IGNORED

Prime Burger

I had the Tuesday "Bangkok" special, which is a double cheeseburger with jalapenos, and a side of jalapeno poppers.  Maybe they should call it the "Tijuana".

I think I make a good burger at home, but they don't hold a candle to Prime Burger's.

PrimeBangkok.thumb.jpg.1cd03f7975f125269f7f98eb9a2a3bf2.jpg

Agree, the Bangkok Burger and fries is my favourite delivery when im too lazy to go out!

• 2 months later...

I tried Prime Burger last week and I enjoyed it so much I when back tonight. 

This time, the owner approached me to ask how the burger was. I told him it gave So California burgers a run for it's money, as the burgers are very good.

Jenz (spelling?) is a nice dude from Sweden. He has a partner and they have another location in Bangkok (Sukhumvit 27).

The Pattaya location is on Soi Buakhao across from Tree Town.

I have attached some photos.

IMG_4387.jpg

IMG_4382.jpg

IMG_4386.jpg

IMG_4385 (1).jpg

Edited by LASportsNut
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, very good burgers there. They even delivered to Runway Bar last year when I was there. 

• Like 1

Sorry to be the voice of dissent, but they make a smash burger which I dislike. A Midwestern American needs a real burger not some dried out burnt at the edges thing. I have found real American style Burgers at both Peaky Blinders and Akvavit. 

Before discovering Just Burgers I thought Prime Burger was it and went there for my burger fix! Haven't been back to Prime since!

As a Southern Cali native I can't say the Prime burgers give any I had in LA/SC a run for my money! 

Yes smash burgers. Like M.C. Burger makes and where I first had one before going to Prime. I did like Prime better than M.C.!

1 hour ago, Rocketboy said:

Before discovering Just Burgers I thought Prime Burger was it and went there for my burger fix! Haven't been back to Prime since!

As a Southern Cali native I can't say the Prime burgers give any I had in LA/SC a run for my money! 

Yes smash burgers. Like M.C. Burger makes and where I first had one before going to Prime. I did like Prime better than M.C.!

OK Rocketboy. You got me curious now. Since you are from the Los Angeles area like myself, I will give you some credibility.  LOL

We may need to get another LA guy to weigh in for a majority vote @Luv2Phuket  :D

I find it is hard to match some of the greats from So Cal (In N' Out, Fatburger,) or even some of the others from other areas Shake Shake and Five Guys.

Going to give a few days or so and check out M.C. Burger.

26 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

OK Rocketboy. You got me curious now. Since you are from the Los Angeles area like myself, I will give you some credibility.  LOL

We may need to get another LA guy to weigh in for a majority vote @Luv2Phuket  :D

I find it is hard to match some of the greats from So Cal (In N' Out, Fatburger,) or even some of the others from other areas Shake Shake and Five Guys.

I WISH that I was there to give them a comparison taste test with you!  5555

I'm a fan of In N Out, as well as Shake Shack and Five Guys. Used to love me a good Fatburger, but they're becoming harder and harder to find.

I tried Prime Burger on a prior trip -- a very good burger, but mine was hellaciously messy.

• Like 2

For me, I only get the Dubai (Chicken) Burger from Prime, and I have enjoyed them sitting at a table in Runway. My own idea of the height of burger development is McMenamins (https://www.mcmenamins.com/eat-drink) scattered around the Pacific Northwet area. 

However, to be a bit of a contrarian, I don't really look for a recreation of a McMenamin's burger, or craft beer, in Thailand. McMenamin's has the unassailable advantage of 'fond memory' that a 'here and now' establishment just can't compete with. Rather, my preferred measure is, 'today, right now, is this Prime Burger I have in my hand fully satisfying and delicious?' Prime Burger has never (to date) let me down. Some other establishments have, but so far, Prime Burger has continued to remain my best spot for a burger in Pattaya. Is it as good as my Seattle memories? No. But for current Pattaya experiences, it's pretty darn good. :-)

• Like 2

I have only tried Prime Burger a few times back in the pre-Covid days but what stould out to me was not the patty but their bun. The meat was good and tasty but not outstanding. Their bread I thought was absolutely delicious.

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

There’s a place on the Tokyo floor at T21 that does nice burgers, it’s right in the far corner (furthest from the beach). Hope they’re still open. Hawaiian chain. 

57E02579-6BDD-4DD7-A4EB-32D9487F44C7.jpeg

• Like 3

Prime Burger, Harry's and Beefeater.

Could say, The Swedish way!

They all continue to fight for survival.

Edited by soi16

46 minutes ago, Arnie85 said:

Hope they’re still open

Gone.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

Well my friend Ken (who lives here) is from LA and likes Prime better than Just Burgers! But he a weirdo! 555

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

Was told they were closed 

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

For the piece de resistance of American food, I always go to the Irish chippy on Soi New Plaza.

The gaffer there can fry the beejaysus out of a lump of ground beef.

Edited by Pooliekev

It ain't what you do it's the way that you do it.

Ate at Prime Burger last week. The burger was good but not keen on the french fries.

3 minutes ago, spiderman said:

Ate at Prime Burger last week. The burger was good but not keen on the french fries.

Have you tried the sweet potato fries? Those are my favorite there. 

I stopped going to prime burger due to the burgers being very inconsistent each time I had one, either it was over salty and peppery or it was bland and tasteless. I find Carl's junior is better.

My go to burger place was Teddy in T 21 partly because of their history, but mostly because damn good burger. Closed now Prime burger it is.

4 hours ago, Arnie85 said:

There’s a place on the Tokyo floor at T21 that does nice burgers, it’s right in the far corner (furthest from the beach). Hope they’re still open. Hawaiian chain. 

57E02579-6BDD-4DD7-A4EB-32D9487F44C7.jpeg

Was my goto burger place. used to eat their burgers on the North Shore. Closed now;0(

I do like the burger and chips at Peaky Blinders, and reasonably priced at 195B. 

Is Just Burger located on beach road Jomtiem?

6 minutes ago, jimboh said:

I do like the burger and chips at Peaky Blinders, and reasonably priced at 195B. 

Is Just Burger located on beach road Jomtiem?

Yes, about half way down on the 2nd part of Jomtien beach rd. (ie: between Chaiyapruek and the end of the Beach Road).  

I recommend it also. And a plus is you can cross the road and eat overlooking the water,

• 1 month later...

Greetings,

When I was there with several friends, I ordered large halloumi salad and 2 other alacarte dishes. Afterwards, I felt, I got ripped off due to size of the salad and the taste! I wasn't impressed but my friends like the place! I'll never go back there again!

Hang Loose, mongoose!

33 minutes ago, Yabusaki said:

Greetings,

When I was there with several friends, I ordered large halloumi salad and 2 other alacarte dishes. Afterwards, I felt, I got ripped off due to size of the salad and the taste! I wasn't impressed but my friends like the place! I'll never go back there again!

Agree the place is hyped trash like Robin Hood.

Good burger at Arno's in Terminal 21 

• Like 2