IGNORED

Prime Burger

MC Burger is a SHIT HOLE now.  

I was there about a week ago and it is like eating in a back ally in somewhere I do not want to be.

The hamburger was very good. Not great.

They do not have any customers, so I felt like I was at the zoo while all employees and friends stared at me while I ate.

I also felt like they were all waiting for a hand out (tip or by them food).

I will never go back under covid conditions at least.

When I rate food places, I agree the taste of the food is the most important, however the atmosphere is next as important.

Eating a meal for me is entertainment, I expect to savor the food, service and atmosphere.  The value also is part of the equation.

Edited by LASportsNut

10 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

MC Burger is a SHIT HOLE now.  

One of the reasons I started going to Prime Burger (want to get in talk about Prime Burger since that is the topic of this thread and I don't want an OCD moderator to scold me) was my last visit to MC Burger. I agree the burgers were okay. My visit was pre-Covid. It was early evening, I was the only customer, I started enjoying my diner and the staff insisted on cranking up the music to what was to me, an uncomfortable level. I asked them to turn it down, since I was the only customer. They said, 'cannot'. That made the decision easy for me, okay food or not, if it's uncomfortable dining somewhere, I "cannot" come back to eat there. 

IMO, Prime Burger has always been a bit more than just okay whenever I've been there, both pre-Covid and during Covid.

• Like 3

It’s a good location to people watch but you may be breathing in Baht bus exhaust outside.  I have had a drinks there more than the burgers.  I found the burgers good but kind of small for the price.  I prefer the burgers at Fraser's in Jomtien.  I miss a Guinness with my burger, so just have the burger.

I ordered Prime Burger for delivery a week or two ago, one with a double patty. I opened the burger and looked at the patties and they were very flat and fell apart very easily. Didn't taste that great either. I wouldn't order from there again.

Best burger I've had is at Fuddruckers (American chain, started in Texas I believe). Since they grind their own meat you can order a burger medium rare--nice and juicy. They also bake their own bread so the buns are really fresh. You get the burger without condiments but are free to load on what you wish from a salad bar-like area. I'd like to find a similar place in Thailand. Any suggestions?

When you guys say "smashburger" I take it you mean flattened very thin and cooked well done like Steak 'n' Shake?

• Like 3

Is Mos Burger still going in BKK ? Used to enjoy their fish burger back in the day. For those BM’s from or based in the UK , remember a chain called Wendy’s? I thought their burgers tasted much better than McDonalds- a proper flame grilled taste- but they seemed to disappear from the high street….

2 hours ago, Somchai1 said:

Is Mos Burger still going in BKK ? Used to enjoy their fish burger back in the day. For those BM’s from or based in the UK , remember a chain called Wendy’s? I thought their burgers tasted much better than McDonalds- a proper flame grilled taste- but they seemed to disappear from the high street….

There is a Mo's Burger at the bottom floor of Terminal 21 at Asoke (Bangkok)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, philkrenshaw said:

Best burger I've had is at Fuddruckers (American chain, started in Texas I believe). Since they grind their own meat you can order a burger medium rare--nice and juicy. They also bake their own bread so the buns are really fresh. You get the burger without condiments but are free to load on what you wish from a salad bar-like area. I'd like to find a similar place in Thailand. Any suggestions?

When you guys say "smashburger" I take it you mean flattened very thin and cooked well done like Steak 'n' Shake?

Yes this is an outstanding burger.

They were just sold actually.

The one I used to frequent in LA (Burbank, CA) closed down about a year or so ago.

It is very difficult for me to pick the best burger like it is difficult for me to pick the best pizza.

Had that burgers at Prime Burgers , can’t remember which burger is that New York or ? Very impressed, probably my best burger  ever . Better than Carl’s Jr. ( at Central Festival , never tried it at US .) . More juicy .  Visited Prime Burger about 6/7 times . Hopefully still in business for my retirement living . Haven’t been in Thailand since 3rd of March last year . 

33661E61-DA20-4DE0-BF41-8CFD81D858C4.jpeg

• Like 2

MC Burger served "smash burgers" same as Prime Burger. Flattened out hamburger patties. Of the two I prefer Prime. But Just Burgers has the best to me.

I've had Fuddruckers they were ok. Best burger in the States In-N-Out! "That's what a hamburger's all about" But I'm an LA guy so biased!! 555

• Like 3

On 06/07/2021 at 09:15, Ohyesuare said:

I ordered Prime Burger for delivery a week or two ago, one with a double patty. I opened the burger and looked at the patties and they were very flat and fell apart very easily. Didn't taste that great either. I wouldn't order from there again.

Being strapped onto a motorbike and driven dangerously across town probably didn’t help. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Somchai1 said:

Wendy’s is an international chain. But it’s just opened in the UK recently. Unless they tried it once before and it didn’t work out and they closed. 

2 hours ago, Arnie85 said:

Wendy’s is an international chain. But it’s just opened in the UK recently. Unless they tried it once before and it didn’t work out and they closed. 

Wendy's burgers would be my second choice behind In-n-Out. I'd go to BKK for one! 555

Their burgers are really good tasting....moist and juicy. I always got the double with cheese!

Another vote for in-n-out 🍔 would go well in Pattaya after an in-n-out :23:

Retired

4 hours ago, Arnie85 said:

Yeh they were around in the mid-late 80’s in London. I remember one branch on Oxford St, one of Londons biggest shopping areas. The burger was good and they had fresh sliced tomato in it, which worked for me……it was much better than  McD’s offerings IMO

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 09/07/2021 at 15:27, LASportsNut said:

Yes this is an outstanding burger.

They were just sold actually.

The one I used to frequent in LA (Burbank, CA) closed down about a year or so ago.

It is very difficult for me to pick the best burger like it is difficult for me to pick the best pizza.

I worked on the East Coast in the US for 5 years so I was usually in the DCA airport (DC) on Friday afternoons. They had a Fuddruckers there, so I would on occasion grab one while waiting for my flight. I switched over to the Bison Burger and really liked it. Less fat and cholesterol and a much cleaner taste than cow.

If we are talking about a US restaurant that would do really well in Thailand, I would suggest a Popeye's Chicken franchise. Looking for partners.

• Like 2

Texas Chicken is expanding, more branches opening around Patts.

MC burgers have been ruined by the staff, extremely poor show.

Prime Burger had a good business model but has become complacent & expensive, cook my own these days with Manston burgers from the expat food stores.  :P

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, ChiFlyer said:

I worked on the East Coast in the US for 5 years so I was usually in the DCA airport (DC) on Friday afternoons. They had a Fuddruckers there, so I would on occasion grab one while waiting for my flight. I switched over to the Bison Burger and really liked it. Less fat and cholesterol and a much cleaner taste than cow.

If we are talking about a US restaurant that would do really well in Thailand, I would suggest a Popeye's Chicken franchise. Looking for partners.

Agree on the Bison Burger...A lot of these comments are personal preference versus actual quality...which is fair I guess...especially since they are qualifying their opinions.  Like you might love a glazed donut at such and such a place...but their best quality donut is chocolate....so when you go you get the glazed...not the chocolate because that's what you prefer...even though objectively speaking the chocolate is better.  

I thought you guys talking about quality SoCal burgers were talking about some ...Like a Peter Luger burger...but you are talking about fast food type places that most are smashed and not cooked on an open flame.  It is like comparing "traditional" smoked BBQ to boiled and grilled (Like Phil's in San Diego).... Don't get me wrong...I eat all the ones listed now and then...but I would never call them a quality burger.   All the great burger places in LA/SoCal and you call shout out InO and Shake Shake makes me :Cry3:

• 6 months later...
On 09/07/2021 at 17:34, Rocketboy said:

MC Burger served "smash burgers" same as Prime Burger. Flattened out hamburger patties. Of the two I prefer Prime. But Just Burgers has the best to me.

I've had Fuddruckers they were ok. Best burger in the States In-N-Out! "That's what a hamburger's all about" But I'm an LA guy so biased!! 555

Had the Prime Burger smash burger and found it charred and dry. Never again.

In-N-Out is a good fast food burger but "Best burger in the States"? Any competent mid-level restaurant can make a superior burger to In-N-Out Burgers. IMO

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

43 minutes ago, likeaking said:

Had the Prime Burger smash burger and found it charred and dry. Never again.

In-N-Out is a good fast food burger but "Best burger in the States"? Any competent mid-level restaurant can make a superior burger to In-N-Out Burgers. IMO

What exactly is a "smash burger"? I have to admit to not being all hip and happening and being up on the latest lingo. 🙂

47 minutes ago, Garzan said:

What exactly is a "smash burger"? I have to admit to not being all hip and happening and being up on the latest lingo. 🙂

Wiki page for the Smashburger chain, that describes the technique of cooking a smash burger.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smashburger

From elsewhere on the Net:

Smash burgers are made using the process of placing a round ball of ground beef on a hot cast iron cooking surface and smashing it with a spatula to yield a thin beef patty. The result is a juicy thin burger with a nicely seared exterior.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Wiki page for the Smashburger chain, that describes the technique of cooking a smash burger.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smashburger

From elsewhere on the Net:

Smash burgers are made using the process of placing a round ball of ground beef on a hot cast iron cooking surface and smashing it with a spatula to yield a thin beef patty. The result is a juicy thin burger with a nicely seared exterior.

Ah, so it's a chain term that has become a generic, like Xerox copies instead of photocopies. I've never encountered an actual Smashburger outlet so the terminology hasn't ever made much sense to me. Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, Garzan said:

Ah, so it's a chain term that has become a generic, like Xerox copies instead of photocopies. I've never encountered an actual Smashburger outlet so the terminology hasn't ever made much sense to me. Thanks. 

Their burgers are pretty damn good!

The difference is "smashing" the meatball onto the grill/griddle and then flattening it out vs. McDonalds and other places that have pre-formed patties.

They're trendy in the USA, with everybody and their dog -- except the fast food places that use pre-formed patties -- seemingly claiming to make them.