be ideal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr No said:

In all fairness Dusty had nothing to do with the cheating, in fact Cora, now at the Red Sox, was implicated in it. 
as for the rest of them who are still there, well yeah, I really hope they never make the WS again. 
A Red Sox vs Dodgers WS would be ideal. 

Yes Dusty wasn't part of the organization at that time that's not why I'm a very anti Dusty Baker fan. Many many years ago my daughter played t-ball in Vallejo California they had a new stadium built or a new field rather. The San Francisco Giants baseball organization was contacted and asked if maybe somebody could come out on opening day and say a few words before the first games were played. A few days later I was told that the front office called and said the dusty would be happy to come out and say a few words well we weren't asking for him we were asking for anybody from the organization Just a San Francisco Giants person. Well opening day game there were big banners welcome banners the whole nine yards everybody was excited he failed to show up no call from the organization saying he was sorry he couldn't make it nothing just didn't come. So he can kiss my lily-white ass

babydollsaddict.gif

On 17/10/2021 at 01:36, Soi7 said:

Yes Dusty wasn't part of the organization at that time that's not why I'm a very anti Dusty Baker fan. Many many years ago my daughter played t-ball in Vallejo California they had a new stadium built or a new field rather. The San Francisco Giants baseball organization was contacted and asked if maybe somebody could come out on opening day and say a few words before the first games were played. A few days later I was told that the front office called and said the dusty would be happy to come out and say a few words well we weren't asking for him we were asking for anybody from the organization Just a San Francisco Giants person. Well opening day game there were big banners welcome banners the whole nine yards everybody was excited he failed to show up no call from the organization saying he was sorry he couldn't make it nothing just didn't come. So he can kiss my lily-white ass

Agree they should have made contact that he couldn't make his appearance.  I know that you are a big Detroit sports fan.  Were you old enough back in 1968 (you should have been about 12) to follow the 1968 Tigers?  Denny Mclain won 31 games during the regular season and Micky Lolich had 3 complete game victories to beat the Cardinals in the World Series.

48 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

Agree they should have made contact that he couldn't make his appearance.  I know that you are a big Detroit sports fan.  Were you old enough back in 1968 (you should have been about 12) to follow the 1968 Tigers?  Denny Mclain won 31 games during the regular season and Micky Lolich had 3 complete game victories to beat the Cardinals in the World Series.

We were at Games 3 4 and 5 in Detroit My father got tickets as a bonus from his employer remember it very much 

babydollsaddict.gif

5 hours ago, Soi7 said:

We were at Games 3 4 and 5 in Detroit My father got tickets as a bonus from his employer remember it very much 

That must have been great to see your home team the Tigers win the World Series with 2 pitching legends.  My favorite Tiger was Kirk Gibson when he became a free agent and signed with the Dodgers in 1988.  He was selected as the National League MVP and led the Dodgers to the World Series although he injured his leg  in the playoffs and couldn't start in the first game.  In the 1st game with LA down 1 run in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs and a runner on Lasorda asked if he could pinch hit and he said yes but couldn't run very fast.  With 2 strikes on him against future Hall of Fame Dennis Eckersley he hit a home run and LA went on to win the series, it was his only at bat during the series.

8 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

That must have been great to see your home team the Tigers win the World Series with 2 pitching legends.  My favorite Tiger was Kirk Gibson when he became a free agent and signed with the Dodgers in 1988.  He was selected as the National League MVP and led the Dodgers to the World Series although he injured his leg  in the playoffs and couldn't start in the first game.  In the 1st game with LA down 1 run in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs and a runner on Lasorda asked if he could pinch hit and he said yes but couldn't run very fast.  With 2 strikes on him against future Hall of Fame Dennis Eckersley he hit a home run and LA went on to win the series, it was his only at bat during the series.

babydollsaddict.gif

Any chance we can bring this thread back into 2021? 

Braves seem unbeatable in the late innings, Red Sox smashing it in the first 3. 
The LC’s are enthralling viewing. 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Dr No said:

Any chance we can bring this thread back into 2021? 

Braves seem unbeatable in the late innings, Red Sox smashing it in the first 3. 
The LC’s are enthralling viewing. 

Im hoping Atlanta and Boston in the WS

babydollsaddict.gif

21 hours ago, Soi7 said:

Im hoping Atlanta and Boston in the WS

I’m thinking you may get your wish, even though I’d rather see a Dodgers v Red Sox WS. 

Just watching the NLDS game 3 and I’m dumb founded why Dave Robert’s keeps inserting Albert Pujols into the games in critical at bats? Albert WAS a great player for the Cardinals and a certain first ballot HOF but his years at the Angels were disappointing at best and this year at the Dodgers has just shown how he’s lost the ability to make an impact. He’s a great team mate but he’s just too slow nowadays and IMHO it’s not doing the Dodgers any good using him to pinch hit. 

9 minutes ago, Dr No said:

I’m thinking you may get your wish, even though I’d rather see a Dodgers v Red Sox WS

Just watching the NLDS game 3 and I’m dumb founded why Dave Robert’s keeps inserting Albert Pujols into the games in critical at bats? Albert WAS a great player for the Cardinals and a certain first ballot HOF but his years at the Angels were disappointing at best and this year at the Dodgers has just shown how he’s lost the ability to make an impact. He’s a great team mate but he’s just too slow nowadays and IMHO it’s not doing the Dodgers any good using him to pinch hit. 

It was looking good for a while today and then both the Red Sox and the Braves took a shit oh well  still a lot of baseball to be played

• Like 1

babydollsaddict.gif

20 hours ago, Soi7 said:

It was looking good for a while today and then both the Red Sox and the Braves took a shit oh well  still a lot of baseball to be played

Go Stros, one more and looks good for the politically correct native American warriors.

Oh no 😱 the RedSox lost game 5! they need a win on Friday to keep the season alive!

Let's Go Red Sox!

Edited by ThomasMagnum

Dodgers fighting back strong in Game 5. Taylor with 2 huge HR’s and Pujolos while not having big hits has certainly had an impact. He seems better when he starts rather than pinch hits. 

On 14/10/2021 at 19:18, Pattaya Freelancer said:

Played a few years ago in a Bangkok league with some guys in the hospitality business. One of them, Ron who goes by Stargazer on Thailand forums, opened a lavish Baseball themed restaurant called the HomeRun and sponsored teams. He fucked off back to Hong Kong when his burger place failed and the leagues sort of fizzled any way thereafter.